[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
worth reading? tell me your experience /x/bros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: TheSecretLogo.jpg (28 KB, 277x350) Image search: [Google]
TheSecretLogo.jpg
28 KB, 277x350
worth reading? tell me your experience /x/bros
>>
>>17064347
good ideas but twisted by the author so that she can get rich.

positive thinking can be good for you but it's not magic.

read the criticisms here before you start out reading, at the very least
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_%28book%29
>>
sure, pretty much the answer to the universe
>>
>write book about literally nothing
>call it "The Secret" and avoid revealing the contents
>make people buy it so they know "The Secret"
>it's shit people already know and could easily be summed up in one or two sentences
>happymerchant.jpg
>>
>>17064347
Literally a bunch of woowoo choochoo dumb shit. Worthless book. Literally about nothing. Only delusional retards like it, desu.
>>
File: jehova.png (26 KB, 1028x209) Image search: [Google]
jehova.png
26 KB, 1028x209
>>17064375

This. Ignore all naysayers and scoffers. The only people who criticize The Secret are the people who misunderstand it or are too edgy to want to associate with something marketed to housewives by Oprah.

The truth is that The Secret is not new-age hokum. It is the oldest, most profound mystery-school secret. It is the Path of Strength that links the sephiroth of Geburah and Chesed on the Tree of Life in Kabbalah. It is JEHOVA. It is the highest power a mortal can achieve on this plane of existence, the basic method that underlies all true magic rituals, the divine sex-act by which all things are made that were made.

The Secret isn't positive thinking or pasting pictures of your dream house on a vision board or just deciding what you want and having it magically come to you. The Secret is assuming the state of the wish fulfilled. It's the method Jesus taught his disciples when they asked him how he worked miracles: "For what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe ye have received them [past tense], and they shall surely be thine." (Mark 11:24) By placing yourself in the feeling state of already having achieved your wish, your conscious mind thus impregnates your subconscious with the seed of your desire, and if you do not subsequently contradict the command by relapsing into doubt and cause a miscarriage, your desire will be birthed into material existence.

Watch the movie if you like, but the best teacher of this method imo was Neville Goddard. Here's a good summary of his teachings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDLXjZ7AUU&index=34&list=PLxQDthgW68QUebGSjLJSW0bLs3T9B7R_5
>>
>>17064479
how does YHVH stand for "hand-window-nail-hand" if the letters don't follow that pattern?

wouldn't it be "hand window nail window?
>>
>>17064486

Here's a better explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l24dbt3kPhI
>>
>>17064347
Absolute hogwash.
>>
It gives you a mainstream idea of occult knowledge.
>>
It's complete bullshit.
>>
>>17064347

>tell me your experience /x/bros

saw this on reddit's loa sub a while back. really worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCYZxeWuO34
>>
File: images.png (868 B, 90x90) Image search: [Google]
images.png
868 B, 90x90
Isn't it basically chaos magick 101?
>>
>>17064479
so basically a bunch of woo
>>
>>17064479

>The truth is that The Secret is not new-age hokum.

Actually it is. It's just a rebranding of one of the Hermetic axioms, which doesn't promise you anything.

>It is the oldest, most profound mystery-school secret. It is the Path of Strength that links the sephiroth of Geburah and Chesed on the Tree of Life in Kabbalah. It is JEHOVA. It is the highest power a mortal can achieve on this plane of existence, the basic method that underlies all true magic rituals, the divine sex-act by which all things are made that were made.

Now this conjecture is taken straight out of Samael Weor's playbook, and you gotta treat his wiritng with utmost scrutiny, cause you can pick up some unhealthy ideas from his writing.
>>
>>17064800
No, not at all.
>>
>>17064997
Forgive my ignorance but I thought-
Chaos magick:
all magick only works because the magician believes it will work
The Secret:
Believing something will happen will make it happen

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>17065047
i don't know about chaos magic but i'm pretty sure that the secret says that you have to operate on the "wavelength" of something to attract those things. like if you're joyful, you will attract joyful things. and if you're angry you will attract things that make you angry.
>>
>>17065066
I've seen it years ago but I thought it was more about receiving specific things (ie a bike)
In any case, the 'wavelength' thing seems to agree pretty well with the chaos magick philosophy
>>
>>17064932
>Now this conjecture is taken straight out of Samael Weor's playbook

Maybe he said similar things, but that doesn't mean he invented them. I'm not a fan of his, regardless. I'm more paraphrasing Kabbalah as taught by Neville Goddard.
>>
>>17065136

>paraphrasing Kabbalah as taught by Neville Goddard.
>paraphrasing as taught by

Into the trash it goes then. Go straight to the source, or you're gonna pick up some really toxic shit along the way.

>Everything these adepts write in these popular books they sell for money must be true because i take everything at face value

Why don't you start with some legit academic authorities on Kaballah like Gershom Sholem or Aryeh Kaplan, that offer a comprehensive perspective on the work without offering magic lifehack spells that make personal trainers mad with these easy diet tips
>>
>>17065144

bit pretentious imo. if shooting down stuff you don't know anything about so you can feel like the wisest wizard in the room is your thing, go for it. The only axiom I need is "By their fruits you shall know them."
>>
>>17066785
good for you if you can wade through the bullshit

its much better to go to the source and translate it for yourself so you don't miss anything
>>
>>17064347
>just wish for the things you want and they'll happen

wish in one hand anon, shit in the other, see which fills faster
>>
>>17066785
he wasn't being pretentious at all. he was saying that to understand any concept you need to go first to the source material, or if that's impossible, to someone who has extensive specialized experience with the original texts. it's good advice and it's silly of you to dismiss it.
>>
>>17064479
>he only people who criticize The Secret are the people who misunderstand it or are too edgy to want to associate wi
No, you are edgy, m8.
>>
File: 1449843612524.jpg (69 KB, 750x724) Image search: [Google]
1449843612524.jpg
69 KB, 750x724
!
>>
>>17067387
what if i wish for shit?
>>
File: tumblr_m2wkp897rY1rprxkro1_500.gif (901 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2wkp897rY1rprxkro1_500.gif
901 KB, 500x285
Its edgy religious bullshit
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.