[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
more for real creepy disappearances
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 28
Ruth Elizabeth was a sorority girl at Ohio Wesleyan college. She was busy and popular. It was the beginning of May of her graduation year and she was feeling the pressure of school and a social life. She was practicing for an upcoming singing competition and she didn't know how she was going to get everything done she wanted to do. She had been very tired but she'd recently received some mysterious phone calls that seemed to lift her spirits. On May 4th, 1937 she left her sorority house keys and the keys to her brand new red Dodge convertible behind and vanished. She was said to have been seen many times around Ohio without confirmation (the story was big at the time) but there was also a police report of a bloodcurdling scream that very night by the river.

Find some fresh creepy disappearances near you on CharleyProject or FindTheMissing or nam.us or anything you might know of and post them, especially if they're spooky. I'll try to summarize some of my personal favorites from the last thread and add some fresh ones myself.
>>
Thirteen-year-old Nicholas Barclay was playing basketball with his friends in San Antonio on June 13, 1994, when he called his mother to come pick him up. Nicholas’s mother was asleep at the time and his brother wouldn’t wake her, so Nicholas never did make it home that day. He would remain a missing person until October 1997 when his family received the shocking news that he had been found in a youth shelter in Linares, Spain. Apparently, Nicholas contacted law enforcement officials and told them he had been abducted, taken to Europe, and forced into a pedophile ring for three years before he managed to escape.Nicholas’s sister flew to Spain, identified him, and took him back to Texas. However, his appearance had changed an awful lot during his three-year absence and even though his family seemed to believe the young man was him, others were suspicious of his story. After the FBI launched an investigation and took fingerprints and DNA samples, they determined that “Nicholas” was actually a 23-year-old French con artist named Frederic Bourdin. While in the youth shelter, Bourdin had impersonated the shelter’s director in order to contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. After obtaining some information about Nicholas Barclay, Bourdin decided to assume his identity. He was eventually sentenced to six years in prison for passport fraud and perjury. Since being released and deported to Europe, Bourdin has continued to get into legal trouble by assuming the identities of missing children. The real Nicholas Barclay has never been found.
>>
File: elizabeth-pham[1].jpg (51 KB, 774x470) Image search: [Google]
elizabeth-pham[1].jpg
51 KB, 774x470
>Elizabeth Pham, a mother of 3 (one being a newborn) reportedly left her home on Saturday morning and was last seen later that day getting out of a taxi and then ordering a meal at a restaurant at Exit 59 off Interstate 5
>Pham was wearing only socks, purple pajama pants and a pink-and-red top when she was last seen according to witnesses. She may later have been spotted sitting under a bridge near the Cowlitz River
>Investigators believe Pham left her vehicle along I-5 Saturday morning, then walked to GeeCees Truck Stop at Exit 57, where she attempted to get a ride with a truck driver who was heading to Redding, Calif. An employee of GeeCees stopped her from getting into the truck cab and called a taxi for her
>Once the taxi arrived, Pham asked the taxi driver to take her to Olympia. The taxi driver first stopped at Pham’s vehicle so she could retrieve personal items from it. The taxi driver described her behavior as "unusual and confused."
>Three men called the Lewis county sheriff after spotting a body in the Cowlitz River
>The clothing on the body matched what 33-year-old Elizabeth Pham was last seen wearing when she disappeared
>>
File: 1449018697900[1].jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1449018697900[1].jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>Martin family goes on trip to Great Smoky Mountains National Park
>Get to a nice grassy area with grills, picnic tables
> By chance at the site they run into a family with kids and the same last name
>wtf
>The kids decide to play hide and go seek while the adults cook and chat
>Dad is watching Dennis
>Watches as Dennis runs to edge of trees and hides behind a bush
>Eventually the other kids are found or come out...
>Dennis never does...
>Dad panics checks behind the bush...Dennis is gone
> Dad runs two miles up a trail that was near the bush
> Still no Dennis
>Nowhere to be found...returns to picnic area and nobody has seen or heard from Dennis at all
>Meanwhile as this is happening at an area a few miles away.....
>Family stops at scenic overlook....views of valley...a mountain with a few trees on it
>Suddenly horrifying screams, they look up to the mountain with those trees
>Report seeing "something"..."large hairy animal" with a child slumped over it's shoulder...animal dashes back into treeline and out of view
>reports it to rangers
>Eventually...few days later
>FBI shows up,..green berets set up camp (no joke)
>says their story is bullshit
>try this officialstory instead
>FBI agent assigned to case later commits suicide
>>
>>17062054
>13 years old
>3 tattoos
>>
>>17062101
Wicked little critter
>>
>>17062101
Nice parenting. I watch the doc on this and honestly his family was white trash.
>>
Have you guys heard of Kenny Veach? He was an experienced hiker who lived in the Las Vegas area. He commented on a youtube video about alien/government conspiracies, that when he was hiking once he found an "M" shaped cave and went inside. The deeper he went in the more he felt "vibrations" and an overwhelming sense of fear so he booked it. He said he was gonna go back to find it and explore it since he'll have a gun with him this time. He went back and never found it. He did video tape some of his hike and put it on youtube. He went looking for it once more and that was it. He's been missing ever since. The only thing they could find was his cellphone.

I heard a theory where he was having really bad money problems so he "disappeared" himself to get rid of it. I guess its plausible theory, his family on facebook don't say too much about him at all.
>>
>>17062063
post-natal depression. she eventually killed herself by jumping into the river. sad.
>>
>>17062063
spooky to be honest pham
>>
File: Story[1].jpg (21 KB, 300x217) Image search: [Google]
Story[1].jpg
21 KB, 300x217
>>17062437
Yeah sounds kind of like a viral publicity stunt. Then again solo spelunking is a good way to end up going out screaming in the dark.
>>
>>17062063
When I first read of this in the other thread I thought she was Vietnamese.

Also from the other thread: there was a case of two Hispanic men who went missing and were never found, both were connected to a shady cop and all (admittedly circumstantial) evidence pointed to the cop disappearing them. Any links to that? I forgot all the real details.
>>
File: 1448747989194.gif (2 MB, 510x416) Image search: [Google]
1448747989194.gif
2 MB, 510x416
>>17063234
>>
>>17063756
Manny Pardo?
>>
>>17062079
I think he probably fell into a ravine or maybe was kidnapped possibly but I don't think the fbi agent killing himself had anything to do with it
>>
>>17064164
it's always fishy as fuck when a cop commits "suicide"
>>
>>17062054
Bourdin says he believes the family killed Nicholas or is covering up for someone who did and that's why they were so unassuming.
>>
File: arnold_dorothy4[1].jpg (14 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
arnold_dorothy4[1].jpg
14 KB, 160x160
Manhattan in 1910. What a time to be alive.

>Arnold was a member of a prominent millionaire family in New York City in 1910. Her father was an established perfume importer and her family had high social standing as a result. Arnold was a graduate of Bryn Mawr College in Pennsylvania and fluent in several languages, was attempting to gain notice as a writer. She resided with her family in a mansion on east 79th Street in the borough of Manhattan in 1910.

Check this livestyle
>Arnold departed from her home during the morning hours of December 12; she told her mother she was going shopping for a new evening gown. Arnold's mother offered to accompany her but Arnold said she wanted to go alone. She walked to 5th Avenue and turned south. A clerk at the Park and Tilford's candy store who sold Arnold some chocolates at 1:45 p.m. said she was in good spirits. Arnold bought a book at Brentano's, a bookstore on 27th and Fifth, and had a chance encounter with a friend in the store; they chatted for a few minutes before Arnold left the establishment. She said she was going for a walk in Central Park. She was supposed to meet her mother for lunch at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel that day but never kept the appointment. Arnold has never been heard from again. Her family believes she had approximately $25 or $30 in cash on her the day she vanished.

So yeah she didn't come home and her parents were like "whatever" but then supposedly the second night they got a little concerned but they didn't report it to the police for several months. Parents, of course, are above suspicion (even though her dad straight up said she was dead and in the reservoir)

She had a secret post office box. She was an aspiring authoress struggling to get published and she wanted it to be a secret from her family, among other things including that she was fucking some 45 year old and had asked to move out of her family's house but got shut down.
>>
File: arnold_dorothy_griscom[1].jpg (4 KB, 67x100) Image search: [Google]
arnold_dorothy_griscom[1].jpg
4 KB, 67x100
George Griscom Jr - The boyfriend.

He was out of the country at the time and presented ample evidence she loved him and grandiosely swore he would marry her as soon as she was found.

She was, of course, never found.
>>
File: dunbar_robert[1].jpg (19 KB, 77x161) Image search: [Google]
dunbar_robert[1].jpg
19 KB, 77x161
Little Robert Dunbar was only 4 years old when he vanished from a park in 1912. Cute little guy.

Based on pretty much nothing, his upper class family decided he had been kidnapped and created a huge media blitz.

Some poor low-class dude many states away just happened to be travelling with a young boy who matched Bobby's description and that was just too suspicious.

Despite the a woman testifying at the trial that she was the boy's biological mother, it was decided that the guy would go to prison and the boy would return to the Dunbars. He lived his whole life and died as Robert Dunbar.

Recent DNA testing positively confirms he was not Robert Dunbar.
>>
>>17064098
No, the cop was never charged with anything.

Also bump.
>>
>>17066329
>>17063756
I think I know what you are talking about but i forgot the cop's name. All I remember is he claimed to drop them off at a Circle K.
>>
File: kaz_ii-tm.jpg (59 KB, 400x261) Image search: [Google]
kaz_ii-tm.jpg
59 KB, 400x261
2007, the 12-metre catamaran, the Kaz II, was discovered unmanned off the coast of Queensland, northeast Australia in April. The yacht, which had left Airlie Beach on Sunday 15 April, was spotted about 80 nautical miles (150 km) off Townsville, near the outer Great Barrier Reef on the following Wednesday. When boarded on Friday, the engine was running, a laptop was running, the radio and GPS were working and a meal was set to eat, but the three-man crew were not on board. All the sails were up but one was badly shredded, while three life jackets and survival equipment, including an emergency beacon, were found on board. Investigators recovered a video recording that showed footage taken by the crew shortly before their disappearance. The footage showed nothing abnormal
>>
>>17064467
>So yeah she didn't come home and her parents were like "whatever" but then supposedly the second night they got a little concerned but they didn't report it to the police for several months. Parents, of course, are above suspicion (even though her dad straight up said she was dead and in the reservoir)
From the wiki page it doesn't seem like the parents did it themselves. While strange to us it makes sense that people in their position at that time period would want to keep away from scandal, especially if their daughter was (possibly) known to be kind of wild and reckless. And if his daughter were missing for weeks with absolutely no sign despite all searches it makes sense to assume she was dead and to guess where it happened.

However, I do think the theory that she got an abortion that went wrong and her parents covered it up seems to be the most legitimate. It would match their behavior, the guy that said he got rid of the body per order of her father, her own behavior patterns and why she was gone without any trace despite disappearing from busy New York.
>>
>>17062021
>more for real creepy disappearances
>people posting the exact same ones from the previous thread

great job, /x/. god you're shit.
>>
>>17066389
We got a few new ones, only so many disappeared people to go around you know.
>>
>>17064518

You left out every cool aspect of this story
>>
>>17066389
Post your own then Faggot
>>
File: 1405802697344.jpg (143 KB, 902x600) Image search: [Google]
1405802697344.jpg
143 KB, 902x600
>>17066389
There are only so many creepy reported disappearances that are easily accessible. Expecting this community to find something completely new is unlikely, and silly, no one is going to dedicate the significant amount of research and time necessary to find new, weird stories that are not commonly known for an anonymous image board. There is nothing to gain from doing so. This is the problem with such subjects, inevitably it will be a re-hashing of things said before.

It's why this board has difficulty hanging on to users for any considerable amount of time, after a few months you've seen it all.
>>
File: 18n4btlerzgesjpg[2].jpg (361 KB, 1452x1600) Image search: [Google]
18n4btlerzgesjpg[2].jpg
361 KB, 1452x1600
>>17067357
We were doing it in the last thread. People were combing CharleyProject for their own state and posting the ones that seemed interesting.

Plus new people disappear every day!
>>
File: molly bish.jpg (43 KB, 320x453) Image search: [Google]
molly bish.jpg
43 KB, 320x453
Posting from a previous thread
> Molly Bish
> In the summer of 2000, Bish worked as a lifeguard at Comins Pond in Warren.[1] The day before her disappearance, her mother Magi Bish claimed that she saw a man in a white sedan in the parking lot of the beach where her daughter's lifeguard post was positioned.[2] Although the man looked suspicious to Magi, she had forgotten about him until after Molly's disappearance. The last witness to see Molly before she went missing was her mother. Molly was wearing a blue bathing suit.

> An extensive search took place to find Molly Bish. It was the largest and most expensive search for a missing person ever held in Massachusetts.

> A hunter had seen a blue bathing suit in the woods on Whiskey Hill in Palmer, Massachusetts, in the late fall of 2002. In May 2003, he mentioned this to Tim McGuigan, who then made the possible connection to Molly Bish and contacted police. An intense search of the area soon located Molly's remains.

> As of October 2015, there have been no arrests in the case.
>>
>>17064164
The Green Berets part is HIGHLY unusual. I've read a lot about a lot of missing children cases in similar areas, and I don't recall their being deployed.
>>
>>17067682
Well, ok, if people want to do research that's cool.

I just don't want to. Sorry.
>>
Why you ppl see these missing ppl as mysterious. Here in Mexico thousends and thousends of ppl disaper each year. Many of them found later on a ditch or burned in oil or disolved in acid. You would love Mexican scare stories.
But right now, thx to the war against narcos, to which you buy all the weed and the coke you take, the violence has gone out of control. But sick ppl will always exist, and crimes also. This poor ppl probably were victims of crimes.
Or do you think in something more paranormal.
>>
>>17067682
>Plus new people disappear every day!
>!

I like your enthusiasm

>>17067357
This board is what you make it. Maybe you should post actual stuff instead of complaining that no one is posting stuff you like. Also, how do you know that /x/ is losing posters? Do you get some kind of ratings report from Asian Moot?
>>
>>17064186
>entire job is to look at murdered children all day
>real life =/= a movie, sometimes you don't solve the cases completely, if at all
>your ass is always on the line, if you fuck up the public will hate you and you could loose your job
>if you do it right, then its just you doing your job
ever wonder why the stereotype for a detective is a burnout with a alcohol addiction and a shit marriage? Me neither
>>
>>17067798
I had a professor who knew some of the cops on this case. He said it was fucked from the start
>>
>>17068173

Some cartels kidnap people and put them to work manufacturing drugs or some shit. The kind of job that requires safety measures like gas masks and suits? Well, the kidnapped fucks have to do it naked. Eventually they get sick or get injured in some accident so they're taken out. Then they kidnapp some more. Sex traffic is a thing, though. Brothels for cartels, or even for soldiers and police.

Nothing paranormal in mexico. Just fuckers turning profits from human lives.
>>
>>17068173
I don't suspect paranormal in most, but I think the fascination is exactly because it is not a commonplace thing in the US and Western Europe.Their killers more than likely are not acting out greed or representing an institution, but do it for no reason comprehensible to a healthy mind.
>>
>>17064207
If you've seen the documentary, it's hard to see how the family could have thought Bourdin was Nick. There was zero resemblance, he didn't speak good English, he didn't know anything about Nick or his life. They look suspicious as fuck.
>>
>>17064186
Why? Cops see a lot of fucked up shit. It's gotta mess with your head after a while.
>>
>>17068300
Cops, yeah. FBI agents see some fucked up shit as well, but most of these guys are vetted to be of a stronger mental fortitude than your average police officer.
>>
The Doe Network is also a good place to seek this kind of stuff...
>>
>>17068173

"Why do you see missing people as mysterious"

Because, unlike what you have described, this isn't a daily occurrence for us. We don't just shrug and say "all in a day, I suppose!" when someone goes missing because we don't have cartels and shit that we just have to get used to.

It's creepy for us because it's rare.
>>
File: Jim_Thompson_missing.jpg (11 KB, 194x305) Image search: [Google]
Jim_Thompson_missing.jpg
11 KB, 194x305
Any theories on what happened to Jim Thompson?
>helped save the Thai silk industry in the 50s and 60s
>disappears from Malaysia's Cameron Highlands while going for a walk
>bone fragments found in Cameron Highlands where he was last seen
>bones were not confirmed to be Jim's as they were not human bones
>biggest search effort in Malaysia
>still no sign of him
>in a 2015 analysis, there was a 30-40% chance of finding his "corpse"
>report concluded that it was easy to miss his body and that his remains are still at Cameron Highlands
>Jim Thompson's sister was brutally murdered and unsolved, but analysis confirmed there was no link to both cases

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Jim_Thompson
>>
>>17063756
>Also from the other thread: there was a case of two Hispanic men who went missing and were never found, both were connected to a shady cop and all (admittedly circumstantial) evidence pointed to the cop disappearing them. Any links to that? I forgot all the real details.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Terrance_Williams_and_Felipe_Santos
>>
>>17068883
I'm highly dubious of this so-called "analysis" can we get some more details on what was analyzed and how?
>>
>>17068173
>Why you ppl see these missing ppl as mysterious
Because we don't know what caused them. In Mexico any disappearance is just a cartel job, no explanation necessary and even if you wanted one, the police wouldn't bother investigating anyway.

In other places it becomes news when otherwise normal people disappear because we have no idea what caused it and who did it. Then to add the classic /x/ spin we can theorize that it was by pedo rings, aliens, demons or what have you.
>>
File: cheetahs.jpg (75 KB, 468x701) Image search: [Google]
cheetahs.jpg
75 KB, 468x701
>>17068914
Thank you!
>>
>>17068914
>>17068936
Upon further reading, the evidence was not circumstantial at all and I'm really surprised nobody has done anything about it. It's incredible what that cop got away with.
>>
File: jn49d[1].jpg (141 KB, 1364x862) Image search: [Google]
jn49d[1].jpg
141 KB, 1364x862
>>17068932
It's not always DIRECTLY related to the cartels

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolfo_Constanzo
>>
File: 1419915033526-1.gif (306 KB, 255x181) Image search: [Google]
1419915033526-1.gif
306 KB, 255x181
>>17068965
you should probably clean your bath tub, bro
>>
>>17068931
It's here: http://www.themosttraveled.com/new/new_land.html

Just click on the "The Disappearance of Jim Thompson, the 'Silk King of Thailand" PDF link.
>>
>>17068965
Yeah, I lived in a flat once that had a bathroom like this
>>
>>17068173
FUE EL ESTADO
U
E

E
L

E
S
T
A
D
O
>>
>>17069799
Chairos en 4chan... kek No te creas si fue el estado y los putos militares.
>>
>>17068932
>>17068777
>>17068279
I undestand what you saying, I am very interested in /x/ but I find surprising this, cuz i am Mexican. I rember a case, in Spain, is called by everyone... El Niño de Somosierra, if you wanna search i am sure is a lot of info about it. Not sure of how much in english. Any ways the stroy goes, that a truck driver takes his family to one of his trips to after delivering a cargo go to the beach. The familiy is the dad, the mom and a kid about 9 or 10 years old.
But when the truck is going down a mountain (somosierra is the name of a chain of mountains, like the rocky mountains in colorado) loses control of the truck and it turns and crashes. Both mother and father were killed in the accident, but the kid is unable to be fpund, either dead or alive. Some witness say the say a white car reach fast after the accident happend, and then leave. Some suspect they took the boy.
>>
>>17070055
The truck was louded with acid, some theorist say tha acid disolved the kids body, but no acid acts that fast even in a small kid body. So the "Niño de Somosierra" inicident is still a mystery, what happend to the kid, who took it, or where is he.
>>
>>17070055
>>17070055
I've heard of this and it was interesting, weren't there some theories that connected his job to something that could have gotten him in trouble? I suppose the general implication is that he delivered something important enough to warrant his being killed to get rid of witnesses or something. It doesn't explain the kid though which just adds another level to it.
>>
ayy
39.870432, -98.435427
>>
>>17068260
details?
>>
>>17070278
the professor I had was a MA cop, whos friend was a state trooper who was on scene. From what he said it was just a mess. Cops and civilians alike trampling all over the scene, damaging potential evidence, a lack of communication, some guys thought she was lost in the woods, others thought she went away with a friend, others knew it was a legit kidnapping
Its an example of a small quiet town where nothing like this has happened and everyone not knowing what to do properly. By the time bigger agencies like the state police got involved it was a mess
>>
>>17070375
This is something else i found surprising about the USA cops series, cuz i doubt this is real life cop. They spend 2 weeks trying to solve a murder... really here in mexico in 2 week the cop would have to solve like 20 murders, he spend 2 hours to each at must.
Maybe in a rural area i can belive where things are quiet, but in a city like NewYork, Detroit, i am sure cops are the bad guys too.
>>
>>17070404
So do US city cops. You think they get like 1 homicide a month and get to sit on it? They have case loads to deal with just like everyone
with smaller departments its more of a case of being in over their heads when something serious goes down, which is what happened with Bisch
>>
>>17062101
As long as you have a needle and a BiC, some pre-prison tats can be done.
>>
>>17062021
>She was busy and popular
what a weird way to spell "easy"
>>
File: 1407707383718.gif (27 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1407707383718.gif
27 KB, 350x350
>>17062021
>creepy disappearances thread
>posts a non-creepy generic missing person case

good fail
>>
>>17062079
this is from that missing 411 dumbass, right?

so there is probably nothing correct in his story.
>>
File: AbgaflrD[2].gif (5 KB, 274x274) Image search: [Google]
AbgaflrD[2].gif
5 KB, 274x274
>>17070404
It's easy to solve homicides when the perps don't need to worry about getting caught and/or the cops don't need to worry if they've got the right person.

Mexico is fucked.
>>
>>17070491
Hot damn I haven't seen this image in fucking years.
>>
>Be reading this thread
>Look at missing persons in Ky
>Wikipedia list of unidentified murder victims
>come across https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redhead_murders
>remember kinda crazy great grandpa talking about a trucker who used ride through his neighborhood and pick up redheads and kill them
>said he never got caught
>mfw I realize great grandpa wasn't being crazy
>>
>>17071024
Grandpas know some cool old shit.
>>
>>17071030
I'd say the man knows stuff that is better left unsaid. He was a pretty bad man back in the day.
>>
>>17070201
What are these coordinates to?
>>
File: leahroberts6.jpg (41 KB, 450x414) Image search: [Google]
leahroberts6.jpg
41 KB, 450x414
23-year-old Leah Roberts from Raleigh, North Carolina had been to through a lot.
>In 1996 her mother died,
>1997 Leah was in a nearly fatal car accident, but survived, gets metal rod next to her femur.
>Later the same year, dad dies.
>1999, two years later, Leah dropped out of college during last semester of senior year
>With no school and an inheritance to live on, Leah spends time playing guitar, takes up photography, hangs out in coffee shops, writes poetry
Artsy stuff nothing really that out of the ordinary imo.
>March 9th, 2000, Leah speaks with her sister Kara on the phone, nothing unusual.
>Later that day Leah and her roommate agreed to babysit for the someone the next day
>Roommate leaves to go work and comes back that night
>Leah and her Jeep Cherokee were gone
>She's comes and goes in unpredictable intervals so this doesn't really arouse any suspicion.
>Leah reported missing on the 12th.
>Roommate searches room
>Leah left a note, "I'm not suicidal. I'm the opposite. Remember Jack Kerouac."
>Large portion of clothes missing, Leah packed for a lengthy absence.
>Leaves her part of the rent for the next month
>Apparently there was also a drawing of a Chesire Cat's grin on the notes?

>So this Jack Kerouac is an author
>Wrote a story "The Dharma Burns" about free-spirit stuff and leaving materialism behind, etc.
>Leah loves this book and talked about it with friends and siblings
>Especially liked the part where the main character was at desolation peak.
>Leah left for the cross-country drive of 3,000 miles
>withdrew several thousand dollars and stayed a night at a motel room in Memphis
>Bank activity suggests she travelled west on interstate 40, then north on interstate 5 in California
>Activity completely ceases on March 13th in Brooks, Oregon
>Leah's car was found by hikers, they followed clothes laying around, some were tied to trees
>Jeep severely damaged in embankment

cont
>>
File: 14546494-1427600617-300x225.jpg (9 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
14546494-1427600617-300x225.jpg
9 KB, 300x225
>>17071101
>Investigators estimate it was going 40 mph when it went off the road
>No blood is found, and some clues suggest that no one was in the car when it crashed
>There were blankets and pillows hung in the windows like someone used it as shelter
>In the car was $2,500 in cash and her mother's engagement ring which Leah always wore.
>Search and investigation lead to some clues on her whereabout after bank activity stopped
>She went to a movie then most likely went the nearest sit-down restaurant.
>Police interview two male customers who supposedly remembered Leah
>Guys say they talked to her about Kerouac, but contradict each other's stories
>One guy says she left alone, other one says there was third guy “Barry” that Leah left with,
>No other witnesses recall “Barry”.
>Multiple searches through the years with police, dogs, volunteers, and metal detectors (metal rod in her leg) turned up absolutely nothing.
>In 2006 it was proven that a wire was cut which allowed Leahs car to accelerate without the gas pedal.
>Also male DNA and fingerprint were found
>The second guys (the only one who saw “Barry”) fingerprints did not match.
>Dude moved to Canada and there is no word on whether authorities received a sample of the DNA for testing
>>
>>17071111
>>17071101
nice post, anon
>>
>>17071111
I'm not sure what to think about this case myself.
I guess there a possibility that she elaborately staged this all to get away from the "materialistic" world, but then why would she really even say anything at all?
It looks like she was going to the place she implied she was going to. Some suggest that she may have hit her head and became very confused but then there would have been sightings. It's possible that guy 2 is responsible, but then why not take the loot? If there was foul play then it must have been a personal matter..not many would leave $2,000 in cash behind. Also no traces of her have been found anywhere. It's been 15 years and this case is still very mysterious, I'm curious to see what you guys think.
>>
>>17071139
perp just didn't know about the money
>>
File: pauline.png (451 KB, 440x836) Image search: [Google]
pauline.png
451 KB, 440x836
Pauline Picard

>Little Pauline Picard, aged two, disappeared from her family’s farm in Brittany, France in April 1922. An exhaustive search failed to find her, but several days later, police received news that a little girl who matched Pauline’s description was found wandering in the town of Cherbourg, about 320 kilometers (200 mi) away from the Picard farm. Pauline’s parents arrived to examine the girl and announced that she was indeed their missing Pauline.

>A few unusual facts stood out about the otherwise happy reunion. First, the girl did not seem to recognize her parents. Second, she did not respond to them when they spoke to her in their native Breton. Dismissing these peculiarities, Pauline’s parents took her back to the farm, where the neighbors quickly affirmed that she was Pauline, and the whole ordeal seemed to end on a happy note.

>About a month later, a neighboring farmer walking near the Picard farm stumbled upon something horrifying: the mutilated and decomposing body of a young girl next to her neatly folded clothes. He alerted the authorities, who arrived at the gruesome scene along with the town’s inhabitants, among them Pauline’s parents. Although the young girl’s face could not be identified, the Picards made an unsettling realization: the folded clothes were exactly what Pauline had been wearing on the day she disappeared.

>The area where the remains were found had been searched thoroughly when Pauline first disappeared, which suggested to detectives that someone had placed the body there fairly recently. The case became even more perplexing when the skull of an adult male was discovered next to Pauline’s body, adding a second potential victim to the case
>>
>>17064207
Who gives a fuck what some lying surrender monkey thinks? He should've been shot and left for dead, fucking French assholes are scum.

>>17068297
It does seem a little weird, maybe the family was just so stricken with grief they were willing to look past some things because they got their son back. Or maybe they knew something and this was a convenient cover up. The FBI must've been contacted by someone if they started investigating, so it's likely they had their doubts.
>>
>>17064164
Maybe, but you'd think they'd eventually find his clothing somewhere or just any clues in general. It's really like he just disappeared. There's a report that says it rained pretty heavily the first night of the search, maybe he was washed away downstream where he drowned or survived and died of exposure later.

There's a pretty good article:
http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/2014/05/22/dennis-martin-missing-45-years/9405607/

That everyone's probably already read. It goes through a lot of problems with the search that probably all lead to not finding the boy. One thing I read (don't remember if it was in the link, I think the 411 guy wrote about it), is that kids have a tendency to hide and stay hidden in searches like this. It makes sense if you think about it. The kid is lost, probably hungry and tired, knows his parents will probably be pissed he ran off, and now there's dozens of strangers everywhere calling his name. All of that can freak out a kid who's already freaked out about being lost, tired, and cold.
>>
File: kristin12n-3-web[1].jpg (107 KB, 970x723) Image search: [Google]
kristin12n-3-web[1].jpg
107 KB, 970x723
>>17068211
...every day
>>
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 768x1024
>>17070201
Seems like a great place to dispose of a body. Especially if you happen to be a trucker
>>
>>17072271

>car going with the engine still running.

Spooky as fuck.
>>
>>17071955
This really might be the simplest explanation. If he was just a serial killer his focus would be on her and getting rid of evidence, so I doubt he'd go digging through her car. He had no way of knowing she would have a bunch of money with her.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 492x724) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 492x724
>>17071053
Did you um ever think that ummm he might be the guy who did it?
>>
>>17066389
aww, then please share your stories. Or maybe, just maybe, you can stop bitching.
>>
>>17070497
>inb4 Paulides dick suckers come on and castrate anyone who denies his divinity
>>
>>17062079
>Michael C. Hall
Juss sayin.
>>
>>17062437
>I guess its plausible theory, his family on facebook don't say too much about him at all.
Because he's not dead and just a faggot trying to make his shit go viral. God, I hate this generation... so fucking useless.
>>
>>17072126
They were white trash. I've been around families like them long enough to know that they give no fucks. Losing a kid is like losing a sock. These people don't even bother to feed them, imagine when Jesse goes to fuck up the ATM couple in Breaking Bad. This meth head goes in to fuck these people up and ends up showing their kid more kindness than they ever did.
>>
>>17066378
>While strange to us it makes sense that people in their position at that time period would want to keep away from scandal
Nope. Clear evidence of Ancient Aliens.
>>
>>17064518
People who are interested in these cases should actually look this up. It's like the perfect sample study for a up and coming judge. It reads like the Changeling movie with Jolie plus a bunch of crazy shit, which, the Jolie movie already has a shit ton of /x/ related shit.

I'm pretty convinced that they could have found the actual kid (alive or dead) if they hadn't tried to pass this kid off.

Also it's pretty weird how nothing shows what the reaction of the kid is right at the time he was "given back" to the Dunbar's. If he wasn't really the kid either he REALLY hated his birth mom, or he protested and they hid it which is sketchy as fuck.

>>17066526
Seriously. That guy just about did "4chan: the post."
>>
>>17066343
Makes me think of Under a Graveyard Sky for some reason.
>>
>>17066389
I understand your frustration, but I don't understand why you didn't set even a half-decent example with your own post full of wonderful contribution....
>>
>>17068092
They were already training close by... it seems natural that they would try to deploy them in legitimate reasoning. I'm sure the guys at training were pumped when they were told they were actually doing something useful.

Green Berets aren't even that big of a deal. Watch a doc on Green Beret screening and you'll see a shit ton of weebs. Not trying to offend Army guys (honestly TYVM for your service) but green berets are sorta the lowest ring on the "special forces" bit. Looked into it when my pretty high up uncle tried to get me to go Army vs Navy.

>inb4 military branch fight
They all suck dick, I aced all my Navy tests and could have written my own ticket except they never took me because I smoked a joint in HS. Fuck bureaucracy.
>>
>>17071991
What the fuck did they do with the new kid?
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (43 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
43 KB, 600x449
>>17074142
serves you right, degenerate
>>
>>17072624
Especially when she'd been living in the car. You don't expect a homeless bitch to have $25,000 cash
>>
>>17074066
>my understanding of human emotions comes from cable tv stereotypes
>>
>>17074187
Who knows. The sources say that the Picard family did not know who the kid as the reporters say. No conclusion at all to this story which is bizarre.

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&d=MIC19220804.2.4
>>
File: dogmeat.jpg (37 KB, 247x250) Image search: [Google]
dogmeat.jpg
37 KB, 247x250
>>17074142
>take mind alternating substance
>waaah why am i not permitted to use anything that takes more responsibility than a shovel
they're going to revoke your driver license too btw
>>
File: gothdie_zps1825f8f9[1].png (295 KB, 439x334) Image search: [Google]
gothdie_zps1825f8f9[1].png
295 KB, 439x334
>>17075138
>never used mind altering substances
>still on /x/
>>
>>17075138
>aces all tests
>hurrdurr mind altering drugs
Read it here first, folks! Marijuana makes you a fucking genius.
>>
>>17074224
Stereotypes exist for a reason, ya cunt. Go spend half a day in southern AZ, Tucson's known as the meth capital.

Love how the dude who said he smoked a joint gets shitted all over, and people keep defending those crackpots. /x/ is vanilla as shit, I swear.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.