[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /x/ I'm not trying to be edgy or attention whoring. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: 1445285979895.jpg (682 KB, 2248x1232) Image search: [Google]
1445285979895.jpg
682 KB, 2248x1232
So /x/ I'm not trying to be edgy or attention whoring. I just want to hear some of your thoughts of what I've seen as a child and young teen.

So basically, when I was a young kid I used to become deeply terrified for no reason. So terrified that I would stop what I was doing and run as fast as I could to the nearest person. Regardless if I ever saw anything or not, I always felt an extremely strong threatening presence. It was always sudden too. the fear I felt dropped in on me as fast as you might feel your heart drop at exceedingly disappointing news.

Now I know I'm talking a non-specific fear, but I want to restate that this fear was intense, visceral, and horrifying. It was the kind of fear that would send anyone into a darting sprint without a second notice. Beyond the random spurts of terror I felt from random feelings I would get there were other times I was given real cause to be afraid.

I would see things /x/. Well THING. When I would see something, it would always be a very tall and broad man standing perfectly silent and still somewhere in my yard or in my house. It was 'shadowed', as in, I could never make out any features except hands. I think it wore a hat as well. It never chased me when I ran either, and would always be gone once the fear I felt went away. Never did I see this thing anywhere but my mother's house. I could sense the direction it was in and would instinctfully jerk my head around and there it would be.

If it helps, I have sleepwalked before in my youth, heard and seen other things (but without the fear), and I have nightly bizarre dreams.

This part of my life has long since been over. Sometimes I'll see things but I'll never lend them much of a thought, just movement that shouldn't have been there, that sorta stuff.

Like I said, not looking for attention, just very curious on this part of my life. Could anyone give me any ideas on what might have happened. I don't care if it's as mundane as "your imagination" or paranormal.
>>
>>17053158
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real.
>>
>>17053165
Huh, never considered it honestly. I didn't think it would be something that could 'go away'.
>>
>mother's house

Please don't be offended by this OP, but this sounds like some sort of trauma associated with the divorce of your parents.

Perhaps you had a fear of another man besides your father being in the house. Maybe you were anxious about the lack of a man in the house or something.

Anyway just a thought, hope it helps.
>>
>>17053178
Good eye for spotting that. Could be interesting, though they split before I was old enough to form serious memories. I do know that newborns can be fucked up in their adulthood because of events. Thanks though!

Also, not offended.
>>
>>17053185
See it seems like that would almost explain it more, if you were too young to remember. So when you were of age you developed these anxieties even though them being split up was "the norm." Could be Freudian in nature too, not wanting to "share" your mother.

You can tell I'm on the side of it being a psychological phenomenon haha. But I have an experience that may help. When I was around 11, my parents sat my sister and I down and told us they were splitting up. I had a psychotic break, ran outside screaming and vomiting. This stuff is traumatic OP, don't underestimate that as the cause.
>>
>>17053158
What's that photo trying to show?
>>
>>17053200
Nah I won't. I don't underestimate it at all. Just frustrating that I can't remember how I actually felt about it at the time, you know? Does make some sense though, because as I entered high school and started having a real life (I was an autist shut in until I made friends) I almost stopped seeing anything anymore.
>>
>>17053213
I saved it because I thought it was a good job by the artist, especially the third image since I've never seen that before. Also, can't post without an image.
>>
>>17053158
It's a chemical imbalance. It's quite common in children and it's not hard to find one that's got it if you work around them, the younger the more common it is.

I had it, pretty rarely while waking but often during sleep and honestly I still have it sometimes in my sleep. "Night Terrors" as they say.

Growing up and learning to live your life despite these sort of things occasionally happening to you is a valuable lesson that our perception of reality is everything and that we have a lot of control over it most of the time.
>>
>>17053158
Had similar experiences OP, did you experience sleep paralysis often as well?
>>
>>17053441
On some occasions, yes. My sleeping has always been dramatic. I dream intensely every night, but when I was younger I would do that and supposedly sleep walked.
>>
>>17053308
Yeah, I taught myself to discern what is real and what isn't. It helps honestly.
>>
>>17053450
Hmmm interesting, had trouble sleeping my whole life as well, even took a lot of pills from a very early age to help me with that, even more curious is the fact that I often saw a figure similar to the one you described, man this is so spooky I'm getting goosebumps
>>
>>17053308
How can a person achieve such q mastery over art.

They did this with a hammer.
>>
File: Vieled_Virgin[1].jpg (113 KB, 1600x1167) Image search: [Google]
Vieled_Virgin[1].jpg
113 KB, 1600x1167
>>17053478
Marble is very, very hard.
>>
>>17053478

Seriously, I would much rather this thread just be about this.
>>
>>17053521
A thing of beauty is a joy forever
>>
>>17053601
I could probably fap to this for multiple reasons, holy fuck
>>
>>17053158
You have autism or schizophrenia, just like all the other people that ask this question.
>>
File: 1415660120630.jpg (52 KB, 431x766) Image search: [Google]
1415660120630.jpg
52 KB, 431x766
>>17055052
how about this?
>>
>>17055080
Less so, but I would still fap.
>>
File: lookwhatimadetho.png (195 KB, 260x310) Image search: [Google]
lookwhatimadetho.png
195 KB, 260x310
>>17055080

>tfw I'm too short for that position
>tfw I'd have to bust out the step stool
>>
>>17055104
Are you me?

5'4" manlet reporting in.
>>
>>17055110

I tower over you at a studly 5'6''. Still shorter than anyone I personally know my age, male or female.
>>
File: 53053085_p0_master1200.jpg (430 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
53053085_p0_master1200.jpg
430 KB, 800x1200
>>17055118
Ah, I see. Don't worry though. It's hardly the worst thing that could happen. Also, there's bound to be a hot, waifu tier, 30 year old woman out there for people like us. We gonna make it...if all my /ss/ and "oneshota" is correct.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 469x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 469x750
I am absolutely obsessed with Ancient Greek and roman sculptures.

The Vatican has some amazing things as well. Something about them, makes me so proud to be a human.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.