[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aokigahara Forest expedition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
Hey there.
I wanted to post this here because I've been a long time lurker but never really given anything back to the board.
I live in Tokyo and since I have a small winter break coming I'll go on a short expedition to Aokihagara forest (also know as the suicide forest of Japan). We haven't yet decided the exact date but it'll be near the end of the month.
A little background for the few of you who might've not read about it before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FDSdg09df8

Anyway, I wanted to know if you guys had any specific suggestions of stuff to do/something you want us to look for in particular (aside from bodies i guess). I've also heard there are people who put weird cursed straw dolls there and stuff, we will take a bunch of pics of anything interesting and report back.

I also think that a place like that might have an interesting feel to it since there's been so many suicides and stuff, we'll film a bit too so you can see it better.

Plus: If you know from any other interesting place near the Tokyo area you can suggest it, we're looking for other similar haunted/weird places to visit if we have more time.

Thanks!
>>
>>17059403
Sounds like fun OP. I've seen that Vice documentary, and it looks pretty spoopy. I would be very interested to see any pics/video you take.
>>
>>17059403

too good english. OP confirmed not japanese
>>
>>17059403
If you'll find a doll, walk in the direction the doll is facing! Maybe you'll find other stuff there.
>>
OP here
Yeah I'm not Japanese, I'm Peruvian, I moved here a few months ago to study and stuff. I think my English skills aren't that good desu
I tend to mess up a lot when speaking irl
>>
>>17059569
That's a good idea, might try it if we get to find some!
>>
>>17059602
fuck why did it autocorrect to "desu", i meant *though
>>
>>17059606
That seems to be happening to a lot of people.

The desu thing, that is.

spoogy.jbeg
>>
>>17059624
Oh, just googled it, I might've written the abbreviation of "to be honest" (writing it like that or it'll correct it otherwise) which corrects to "desu" automatically because of word filters or something like that
>>
>>17059633
tºbºh fºaºm
desu senpai
>>
Remember to protect yourself
Get whatever works for you the best
A particular prayer, a amulets, closing your aura , salt or protection circle.

Yo en lo personal te recomendaria que te encarges a San Miguel Arcangel y como vas a un sitio budista prende unas varitas de incienso a Bodhisattva Ksitigarbha ,solo para evitar caer en la maldicion que ese bosque tiene.
>>
>>17059403
Lived in tokyo for 2 years never made there but did climb fuji, I've had a friend who's gf would not let him near the first due to spirits clinging on to you after you leave or some crap like that. Just don't get lost if you stray from the path.
>>
>>17059691
Yeah llevaré un amuleto que siempre llevo conmigo de un templo que visité cuando recién llegué por si acaso. Y no me preocupo mucho, no tengo tendencias suicidas y voy con una amiga que conozco por mucho tiempo así que estaremos para protegernos en caso de cualquier cosa.
Buena idea lo del incienso, lo intentaré.
>>
>>17059707
We'll take the main path and move around, but we won't have more than a few hours to get back so I doubt we can get too far. We'll put markers and thread so we don't get lost if we move around a bit.
I never head the spirit thing before though, sounds scary as hell.
>>
File: 2434624577.png (333 KB, 377x530) Image search: [Google]
2434624577.png
333 KB, 377x530
>>17059403
I am going to be in tokyo late this month and would like to join you on your trip! Let's bring alcohol and a lot of warm clothes.
>>
>>17059739
eah she stated if he went that she would break up with him. Apparently there's a lot more to the forest than just the suicides but I never got to go much to my regret. Should be fine, the problem most people encounter is they get so drugged up and get lost in the fucking forest and can never find the main path so they end up dead. There's also some caves you can check out if I remember correctly.
>>
>>17059739
Please bring some salt or protection with you. I did an investigation there in 2012 and barely made it out. There is a lot of spirit activity and they purposely try to get you lost so you will die or kill yourself. Surround/sprinkle yourself in salt so it doesn't follow you. We used string/makers to not get lost but we had a confrontation when leaving.
>>
>>17059403

Bring lots of cameras. Document everything, if you can. As someone mentioned before, bring some protection if you can (spiritual or otherwise), it will bring you peace of mind if nothing else. Always let someone know where you will be and what time you will be back by/check in, in case the worst does happen. Maybe look up a priest who can do some kind of cleansing ritual after you're done.

Other than that, be respectful, unless you're trying to make something happen in which case yell and scream and kick everything you can.
>>
>>17060189
Tell me more. What activity? How did it manifest? Confronted how?
>>
Even though I find this place morbidly fascinating, I can't help but find it utterly depressing.

I was also going to say that the more people become aware of it, the more compelled they might be to kill themselves here, but then, it's been a popular suicide spot for years now, there's no keeping it secret. But maybe if we get more paranormal nerds exploring the place, they just might have a chance at stopping some of the would-be An Heroes.

Good luck either way, OP, look forward to seeing what you come up with.
>>
File: Shimenawa01.jpg (174 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Shimenawa01.jpg
174 KB, 500x750
Treat the site with respect above all; especially if you wish to avoid attachments by malevolent spirits; deceased or otherwise. Though the forest can be depressing, I like to think of it as a place of purification, a place where suffering ends. If nothing else it's a beautiful place to die among the trees.
>>
>>17060189
I was a scout and my dad too so I was taught some skills for marking territory when going out, I'll be extra careful though and take salt too, thanks for the tip!
What kind of confrontation did you have??
>>
>>17060216
I don't know about the priest part but I'll let a friend who lives near me know where I'll be going just in case.
As mentioned before I will take my precautions, I don't think I'll mess stuff up on purpose (but I will definitely take pics of any interesting stuff I get to see)
>>
Wil you make a new thread once you're back home?
>>
Go there when the sun goes down to really see some spooks
>>
>>17059403
Curious to know what the situation is on reporting bodies you see there. I mean since it's such a hotspot for suicide and suicide rates are so high in Japan, I figure if I as a tourist tried to check this place out I'd come across something. Would I be obligated to call cops or some sort of forest ranger about it?
>>
>>17063061
They pick up the bodies from time to time from what I've heard, I don't think reporting any ones I find will be of much help since I wouldn't be able to tell an exact location other than "that one cave near that one path over that one tree". I also haven't heard of anyone saying it's necessary to report them either so unless we find something specially disturbing that could be a crime of some kind I don't think we will.
>>
>>17063102
Buena suerte, Anon-san.
>>
>>17063035
I'll make the thread early that morning right before leaving. Maybe try to post stuff if my data connection is good enough over there, and if not I'll just post it later when I get home.
>>
>>17063120
Thanks!
>>
Hey there op, innawoods fag here, take care to keep an itinerary, don't get stuck in the death forest after dark unless you REALLY wanna. Also, do be prepaired to get lost off trail. And, depending on the local spoops, on trail.
An important rule to remember, take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints.
Just not on some poor corpse. Be mindful of your steps at all times.
>>
>>17063121
Ok great. Good luck man
>>
Bump for OP
>>
>>17059403

How's come I never hear about ghosts in this forest. Out of all the stupid threads about things that are barely considerate this would be interesting.
>>
bamp
>>
>>17059403

Nothing too specific as a request just bring a camera and film some youtube videos for us! If you find any abandoned vehicles, tents or creepy objects take a peek at them.

Maybe try to get some EVPs. I'm not sure I've ever heard of an EVP from that place before but you'd think there'd be some.
>>
Sorry for spanish posting.

Te diría que lleves un GPS y no solo en tu celular, fijate si puedes rentar alguno, o comprar uno barato por amazon, eso te servirá y podría salvarte la vida en caso de que te pierdas, de última lleva mapas topográficos de área si es que consigues, y de ser así, vendría bien aprender a leerlos, marcar referencias en el y demases.

Como dijo el otro anon, rezar te vendría bien, ya sea a un ente perteneciente al catolicismo y también a uno circundante, averigua si hay algún espíritu o simil en el área que provea protección, también busca sobre artefactos japoneses que brinden buena suerte/protección/espanten a los malos espíritus y llevalos contigo.

Por cierto, cómo es que fuiste a parar allá?
A mi me encantaría ir en unos años, ya sea para estudiar el idioma o trabajar.

Suerte!
>>
Here is the Vice Documentary for those interested

http://www.vice.com/video/aokigahara-suicide-forest-v3
>>
make sure you steal a skull or two to sell on japanese ebay. just kidding.
>>
>>17065245
Fun fact they do annual scavenging of the forest to see if there are any dead bodies and shit. Hard Gay has a video that you can probably find where he goes around and acts gay and finds some nice shit.

>>17059403
A couple years ago my friends and I did the same shit. It was pretty fun nothing spooky happened on the times I went. My other friends said they heard whistling that probably lasted a couple minutes. The forest gets really quiet though. Be prepared for big spiders and random holes in between the roots so, make sure you're covered. For maximum "spooks" get as far away from the little tourist attractions around the area. There's some gay ice cave and bat cave. Also its really easy to get lost bring string. One of our guys got lost for a couple hours until he finally found his way back to us. We're great friends so we didn't look for him. Sadly I just left Japan and probably won't be going back for a long time.

I don't come to /x/ often but I'll check this thread occasionally if anyone has any questions about the forest.
>>
>>17060216
No need to freak out about the spiritual, if there's anything significantly different about that area it's got something to do with magnetism or something naturally occurring. I'd bet that just about all the people who go there to die did just that, and decided elsewhere.

I would still do the check in bit though, just because I'm going into a strange wild area known for weird shit.
>>
>>17061849
>they just might have a chance at stopping some of the would-be An Heroes.
They already have a fuckton of signs basically saying emo shit like "don't do it you have sooo much to live for" as you enter the forest.

Local authorities have resigned to just do an annual sweep for the dead.
>>
>>17059624
baka desu senpai kek.
>>
>>17066010
I know that. But running into another human being while you're getting ready to hang yourself might just change your mind.

...Or they might notice a bunch of weebs from 4chan keep invading their forest and decide to commit Sudoku rather than be subjected to that any further. Hmm.
>>
I opened an Aikagara Forest Thread a few week ago and it sunked as the heterosexuality of Justin Beiber and this thread is looming... i hate 4 chan, and myself.
>>
>>17065589
>Hard Gay
Not even gonna google that bro.
>>
>>17065184

No creo que consiga un GPS ya que no creo que nos alcance el tiempo para adentrarnos mucho en el bosque y como no salgo mucho de la ciudad no creo que valga la pena. Por suerte se leer mapas y intentaré conseguir uno de la zona por si acaso.

No soy católico pero si creo en ciertas cosas espirituales. Llevaré como mencioné antes un amuleto de protección que compré en un templo cuando llegué al país. Intentaré investigar si hay algun dios o entidad de la zona a ver si encuentro algo. Gracias por la idea!

Vine a Japón a una escuela de japonés para aprender el idioma, es fácil aplicar por tu cuenta o si prefieres como yo lo hice a través de gogonihon (googléalos), son un servicio que me ayudó a contactar a la escuela que quería y arreglar todo lo que eran los papeles de la visa, etc.
>>
>>17068995
Toplel
>>
File: Razor_Ramon_Hard_Gay.jpg (124 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
Razor_Ramon_Hard_Gay.jpg
124 KB, 853x1280
>>17068995
You pussy. HG is the best.
>>
>>17059403
Like has already been said, lots of cameras- still & video- bring an audio recorder for EVP's- make sure you stay the full night and get well off the beaten paths into the bushes. Just sitting still and quiet in one area for a while would be good too. Good luck- you wouldnt catch me there!
>>
>>17069527

Igual lleva un GPS, no te confies, los bosques son muy traicioneros.
>>
Do take an analogic camera, like a disposable one, or something. Might be better for catching spoooooopy spirits.
>>
>>17070284
This and digital, cover all your bases.
>>
>>17071501
Good idea, i'll buy a disposable one anyway, the friend I'm going with is really into photography and she wanted one.
>>
>>17072929
Has she taken any spooky pics before?
>>
>>17074400
I don't think so, this is her first time coming to a place like this but she's into this kind of stuff and takes great shots so I hope we can take good pics
>>
>>17074437
So do you guys have a date for this planned yet or is it still up in the air?
>>
>>17074445
We haven't reserved the bus tickets yet but we're almost completely sure we'll go on the 28th.
>>
>>17074468
Cool. I was going to try to keep your thread alive as long as possible, but that's a stretch unless other anons start sharing stories about this place, so will you post a new thread when you guys get back?
>>
>>17059633
FUCK AUTOCORRECT fuck apple. Become a fucking slave and jump out of a window. Oh wait there's a suicide net. Can't even fucking kill yourself. Thanks Steve Jobs.
>>
>>17074476
Yeah I don't really think this thread will stay alive that long, it's ok if it doesn't I'll create a new one after coming back so don't worry!
>>
>>17074495
Calm down, you sperg.
>>
If you find tape follow it. You'll most likely find something at the end. Or the way out.
>>
>>17074468
We will be waiting Op.
>>
We will be waiting, OP. Greets from Latvia.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.