[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coast to Coast AM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: images.duckduckgo.jpg (66 KB, 636x439) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.jpg
66 KB, 636x439
Hey guys,

I recently got into the Art Bell in the Desert threads. Listen to it whenever I can stay up (east coast), but that's pretty often b/c I'm more productive at night... ANyways, I was just wondering why /x/ doesn't have threads for Noory's show. Is there beef with Noory due to Art Bell leaving the show/SirusXM drama? Is he regarded as a sellout b/c of Ancient Aliens? Generally curious, thanks in advance for any replies.

Also general paranormal/spooky radio thread...
>>
File: artkenny.jpg (44 KB, 602x471) Image search: [Google]
artkenny.jpg
44 KB, 602x471
>>17064730
>>
File: thetwoofthem.png (2 MB, 1538x1098) Image search: [Google]
thetwoofthem.png
2 MB, 1538x1098
>>
>I was just wondering why /x/ doesn't have threads for Noory's show.

Noory is dumber than dirt, & the show is now Commercial to Commercial AM -- damn, they have like six minutes of commercials, Noory comes on and says a few sentences and then well be back after this then another block of commercials.

To tell the truth I now listen to Ben Maller over night, nothing /x/ about it though. Sports and weirdly broken game show shtick. Pure escapism.
>>
File: bellisback.jpg (106 KB, 454x594) Image search: [Google]
bellisback.jpg
106 KB, 454x594
>>17064765
LOL
>>17064780
That's kinda what I figured. Thanks for the knowledge.
>>
>Not listening to Caravan to Midnight

John B. Wells is superior to everyone, Bell, Hoagie and especially Noorie.
>>
>>17064979
checked out the site, why do you find him superior, just out of curiosity.
>>
I can catch Art Bell occasionally and I agree that George Noory is waste of time...but I dig Clyde Lewis..
http://www.groundzeromedia.org/listen-to-ground-zero/
>>
>>17064780
Pretty much this.

You can find most recent shows on YouTube without commercials which is nice but the topics have gotten bland or outright retarded. For every David Paulides you have 4 bigfoot hunters or astrology faggots
>>
>>17065016

Delivery, interaction with the guests, contents of programs.
>>
>>17065050
Also George Noory gets really pompous sometimes. He had on a guest talking about dark children's stories...this guy illustrated a book on that topic....Noory got pissed at the guy for "laughing about child kidnapping" even though it was clearly nervous laughter from the guest. He then had open lines which are easily the worst thing on radio. People who call in that show range from nearly retarded to full blown Downes
>>
>>17065054
sweet thanks i'll check it out
>>
>>17065050
>David Paulides
Why does everyone suck this guys dick? Even whoever the host is that night will. His interviews aren't even that great, and his books are even less so.

I've listened to them all, but I'd much rather hear from their scientist consultants or w.e. they call em.

I mean using Paulides as the standard for good interviews is like using the Garbage Pail Kids movie as the standard for good movies.

>inb4 m-muh Paulides pls no
>>
>>17065062
Yeah the open lines is pretty shit-tier. They probably don't get enough to be able to screen as well as they should.

Also Noory does get pompous in strange times like that, while other times he totally placates the guest as if they're the next coming of Christ no matter what bum-fuck retarded dribble comes outta their mouth.
>>
File: noory.jpg (41 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
noory.jpg
41 KB, 500x485
Reminder; if don't know the Pizza Roll Story you don't know George Noory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1914eEHOZPw

WAY funny, and mindbogglingly stupid all at once.
>>
>>17065127
>i don't know why i'm still talking
me either George
>>
>>17064730
George Noory is just terrible.

He simply isn't Art.

It's like comparing Led Zeppelin and Nickelback.
>>
I just find noory to be boring really. I just don't like him. I can't place why
>>
>>17064730
Oh, one more thing.

There was an early art bell fan forum called "The Fantastic Forum", which was the original art bell fan forum site. They had the first art bell listening thread with a robust listening community and activity. I believe the forum started around late 90's.

So many Paranormal, and art bell fansites were created from past members, probably even "bellgab", though I am not sure about that.

Anyways, in the early days of George Noory taking over for Art, it was apparent no one liked him and constantly trashed Noory all the time on the website. George Noory himself, actually joined the forum to fight back against the people who were trashing him, and even threatened to sue them and shut the website down.

It didn't go to well for Noory.
>>
>>17065337
thanks for all the info m8. really appreciate it
>>
>>17064979
I really wanted to listen to his interview with Russ Dizdar but I can't find it anywhere on youtube, do you know any links or do I have to subscribe to caravan just to listen to one show?
>>
>>17065127
Holy mother of god.... Noory hosting in a mother fucking nutshell.
>>
>>17065127
>that little flapper thing in your throat
>yeah
>that swelled up
>>
>>17065127
Reminds me of a really hot, really dumb chick in HS who had burns all over her mouth for like 2 months from trying to sip directly out of a boiling pot of soup or something. Dumb.... fucking... just... I don't even. These people don't even say like "god damn that was fucking stupid," they just explain it like they're going through an ordeal that they were never in control over.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.