[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyome dabbled in Tantra or mystical Buddhism? No good resources
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: manjushri.jpg (30 KB, 300x345) Image search: [Google]
manjushri.jpg
30 KB, 300x345
Has anyome dabbled in Tantra or mystical Buddhism? No good resources on it online and these practices are too closely guarded.

> inb4 Tantric sex
Especially this
>>
File: FDZS.jpg (101 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
FDZS.jpg
101 KB, 500x500
I recite Usnisa Vijaya Dharani many times a day.
>at first I experienced a state of bliss after reciting it
>after about 1000 recitations I started to recall my long forgotten dreams, while recting - the kind of dreams you dont remember when you wake up or forget seconds after getting out of bed

Everytime I recite it I enter that state of bliss. It is not autosugesstion.
1. It is impossible to autosuggest yourself into that kind of thing.
2. First time it happened it shocked me, I didn't expected that.

This is Dharani:
http://www.meditationexpert.com/blog/uploads/Image/Usnisa%20Vijaya%20Dharani.jpg
This is Usnisa Vijaya Dharani Sutra
http://www.fodian.net/world/967.html
This is how you should recite it, you dont have to sing it, just recite it like that. I heared that you can spell it just the best way you can and it will be OK, but I experienced that things when I recited it that way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgoCnLGcS3k

This Dharani eradicates all evil paths and destroys evil karma.
>>
>>17061162
I'm here, OP. Tatra requires sensibility, the kind most people don't bother to cultivate.
I could point out a lot of books but they won't do you any good. It is such an unknown art because very few people can be self taught,
>>
File: 1449533930440.jpg (24 KB, 267x320) Image search: [Google]
1449533930440.jpg
24 KB, 267x320
>>17061200
This, if anyone is interested in ending the ''simulation'' like you say, then this is where you should put your faith. Not in drugs, not in aliens, not through intelectual enlightment.
>>
File: buddha.jpg (124 KB, 800x502) Image search: [Google]
buddha.jpg
124 KB, 800x502
>>
>>17061200

How is the short version compared to the long version?

Do you recommend it?
>>
>>17061200
HOLY SHIT

THIS IS THE SAME EXACT THING I SAW WHEN I WAS TRIPPING ON ACID!

It was purple and greenish tint and it was the same exact thing and it engulfed my vision for a few minutes! Thats so weird!
>>
>>17061200

>http://www.fodian.net/world/967.html

>that's exactly how you should recite it

Err, anon, that's a pretty inaccurate pronunciation of the Sanskrit words. You should look for a version where a native is chanting.
>>
>especially Tantric sex

there's a lot of stuff you'll have to do before you get to that part, OP.

>No good resources on it online

There are folders in Frater K's MEGA on Tantra and Shaivism.

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
>postin' what I retained from a book on the political and military history of Tibet

Keep in mind that I might have it wrong here and I'm sure someone else is more knowledgeable than me; I might be confusing it with another sect of Buddhism like Vajrasattva.

I got the impression that Vajrasattva/Tantric Buddhism was more of an ethnocentric practice than a Buddhist one; It's derived from when an Indian general fled some war in the distant past in India to seek refuge on top of the Tibetan plateau. There he and his men contacted a tribe who claimed to have descended from monkeys that lived in the caves, which practiced a shamanistic religion called Bhod (which is still popular in places, basically Tibetan version on Tengrism).

There was a huge ceremony which, in stead of driving out the old religion, actually incorporated many of the deities from the Shamans into the traditional Buddhist beliefs from India at the time. To demonstrate how closely they were combined, the Dalai Lama himself is believed to be a descendant of the child of the Godess of the Tibetan people (Chenrezig) and a monkey, from which the shamans descended.

Different sects of Buddhism have disagreements about how exactly nirvanah is reached; Some think it comes in an instant, others say it is developed, and serious conflicts have happened over this difference alone. The thing that differentiates Tantric Buddhism is the belief that there actually is one thing that isn't impermanent, which is basically heresy to a lot of Buddhists. It's called a Vajra, which iirc translates to 'Diamond thunder,' and was taken from the vertebrae of a particular deity to kill a wrathful deity. Tantric Buddhists essentially believe the Vajra is a refuge, and there's disagreement of whether it represents a series of ideas, or a description of an actual object. When I attended a mandala painting, the monk described to the class that the mandala was a mental representation of a real idea.
>>
>>17065442
Just a little more;

The mandala the group of monks was painting at the time was either to compassion or to the medicine Bodhisattva, which I believe are closely linked. He said it was a flat image of something that was more than 3 dimensions, but also represented in time, and was surrounded by several concentric domes that were actually made of Vajra, which is odd because Vajra have a bulky shape, but he was describing a flat dome, clear like diamond.

These people have the ability to think on a completely different plane, I think. Either that or they're expert bullshitters. And I have been lied to by a monk before, kek
>>
Padmasambhava (Guru Rinpoche) is generally regarded as the popularizer of Vajrayana.

Tantric Buddhism is considered to be an "advanced" form of practice when compared to the more general/fundamental precepts of dharmic living and meditation. The reason why its considered "advanced" is because it presupposes one has sufficiently purified or rid oneself of karmic attachments that distract the mind from unwavering (i.e. penetrating) concentration. That is to say, there is a relatively high degree of meditative concentration required before one can derive productive results from its practices. Anything less than that only serves to reinforce self-delusion and deepen the hole of karmic entanglement.

This is why its generally a nebulous subject when spoken of conceptually, and also why most who profess to "know" it are full of crap. Only those who genuinely experience it and practice it properly are qualified to speak on it. As for being able to tell who is genuine and who is not, the only way to know for sure is to witness firsthand the unwavering dharmic presence and activity of one who practices, particularly when they are faced with worldly difficulties and challenges that would easily break or corrupt simple pretenders. Their selfless nature knows no bounds.
>>
Buddhism tries to hard to downplay anything mystical and delves too much into void and emptiness to acknowledge tantra and energy work.

The only successful tantrics in the Buddhist system are from Tibet, but imo, their tradition is too closed off for outsiders to understand. It's not an easy tradition to get into.

If you want to understand tantra, you're better off looking into a hindu tantric tradtions instead. There are plenty to choose from and are open to people living outside the context of hindu culture.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.