[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Misunderstood genius or talentless hack?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: crowley.jpg (2 MB, 1600x2232) Image search: [Google]
crowley.jpg
2 MB, 1600x2232
Misunderstood genius or talentless hack?
>>
>>17078914
why does he wear the NWO hat?
>>
hack? no
genius? far from it
>>
>>17078934
He didn't fly so good.
>>
>>17078914
>tfw no Crowley/David Tibet collab
>>
>>17078914
thelema is literally scientology's failed retarded cousin, so I'll go with the latter
>>
>>17080242
>cousin

lol, no. But seriously, Crowley was a major contributor to pretty much every occult school of thought and an accomplished man in his own right.

http://www.taroscopes.com/miscellanous-pages/aleistercrowley.html

is the best explanation of his philosophy and contributions to the field that I've seen. It's annoying that people misunderstand Thelema so severely. Thelema is not in favor of fucking anything that moves and it is not in favor of chastity, it is in favor of figuring out who the fuck you are on your own and not searching for a dick to suck to gain enlightenment.

The irony is of course Crowley has hordes of dicksuckers who worship his actions without understanding his philosophy and try to find enlightenment by following him, when he specifically said he did not want a flock.
>>
>>17080242

that stroke happened because you cast some bad spells, didn't it
>>
File: 1450043565102.jpg (2 MB, 1600x2232) Image search: [Google]
1450043565102.jpg
2 MB, 1600x2232
>>17078914
>>
>>17078914
Spy for the SIS who went to countries the British had interest in like Egypt and China.

Used his chicanery to influence a generation of kids into the occult which naturally finds out who is good at lying and manipulating large groups with their personality. This is a good way to discover and recruit potential spies / agents of influence.

Basically aleister crowley was a spy shill and recruiter for intelligence agencies.

It also got kids into "SEX MAGICK" which was just a way to use peoples sexuality against them and exploit their sexual behaviour to keep them loyal to a secret group. See eyes wide shut.
>>
>>17078914
>ilerminatty triangle inside jewish star
HOLY SHIT REDPILLED
>>
>>17078914
He accomplished more than the rest of us could hope for in a dozen lifetimes. Love him or loathe him, he was a pretty amazing guy.

If nothing else, he was a great writer with a superb command of the language. He also designed a kick-arse tarot deck.
>>
>>17081232
basically this, there's even a book about him being a spy, that be more accurate

nontheless

I'd say he was the worst roleplayer ever, but that's just my stupid/humble opinion
>>
File: Hellfire Candles crowley.png (1 MB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Hellfire Candles crowley.png
1 MB, 1200x900
>>17078914
No one who critizes Crowley on /x/ has read two books by him, cover to cover. Just uneducated twats who think acting retarded is trolling.
>>
>>17078914
aleister crowley - in my opinion at least - is like a modern day hermes ( as in the genius trickster silver tongued god of magick archetype ) he is a genius in his field, took to it like a fish to water, gave us promethean fire in the form of secrets of the hermetic of the golden dawn which influence magick to this day as essential material for anyone on the hermetic path.
along the way he has revealed great truths and made grand jokes and pranks on the occult and mundane world, and at times it is hard to tell one from the other.
ive found even this one of the things hes done to educate people on the subject of the occult in general, as an object lesson. he set the bar high for understanding his material by intentionally not writing for beginners while simultaneously keeping it fascinating enough in its presentation and enlightening enough in its insight to encourage you to study further to grasp it. his entire life made him a beacon of influence and cultural shift in the occult community from how he lived it.
>>17078934
all seeing eye, dude. its not just nwo. its the eye of horus or eye of ra or eye of god, on a pyramid ( i cant tell you of the occult meaning of the triangle besides that because of my membership in the ancient mysteries but the pyramind is a factor more for the nwo, illuminati and masons than crowley ) , above the third eye. it is astetment he has awakened and is in touch with his third eye.
>>
A little bit from column A and a little bit from column B.
>>
>>17078934
If I take it off will he die?
>>
>>17078914
Talentless catamite
>>
What are some essential crowley?
>>
>>17086150
Dying of alcohol and heroin withdrawals in the streets, covered in your own shit and shaking in the rain.
>>
>>17086150
Magick Without Tears is a fairly accessible introduction. It's a set of letters he wrote to one of his pupils on various occult topics, and is surprisingly comprehensive. Also, the Book of Thoth is a highly readable treatise on the tarot (and the Thoth deck itself is like a visual summary of Crowley's works.)

At some point you'll need to tackle the Book of the Law, which is the definitive work on the Thelema religion/philosophy. However it's completely inaccessible without the commentaries Crowley added later. Make sure you read an annotated version. A good one is "The Law is for All" - very rare in print, but available online.

Finally, Book 4 is Crowley's major work on magic(k), but it's only useful for practitioners. Personally, despite being an avid reader of Crowley, I still don't really believe in magick, so I just read it out of curiosity.

And if you finish all of the above, there's still a huge body of work remaining: poetry, fiction, periodicals, an autobiography, various manuals and instruction pamphlets, most of it freely available online. Like I said in an earlier post, Crowley was a great writer, and is a joy to read whatever the topic.
>>
>>17086141
STFU you lazy fucking troll.
>>
>>17080938
Edgy af
>>
>>17078914
Poop connoisseur.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.