[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ghost cars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
What do you think of ghost cars?

I used to live in rural Maryland and would occasionally drive late and night on the back dirt roads when I couldn't sleep. What looked like a black F150 pulled out of a logging road and got right on my ass with the highbeams on. I pulled over to let him pass and when I came to the stop the headlights behind me were gone that quickly. I thought he stopped because I stopped and turned off his lights so I got out and nothing. I said hello and turned on my aux. rear light and it lit up the whole road about 300ft back and there was nothing and only my tire tracks in the soft wet dirt.

Drove straight home and never drive on that road again.

Any other experiences?
>>
>>17067399
Had an almost exact experience here in the Ozarks.

I had been having trouble sleeping recently, and started taking night drives to calm my nerves, sometimes ending up sleeping on the side of the road.

That night, in September, I drove down a road I loved that goes near a large tributary river, and has a small parking lot, as it used to be part of our national park here.

I started experiencing a little chill, but on my truck the outside temperature gauge had stayed at the same temperature. I didn't think much of it, and I was getting tired so I had a can of Vienna sausages with a couple crackers, and went to sleep.

When I woke up, it was dawn break, but where I had parked had treecover and was shaded. I felt even colder than I had last night, and looked at the temperature gauge, now reading a few degrees warmer than it had at night.

I brush my eyes, then I see the treecover is completely lit by what looked like old LED headlights that have been banned here for a while because they cause car accidents.

I look back through the cab and see this old black Pontiac Firebird, blue LED lights and immaculate looking, shiny as hell and brand new.

I just sit and look at it for a bit, then I go to get out of the car to greet whoever is in the Pontiac.

When I stepped out of the car, it was bonechillingly cold. Absolutely freezing. I turn to face the Pontiac, and it's completely gone. Vanished.

I get back into my truck immediately and get the fuck out of there. I had a headache all the rest of the day and felt ill, but it went away by that night.

Never been down that road or slept in my truck out here since.
>>
>>17067399

Gonna share this here, because I've had a really fucking weird experience. Never really thought about it as if it were a "Ghost Car" per se, but I guess that would fit the bill.

I was driving back to Chicago from Boston in 2014, doing the whole jaunt without stopping (except for gas, etc.), which isn't horrendous but its not a lot of fun either.

The weather got weird, perhaps someone else will remember this, but it was late April and it turned to Blizzard conditions out in PA.

The road was deserted, weirdly deserted. I mean sure, the snow and ice kept the bulk of the traffic off the road, but this was way too deserted for the the time of day.

It goes on like this for a long time, at least 10 minutes of no cars (and if you travel through here, you'll know that doesn't happen often at like 11am).

Suddenly this motorcycle, I don't know shit about motorcycles but it was a sport/crotch-rocket motorcycle comes blazing up the road in my rear view mirror. Sucker was doing 100+ mph easily.

I just chill in the right lane as he blazes by. But at the corner of my eye I think to myself "What the fuck" --- The dude had no fucking face. Like literally, his helmet was there, closed face but the visor was clear and there was no head in there.

So I think, naw. Brush it off. Besides he flew by me. Its WAY more likely I just didn't see his face than that there was none.

About 5 minutes down the road (still no other traffic) I see the fucking bike parked at the time of the road. There is also something in the road.

Get closer and the fucker's helmet was laying out in the middle of the road, right on the white dotted line between lanes.

No body in sight. I was a bit freaked, but I stopped thinking maybe he had slid or something.

I get out, the bike is still running. Look over at the helmet, its empty, nothing spooky.

Go to get back in my car and the bike fucking takes off. Now don't get me wrong, it immediately went into the ditch...
>>
>>17070461

(continued)

...there was no semblance of control. But the damn thing went from idling to full rev with no one in sight.

So at this point I was freaked out and ran back to my car. As I got into the car I noticed the freaking helmet was gone. The bike was still there in the ditch (idling once again) but the damn helmet was gone.

I noped the fuck out and flew like a bat out of hell for like the next 20 minutes before the snow ebbed away and traffic started trickling back in.

I realize this sounds like bullshit, and I have no way of convincing you otherwise, in fact I've yet to have anyone believe me. The most common reaction was that I was sleep deprived. Had this happened at 11pm and not 11am, I'd be done with that.

But holy shit, I still get goosebumps thinking about that. Something about the helmet vanishing is what gets me more than anything.

Also if anyone was curious, I later contacted the police, no one ever reported an abandoned bike, but I realize that doesn't mean much.
>>
File: russische magie.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
russische magie.webm
2 MB, 640x360
Lel.
>>
>>17070514

What the fuck??
>>
File: 1387475487916.jpg (53 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1387475487916.jpg
53 KB, 612x612
>>17070514
>>
>>17070514

https://youtu.be/fQALBUY7OH4?t=2m8s
>>
>>17070514
Look at the road under the car, you can see headlights of "ghost car" coming from opposite lane, it just happened to be perfectly obscured from that angle.
>>
>>17073844
Dubs of truth. Bud god damn that's a tight turn.
>>
>>17072339
Thank you, anon. That video was both informative and just entertaining enough to be watchable.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.