[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you ever read a Grimoire? I have read alittle about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Talis02.png (7 KB, 243x240) Image search: [Google]
Talis02.png
7 KB, 243x240
Have any of you ever read a Grimoire?

I have read alittle about some of the most well known books and what they cointain. But it seems like they are hard to get through.

Anything worth sharing?
>>
>>17083646
Bumping for intrest
>>
File: zZwxqog.gif (118 KB, 493x450) Image search: [Google]
zZwxqog.gif
118 KB, 493x450
very much bump sir
>>
>>17083646
>hard to get through
What do you mean? Do you mean they're boring/hard to read?

Also I personally don't prefer to read grimoires (at least those that are considered "true" grimoires) because they're meant to be a teaching tool and that typically doesn't apply to my craft. I do look through other witches' book of shadows/spell books though.
>>
>>17083646
black pullet. nice :3
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 251x201
once again a bump for u fine sirs further information would be appreciated... being the inquisitive feline
>>
>>17083646
if you want some good fomprehensive stuff cornelius agrippa is good. if you want the fundamentals before then of the western magick tradition you should read iamblichus. if you wish to understand the whole concept of the world of ideas and sympathetic magick read plato and socrates and know that occultism predated all of this and understanding came later over time snd is still progressing :3.

have fun ^_^
>>
>>17083646
also the picatrix.
>>
>>17083646
I've read Malleus Maleficarum
>>
>>17083975
heehee. ive used that as the devil card in teaching tarot for reasons of irony while being very on the nose for its meaning, and the actual site having unfornunately vague rules on nudity :3
>>
>>17083994
just the cover page ofthe book
>>
>>17083878
Where can I find an English translation?
(Ps I did Google search, it's either in Latin or it costs money)
>>
>>17084023
still kind of a problem these days,. the english translstion is fairly recent. i know thst feel. i still havent read more than a few pages and heard of its reputation.
i had an english translation in pdf once but misplaced it >>
>>
>>17084065
Damn. Thank you for your honesty though! The struggle with magick texts is finding ones of actual merit...
>>
In the /omg/ mega, there's a folder of grimoires I believe.
>>
>>17084201
I've gone through that about 4 times, but wasn't looking for that text before. Worth a shot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.