[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Repostan cause I never got any clear answers the last thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1449218756996.jpg (256 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1449218756996.jpg
256 KB, 693x693
Repostan cause I never got any clear answers the last thread

I need some help with time travel. But it's not traditional time travel where I send my physical self back. I want to know if there's any way to send my current mind back in time and live my life from that moment with the knowledge I have now. Say I wanted to take my mind right now with all my current memories and stuff but send it back 9 years ago and live the rest of my life from that time. Is there any way I could do this? What would doing something like this require?
>>
File: read_a_book_nigger.jpg (54 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
read_a_book_nigger.jpg
54 KB, 566x480
Shut the fuck up and stop shit posting on /x/

You didn't get any answers last time because it's not fucking real.
>>
>>17070903
Bump for interest
>>
>>17070949
Bro, do you even yoga?
>>
>>17070903
Bump
>>
I wish I could do this
>>
Unfortunately, I have reason to believe that this form of time travel is subject to malignant influence.

I may be able to help, but I'll need to know your motives first.
>>
>>17070903
Nope bro. It's called you live with the miserable consequences of your actions and inactions, and those of other people regardless of whether you like them or not. No backing out now faggot. >>17071526
Also the tripcode level of roleplay going on right here is disgusting. So what, you travel time or at least claim to have some comprehension about it? And with this knowledge rather than bopping around time and having a ball you'd rather be present here and now on December 11
2015 hanging out online on 4chan talking with a pathetic /x/fag about how he can go back to presumably unfuck his life?

>rolleyes.jpg
>>
>>17070903
Literally most of the premise of Steins;Gate, just replace "send my mind back a few years" with "save my adorable childhood friend who keeps dying regardless of my attempts to prevent it. Also, save the world from being taken over by CERN."
>>
>>17072505
>you'd rather be present here and now on December 11
You could say the same about any other time. How do you know he isn't from 2045 after the internet died and therefore 2015 seems new and exciting?
>>
It is possible OP, just quite uncommon and typically frowned upon due to misconceptions about paradoxes.

Time is relative. This is proven. The closer you get to the speed of light, the slower time appears for you. To send your mind back, you need to get your brain going faster than the speed of light. The easiest way is to give it a boost when you yourself are already traveling quite fast. The most common method currently is shooting yourself in the head, either while traveling in a fast vehicle of some kind, or while falling from an extremely high place. Now you might say, 'won't that just kill me?' No, not if done correctly. Due to your current mind being in your past self(still very much alive) you will know it worked, and not need to do these actions again.
>>
>>17072505
>And with this knowledge rather than bopping around time and having a ball
No matter where you go in time, there's only ever one now.
>you'd rather be present here and now on December 11
It's a relatively important time period.
>hanging out online on 4chan
Is there another place online where time travel can be brought up and taken seriously? I'd be happy to expand my horizons.
>talking with a pathetic /x/fag about how he can go back to presumably unfuck his life?
Unlike /x/philes, most people find it unsettling to jump around in time without any idea what kind of timeline they'll create in doing so. 99% of the population have no interest in jumping through time unless they're jumping to a coordinated, documented era, where someone's on the ground watching and waiting to make sure it's safe.

Without the observers measuring safe coordinates we'd have have nowhere to go.
>>
What if I have discovered a way to time travel, that didn't require any tool. You can simply accomplish it with your own body, kind of like next stage of lucid dreaming and Astral projection. When you go to sleep and you expect to wake up on whichever date that you were there to experience
>>
>>17072680
Yep, all the vague and pseudoscientific answers one could hope to get and then some. Thanks for making it extra clear you're role playing as hard as you seemed to be.
>>
>>17073020
Nothing scientific there anon. Time travel as I understand it is more of a political social science than a physics or engineering question.
>>
>>17073297
>observers measuring safe coordinates
...pretty much pseudoscientific sounding bullshit that you'll never elaborate on when pressed
>relatively important time period, conveniently
And I'll bet you would have said the same the five years ago or ten years from now. With no basis, backing of explanation.

I mean the part where you'd still prefer to hang around and have this pointless conversation with me in chronological order rather than being balls deep in Marie Antoinette or whatever experience you'd rather be having just kind of points to that. And if you claim multiple observers recording these 'coordinates' then obviously there's be a whole culture of people for you to discuss this umm, concrete science of yours with rather than just tripfagging on /x/.
>>
>>17072909
That's exactly what I'm looking to do
>>
Knowing how to do this would help me a lot
>>
>>17074208
>this pointless conversation with me in chronological order rather than being balls deep in Marie Antoinette or whatever experience you'd rather be having
It is only as pointless as you make it. I'd explain in greater detail, but there may be factions that might some day suppose I've committed a forward action (>>16984004) in speaking with you. This is not to say I can't share my knowledge, but that normally someone who faces a message like yours would be unwilling to share such information. The debate is interaction vs. publication and it'll become a hot political issue in 30 years or so.

Secondarily, in the context of time travel, historical persons are only dead from the context of the future. When traveling back to that time period, the people alive at that time will have the same rights (<http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17017445/#17018706_1>) as an future individual already has.

If you'd like to know more about this and other temporal matters, please contribute to the construction of your nearest DTC office so they can help you. (See >>15796476 for details.)
>>17075035
Unfortunately the same can be said for any form of time travel.
>>
>>17075345
>as any future individual
Fixed.
>>
>>17075345
The other post got deleted
>>
OP here. I'd really like to do this so any help or information you have on the subject is appreciated
>>
>>17076863
I'd be happy to oblige if I could very your reason for wanting to go back wasn't one of the many, many bad/wrong reasons to want to go back in time.

Most people want a redo without understand what would actually happen in the event of a redo. Most people aren't ready to understand this stuff.
>>
>>17077306

What would actually happen in the event of a redo and why is it bad?
>>
>>17070903
>Is there any way I could do this?
I wish there was. I'd probably avoid or do a lot more with certain women than I did.
>>
>>17077344
That depends entirely on the situation. Sorry, but I can't help you unless you'll give context.
>>
>>17078374
So your talking bullshit, i higly doubt the butterfly effect would have the amount of impact most people believe it would have.

Anything in time decays so you actions wont reach much further then your current lifespan.
>>
>>17078392
>the butterfly effect
No no no not that. The Hollywood butterfly effect is easily disproven with the most trivial experiments.

For the most part, history is safe to "travel." This means you can go nearly anywhere you want and it won't make much of a difference, but with travel comes the possibility of delivery. Permanently displacing an object in time can often have very long lasting impacts on the time stream. Visitation and travel tend to be safe when an earnest effort is made to return to your original time period. When an object is permanently displaced with no intent to ever move it back where it belongs, you've more or less altered the mass of the universe. If it were one or two events, it wouldn't matter much at all. If we let seven billion people believe they are the one exception to rule of non-permanent displacement, we can be very nearly sure that we won't have to deal with the butterfly effect because that timeline will collapse before we have a chance to offer any kind of rational reform.

It's not you that I have to deal with. You're anon. If we factor in time travel, any of trillions of potential future time travelers could step back in time to see this thread. Most of them probably won't participate because they like following the laws that they help enact, but some very malicious parties wouldn't hesitate to step back in time to displace YOU in time and take over this thread, posing as you. If I were willing to respond to such an individual, I'd be placing you in the direct line of fire. For this reason, I need context. Not because I feel the need to squash any sort of butterflies, but only because I need to verify that you're part of a non-destructive portion of continuity.

Until you have a discrete, real-world situation for me to address, I can interact with you only in principle.
>>
>>17078596
Do you have an email I can contact you at?
>>
>>17078703 this is >>17078374 here.
Then tell me wat is time ? or atleast give me a decent description of it. if you can't do it your pulling alot of shit out of your ass.
>>
>>17078703
No, unfortunately. If I were willing to negotiate privately, it would allow every potential future to engage in a time race to acquire a synchronous alliance with me. Since races can lead to wars for the modern era, any allowance of a private chain of communication with me in regards to time travel affairs would be a forward action. I'd be happy to take up a public email inbox, but it would require proper archiving procedures. Can't have sensitive temporal information going blank on me while I'm in the middle of negotiations.

If you need your matter handled privately, you can post your own contact information, but it's not always rational to interact privately where time travel affairs are concerned.

>>17078739
Time is the fabric used to stitch together causality. There are multiple definitions depending on which context you're aiming for. In the context of time travel, time is best thought of as the organized use of man hours. We quite literally build our future by putting in the effort to get it built. If we hadn't been there to build Chicago, for example, there'd be no 19th century Chicago for us to visit.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.