[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can cats protect from paranormal? I know they're hypersensitive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: Feral_cat_Virginia_crop.jpg (449 KB, 1436x1672) Image search: [Google]
Feral_cat_Virginia_crop.jpg
449 KB, 1436x1672
Can cats protect from paranormal? I know they're hypersensitive but I was wondering of their actual interaction capabilities. I've been doing some research and I think the way both eyes and whiskers perform make them optimal for ghost/spirit detection. Any thoughts or experience, even just eerie feelings cats have alleviated, doesn't have to be a physical attack or act.
>>
cats are catalysts
>>
>>17080585
Do I believe, personally, that they're in any way spiritually significant? No, but there are some pretty interesting lore surrounding them in places like Egypt which sorta sees them as a physical manifestation of the devil (I may be incorrect, feel free to correct me).

Could this association be based on the structure of their eyes and whiskers? Sure. Their eyes are pretty cool (mirrors n shit, how do they work???), but I don't know much about their whiskers cause I'm not some Caturday cat-worshiping faggot.
>>
I was having a night terror once, and my cat licked my hand until I woke up.

Ive had 4 cats in my life, and one of them was very very special.

They have the capacity for emotions, such as love.
>>
If what's out to get me are small invisible things in my shower or her reflection in the patio door then my cat's definitely protecting me from them
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 500x500
a close friend of mine has been targeted by dark influences in the past. that's downplaying it. things were actually really fucking scary. i simultaneously do and do not believe in the existence of demons and the like but for the sake of brevity, they were quite real for him. anyways he has two cats now and his life has improved in that sense, he has been quite safe when in their presence. they are sensitive creatures, in general, and i tend to feel safer with cats than while alone. i too used to experience a lot of paranormal phenomena on the less than enjoyable spectrum and having cats around seemed to alleviate the issue. the cats seem to be able to play with the psychic football of energy left by sad/stressed/insomniac humans, a bundle of energy previously utilized by less than desirable entities
>>
>>17080585
IT'S A FUCKING CAT.

FUCK YOU.
>>
>>17080611
>>17080647
I'm just trying to do research that affects me personally. Not sure all cats have these gifts.

>>17080645
>>17080657
I would believe it. The reason I've began doing this research is because my own cats made me feel at ease when we were encountering spirits for a time. I've watched a lot of paranormal survivor recordings that stated that the cats were very perceptive upon moving into the house that the balance was off. I think that if you were to remove the sensitivity of the whiskers and the superior vision it might not be the case.

I've done light research on canines and they did not produce the same results, they only detected stress in the human, not the spirits themselves. Like a copycat if you will.
>>
>>17080585
Bacteria in their feces can cause mental illness in humans from long-term exposure.
>>
>>17080773
Yeah I have heard of that, but it is more a parasite but nonetheless terrifying.
>>
>>17080585
The Egyptians thought that cats were spiritual and special creatures. The guarded the underworld and one of their gods was a cat.
>>
cats are shite.
>>
>>17080585
>I was doing some research and I think the way both eyes and ears perform make them optimal for ghost/spirit detection

No you didn't. But just for laughs, can you describe the ways in which cat physiology has led you to this thought?
>>
>>17080645
I've had one of my cats do this

I was having some kind of bad dream and I woke up to her pawing and meowing in my face
>>
>>17080657
>i simultaneously do and do not believe

So you are retarded.
>>
It actually makes a lot of sense. I've pursued supernatural things for years but I've always had tons of cats and I've never had anything happen at home
>>
>>17081539
I always believed this as well. My grandmother hated them, said they were evil, I believe the opposite.
>>
>>17080585
They know when we're going to die
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/miracle-cat-predicts-deaths-100-5365056
>>
>>17080780
It's called Toxoplasma gondii.
>>
>>17080585
if you have a good relationship with your cat then yes
>>
File: 1450065054450.jpg (262 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450065054450.jpg
262 KB, 1124x1024
I definitely believe that cats have a sense of some sort for the supernatural.

Generally, if I'm feeling spooked, the fact that my cat is calm will tell me that there is nothing to worry about.

Over the last few weeks, I've had some strange encounters, but the most terrifying aspect is that my cat has reacted to them as well.
>>
>>17080773
>>17080780

To be fair, you need to be pretty retarded to get the parasite. You need to consume the feces accidentally somehow - unless your cat shits all over the place, that won't be a problem.
>>
>>17082127
take a look at
>>17082108
that one cat is sitting directly on the pancakes with its ass, I guess that's one way to get infected
>>
File: eastern-gray-squirrel.jpg (4 MB, 3078x2186) Image search: [Google]
eastern-gray-squirrel.jpg
4 MB, 3078x2186
What about squirrels?
>>
i know that cats after they die the come to visit you and protect you i dont know if from spirits or real dangers like robbers or some other shit.}

Never had an experiece of that tough , my first cat is like 3 years old but i have read about that here and in other sites
>>
File: owow.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
owow.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>17080585

> I think the way both eyes and whiskers perform make them optimal for ghost/spirit detection
WAT
>>
Cats are selfish creatures, what makes you think they would protect you from anything?
>>
>>17080585
My dad died one Monday morning at 3:45 AM.
On Sunday night, at around 8-9 PM, I heard my cat yowling at the bathroom (the bathroom is right besides my dad's room). I know my cat's cry, and this one sounded very concerning so I went to check it out and she started hissing at nothing. I was like okay. So I took her into my room and gave her some treats and cuddles to calm her down, and she did calm down but she was still alert and sensitive to sounds. Then, my dad a few hours later.
I don't know what my cat saw but she is too scared to pass by the bathroom or his room, I have to carry her or walk with her across the hallway. My mom says it was probably a grim reaper or a form of spirit coming to take my dad.
My other cat, who was close to my dad, fell into a form of depression and only layed on top of his funeral papers we had on the table, she would lay next to his picture in the living room, on his bed, or on top of his car. She was a very fat kitty and she lost a lot of weight.
Cats have a different perception than us, and they can see otherworldly things that we cannot.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 640x480
>>17081143
maybe. it's hard to explain. for example
my friend is a devout christian and he was being accosted by demon-like presences. i personally don't subscribe to the same mythos of the universe, so from my perspective, demons don't figure into my own sphere of existence. they don't trouble me. but i can see with my own eyes how they can trouble others and i won't deny these happenings. i feel that all my problems are all self made, and when they become repeated habits, perhaps they do take on a life of their own that could be labelled demonic. so yes i think that demons, angels, ghosts etc are simultaneously real and unreal, even if it's a bit of a paradox. i would think most importantly that ones own beliefs have a great bearing on any outcome, so i try to not waste my time placing faith in particular supernatural beings. but like i said i won't deny the evidence of others' experiences, but neither will i adopt the same viewpoint simply because it was true for another
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.