[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is a skinwalker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 1004x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 1004x604
So I saw this posted on another board and I never browse /x. Someone wanna tell me what the fuck a skinwalker is?

Also post more shit like this
>>
>>17060535
It looks to be from native american myth.
Like a wizard/witch that can take the form of a animal.

Don't know.muxh
>>
File: image.png (437 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
437 KB, 640x1136
>>17060535
It steals your skin, and can mimick human/animal voices/sounds
>>
>>17060535
You want to know what a Skinwalker is, anon? I can tell you. Trust me, I can tell you things you don't want to hear.
>>
>>17060666
>666
I don't think I want to hear what you have to say
>>
>>17060666

Fuck this guy >>17061275

Tell us, satan-kun
>>
File: Lurker at the Threshold.jpg (168 KB, 551x545) Image search: [Google]
Lurker at the Threshold.jpg
168 KB, 551x545
A dank /x/ meme that's been beaten to fucking death. They appropriated the name from Navajo witch doctors.
>>
HOW DO I DESTROY SKINWALKER
>>
>>17060666
Goddamnit Mr. Satan, what is it now?
>>
>>17060535
Anyone got the one with the kids in the woods? Where the creature somehow sneaks inside their van and disguises itself as one of them.
There's a really good part of that story where someone is counting the people in the van and realizes there's one too many. Another part where the creature tries to imitate human speech. Very similar to the one in ops story.
>>
File: Camping.jpg (2 MB, 3560x2280) Image search: [Google]
Camping.jpg
2 MB, 3560x2280
>>17061475
Never mind I had it.
>>17060559
Please post a larger image that that.
>>
>>17060535
Some people say they acquire your form by actually consuming or removing your skin, but I'd say the growing amount of stories/lore favor them being some sort of very old forest demon/spirit/cryptid that can shapeshift at will based on observation alone(it mimics someone who isn't dead or missing in a lot of stories). "Fleshgait" is the version a lot of 4chan users use instead of "skinwalker", and it's a more spooped up version with whitish-grey skin black eyes and the body build of the wendigos from Until Dawn. This version also follows the "they kill you to take your place and lure more victims" pattern rather than trickster/mimic behavior.

Goatmen are the creepier version in my personal opinion because they are suggested as a spiritual monster that imitates people more out of cruel animal-like curiosity than out of a desire to kill. These guys are the monsters that show up slackjawed then gutterally bleat badly cadenced human language at you, pretending to be your friend or some human stranger. If you're really lucky you can catch a peak at their true form, which is apparently a blank-faced huge white goat head with red eyes on a satyr body. Oddly specific monster story, and actually a very old piece of American folklore. I heard stories as a young child in early 90s. Many older cultures around the world have myths about shapeshifting animal-head demons in the woods tricking people too.
>>
>>17060666
ENLIGHTEN US
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.