[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wendigos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 500x665
Has anyone had any wendigo encounters?
>>
>>17067605
No
>>
>>17067605
Cree here. You don't encounter the Wendigo and live.
>>
>>17068093
What he said. 4 years of Native American Mythology at college.
>>
Wendingos have been hunter to extinction (hopefully)
>>
>>17067605
No one has. Wendigos don't real.
>>
>>17067605
i live in yuropoor, we only have trolls and asshole-fairies.
>>
>>
>>17068352
>Wendigos don't real
Thanks.
>>
>>17067605
Wendigos don't have physical bodies and they don't appear as a physical manifestation.

They are malevolent forest spirits.
>>
>>17067605
I have ill green text story
>>
>be 22 6 years ago
>walking though mountains and forest
> fresh snow on ground
> cold as shit out
> desolate area been hours since I've seen anyone.
> enjoying my hike when I hear this strange noise.
> go check it out from ridge
> surrounded by wendigos on all sides
> it's late in the evening
> they kill me
> say whatever and log out of WOW
>>
This is my first ever provable paranormal experience that i physically saw with my own eyes, not just some scary unverifiable noise, on top of that I examined all the possibilities and potential causes of this kind shit but there's no other explanation for this one other than something paranormal.
be me hanging out with two of my friends one night when I suggested we go to this place i hadn’t been to since my childhood.
As a kid i was never in this area at night, only during the day, and even then to my 5th grade mind it was sketchy.
So I suggested we check out this old decommissioned superfund site that is only used as dirt bike trails now.
only way to get to it is by walking down these train tracks right into the heart of the site, most of it is on one side of the tracks and theres a small bit on the other side. A few people have killed themselves on those very tracks as well.
At around 1am, we walked to the site from this nearby neighborhood that has an old trail leading to the train tracks.
After walking down the train tracks for a bit there's a spot Off to the side opposite from the superfund site with a big open area down a hill with a pond at the bottom that's all overgrown and sandy, We decide to walk around the pond and check it out.
I get down there and I instantly pick up the odor of feral animal which kind of spooked me because it could have meant we were in some wild animals territory, regardless we just kind of walked around this small pond really quietly while being on-edge because the woods are always spooky at night.
After like 10 minutes of doing fuck all, my friends want to smoke but i decided we should wait until after we get back which turned out to be a great decision.
After walking around the perimeter of the pond we went back to the tracks and started heading to the car.
>>
>>17068816
The smell from earlier was gone. But we smelled it again in a different spot further Down the tracks. Towards our exit we caught and even stronger whiff of the odor. It was like rusty decaying animal smell. It was like nothing i had ever smelled before.
after we climbed up the small hill to the tracks we instantly find the smell again, I noticed a large darker than normal patch off to the left of the tracks right next to the treeline.

Note: We don't walk with flashlights since it's easier to see the path once your eyes adjust to the darkness, i had no idea what this thing was.

My first thought was that it was a black bear because it looked like it had four legs and was kind of foraging around but not really moving. I caught a glimpse of two white beedy little eyes for a split second.
Im looking at this blob trying to make out a shape or see if it’s moving but its not, its just staying there, my adrenaline kicked in and i was ready to pick up some rocks and chuck them at the thing in case it started coming at us, but after a few minutes it still hadn’t moved. We mustered up enough courage to shine a phone flashlight at it but we were too far away for the light to reach it. After that we decided to get closer to shine some light on the situation. obviously it didn't work. Once we started moving towards it it also started moving away from us. at the exact same pace as us.
>>
>>17068825
Both of my friends could also see this thing so it wasn’t just my eyes playing tricks on me. As we were walking this thing was moving along about 100 meters in front of us separate from the background of trees.
This means it wasn't just an open patch in the trees making a slightly darker spot. All 3 of us could see it so it was definitely there, it was about 7 feet tall and 7 feet wide. When the thing started moving it sort of lifted of the ground a few feet and looked like a black ball floating. It didn’t make a sound and it didn’t joggle up and down like it was stepping. This thing was floating along the side of the train tracks.
However after a couple hundred meters of walking it just vanished into thin air as we got to our exit trail. All the evidence points to something definitely paranormal. thoughts?
>>
>>17068828
im not saying it was a wendigo specifically. but it was a foul entity with a poor ability to sense our presence for some reason. Wendigos are just the best description i can find, these creatures have been observed across many cultures and have taken on different names and traits, but they exist right under our noses, and have done so for a long time.
>>
File: Jack-Sparrow.jpg (398 KB, 2404x1600) Image search: [Google]
Jack-Sparrow.jpg
398 KB, 2404x1600
>>17068093
Who spread the wendigo stories then?
>>
File: 1395020860074.jpg (10 KB, 228x197) Image search: [Google]
1395020860074.jpg
10 KB, 228x197
>>17068423
>asshole-fairies
>>
>>17068839
Shitty story you wrote there. Also
>nighttime and no flashlights
>"we could see it 100 meters away guys!"
Unless you mothers an owl there is no way you could see that far at night faggot.
>>
>>17069786
Actually if it was a full moon or something I guess you could see that far. But story doesn't mention it.
>>
>>17069794
100 meters is just an estimate. i dont even use the metric system.
>>
>>17068853
V peyote-d up natives, senpai.
>>
I remember a horrible day me and a friend once were in the woods hunting for deer, then the tragic day came where we met up on this... "thing"

I have no idea how i survived, but the way that thing just devoured him fully, i just can't describe the horror. I was a little further away from them since i was looking for mushrooms to pick aswell (i used to love doing that as a kid, aswell as cook them), heard a yell of my friend as i watched that thing eat him. What happened to them remains unknown, he just disappeard in a blink one things for sure is that i will never forget that day.
>>
No, they're not real.
>>
Yes, while playing until dawn
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.