[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleep paralysis thread? Has anybody seen this film (The Nightmare)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 11191440_ori.jpg (224 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
11191440_ori.jpg
224 KB, 800x1185
Sleep paralysis thread?

Has anybody seen this film (The Nightmare)? Damn it gave me bad vibes, like lights on afterwards and about an hour before I crashed out.

What got me was the idea that sleep paralysis is infectious and can be spread just through suggestion, that the beings you see in sleep paralysis are actually self aware and exist in some way. One part the guy says the girl lying next to him had a night terror and their experience kind of overlapped, she saw a cat with red eyes, he saw a shadowman with red eyes and that kinda thing.

Whats the deal with the archetypes as well? Like, WHY shadowmen and hags?
>>
>>17082440
>being afraid of sleep paralysis and shadow people

man kek

this is why we can't have nice things
>>
i was moving my new girlfriend into her new house and i had brought some selenite and crystals with me to put around the place.
While i was falling asleep i knew i was slipping into paralysis.
I was in the street in broad daylight, and a group of people that looked dressed as police maybe? they all wore blue; walked across the street to me.
After they got close, their heads all turned to pale, dead, pig heads. With skin over where the eyes should be. It felt like they observed me, and i observed them as well. it was weird.
>>
sleeps paralysis is fucking awesome, having them since 97', all sorts of spooky voices all the time
>>
Holy shit that trailer! Have experienced sleep paralysis, but no shadow men. Wtf.
>>
>>17082460

Most the stuff in that documentary makes sleep paralysis pretty traumatic. The shadowmen, apparitions etc are all very much hostile.
>>
>>17082440
Just watched it, and i have experienced many of the same things.
Although some of those stories are a little bit more extreme than some of my experiences, it was nice to know that the static, the loud screaming, the shadow men, the feeling of dread and the talking are not just me.
>>
I remember the first time I experienced sleep paralysis (one of only 3/4 times) I was going through a little of stress, depression, anger etc. But, during the experience I felt intense love and told myself "even if it wants to hurt you, if there's nothing you can do, at least you reached with love) and it wasn't scary at all besides the initial shock. It ended quickly too. I was very proud of myself for reacting in such a way, especially considering the fact my mental state at the time was not conclusive to such a reaction. In person, I was a wreck, lacking in compassion and full of fear.

Just wondered if anyone else had a " positive" outcome such as this.
>>
>>17083032
Forgive obvious typos, mobile postin'
>>
File: 1447620995869.gif (748 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1447620995869.gif
748 KB, 200x189
I had three episodes just last night.
Although, they were not horrifying, But rather, erotic. Each episode was only a few seconds long, But the third was orgasmic. It was like my prostate gland was stimulated directly.
>>
I get it now and then and have done for 5+ years now. I didn't know what it was at first and thought i'd just dreamed it.

But after reading about it by chance i now know its no dream. I can go for months without it happening and then one night i'll just wake up and i cant move and i really have to fight to move one leg or an arm.

Once i can start to move an arm or a leg i can free my hole body then and get out off bed.
>>
File: hellbeast.png (22 KB, 1064x610) Image search: [Google]
hellbeast.png
22 KB, 1064x610
>>17083001
cont.
The first time i remember experiencing it was when i was about 6 or 7 years old, I was trying to get to sleep and remember seeing this dark green "witches" face hovering in the corner off my room.
I couldn't move and it was leering at me, I was so scared I couldn't make a sound I remember being scared that my voice didn't work anymore.
Eventually i woke up and screamed the house awake.
This happened several times, until my dad took our copy of ghostbusters away and blamed these nightmares on the ghostbusters. I would watch that film over and over again trying to learn how to beat the ghosts.
And it became my mantra everytime it would happen. to try and call out the ghostbusters names in order to frighten the ghosts away.
Dad taking away the VHS and hiding it or taping over it only made things worse.
>>
>>17083140
I came to view sleep as a terrifying time, and would attempt to stay awake for as long as possible, I did this by gathering torches and reading untill I passed out, I think I read the lord of the rings at least 7 times by the time I was 11, it's why I wear glasses now.

The second most memorable time Sleep paralysis happened to me was a saturday morning, I must have been 10 or 11 years old.
I was dozing away and the sun was coming through the edges of the curtains, when the fear gripped me and I realized I was completely paralysed, I knew there was something i the room, and while trying to scream ghostbusters as loud as I can (even though no sound would come out) I managed to turn my head slightly.
Hovering about four feet from the floor was this glowing orb about twice the size of a basketball.
It was rotating slowly and filled me with terror, I watched it hover there for I don't know how long, before it rose slightly and moved out through the wall under my window.
I hid under the covers for a long time after I had regained my movement.
>>
>>17083166
After this orb incident the episodes became less frequent, and throughout my adolescence, going to sleep seemed to involve a bizarre slumbering ritual, where frequently I would dream I was dying from a terrible injury to my stomach, either by gun, knife, spear or poison Etc. (I've never told anyone about this, and it seems odd to look back on it now) it was almost always sexual in nature, not in any sexual fantasy act way, but the dying from the stomach wound held a sort of perverse pleasure.
This happened for years. Eventually I grew out of the ghostbusters mantra, and tried saying Jesus.
Neither worked.
>>
>Praying to ghostbusters
Son...
>>
>>17083181
For a fucked up 7 year old beset by mental demons, I figured it made sense.
>>
>>17083186
Thank you for sharing. This is the type of stuff people only really share after you get to know them really well. Hell, many people are so mundane they don't even have things like this to share. Thank you for being you. At the same time, sorry you had to go through this shit; I suffer from insomnia terribly so kinda share them feels.
>>
>>17083215
The story goes on and on but twill be for another time. They've gotten much worse.
>>
I've never had anything happen to me during sleep paralysis. Every time it's happened to me I just stay staring at my ceiling for a few seconds, then I close my eyes and I force my body to move.
>>
>>17083554
This, what's this shit about shadow people and voices? Sleep paralysis is scary enough, don't need any supernatural bullshit to try to make it even scarier. If I ever see or hear anything other than the ceiling or myself thinking "oh fuck please just be sleep paralysis," I'll film myself eating a piece of my underwear with ketchup.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.