[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Allow me to disprove all Tulpa/Thoughtform theories with a simple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: faith-and-doubt.jpg (20 KB, 519x430) Image search: [Google]
faith-and-doubt.jpg
20 KB, 519x430
Allow me to disprove all Tulpa/Thoughtform theories with a simple exercise in critical thinking.

To sum it up in very simple terms, the idea behind a thoughtform is that you will a conciousness into existence that becomes physically tangible or otherwise. This is supposedly done through sheer belief and willpower.

Right now there exist millions, if not billions in certain groups of numbers of <extremely> devoted, to the core members of faith. If a select handful of people claim they can summon these thought forms into existance, why are there no deities mass walking the Earth, or extremely large-scale manifestations of miracles on a daily basis prominent on every face of the globe? It just does not add up nor make sense that someone could claim to have willed into existence, a life form (and in most cases something as mundane as a sex slave in the form of their ideal woman) when there are right now as you read this fanatical devotees to a nexus of different faiths and old religions with zero empirical evidence of their specific higher beings or powers existing.
>>
>>17082397
>what is imagination
Come on Anon, you can do beter than that.
>>
>>17082398

I made the thread to point out an extremely obvious concept flaw that for some reason flies above everyone's head. It's the elephant in the room of reason, I don't see how people can't come to this conclusion on their own accord.
>>
>>17082397
>the idea behind a thoughtform is that you will a conciousness into existence that becomes physically tangible or otherwise.
See it's the "otherwise" part where your "thought experiment" fails. I put it in quotations since it is in no way a thought experiment. It's just a "You guys are dumb 'cause..."

But I submit to you they are not dumb they are mentally ill with clearly diagnosable schizophrenia or at least that is their objective.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.