[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you guys ever been into voodoo? What do you think about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Have you guys ever been into voodoo? What do you think about it? Any experience?
>>
The skeleton key, was a pretty dope movie. I liked that one voodoo movie with pepe in it.
>>
>>17066465
Anything with memes in it INSTANTLY becomes shit.
>>
>>17066466
Holy words.
>>
People try to voodoo me XD
>>
>>17066462
Voodoo isn't really a thing. Vodou is a religion from West Africa, Haiti, and much of Spanish America. It's basically African religion with Christian/Catholic aspects, Taino beliefs, and some other shit for flavor. True "vodou" in the Haitian tradition is pretty much bound to Haiti since the initiation ritual can only be performed there. Kanzo outside of Haiti is pretty much not valid. Also, don't trust anyone who doesn't know a word of Kreyol.
>>
no, but i knew a guy who was cursed with a dollar bill in a bottle thingie. witchcraft more than voodoo, but it's basically the same thing. white wax was dripped onto the dollar while it was inside the bottle and sealed the curse inside then the bottle was hidden in the guy's home. it was a money curse so he had trouble making money, but he found it and burned it. the bottle broke in the fire and the curse is forever lifted.
>>
>>17066564

It's not the same thing, you're thinking of Hoodoo.
>>
>>17066462
a little bit but mainly just looked into the reasons that these particular "potions" and stuff worked. Did you know 90% of ingredients used in voodoo are considered "poisonous" and "hallucinogenic" in modern science?
>puffer fish
>psilocybin mushrooms
>other ingredients i forgot
This is just a few of the ingredients in a particular brew that is offered in Voodoo. IDK about voodoo dolls or curses just the actual stuff that i can make in my living room and kill my friends with.
>>
>>17066504
>try

oh to be naive and ignorant
>>
>>17066465
>The skeleton key
>>17066564
That was Hoodoo not Voudou

>>17066517
Correct, a lot of stuff that is passed off as "Voodoo" magic is usually people practising Hoodoo and just inserting Lwa or voodoo elements for "flavour".

Voodoo and hoodoo get conflated a lot. Hoodoo is an american magical system that has elements from African, European and Native American magic and herbalism. Outside of a few shared elements(that originate from Africa) they are nothing alike at all. See Cat Yronwode's lucky mojo site, while I think she is a grade A gowl, she is pretty legit. Also she was an advisor on the skeleton key which is a very good movie and what got me into Hoodoo int he first place. Another good movie with hoodoo in it(albeit inaccurately described as Voodoo) is Eve's Bayou
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.