[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
okay faggots did atlantis really exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11
File: 35kudua.jpg (11 KB, 437x319) Image search: [Google]
35kudua.jpg
11 KB, 437x319
okay faggots did atlantis really exist?
>>
I believe yes, but in a previous civilization before humans were the top of the food chain
>>
>>17065124
what kind of race inhabited atlantis?
>>
There was a History Channel or Discovery special recently that actually "discovered" what Atlantis was most-likely based upon -- some island I can't recall.

As for the technology: fantasy writing.
>>
>>17065133
I believe that human like species similar to us ruled the world with computers and technologies similar to ours before some worldly disaster happened like a pole change or something and disrupted them. I think signs of their existence still lie at the bottoms of the oceans or under Antarctica even. and quite possibly Adam and Eve were survivors of this race who bred with humans to create who we are now.
>>
It was just the Minoans.
>>
>>17065160
I thought it was Thera, now Santorini. Destroyed by a volcanic eruption and mostly sunk into a massive caldera.

Crete's inhabitants were known by its contemporaries.
>>
I like how Atlantis must have existed in the 4th deminsion. So when we fell from grace we weren't in that diminsion anymore so Atlantis slowly fell to wear and tear without anybody maintaining it.
Long story short at one time we where so atune to the sea we built a sea city. Sea levels eventually rose and it was abondoned.
>>
Atlantis=antarctica. Did you really think we were the first intelligent beings on this planet?
>>
>>17065243
are you poking fun? I'm not sure if you're actually serious
>>
>>17065122
yes yes it did.
>>
File: 101208151609_1_900x600.jpg (167 KB, 900x598) Image search: [Google]
101208151609_1_900x600.jpg
167 KB, 900x598
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/12/101208151609.htm

there was a civilization where the Persian Gulf was that's now submerged.

it was arable land, too.
>>
File: 1448283659811.jpg (18 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1448283659811.jpg
18 KB, 625x626
>>17065243
>>
>>17065159
>>17065247
wat.....
>>
Why are you asking us?
>>
>>17065243
I believe Atlantis is in the Atlantic.

Because I say so.

Also because there's a pyramid on the ocean floor.
>>
Yes. Either on the coast of Spain or the Minoan Crete.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42072469/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/lost-city-atlantis-believed-found-spain/
>>
Anyone else /Mu/ here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu_(lost_continent)

It's the most plausible lost continent and the theory explains a lot about Polynesians.
>>
>>17065243
>>17065247
I'm just saying, human beings have far too much ego to see the truth. We think we ate chosen by God(s)
>>
>>17065148
>There was a History Channel or Discovery special
All I need to know. Redpill me on all the absolutely undeniable facts that they presented.
>>
>>17065243
don't worry, I'm picking up what you're dropping. that place used to be normal land but after the flood and the iceage or whatever it is now all buried.
lake vostok
Ultima Thule
Mountains of Madness
etc
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 298x273) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 298x273
This image doesn't make any sense. No way that land formed naturally in concentric circles. But if they are man made why aren't they more even and regular
>>
File: sea level.jpg (224 KB, 1661x844) Image search: [Google]
sea level.jpg
224 KB, 1661x844
OP
Yes, atlantis was real.
But a lot of other places was also submerged when the last ice age ended 12k years ago. Humans has always had their largest cities and civilizations close to the sea and this was even more true before we had things like the raiload. Back then boat was the main mode of transport and 1000 miles over the sea was ''closer'' then 100 miles over land.

So you can just imagine the things that are hidden on the sea floor. Just imagine what is around the old indus river delta

TL;DR
Atlantis was real but its just one of many, many sunken cities.
>>
>>17066087
>This sample image doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>17066120
>that's what I said you double nigger
>>
File: Hubbard_Glacier_May_20.2000.jpg (125 KB, 590x647) Image search: [Google]
Hubbard_Glacier_May_20.2000.jpg
125 KB, 590x647
>>17066104
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/12/101201120605.htm

>Global sea level rose by a total of more than 120 metres as the vast ice sheets of the last Ice Age melted back. This melt-back lasted from about 19,000 to about 6,000 years ago, meaning that the average rate of sea-level rise was roughly 1 metre per century.

And it wasn't always a steady rise either. Large parts of the northern hemisphere probably saw a lot of massive floods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glacial_lake_outburst_flood
>A glacial lake outburst flood (GLOF) is a type of outburst flood that occurs when the dam containing a glacial lake fails. An event similar to a GLOF, where a body of water contained by a glacier melts or overflows the glacier, is called a Jökulhlaup.

>Immense prehistoric GLOFs, known as the Missoula Floods or Spokane Floods, occurred in North America's Columbia River watershed toward the end of the last ice age.

Just imagine what a cataclysm it must have been. Imagine being some stone age guy living in what is now the English channel.
>>
>>17065122
You folks ever heard of Ashley? Entire town, gone in a day. Barely a fucking trace of it. Nobody knows if it was a mass demolition, something paradimensional, aliens, Satan, government mass-misdeception conspiracy, whatever the case may be. It's not the only time either. There's been lots of, traditionally small, towns and settlements that just disappear like they never existed.

Whose to say that an entire city couldn't go the way of Ashley?
>>
>>17065562
In the most popular modern cases, we literally think we eat/drink god. Don't tell modern society that, tho... they're far too pro-christian/jew/whatever is cool at the time.
>>
>>17066221
>lots of small towns economically implode with very few PAID historians around to document
Weird.

Also fucking cite, you fucking fuck. Fuck you, Christ compel you as I learned in Sunday School.
>>
>>17066304
Don't forget ambrosia, soma and mana among countless other ancient dietary items ((teonanacatl))
>>
Yep, a lost civilisation was almost certainly submerged in a cataclysmic event approx 11,000/12,000 years ago. Plato talks about the fall of Atlantis and places it at exactly the same time.
>>
No "Atlantis" didn't exist in so much that it was a metaphor however there is much evidence that there were many ancient civilizations that were subsequently destroyed by mother nature flooding etc. An actual Atlantis never existed, just like Troy never existed.
>>
>>17066479
>An actual Atlantis never existed, just like Troy never existed.
Tell us more mr knowseverythinginhistory
>>
>>17065159
>or
Dude, if you're going to buy that mess about the aliens, why cling to the Adam and Eve myth? If you're going to assume and conclude such a large portion of history has been altered, why believe any aspect of ancient mythos? Why keep the names?
>>
>>17066087
Isn't this near Dubai? Where is this image from? Modern man builds regions like this on the coast pretty regularly now. Especially in regions with inland gulfs or bays that have regular tidal cycles. . . not alium
>>
File: mfw_I_wish_this_was_bait.jpg (80 KB, 1153x1022) Image search: [Google]
mfw_I_wish_this_was_bait.jpg
80 KB, 1153x1022
>>17066221
>>17066310
He's "citing" a fucking copypasta
>>
>>17066104
RAISE UP DOGGERLAND
RIGHTFUL ANGLO CLAY
>>
>>17065122
Yes, why do you think they want to keep Antarctica from thawing and melting. Under all the snow and ice is Atlantis. This is why we should all strive to cause more global climate change.
>>
>>17065122
Nah. Plato made it all up. In few thousand years some dipshits are going to argue that Hogwart was a real place.
>>
>>17066622
Or methane. Lots of methane. Enough to exterminate mankind many times over.

Such a shame that the ice is melting increedibly quickly and when they talk about it 'expanding' they're speaking almost exclusively about the width. Not depth. When depth of ice is the only thing that matters for shit.

Yes, children, you probably will die to mass methane in the near term. Sucks, huh?
>>
>>17066666
That's bullshit and you know it. There is not enough methane there to make any real diference.
>>
>>17066511
Cuz ur a faggot. Where's ur theory?
>>
>>17065122
Nope made up story by Plato, much like today's ufo and alien abduction stories. They are immensely interesting to listen to but in the end, these stories are nothing more than well, stories.

I believe the Atlantis thing was picked up from am Egyptian urban legend or folktale that wasn't exactly popular in Egypt but was apparently mentioned frequently.
>>
>>17066681
>several giggatons of methane, while ignoring the carbon which is secondary
>not enough to be game ending many times over

No, it's not bullshit. Ignoring for a moment the 6th great extinction has already kicked off, yes. The methane issue is game ending. And we're losing the ice that keeps it trapped. It's not pleasant, but there it is.
>>
>>17066702
You do know that methane is not toxic, right? It's a fart gas.
>>
>>17066666
nice quintuplets
>>
>>17066706
>farts are not toxic
Then why did my grandpa had a heart attack when grandma ripped a giant butt thundering fart last week
>>
File: 20140329_202846.jpg (79 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
20140329_202846.jpg
79 KB, 1024x1024
>>17066706
>>
>>17065501

kinda supports the agartha theory
>>
>>17066035
Certain Italian comic series is not a valid historical source
>>
No. Plato just wanted to spook some faggots
>>
>>17066706
>not knowing that methane is more than 25 times greater than CO2 over a 100-year period
>not knowing methane is over 100 times more potent a greenhouse gas than Co2 over a 20 year time horizon

It's not about toxicity (although we all have issues with aluminium, barium and strontium on a completely unrelated note), anon. It's about being on track for Venus syndrome at worse, or just mass loss of life (the majority of humans included) at best. The ecology cannot adapt quickly enough when methane is introduced in large amounts from the Arctic melting. Which s happening right now. Outstripping our food supplies' ability to adapt obviously translates into starvation, at a bear minimum. But we're speaking about the whole planet not being able to adapt quickly enough. Greenhouse effect kicks in. Mass extinction ensues.

The methane is a pretty big issue.
>>
>>17065460
well theres only one way to find out
werent pyramids basically big ass tombs, with tons of history and objects of significance inside them? why did no one ever try to enter the underwater pyramids?
>>
>>17065501
Nigger there is NOTHING plausible about Mu.

There is nothing historical, anthropological, or geological that indicates is was anything beyond mindless wank. The fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>17066736
I meant hp lovecrafts "At the mountains of madness", where an expidition goes to the antarctic and finds the ruins of an ancient alien civilization buried in the ice.

or if this is in reference to ultima thule I just meant the far mythical land to the north.
>>
File: Ortelius_1572_Ireland_Map.jpg (127 KB, 344x280) Image search: [Google]
Ortelius_1572_Ireland_Map.jpg
127 KB, 344x280
>>17066617
topkek

But there are old maps that are several hundred years old that actually shows land that is under water when the map was drawn. The theory goes that these maps where copied of older maps that no longer exist. Piri Reis map is also interesting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis_map
TL;DR
middle age people copying extremely old maps and therefore getting all kinds of funny islands that are no longer above sea level

Here is a video of two cocks discussing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvNEVvHgOOY
>>
>>17065122
I studied a lot about Atlantis and I can say for sure that it existed.
Not only that, but some Atlanteans survived and I believe they are the ones responsible for starting the Zionism
>>
>>17067339
>responsible for starting the Zionism
Cheeky fucking cunts.
>>
It was a greek colony in the black sea but was sunk by the deluge.
>>
>>17065122
>>17065122
DO YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A DICK
>>
>>17065122
No. It came from a story by Plato, to which the moral was "absolute power corrupts absolutely." Try researching on non-New Age sites, because that way there's less "Jews are from space and the world is ruled by emotionless Martian descendants" and "According to [pseudoscientist/supernatural being]..." drivel to pick through.
>>
>>17067339
Also, Jews are from another planet and dimension entirely (it's just been so long that even they don't remember), and the galaxy is actually shaped like a torus.
>>
>>17067535
>According to a man who showed up in my office and demanded I tell the Atlantians to return his bed slippers and to stop putting hair on his cat, Atlantis was on the Holo-Moon all along.
>>
Probably.
>>
>>17067609
I bet /pol/fags would fully agree with this.
>>
File: dog2.jpg (461 KB, 1514x878) Image search: [Google]
dog2.jpg
461 KB, 1514x878
Atlantis is based on tales of the very, very old Doggerland, which sank in the sea as the ice-age slowly passed.
>>
>>17068711

Yeah, that's also where the term "salty dog" comes from, like the pirates used to say.

The people of Doggerland were called "dogs" as a slur. Like kike, or spic. Then as we all know, Doggerland began to sink, and a lot of the people got caught in the salty ocean flood waters. And so people called them "salty dogs".
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 347x594) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 347x594
>>17065148
That would be Spartel Island, located just past the Pillars of Hercules.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartel
>>
>>17065159
Pole shifts wouldn't be that catastrophic dickface.
>>
>>17066602
>not priivy to shitty pasta that isn't even worth reading
>omgz u guise y u do dis
>>
>>17066702
>>17066748
>http://news.ucsc.edu/2012/08/antarctic-methane.html
It's not even confirmed, like... at all. Typical fucking story where scientist looks in microscope or something and says "huh, cool" and media runs it as "HOLY FUCKING CHRIST WE'RE ALL GON DIE NIGGA."

More people on /x/ need to subscribe to science journals, fuck.
>>
>>17069199
>reading science jurnals
They all are censored you dipshit. Shit there is mostly made up.
>>
>>17066692
>muh bible and ayy memes don't match
>fuck you fagget say that to my face...
>>
>>17069209
Kill yourself.
>>
>>17068908
Stop posting shit like this or people will believe you. Literally Sakura tier.
>>
>>17065122

Yes. No. Maybe..... could you repeat the question?
(epic guitar riff) Your not the boss of me now, your not the boss of me now, your not the boss of me now and your not so biiiiggggg.

Fuck i loved that show.
>>
>>17065122
In banjo tooie yes
>>
>>17066748
so if everyone in the world changed their diet to only taco bell, earth would turn into Venus?
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.