[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/drm/ -- Dream General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
ITT: Discuss anything about dreams...

°Post interesting dreams / recent dreams

°Discuss how to remember dreams better and how to make them more vivid, as well as things to do/take that help with this

°Discuss how to go lucid / astral(?) Stuff like WILD, MILD, FILD, SP(sleep paralyisis), etc.

°Discuss personal lucid / astral(?) experiences and theories

°Ask for interpretations of your dreams / interpret others' dreams

°Share some thoughts, questions or theories about dreams

Last thread: >>17038585
>>
can u tell me how to sleep paralisis, so i get the whole be in bed face up dont move ect. but do i keep my eyes open or closed? please helpi wana do this tonight
>>
File: astral-projection-and-ghosts.png (3 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
astral-projection-and-ghosts.png
3 MB, 1600x1200
>>17062966
Closed. Definitely closed.
You're going to need to be the right amount of tired...

If you're too tired you'll fall asleep partway though like you said.
If you're not tired enough, the phenomenon won't occur at all

Also, you're going to need to learn the distinction between LD and AP

It's called 'sleep paralysis' after all, not 'lying there paralyis'
>>
Anyone have any good dream ideas? I'm sleepy and about to fall asleep. Thanks in advance
>>
File: 1446417107073.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
1446417107073.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3300
>>17062945
>Memory of the dream starts in a dimly lit room, lights are hues of orange yellow and red
>I am in a crowd of people watching an 80's metal show
>Four guys are on stage, all have guitars. They look like your stereotypical aged rockers (Think what all the members of bands like Slayer, Sodom and such look like now.)
>One of them, the leader, is on a raised platform singing in to a mic and playing his guitar. His three companions are facing him, backs to the crowd and are looking up at him while playing their guitars.
>They are playing simple, unimpressive hard rock sounding stuff.
>As I am watching the show the lead guy from the band Anvil passes in front of me from somewhere else in the crowd.
>he looks at me and says "My shit was better than this." he looks slight resentful.
>I pat him on the back in a sympathetic way that says "I know bud, I know"
>He then walks off.
>Next thing I remember I am talking to or maybe being talked at by an aged man in a black robe I can only see his torso and arms. His hands are in front of him making kind of a pyramid shape with his fingers touching and fanned out.
>I have no memory of the words he said but i have a feeling he was preparing or initiating me for what happens next
>I am now in a cage suspended over a pit of magma. I have no fear or anxiety.
>I am dropped in to the magma. There is no pain and I do not die.
>In The magma the dead, wide-eyed bodies of the musicians from the stage. There are also instruments and musical equipment floating around as well. (Drums, Amps, Guitars etc.)
>the memory from here on comes in bits and pieces.
>there is a scene with a little girl made of paper collage who starts kaleidoscopeing ala an LSD trip.
>Then a scene in Victorian times.
>A man and his wife are in the entranceway of their house.
>The wife looks like a cartoon and has no head.
>>
File: 1412140984314.jpg (84 KB, 680x509) Image search: [Google]
1412140984314.jpg
84 KB, 680x509
>>17063046
(CONT.)
>She is wearing a black dress and there is smoke coming from her neck.
>She is also hovering
>Next thing I know I am facing a vibrating wall of colours with a deep booming voice that is only audible inside me.
>It tells me i have a "Digital Temple" inside my head.
>Wake up

I was in a "what the actual fuck" state for the next two days.

>seriously, I forgot
>>
File: mo_80.jpg (35 KB, 422x480) Image search: [Google]
mo_80.jpg
35 KB, 422x480
>>17063046
>>17063052

Besides the obvious pic related, I have a weirdly similar dream from last night to share

I was in a dilapidated old house somewhere on the west coast of the US, really run down and falling apart

I led people through this well hidden trapdoor to a much nicer basement space where there was a good underground kinda metal concert going on

After the show, I talked to a couple band members and they told me how the place had been hugely influential, having bands such as Earth and Shaman play there (early Grateful Dead and Black Sabbath, respectively) as well as being home to the early acid scene and the occult scene of the time

It was super rad, and I woke up wondering if it was a real place that was projected into dreamland or something similarly trippy...
>>
>>17062992
You're exploring an uncharted jungle moon with a few dozen fellow astronauts. There are strange animals and caves that hold mysterious secrets.
Let me know if you find out any!
>>
>>17063090
Oh whoops Earth is Sabbath and Shaman is Greatful Dead my bad
>>
Alright I'm probably going to bed in a bit
Hopefully there are some cool dreams to read by tomorrow....

After work (in ~20hours) I'll be around to answer questions, but I'm sure there are others who are knowledgable about dreams here...
>>
I'll try to be brief in the interest of easy reading, and I suppose what I'm looking for are answers to what my dreams mean.

>have frequent recurring dreams involving paradoxical pathways
>one involved me and two childhood friends (still friends to this day) running from someone
>iirc I was under the impression that if we were caught I'd be shot
>end up in a boiler room with only windows, no doors
>no light is coming through these windows, as if this boiler room were in the basement at the center of a large building
>these windows are the same windows in the "basement level" of one of the friends' house
>we open the window and climb through, suddenly we're outside on the block we grew up on with the sensation that we had gotten away from the danger in broad daylight
>woke up

another:

>walking down a busy street I used to drive down to go to community college at night following someone in a black hoodie
>knows I'm following it, we're both walking fast but not running
>buildings out of place with paradoxical architectures on both sides of the street, campus completely rearranged
>one of the buildings on the campus created an arch that covered the sidewalk for a good 50ft or so
>sidewalks here are right on the road, with no foliage/grass gap between the two
>arch manages to not impede traffic or block the roadway, is likewise paradoxical
>walk out the other end of the arched tunnel the misshapen building created
>in a completely different part of town as if I'd stepped through a portal
>hoodie figure gone

The best way I can describe the feelings of going through the window or arched walkway is like the "backdoors" from the second Matrix movie where they go through a door, close it, only to open it having it lead to a completely different place.

Possibly unrelated, I have frequent precognitive dreams too that I only really remember after the deja vu they cause hits me while I'm awake.

Anyone have any idea what this shit means?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.