[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
radiation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: radiation-sign.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
radiation-sign.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
Hi /x/.

I just stumbled upon this. What do you think? Could wifi radiation be actually dangerous? Is it all nothing but tinfoil faggotry? Could it be a secret plot to give us all cancer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICA19oKPi5I
>>
>>17080163
RF waves come from space, are transmitted all over your town for music, police, fire, and amateur comms, broadcast TV, transmit WIFI in your house, create bridges for bluetooth, and even make calls.

I've worked with high power military radios and I can tell you that you'll know there's too much RF radiation when you can literally feel yourself heating up. Naval ships cook birds all the time, and it's one of the dreaded duties for naval signal guys to sweep up the microwaved birds. In the Army I've had antennas burn me, an infantry guy burned his hand when he wanted to see if you could feel the radio waves coming from a crypto system. Still no cancer for me but albeit more research is needed.
>>
>>17080218
Maybe I should put it this way. Do you think wifi could give you cancer in longer time? No radiation gives you instant cancer as far as I know.
>>
>>17080218
I remember seeing a cap of a guy a cooked popcorn using the radar dish on the ship he was on. Scared the living shit out of the guy who was on duty at the time.
>>
>>17080218

This is interesting as hell, thanks.

I'm assuming even a huge city with many, many police/fire/music waves in use wouldn't have a noticeable effect on people? Even when funneled by the skyscrapers that envitably exist in huge metropolises?
>>
>>17080163
Nuclear Eng. here.
You do realise that μW is literally nothing?
Your autism level is >9000 tho.
>>
>>17080535
What were the weather conditions?
Sunny by any chance?
>>
>>17080563
Most RF waves won't be funneled by buildings.

Look if you're that concerned, buy some copper mesh and make a faraday cage around your house.
>>
File: 1440621647959.jpg (154 KB, 780x976) Image search: [Google]
1440621647959.jpg
154 KB, 780x976
>>17080535
>>17082161
>>
File: 42-157852101.jpg (358 KB, 900x589) Image search: [Google]
42-157852101.jpg
358 KB, 900x589
Radiation runs a wide spectrum of 'Literally unable to pass through your skin' to being so intense that a photograph could capture it along the bottom edge. All these people pictured are very much dead, unlike the average person with several devices connected to wifi at any given time.
>>
>>17080163
http://phys.org/news/2009-05-people-allergic-cell.html
>>
>>17082143
>doesn't study nuclear stuff
>zomg dem autisms
>>
File: 1380774690859.jpg (46 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1380774690859.jpg
46 KB, 500x364
Cancer is caused by ionizing radiation, RF and microwaves are not ionizing radiation and do not cause cancer. They will however warm you up a little bit if you get in their path. Do some reading before you post this scar hype shit and save you the embarrassment.
>>
>>17083170
I'm not really embarrassed. This stuff isn't that retarded if you compare it to many other threads here in /x/.
>>
>>17080163
They used to use fucking uranium in kitchen ware to give it an orange/red color. Tons of older shit you wouldn't believe sets off Geiger counters like crazy. We've got it easy today, they used to do some super dumb shit. Hell, they even had guys flying through the first mushroom clouds like it was nothing.
>>
>>17080163
There's very little chance that WiFi radiation is dangerous. Most of the danger of radiation comes from the risk that molecules will absorb it and be blasted apart, creating highly reactive fragments*. This is the danger of "ionizing" radiation, from high-energy ultraviolet on up.

But radio-frequency photons are simply too low-energy to do this. A photon from a 2.4 GHz wi-fi signal carries less than 3 millionths of the energy of a photon of ultraviolet light. There's just not enough energy to disrupt chemical bonds.

So bulk heating (such as in a microwave oven, which also uses 2.4 GHz radiation - in fact, Wi-Fi uses that band because it was already reserved for random civilian use, because microwave ovens were already using it) is basically the only way it could cause damage.

But the flux from wi-fi signals is far too low to do this, either - a typical router will emit 1000 times less power than a microwave, further diluted by being emitted in all directions rather than concentrated into a box - which also means that most of the energy that does coincide upon your body will simply pass right through without being absorbed.

You get both a much much higher radiation flux and much much higher photon energy simply by standing in the sunlight. If you don't fear incandescent lamps, you have far less reason to fear routers.

*I'm simplifying and trying to avoid technical terms.
>>
>>17085352
>I'm simplifying and trying to avoid technical terms.
Well I understood what is going on here despite I'm sort of dummy. Thank you.
>>
>>17083911
Radioactive toothpaste was a thing
>>
>>17080274
>>17080163
no this is tin foil faggotry the sun light is radiation just emitted by the sun and is visible the only kind of radiation that will effect you is if you take something like URANIUM 235 and consume it. then you have something inside your body emitting gamma radiation (which is completely different from your wifi and sun light) also just use common sense if this was true why would every single middle class person have cancer?
>>
>>17087714
They used to give out mercury for kids to play with like it was silly putty.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.