[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
According to my roommate, there's something "creepy"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: P_20151214_012725.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
P_20151214_012725.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
According to my roommate, there's something "creepy" and even "paranormal" about a figure I keep seeing in my dreams. We both occasionally browse 4chan, and he sometimes checks out /x/, and said that if there's anywhere I should ask, it's here.

So I'd like to know your verdict. As with most people, I don't tend to remember my dreams very well, but a lot of the ones I do remember tend to have a specific figure in common. Apart from this figure, these dreams are usually completely unrelated. What happens is that I'll be dreaming about something, possibly just going about my business, when I'll suddenly get a feeling of being watched, although it's more than a feeling. I'll just know that something is watching me, and where it is watching me from. Whenever I look, I see pic related. Sometimes it's far away (I can't see the eyes then), and sometimes it's close.

Now I was bored earlier today, and was just sketching the figure. My roommate saw the sketches, and commented on how "creepy" they were. When I told him that I dream about it, he started freaking out, but it's not like I'm hearing spoopy whispers or any of that crap, and I honestly don't see why my he's freaking out. What say you guys?
>>
He's flosting, sideways, so that's creepy. Other than that, I can only relate that he reminds me od Candlejack... but maybe that's going--
>>
File: P_20151214_012725.jpg (85 KB, 464x618) Image search: [Google]
P_20151214_012725.jpg
85 KB, 464x618
>>17081169
Aaaaand here's a pic that isn't all fucked. Please debunk this quickly, the roomie won't back down on this being "weird".
>>
>>17081202
Yeah the drawing is creepy and the feeling of being watched can be creepy, esp. by something so odd looking. Is it always a creepy vibe in the dream? Ever a "protective" feeling? Any other beings watching, and if so, what are they like?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_person

Happens during REM sleep, an anxiety thing most likely.
>>
>>17081216
Eh, not really. I mean, things'll be pretty normal up until I know it's watching. Then everything else just feels less real, like the figure is a focal point. Now I'm no artist, so I haven't really completely captured what it looks like. But it's always alone, and always hungry. It doesn't really respond much when I talk to it though.
>>
>>17081219
If OP isn't seeing then during waking hours or experiencing any sort of night terror, sleep paralysis or other notable physiological symptoms, then I'd venture to say that it's quite unlike a "shadow person" and more. A professional who is experienced with dream interpretation, especially a Psychoanalyst, may be able to expound this a bit more thoroughly and put it into more pragmatic terms. I'm sure it's hardly anything to be concerned about.
>>
>>17081219
Eh, maybe that's it. I don't really have anxiety though, and it's not like it scares me. Dreams are just dreams.
>>
>>17081250
Perhaps a manifestation of your own unconcious desires menacingly stalking you. It's always alone, and is non-communicative. How's your love life? And your social life?
>>
>>17081149
Tbqh, the best way to deal with this stuff it to make sure you aren't convincing yourself first. You will start to force hallucinations on yourself before it starts happening for any other reason.

Do you have impaired vision? This used to be a semi-frequent problem of mine until I got glasses, altho I dont need need them, it really helps. You need to test reality on all levels before you can be sure you're seeing shit. Trust me.

You do not wanna fuckin drive yourself nuts. If all logic has been tested, and you have determined to yourself without a doubt that this thing is real, I highly suggest doing research.

If it IS real then imo its probably a shadow-person. (Google "Shadow People")

It could be a partial schizophrenic reaction. I know that sounds bad but I would take schizo over paranormal entities any day.
>>
oh shit NGaw you should be scared, this is def "weird", "creepy" aaand "paranormal". your roommate was right, good thing you came here.
>>
>>17081290
Sounds like wishful thinking. We've established that this figure only makes itself apparent during dreams. It's not a matter of impaired vision or cognition, let alone something far less ordinary.
>>
>>17081279
Well, sometimes it responds, but it usually doesn't make sense. Mostly stuff along what will be finished. Also stuff about a river and bleeding flowers.

As for my love life, I have a really sweet gf. She's nice as can be, I couldn't ask for much more on that front. As for my social life, I have friends and get along with people, though I appreciate my alone time on the weekends.
>>
>>17081290
My sight's near-perfect, and the only one really concerned here is my roommate. The only "real" thing about it is that it's something that shows up a lot in dreams. I have depression, but definitely not schizo.
>>
>>17081149
I'll cut to the chase... it's a projection of yourself, in some form, to the "external" environment of the dream. You're externalizing some aspect of yourself that you felt, at least unconciously, that you needed to show yourself in order to recognize was there. Keep a backlog of detailed notes with as much as you can remember about these dreams and see what you can learn about yourself. Much of what we see and experience in dreams are symbolic and even unrealized or repressed aspects of the subconcious or unconcious mind
>>
>>17081308
What does a river symbolize to you? How about flowers and blood? What would you say about the stability in the people closest to you?
>>
>>17081334
Hmmm... this sounds pretty straightforward. I know that psychology and the brain can be pretty complex stuff, but it mostly just talks about the same stuff, as mentioned in >>17081308

Anyone wanna take a crack at interpreting the meaning?
>>
>>17081345
That's what I'm trying to do... but I can't feed you a de-facto answer until I identify the symbolism. The answer is inside the shell... have to crack the coconut first.
>>
>>17081342
Everyone around me is pretty stable, though my gf has some anxiety problems but her medication takes pretty good care of that.

And I have no idea about what a river and bleeding flowers might mean. I'd say that it's occult mumbo-jumbo if I'd heard this somewhere else, though I know rituals and all that are bs, I tried that stuff for a long time, and it never works.
>>
File: PJ0wzgU.gif (744 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
PJ0wzgU.gif
744 KB, 320x240
>>17081149
They try to feed on your fear or anxiety or negative emotions overall. Still, nothing serious.

I've been dealing with those for quite a few years and at this point I'm quite sure they're a bit more than just your own mind fucking with you. They think and they adapt their tactics. It's actually interesting.

For example, one of my first experiences with those was:
>Had been having nightmarish dreams for quite a while and I wrote them down. Dream Journal.
>Didn't rest well and it made me feel drained in the morning
>Plan about going lucid next time it happens.
>That night, have normal dream. With friends at some cool sci-fi megacity.
>Bigbudgetdream.jpg.
>Suddenly dream about a creepy house by the sea.
>Dream gets more and more fucked up, start to feel anxious.
>Nope, not today. Get lucid.
>Dream somehow realises that.
>Everything goes pitch black and some spooky creature out of the darkest depths of the underworld appears.
>Oh shit I didn't see that coming.
>Whatever, I'm lucid. Go Godhand mode and blow the fuck out of the nightmare. Pic related.
>After that thing has been vanished, I turn around and I see a shadow person for a moment.
>Looks at me and disappears.
>Lights on again. Dream changed, back to the megacity as if it was just an intrusion. Everything back to normal.
>Think "WTF?" and wake up. See same shadow person for a sec or two, darker than the darkest corners of the room.
>Then it's gone.
>After that, didn't happen again.

Now when I see them while awake and they stay around they normally mean bad dreams.The best I know to get rid of them instead of fighting is giving it the opposite emotion they seek. They get buttflustered for a while and then retreat to wherever the hell they came from.

Take this with a pinch of salt, as always, but it works for me and if "having delusions" helps you get rid of nightmares then it's not so bad.
>>
>>17081367
Occultism is generally inadvisable for anyone experiencing any form of depression or anxiety, as it can sometimes lead to obsessive fixation, anxiety or other psychological malady, even in folks who are otherwise emotionally stable. I'd recommend keeping a continuous and detailed log of comparable dreams, including ones past, and seeing what you can conclude. Dates and sequence of dreams, if possible, surroundings inside of the dreams, things heard, spoken and seen, feelings and impressions at various points in the dreams, and even what was going on at that point of your life on a general and/or specific basis. You can probably conclude what it's all about that way. Nothing occultic about that. This may seem a little more out there or silly, but try following it to see where it leads you in the dreams... or interrogating it. If the figure feels threatened, so to speak, it may begin to leave you alone. I'm a big proponant of lucid dreaming as a way of dealing with nightmares and resolving reoccuring dreams and puzzles that yell JENGA! in the night. Food for thought.
>>
>>17081409
Gmta... to a degree we're thinking along the same vein.
>>
>>17081409
Well I'll admit that I've tried attacking it, but I'm never able to catch it. If I approach it in any way, it'll stick close to me for the rest of the dream instead of going away, so I mostly just leave it alone, though I might try to talk to it if things are slow.
>>
>>17081422
Yeah... tell it yo, what you want man? You looking for a hot date or you just got something useful to tell me? If that's too blunt then just see if it will guide you down a path, but try to keep track of the what's, where's and how's. The why's may come later once you've got more info.
>>
>>17081422
It's important to not give it what it wants. If he wants negative emotions then chill. Also this
>>17081414
>>
>>17081429
Yeah, when I tried talking to it last night (in a joking manner like you) it replied with something about the price of bleeding flowers not having been paid, and that the "black serpent awaits me in the treetops by water". That's actually what inspired me to draw it in the first place, it's the first time it's come that close to me or been that vividly clear in my dreams. If I'm going to be honest, it was also the first time that I can recall being unsettled by it.
>>
>>17081453
Like, what it said is that the serpent or whatever is waiting for me, not it. Sorry if that was a little unclear.
>>
>>17081149
It may be shadow people. They are "visible" when we sleep, and for some reason they see us while we sleep.
>>
>>17081590
Try reading the rest of the thread next time. It'll save everyone a lot of repetition.
>>
>>17081263
how are your sleep habits?
>>
>>17081149
Gostei do conceito. Ausência de detralhes e definição, atrai o medo por aquilo que não conseguimos definir e reconhecer.
>>
Don't worry, he used to watch me sleep too.
>>
This figure is what Jung called the Shadow. He represents the darker side of your personality, that you prefer to repress.

He will keep appearing in your dreams until you acknowledge your more destructive/cruel/criminal instincts and accept them as part of yourself.
>>
>>17081149
Seems similar to sleep paralysis. Have any anxieties? Maybe even some you won't admit to yourself? Unresolved anxiety tends to manifest itself during REM cycles.
>>
File: sure.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sure.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
>>17081422
Have you tried throwing things at it?
>>
>>17081453
>the price of bleeding flowers not having been paid
>black serpent awaits me in the treetops by water
Poetry.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.