[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pagan Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: 1.png (41 KB, 800x759) Image search: [Google]
1.png
41 KB, 800x759
>country
>religion
>favorite thing about it
>least favorite thing about it
>how you explain it to others
>>
File: 1434487698796.jpg (72 KB, 752x755) Image search: [Google]
1434487698796.jpg
72 KB, 752x755
>>17052769
>France
>Heathen
>Loki, Muh Ancestry
>i like everything
>i don't
>>
File: 1419548758364.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1419548758364.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
>>17052769
>Hamburgerland, USA
>animisim
>feels good existing
>hippie new age bullshit also in it
>I believe that all of the energy of things alive is "god"
>>
>>17052769
>>Australia
>>Universe-ism
>>Star dust
>>Money
>>I don't
>>
>>17052769
Such paranormal!
>>
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 871x918) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 871x918
>>17052769
>USA
>Heathen
>Cultural cohesion, Nature, Virtue
>"The Big Three", Peckerwoods, Lokeans
>I'm an observant practitioner of its none of your fucking business
>>
>>17053054
Goatse has ruined everything.
>>
>Botswana
>Vodun (African Traditional)
>Ancestors, hoodoo, zombies, snakes n' shit
>Not allowed to really do any hoodoo for my own benefit
>Goofer dust is the universal solution to life's problems
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 1000x986) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 1000x986
>texas
>chaote
>pussy, money, weed
>people who think masturbation is magic
>nothing is true, everything is permitted
>>
File: ayahuasca-session-570x250.jpg (87 KB, 570x250) Image search: [Google]
ayahuasca-session-570x250.jpg
87 KB, 570x250
>USA
>spooky ayahuasca-inspired Buddhist pantheism
>know my place in the pan-universal order
>can't explain worldview without sounding completely deranged
>avoid bringing it up as much as I can
>>
File: image.jpg (382 KB, 541x877) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
382 KB, 541x877
> canada
> hellenic mysteries ( various, non-conflicting )
> magick, mysticism, enlightenment, few rules in favour of advice and only three rules and behaviour being judged objectively otherwise for stuff that should come naturally to a good person. also personal relationship with multiple gods :3
> grimoires post sixth century are problematic to use with my path despite following near identical formulae. most paswords and gods changed in them.
> carefully. its many faceted. i mostly save it for my school and fellow hellenists. we tend to prefer relative secrecy and experiential learning over preaching.
>>
>>17053822

Saw him yesterday at McDonalds. Wanted to say hi but he was engorged in his burger and sending a text message on his iPhone
>>
Why are pagans always mentally fucked up, obese and fedora/steampunk wearing? Jw.
>>
File: anatomy of an asatruar.png (30 KB, 846x589) Image search: [Google]
anatomy of an asatruar.png
30 KB, 846x589
>>17053841
Don't forget racist.

"Asatru" is basically a codeword for neonazi at this point.
>>
>>17053841
this one is a filthy trap that's into urination and submission >>17053688
>>
File: Pepe angry.jpg (30 KB, 900x901) Image search: [Google]
Pepe angry.jpg
30 KB, 900x901
>>17053822
GET OUT OF MY THREAD CHRISTFAG
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>17053841
*/x/ pagans
>>
>>17053855
why doescthis even fucking matter? we have no fucking rules against this and im not hurting anyone. if anything im making a lot of girls happier ;)
>>
>>17053853
>>>Tumblr
>>
>>17053853
#notallasatru
posted by a hellenist with no connections to any incarnation of the golden dawn or any inkling of hellenism being a purely " ethnic " religion
>>
>>17052769
>Shill
>>
>>17053054
>>animisim

>>I believe that all of the energy of things alive is "god"
Pick one.
>>
The real Pagans are followers of the Mesopotamian Pantheon.

Jews however dont call Enlil by his Sumerian name...
>>
>>17052769
>United States
>Christian

>Having a close relationship with God and feeling as though I can help others through prayer

>I hate how hateful some Christians can be. The church that I stopped going to had an entire sermon about why Christians should shun homosexuals, Jewish people, and atheists. Some, but not all, can be so close minded.

>How I explain it to others
This is my own interpretation. By being a Christian, you open up your heart to God and use your relationship with Him to be the best person you can be, to yourself and others. Being a Christian is about not trying to convert everyone, but about trying to use the gifts that God gives you to make life easier for others, and to make others feel loved and accepted whether they are Christian or not.
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 800x533
>>17053853
>calling the most Gym obsessed religion "fat"

This smacks of the projections of the nefarious basement dwelling Land Whale.
>>
>>17052769
>Aspergia
>Hippy
>milking cows
>syphilis
>I've hired a virtual assistant from the Philippines. I pay him $2/hour to do my explaining for me.
>>
>>17055376
fag. nah, joking. nice post.

fag.
>>
>>17052769
>american
>atheist but not super happy so looking for something i might be able to believe in besides the usual organized religions
>don't know
>don't know
>don't know

can someone give me a reasonable place to start learning about pagan philosophies or religions if i tell you what i already think?

>nature is powerful and there is something to be gained by communing with the elements
>acting only out of kindness is a high priority
>there is no such thing as an evil person, only people who choose to do evil things
>life is not all about hedonistic pleasure or monastic repression of your urges, moderation in all things
>there is no such thing as a "god" but there may be an overall power or spirit contained within the world that can be tapped into

there's probably more but can someone suggest anything just based on that?
>>
>>17055575
bump, looking for some guidance
>>
>>17055575
>>17055611
second this anon

I would add that there seems to really exist a creative("good")/destructive("evil") duality which is clumsily represented by yahweh/satan in christianity
>>
>>17055575
this is making me sad. really, no one has anything to offer me?

maybe it's just a sign that i should accept the atheism and forget about finding meaning in anything. oh well.
>>
>>17055709
Wicca or animism might be your best bet.
>>
>>17055726
Wicca is a joke.
>>
>>17055709
Or maybe it's a sign that you should reexamine your disdain for organized religion.
>>
>>17055839
i don't have disdain for organized religion. it just doesn't come close to making sense to me with regard to my life experience and understanding of the world.

>>17055726
why wicca and animism? wicca's the only pagan thing i've ever really given more than a passing glance to and while i like the beliefs to a certain extent, i'm really not into the elaborate rituals. in my understanding, the rituals an be designed by the practitioner, including the types of magical tools involved but is that really true? i've also seen people who have done a lot more research than me disparage it, but then again, everything is disparaged by someone.

i'll have to look into animism more but from my initial skimming of wikipedia info, it seems that it's not quite right for me. i used to have more of a pantheistic view where that "one-ness" is expressed through individual creatures but animism seems to be saying that each object or creature has an individual spirit which doesn't ring as true to me.

>>17055836
why?
>>
>>17055887
If the occult hasn't made itself visible to you yet, then it's not for you. You need to find your own path. It's hard to explain, but sometimes you just 'know' where to go. If you don't have this directive by now, then you will most likely never get it.
However, if you're serious about paganism/occultism, then I reccomend you go to a few gatherings in your area. You can talk to the various practitioners there, and then you could get a better idea of where you fit in. Maybe you'll even find a coven you like.
>>
>USA
>i don't really know yet
>all of the unity between people (and all of the gods)
>thick-headed people who know nothing and just wanna be edgy
>It's mostly about connecting with the gods and with nature
>>
>>17052769
>USA
>Omnism/Atheistic Satanist
>Nonrestrictive by nature
>Very few definitive answers on, for example, the afterlife
>Gods were the early version of Jungian archtypes
>>
>>17053688
Any good experiences?
>>
>>17052769
>Ireland
>Kemetic Recon
>All of it
>My only real gripe is that the supplies are difficult to get and the religion is very American centred at times making it bloody difficult to mingle with other Kemetics
>i don't I like to keep my religious practices and my magical practices on the QT.
>>
File: maha_kali_by_LocustaVampa.jpg (140 KB, 885x903) Image search: [Google]
maha_kali_by_LocustaVampa.jpg
140 KB, 885x903
>UK
>Gnostic animist atheist Hindu
>anger and peace
>never 100% sure I'm not mentally ill
>usually with some difficulty
>>
>Bible Belt, USA
>Left Hand Path Paganism
> Love The Freedom
>Everyone assumes I'm satanist or worship demons
>I worship no god as they are my equals. There is no thing greater than that which I may become
>>
File: image.jpg (844 KB, 1566x2365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
844 KB, 1566x2365
>England
>Norse Pagan
>Freedom, not going to hell, able to practise witchcraft/occult shiz without the Aesir/Vanir getting upset
>The loud, racist group that seem to think they know who the gods are willing to let worship them (kek)
>I worship the Germanic gods and revere my ancestors, also, animism.
>>
>>17060557
>revere my ancestors
i'm curious about this. i've seen a lot of talk about it lately but i know nothing. what exactly do you do and why do you do it?
>>
File: gula_p.gif (11 KB, 235x400) Image search: [Google]
gula_p.gif
11 KB, 235x400
>USA
>Mesopotamian neopaganism
>The goddesses and gods, their tales, and my connection to them. Ritual, magick, the overall reverence of deity.
>how I've had to read through six gorillion history books, and various books about ancient sumerian/assyrian/akkadian/babylonian religious systems, instead of a few more general books about how one can practice mesopotamian paganism in this day and age (such books are non-existent). It's also somewhat of a blessing though, because I've had a good amount of exposure to first hand writings.
>I don't. I just say I'm a pagan if I reaaallly need to, people don't even know what the word "mesopotamia" means over here. Twice I've been lead to the "meso-american" section of book stores when asking where the mesopotamian history books are.
>>
>>17060563
Basically I keep a shrine to my ancestors in the house (like eastern traditions I guess?) and pray to them on a near-daily basis. If I need help, or if I want to talk, I'll speak with my ancestors first before going to the gods.
My ancestors don't seem to require sacrifices to be willing to help me (in other words, they already have concern over my wellbeing) and I know that certain deceased family members have my back; it's just my way of showing that I'm grateful & remember them everyday.
I'll still leave a drink out for them though, every once in a while. Hope that clears things up for you anon.
>>
>>17060646
thanks for taking the time to answer. i don't think it's something i'm going to do myself but when i was researching my ancestry i started to feel a deep connection to my ancestors and a feeling of "belonging" that was very unfamiliar to me, which was the main reason i asked. thanks again.
>>
>>17060660
No worries.
>>
>usa but not for long hopefully
>draw from wicca mostly, none of that "omg deities and hippie nature :)" bs
>used it as self therapy, worked
>some batshit crazy members of the community
>i don't lmao, who asks "so what's your religion?" as a conversation starter?
>>
>>17052769
You know we have a religion board now
>>
>>17060668
Really? Where?
>>
>>17060725
Can't find it anywhere.
>>
File: Fedora 045.jpg (84 KB, 414x745) Image search: [Google]
Fedora 045.jpg
84 KB, 414x745
>>17059975
>I worship no god as they are my equals. There is no thing greater than that which I may become
>>
>>17055370

He's confusing animism with pantheism.
>>
>>17055836

So is your dick.
>>
>>17059975
Get a load of this poor deluded individual
>>
U.S.

Celtic Pagan (more or less)

My favorite thing...that's tough. I suppose it's the idea that no matter what, you end up in a better place. Hell to them was nothing but taking extra time to get there.

My least favorite thing? Probably the lack of original texts, or stories. Most of their tradition was oral. And the Romans and later Christians sort of killed off most of the people who knew the stories/poems/songs that contained the knowledge.

I tell them that it's basically Buddhism that is less about being passive, and has gods worth worshiping. But still the option not to. Which is a very shallow, diluted version of it. But it gets the ball rolling. That is, if they care to know more.
>>
>Ireland
>Gaelic pagan
>We just call them saints and pretend it's christian shit anyway, I like not hiding that
>peace and love and the natural cycle is roped in with those meme tier "I'm american but have some nordic ancestry so I'll worship thor" kind of neo pagans as well as neonazis
>>
>>17055575
Sounds like you may find interest in atheistic satanism philosophy such as the Church of Satan.
>>
>country
US
>religion
Agnostic, but I doubt reductionism
>favorite thing about it
nothing really?
nothing either lol
"I dunno. Maybe we don't have everything figured out"
>>
>Murica
>Murica
>Murica
>i-legals
>Murica
>>
File: 6PcD2.jpg (46 KB, 698x960) Image search: [Google]
6PcD2.jpg
46 KB, 698x960
>>17052897
I laughed so much I died
>>
>>17055887
>why?
Because it's made-up bullshit with no substance. Invented in the 1950's by a guy who wanted easy beatnik pussy, and fabricated the religion's whole entire history to make it seem legitimate. Also most Wiccans are shitty people. Every Wiccan I've ever met was either a fat edgy mall-goth teenager, or a shrill Oprah-watching middle aged woman.

If you like the idea of nature worship and goddess stuff, you might look into Cultus Sabbati. Cultus Sabbati is basically a non-faggy version of Wicca.
>>
File: 14898764.jpg (27 KB, 320x317) Image search: [Google]
14898764.jpg
27 KB, 320x317
>>17065324
>most Wiccans are shitty people. Every Wiccan I've ever met
>>
File: url.png (57 KB, 823x707) Image search: [Google]
url.png
57 KB, 823x707
Religion: homebrew octopus-worshiping religion
Favorite thing about it: knowing that since I'm the only one who worships this god, I get all the cool magick powers to myself
Least favorite thing: Lovecraft nerds think I worship Chthulhu or however you spell it
How you explain it to others: God is an octopus. In every ocean there are fish, and in cosmic oceans there are cosmic fish. The eight-rayed body of the octopus symbolizes the eight great steps of creation, the eight works. The "Oct Opus". This is consistent with most religions' view that all of creation comes from a primordial sea. The eight tentacles extend in all eight cardinal directions through spacetime, thus our God is omnipresent in our cosmic sea. The universe is 80% darkmatter just like the planet is 80% sea.
>>
>>17065751
>that pic
>>
>>17065851
The eye ball with eight planets bottom middle?
Something mesmerizing about it, no?
>>
>>17065862
No.
>>
>>17058840
its been at least three years that ive been practicing them now and there have been plenty.

breakthroughs, gnosis, seeing behind the scenes to the main influences on society, knowing the names and magick words they answer to and recognize, sex magick, visions, constant learning and self improvement,
and all the while enjoying a lot of damn entertaining and enlightening reading material with hidden depths and nuances to their message and content. the oddysey for instance is not only what it first appears as simply being the story of a man getting home from an epic journey. its also a guidebook on the moral obligations between guest and host, with all negative consequences in the entirety of it being due to people doing it wrong, including oddyseus. its indispensably applicable to working with spirits and also was commonly used for bibliomancy along with a select few other books.
also knowing enough ancient greek to realize aleister crowleys famous banishing ritual as described in most sources starts with the infamous and thought provoking line " from the spirit(s) of all evil " rather than its traditional label as translating to " Away all evil spirits ". literally from being one letter off. i have my theories as to what his reasoning and intent was for it if not a simple error, including it being a joke on his followers or a way for lord therion ( ancient greek for " beast " and with intentional symbolism from revelations in his deciding to take on the moniker ) to subtly sign his name within the ritual himself as being the author.

sorry if that was too wordy or out there >>
>>
>>17066046
Are you the >>17053853
Lol asatru is pretty much tumblr at this point, the biggest groups allow gays and non whites bro

>>17060646
That's pretty much what most Germanic pagans do
>>
>>17066092
nahhhh dude. i was >>17054027
totally different side of the fence.
>>
File: 1444173312212.jpg (41 KB, 499x562) Image search: [Google]
1444173312212.jpg
41 KB, 499x562
>UK
>Great Old Ones cult (Lovecraftian Cosmicism)
>full of theoretical issues and "codified" knowledge
>most rituals involve something illegal so they're quite difficult to perform
>*hands over the complete works of H.P. Lovecraft* do you want to know anon? Here, just read this.
>>
>Burgerland, TX
>Hermeticism
>Focus on study over ritual, lack of fluffy bunny wiccans
>Secret societies
>'The pursuit of higher knowledge and innovation'
>>
fucken posers
>>
>>17053853
The issue with Asatru is the same as the issue with Wiccans, they both have a ton of fabricated horseshit rituals.
>>
>>17066544
depends on which group you are looking at, the older work published during the 60s-80s was very wiccan in root. AFA and Troth are heavily based in research and actually sourcing their rituals and ideas. Edred Thorsson for example is garbage unless you want to be Thelematru
>>
>USAUSAUSA
>Asatru/celtic recon
>The heathen tribal view has always been my sorta viewpoint on interacting with the broader world.
>Nazis, lokeans, wiccatru, SJWs who get triggered
>I focus more on the filial piety and tribal focus than Thoor and Odin.
>>
>>17066549
I'll check out the Troth. AFA probably wouldn't like me because I'm a semitic looking motherfucker. Plus, Troth is in my native state of Texas.
>>
>>17066092
>Lol asatru is pretty much tumblr at this point, the biggest groups allow gays and non whites
More proof that Asatru is full of whiny MRA and racist clowns. You hate the idea of nonwhites in your religion, and equate it with tumblr. You can't wait to vent your suburban white guy frustrations at a world that no longer considers you its ruler.
>>
> South Carolina
> Christian
> Having a personal relationship with Christ the living God who have his life for mine when I did not deserve mercy. He loads me daily with benefits.
> Conservative and Liberal "Christians" who allow their sociopolitical ideology to determine their beliefs, instead of the other way around.
> We all need God. He waits patiently to accept you and protect you from the world in His mighty and eternally powerful arms.
>>
>>17066544
who told you that there's such a thing as an "unfabricated" ritual in any human religion, though?
>>
>>17067267
muh ancesdors i heard dem sbeaging to me :DDDDD

wide bower :DDD
>>
>>17061558
That is what left hand pagans believe
>>
File: photo19.jpg (11 KB, 320x350) Image search: [Google]
photo19.jpg
11 KB, 320x350
>>17055489
>Asatru
>gym-obsessed
Then why are top-tier athletes all Christian and Muslim? Why is there no "Fellowship of Pagan Athletes"?

I bet there isn't a single aspertru alive who could punch out Mike Tyson or Chael Sonnen.

Look at this skinny nerd; this is who aspertru look up to.
>>
>>17052769
>USA
>Voodou
>Baron Samedi, muh loa
>its an eye for an eye type of deal with loa
>I say I like to "honor" the dead
>>
>>17052769
Canada

Druidry

The form I practice is very open ended and non restrictive. It's more about finding spirituality through nature and myth rather than a hardline set of beliefs or doctrine

Idiots that claim I can't be a druid because druidry was killed off with the ancient celts. I know this, modern druidry is an interpretation and reconstruction based on the druids of old.

I usually keep my beliefs to myself as its a personal journey but if anyone is interested they can check out The New Order of Druids.
>>
>>17052769
>Portugal
>La Veyan Satanism
>Scaring people wearing something related to it
>People thinking you actually worship Satan
>I explain it as the belief of myself as a powerful being
>>
>>17052769
>Sweden
>Asatru (Germanic Paganism)
>Purity
>It having "Cult"-status while dead kike-terrorists & child raping delusionals are considered all real, normal and healthy.
>There's something more to faith besides that collection plate in front of you, when you grow tired of the hypocrisy and eternal submission to an invisible ruler.. you come see me, and I'll tell you about the faith of your forefathers who's graves & legacy you have forsaken.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR7R9Kuw2fY
>>
>>17067596
i don't like your angry, childish preaching one bit. if you truly wished to draw people into your spiritual fold and help them, you wouldn't speak like a hateful westboro baptist church member. you're just another ego-controlled nut, trying to rage your way into the delusion that you are a "spiritual person".
>>
you motherfuckers god damn
>>
File: Valkyria.jpg (65 KB, 400x612) Image search: [Google]
Valkyria.jpg
65 KB, 400x612
>>17067610
Pacifism is the ultimate tool used by the powerful to keep you sedated in your faith, while they use you, abuse you and transform you into another entity with kind words and delusional ramblings about your "tru potential" that you will never ever embrace.

Submission keeps you sedated, you are not to ask on your free will neither are you to choose your divine representative but only to submit. Here where we depart in our "spirituality". You are the ultimate tool, as I am the one in control of my divine destiny.

You're waiting for a better life, something promised to you by a false prophet. At least we know that our actions will take us to Valhalla, our lives here are meaningless in the eyes of God. Their domain is in the sky where only the determined few may enter.

My Ego serves me and my ancestors, your Ego is non-existent. Therefore you are not in control of your own destiny, what separates you from a sheep, a demon or a simple machine?

Are you not a man?
>>
>>17067635
shut the fuck up
>>
>>17067635
pacifism is booze and dope and cool shit
>>
File: 1402739152802.jpg (551 KB, 984x728) Image search: [Google]
1402739152802.jpg
551 KB, 984x728
>>17067640
Did i hit a nerve? Why don't you question authority? And how come Paganism by free choice scares your "Anti-fascists" so much?

When it comes to hypocrisy, Abraham and his followers are the undisputed kings and queens of lying, submission and control. You are a parody of yourselves and far more dangerous than anything ever conceived in this life.
>>
>>17052769
>America
>Atheism
>Very loose, doesn't force opinions down your throat
>often associated with neckbeards and fedora tippers
>If I had a god ruling over my life, I wouldn't want to live anymore. I make my own choices, and science proves we evolved.
>>
>>17067647
im the one who gets to fight bitch. thats my deal
>>
>>17067647
>based Brother Nathanael
>bad
hilarious image. go back to /pol/ you divide and conquer shill.
>>
>>17067656
Ah, then we are two. I'll defend my ancestor legacy and hang your priesthood by their feet in my tees. They'll make a good sacrifice for the Blut.
>>
>>17067659
Slavv, your faith is flawed. And your priests are all Jewish shills, don't forget that.. Jeshua.

Stop falling for the same meme already...
>>
>>17067664
what priests? youre welcome to try that on me...
>>
>>17067668
nice rebuttal LARPer :^)
also, divide and conquering is a JIDF tactic. don't spout muh joos when you act just like them.
>>
File: IMG_0036_2014-09-01.jpg (104 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036_2014-09-01.jpg
104 KB, 960x720
>>17067669
When your Eurasian ethno-religious war finally comes to past, you know... assuming Dugin, Putin and "Brother" Nathaniel Scheckelstein get their wish... i might just have to do that ;)
>>
>>17059886
You gonna mummify yourself?
>>
>>17067670
No, jews don't divide and conquer. They conquer through your faith with their shill priesthoods, who are you to argue against the "Sister-faiths"? The only salvation is pure nationalism, and nationalism tainted by Semitic culture is not and will never be pure.

That's why you only repeat the same damn pattern sticking with your dead-kike-on-a-stick meme. They won't have to divide you, they already have you by the balls.
>>
>>17065751
You sound like somebody that considers himself "funny".
>>
>>17067671
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WedEkDQltA
>>
>>17066514
Illegal?

Care to clarify?
>>
>>17067596
>>17067635
>>17067647
Took four days for this thread to evolve into aspertru racist vomit? I think that's a new record for pagan threads, actually.
>>
File: 1442693155653.jpg (29 KB, 403x305) Image search: [Google]
1442693155653.jpg
29 KB, 403x305
>>17067713
Are you afraid of "wasisum" Schekleshill?

After all.. it does have close ties with Abrahamism.
>>
>>17067247
Massive bait detected
>>
File: zztrollelf.png (6 KB, 225x210) Image search: [Google]
zztrollelf.png
6 KB, 225x210
>>17067635
>Pacifism is the ultimate tool used by the powerful to keep you sedated in your faith

Not posted from prison library, pacifist

>Submission keeps you sedated
says the sissy who sits there quietly with his head down when his grand puba tells him too

>You're waiting for a better life
projection, you were ignorant shit and no amount of clansmanshit is going to change that

>and my ancestors
your version of religion is younger than wicca, your ancestors conquered less of the world than any shitskinned tribe, and the only reason you're culture wasn't completely subsumed is because no one wanted to live in that barren frozen shithole. Your ancestors sucked.
>>
>>17052769
>South United States
>Taoist
>Dao
>
>It's being. It's all yes and all no. It is beyond everything and it IS.
>>
>>17067868
>your ancestors conquered less of the world than any shitskinned tribe, and the only reason you're culture wasn't completely subsumed is because no one wanted to live in that barren frozen shithole

THIS

Vikings are like the definition of "big fish in a small pond."
>>
>>17067695
lol
>>
>>17067676
no since modern funeral practices are just as efffective at preservation, however my heart is another story altogether. That i need to look into getting preserved seperately
>>
>>17052769
>Your mom.
>Your mom.
>Hot MILF action!!!
>you.
>Best ass ever.
>>
File: 214.png (446 KB, 449x336) Image search: [Google]
214.png
446 KB, 449x336
>>17067695
Not sure what you mean by that. Explain?
>>
>U.S of A
>Wicca(?)
>It gives me the freedom to search out my own path, but is close enough to what I actually believe that I can gel with some other people.
>it's fucking Wicca. The magic is bs and some worshippers are spergz
> It's a religion with tenets more applicable to today's world
>>
im new to paganism, my family are from that sort of background (i live near stone henge) and i really want to get into it, what path do i go down? what paths are even there to go down? all i know is wicca, can someone give me some links or something? its such a big thing i dont even know where to start
>>
>Australia
>Orthodox Christian
>Burning dirty heathens in the name of my Lord and saviour Jesus Christ
>Schismatic keks
>The path to eternal life and internal peace
>>
>>17069959
>> near stone henge
duuuude, you are in the perfect spot to practice druididm, celtic, or anglo saxon paganism. or at least anything shamanic and earth based.
stone henge - like many sacred sites of old - is built along the meeting points of ley lines and so its a huge focal point of magickal energy.
there are some links in this thread for info on it ( except for stuff on ley lines but its out there, including maps, grids, and the location, description, amd history of hot spots ) ,could be worth looking into :3
>>
what are some good cigarettes? kamels gay marloboros gay too newport... parlaiment? no way l and m just letters might be fine
>>
does anyone know about the temple of set? i was thinking about joining it but they have zero contacts and information avaible on them outside mail and few book reccomendations.
>>
USA
Catholic
Everyone is a goth
Nazis
It is scene
>>
>>17070007
thanks pal and i know, theres often alot of stuff going on and i want to be a part of it
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 500x625
>>17067635
im going to ask you a question about asatru and the way you practice it / live your life in relation to it:
as a follower of the ancient norse ways im sure you are aware of yggdrasil, the world tree, the nine worlds of the cosmos with midgard ( our world ) at the centre. and of course the incredible shamanic journeys and such that people experience from exploring these worlds and not being bound to the purely material.
my question is can you leave Midgard and go to these worlds too?

because a lot of us would prefer you to do that instead of hanging out here, and not come back until youve explored all of it, especially if it takes years. or just settle down somewhere out there and not come back.

tl;dr: if you dont like Midgard you can get the fuck out * points to the exit. its a fucking rainbow *
>>
File: octopus symbol.png (14 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
octopus symbol.png
14 KB, 800x792
>>
Hey my girlfriend recently decided to become a pagan. Mostly because her friend is and I think she just wants to believe in an afterlife.

Anyway ive put alot of research into this "new paganism" and it sounds like a bunch of bullshit honestly. Like Joesph Smith levels of fuckery.

She has chosen the greek earth goddess as her "god" and her friend picked the Egyptian cat god. Further more they are going to go burn a long on the full moon, which ive found has german pre-Christian roots.
They also meditate and talk about positive and negative energy, and apparently the only moral tenant is "do no harm" which is written on a damn bumper sticker she brought home.

All of this shit just seems like contradictory scraps of different religions wrapped up together and is seemingly nothing like anything pre-Christian people actually practiced.

She told me it was also like Wicca which I found is just a 20th century invention.

What do you guys think? I am being like half-way supportive of her but It just seems like total hipter nonsense.
>>
>>17070466
>All of this shit just seems like contradictory scraps of different religions wrapped up together and is seemingly nothing like anything pre-Christian people actually practiced.
Yep, that's Wicca in a nutshell.
>>
>>17052769

>Uk
>Druidism/ Neo-druid reconstruction.
>No fundamental dogma text. Tolerance of the abundance of deities you wish to incorporate. The gatherings. Nature. The thread of creativity and the augmentation of bards. Concerned with matters of this world and not the next. Love of the language.
>Easy to get lost in the complexities. Some arrogant and insular members who pontificate their personal beliefs as supreme. Despots. Lokieans. God spouses.
>I just explain that I am enamoured with nature.
>>
>>17052769
>USA
>Ɓsatru
>Ancestral connection
>Hippies and people who think I'm racist/some roleplaying autist
>I don't
>>
>>17070466
Dude, who fucking cares. She's joining a religion that has pretty much never actually hurt anyone and doesn't advocate hurting anyone. It's the only religion THE ONLY ONE where what matters most isn't rituals or prayer or some shit, but how you treat other people. All religions are bullshit so just be glad she chose one that doesn't prohibit 3-ways and anal and probably encourages it.
>>
>>17070466
eh let her do her thing. The three ways this can go is either just a phase that will pass soon; she'll figure it out and get into more serious studies which will end a lot of her new age bullshit; or she'll internalize it and it will become a quiet thing that you never have to hear her talk about, aside from some plants she'll grow in the kitchen.

Bonus points, act supportive and get her Ann-Marie Gallagher's 'Wiccan Bible" and you get to watch her and her friends dance around naked together.
>>
File: Ecce Ancilla Domini.jpg (1 MB, 1299x2286) Image search: [Google]
Ecce Ancilla Domini.jpg
1 MB, 1299x2286
>country
Norway
>religion
Agnostic/atheist
>favorite thing about it
You don't have to justify or try to make excuses for strange beliefs or practices like you would with a specific religion
Not having a community of faith to be part of.
I wasn't brought up in any religion, and I haven't found any to commit to on my own.

I have been looking into Christianity (Lutheranism) this year, it's a very nice religion and the most reasonable one that I've been able to find. I don't think I'm going to be able to actually believe in dogmas of the Christian faith though.
>>
>>17070466
guess which kinds of religions organize orgies in the wood.
>>
>>17070655
that isn't a religion you dumbass.
>>
>>17069959
Look into Druidry friend
>>
>>17070575
So your not pagan and have no relevance to the thread
>>
>>17070510
>>17070528
>>17070629

Im like a kind of agnostic Christian and im not bigoted towards this or anything. I am actually a history major I have actually researched some of the origins of these beliefs before and found it very interesting.

By biggest problem is just how shallow this "religion" is. Anytime I ask either my girlfriend or her friend about their beliefs they cant give me a solid answer. She wants to decorate the house with various crystals and twig sculptures but she doesnt really know what they mean. It really seems like new pagans make this shit up as they go.

Im not going to discourage her from it or anything but I have just zero interest in the healing powers of crystals or gather foilage in the woods. Very unfortunately she doesnt seem to have any interest in sex magick lol. If you have any ideas on how to change that it would be appreciated.

I think the root of it is really a distaste for Christianity while still wanting to believe in an afterlife where all her dead loved ones are.

What Is slightly more annoying is that she isnt really supportive of me being Christian so it makes it harder for me to be supportive of this. I guess we'll see where this goes. Its going to be annoying but I wont give her any shit about it.
>>
>>17068973
>the downside is the religion itself
Then why do you believe it?
>>
>>17070466
It doesn't take much to realize Soft Polytheists are morons does it
>>
>>17070466
It doesn't matter. Religion of any kind has always been a tool for personal comfort. If it isn't hurting anyone let her worship her cat god (unless it's the one from Scooby Doo on Zombie Island).

Also, check'd
>>
>>17070958
You like your polytheist hard do ya?
>>
>>17054027
Would you consider worship of the roman gods under hellenism, since they are the same gods only through a roman perspective? I've just never really known what to call myself besides "pagan"
>>
>>17070973
Yeah I suppose so. What I do know for sure is that Scooby doo movie was excellent
>>
>>17070855
Atheists are pagan. "Pagan" means any religion that isn't Christian, Jewish, or Islamic.
>>
>country: Argentina
>religion:sociology
>favorite thing about it: all of it
>least favorite thing about it: bad reputation
>how you explain it to others: I don't explain it. I just invite people to our church
>>
>>17055575
You would be interested in stoic roman paganism. Stoicism essentially requires for you to remove your emotion and passion from your decisions, so for example you could eat food and enjoy the taste when you are hungry but you shouldn't follow your primal desire to eat food for the taste alone, kinda like don't deprive yourself of pleasure but don't do things for the pleasure alone which is kinda like the moderation thing you said was an aspect your interested in but takes it a step farther. Certain morals are layed out like honesty and dignity but instead of christian morals that teach to be complacent in your life role they are more about achieving your own goals through self determination inside a larger social structure. Striving to improve is very important to stoicsim and seems like something you would be interested in. Stoicism dates back to ancient greece and went hand in hand with hellenic gods which were both brought to rome. Marcus aurelius by many considered one of the greatest roman emperors wrote meditations a personal journal discussing stoic thought while he travelled the roman empire quelling rebellions and defeating enemies. Marcus aurelius combined many aspects of roman paganism into his stoic beliefs so that would be a great place to start out. As well as this roman paganism expressed a very important connection with nature since the gods weren't always concerned with humanity so it was important for romans to view the gods as a part of the natural world that they peacefully needed to coexist with through paying respects. There is alot of intricate mythology which is also highly interesting. Seems similar to what you were looking for, although that'll be left up to you.
>>
>>17068682
Eh not siding with the astaru guy but this is just historically wrong, vikings weren't just pirates they often worked as mercenaries and worked quite well at it and set up kingdoms from estonia to the black sea along the volga, as well as conquering england, greenland, vinland, northern france and sicily/parts of southern Italy. They weren't the best warriors of the time but they definitely got shit done and they did conquer quite alot in their days.
>>
>country: Australia
>religion: LaVeyan Satanism
>favourite thing: saying "fuck you" to organised religion and pissing off Christians
>least favorite: "you worship Satan" and "you can't believe in Satan if you don't believe in God" is all I ever hear before I explain it
>how i explain it: It's like Atheism, but you believe you are you personal god and are the most important thing to yourself, nothing to do with Satan, Anton LaVey was just a dick.
>>
>>17052769
>America ( I fucking hate it here )
>Thanotheatic
>It has actual evidence in reality
>Most people are not interested
>I believe in Death, Nothing more, the only thing we have proof of and the only thing we all do as a species is Die, so why not believe in a Religion centered around Death?
>>
>>17071051
Hell yeah nigga
>>
File: middle_ages_viking_expansion.png (189 KB, 793x521) Image search: [Google]
middle_ages_viking_expansion.png
189 KB, 793x521
>>17067868
>Not posted from prison library, pacifist
Doesn't know the difference between being a pacifist and reactionary.

>says the sissy who sits there quietly with his head down when his grand puba tells him too
Who said i pray in that fashion? Or perhaps you didn't had anything to write and just went with what you thought and what you felt? Please read a book.

>projection, you were ignorant shit and no amount of clansmanshit is going to change that
Ignorant? Because i dont agree with your vision of being "right"? Is your opinion the "right" one? Is your Faith the right one? Your rethorics are far more totalitarian in nature than mine. You SJWs are the ultimate thought police, but it's fun to trigger you ;)

>your ancestors conquered less of the world than any shitskinned tribe, and the only reason you're culture wasn't completely subsumed is because no one wanted to live in that barren frozen shithole. Your ancestors sucked.
Mein Neger, plesae.. please.. please pick u a book. Pic related.
>>
File: hd0uMYE.png (265 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
hd0uMYE.png
265 KB, 720x404
>>17070340
Who said I didn't like Midgard you planetary bigot?
>"If you don't like herp derp you can derp out". Are you a retarded Texan perhaps? Why do you apply the rethorics of idiots to make a dumb point? When it comes to your picture i find it laughable bashing the religious right while using their own "xenophobic anti-migration"-rethorics to "kick me out" of Midgard.

Sometimes i wonder if you SJWs hear yourselves talk, you're exactly like the ones you calim to fght. It baffles me how radical you can get and how fast you are triggered by someone threatening your rainbow-ideology.

>because a lot of us would prefer you to do that instead of hanging out here
SJWs have a habit talking about other majorities/minorities "wills".. as if truth was somehow measured by the quantity of idiots behind it.

Let me guess, youre one of those "Atheists" that celebrates christmas for the presents and hate all religions because "God" wasn't there for you when you got raped by that catholic priest. I can respect that, but i somehow feel you're an "Agnostic". The spineless variant of a culturally christian angry atheist with a severe existential problem.

Is God there? is he Not? Can you make up your mind?

You Moralists and your predefined "good". You are a scary bunch of radicals, especially when you try your best to do "good" so you can boost your ego and pretend you're a "nice"/"civilized" person.

I bet the chicks dig that ;)
>>
>>17060596
Which part are you doing? The grand rituals or some form of personal devotion based on private prayers, also are you using the omen texts?
Also in which language, sumerian assyrian or english?
>>
>>17071313
The end of this response coupled with the picture provided is pure fucking gold
>>
>>17071313
you came into this thread bashing everyone and everything that you don't agree with and when someone questions you, your panties get tied in a knot and you go on a hypocritical rant about SJWs when you're the special snowflake coming in aggressively and trying to provoke a reaction. you add nothing of value here so maybe you really should just go away.
>>
File: Blue Lined Octopus.jpg (305 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Blue Lined Octopus.jpg
305 KB, 1024x683
>>
>>17071074

The VAST majority of Atheists would constitute an Abrahamic religion. They adhere to Christian morality and belive their morals to be objective and universalist. They're just Protestants that don't believe in YAWEH.
>>
>U.S.A.
>omnitheist, follower of Minerva/Athena
>favorite thing: many gods to choose from, free to choose one whose ideals you already value. I value knowledge, making my choice in deity pretty easy
>least favorite thing: not many other polytheists
>how you explain it to others: I don't bring it up if it's not necessary. Usually have to tell bible thumpers to fuck off with "I don't worship gods who demand human sacrifices and threaten me with torture"

Can't stand monotheists. Atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, Taoists, Hindus, and the occasional pagan, I never have problems with. I've yet to meet any Jew, Christian, or Muslim that hasn't tried to shove their beliefs down my throat at some point, whether it be sooner or later.
>>
Im surprised that atheists havnt pointed at laughed at you for believing in a roman god. Then again they were probably too busy railing against islam.
>>
>>17073622
What's wrong with Buddhists?
>>
>>17074551
He said he never had a problem with them.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 540x720
Usa
The Eternal Cosmos
its so fucking real and beautiful and powerful
People think im making thibgs up when i say people sing to stones and make them fly
I dont. If they ask i just say im a right-wing wiccian and they know
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 259x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 259x323
>>17067479
>varg
>not 14/88 niggerkike slayer

Pick fucking one.
>>
>>17074551
Buddhism as practised by usual Western LARPers is shitty.

I'm afraid not many people here in Europe aside Kalmucks are even real Buddhists. Only known serious convert to me was Ungern Khan, who had is with wierd syncretism with Christianity.
>>
>>17052769
I'm monotheist, but really interested in Slavic and Roman mythology.

And I'm sorry, but I can't see "modern Paganism" as anything more than LARPinsm. Slavic Neo-Pagans are even basing it on known hoax Book of Veles lol.

Always wondered why those caring about whiteness of religion wouldn't just convert to Hinduism, Buddhism or Zoroastrianism, Aryan man's religions left.
>>
>>17052769
>Brazil
>I pick and choose everything that makes sense
>nothing, really
>I don't.
>>
>>17073622
i've never met a jew or muslim who tried to convince me of their beliefs at all. just christians that will "pray for me." i don't believe that every monotheist you've ever met has tried to convert you. it's just not true.
>>
>>17074895
>And I'm sorry, but I can't see "modern Paganism" as anything more than LARPinsm.
which religion isn't LARP?

>Slavic Neo-Pagans are even basing it on known hoax Book of Veles lol.
in contrast to which religious book that has been proven to be true?
>>
>>17066514
go back to bloodborne
>>
>>17073445
>The VAST majority of Atheists would constitute an Abrahamic religion
Actually the vast majority of atheists are culturally Buddhist (see: China).
>>
>>17053853
>>17067094
>>17067713
Fuck OFF you shill.

The marxist PC brigade has essentially dismantled christendom in the west, so now they're attacking paganism. Even Wiccans have come under fire. You literally can't win with these people; if you worship the gods of nonwhite people (such as Egyptian gods), you're told you're committing "cultural appropriation." If you worship the gods of your own people (such as the Norse), you're accused of being "racist." It seems like liberalism's endgame goal is to destroy safe spaces for white people, ALL white people, and ONLY white people.
>>
>>17075150
well of course anon.

jews don't try to convert anyone but people of hebrew heritage because they want every other human to be there, unfaithful, serving them as slaves.

Muslim don't need to convert when they can outbreed or kill your people over time.
>>
>Brazil
>Christian
>Connection with God, Christ, Holy Spirit, Angels, physic and spiritual protection.
>The problem are the fake christians, you can see a lot of them.
>How I explain it to others
The same >>17055376 said.
Almost everything exists, but regardless of their belief, Christ is up.
>>
>>17075228
>jews don't try to convert anyone but people of hebrew heritage because
jews don't try to convert because as long as someone follows the seven laws of noah, they are righteous in jewish eyes and will be going to the jewish version of heaven.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah

muslims probably do try to convert people but i've never personally come upon it, so my point still stands that you (or him) saying you've never met a muslim " that hasn't tried to shove their beliefs down my throat at some point" is just total bullshit.

and i don't see you complaining about the christian evangelism that is trying to take over america.
>>
>>17052769

> requests pagan thread
> uses pentagram image

Wiccafag detected

> country
USA! USA! USA!

> religion
Currently none, leaning towards Chaote, formerly Celtic recon

> favorite thing about it
Fits well with how I view the world, I take a very psychological view towards most magic.

In Celtic Recon, I liked stuff about Druidry and Celtic gods are best gods. Mananan is a bro.

> least favorite thing about it
The queers who are all "lol I do Poke magick"

In Celtic Recon, I hated people trying to bring all their SJW shit into it and also that people were acting like books full of conjecture about history was the solid truth of how anyone did anything... We know so little, and theories always change.

> how you explain it to others
I don't. Enjoy the silence, motherfuckers.
>>
Which is less bullshit: Gardnerian or Alexandrian wicca?
>>
>>17052769
>United States
>Christian
>Community, focus on love, and connection with the divine.
>Authoritarianism is where Christianity really goes bad, that and almost everyone only cares about what Paul said instead of listening to Jesus.

I'm in the minority here, but here's how I explain it:

>Christianity is about radical love, compassion, and acceptance above all else. To be Christian is to take the figure of Jesus, divine or not, as an ethical model for living.
>>
>>17073445
>They adhere to Christian morality
Rather, Christianity today adheres to pre-christian Western values and morals that largely come from Hellenism.

The only reason that 'Abrahamic' religions today have western values is that they were largely Hellenised to survive and be popular in western societies, but it took a long time and a lot of long and bloody struggles both with outside forces and internally for that to happen. For all of the Abrahamic faiths this is still going on, but for Islam its the most clear. With groups like ISIS showing off what many of the earlier religious radical groups that Christians are raised to look up to looked like to the outsiders at the time.

As an Atheist I find I have much more in common with the authors of 'pagan' works, than I do with the authors of the bible.
>>
>>17075958
Gardnerian came first, but they're both shit.
>>
>>17067655
>doesn't force opinions down your throat
Really?
>>
>Murrika
>"Nonspecific"
>Getting to cherry pick gods/rituals/holidays/etc that reflect your personal views on morality/ethics/life/etc and have fun doing things related to these mythical concepts.
>Having to assure people that it's basically playing pretend the same way people do about Santa or whatever while giving me some personal structure in how I approach life (the same way a Christian might use the teachings of their pastor less as the divine word from Sky King Yahweh and more as the advice of a counselor).
>I generally don't unless I'm asked to, at which point I mostly say what I said above but in a format that makes more sense.
>>
>>17075985
Sounds good. Have you looked into Marcionism? He was the leader of an early Christian sect, that espoused those ideas. They were the first ones to write Gospels as we know them today. Mark the first of the accepted gospels is actually an expanded version of a Marcionite text.

Basically Jesus freed of Yahwehist (old-testament) material. It was declared heresy because it was polytheistic, Marcion accepted that Yahweh existed, and that he wasn't a bad guy, but that the father of Jesus was a different previously unknown deity.
>>
>>17076029
I haven't, but I'm going to now. Thanks!
>>
>>17070881
Dude, she's Wiccan. The religion was made up like 60 something years ago by a hippie. Most occultists and pagans dislike Wiccans because they are incompetent. She won't support your Christian lifestyle because most occultists have a bad opinion of Christians.
My best advice is to just entertain her for now. There's no use in being a dick and ruining your relationship. She'll most likely grow out of it anyway.
>>
Don't know if this really fits.

>USA
>Hermetic
>Seems to have landed me my current job, which is WAY better than my old job
>Holy shit Franz Bardon's exercises are demanding as hell. This was so much easier before I had a job, now just finding the time to do it all is the challenge of the fucking century
>Implying I ever even discuss with anyone I actually know in real life
>>
>>17073445

The same morality that you seem to think originates in Abrahamic religion is also present in Chinese and Japanese folk religions, Greek and Roman paganism, and even Hindu polytheism (where the gods are many things but they are almost certainly not role models).

There are almost no cultures on Earth that think rape and/or murder are good things, for example. This is because a culture that allows murder to pass without punishment will soon find itself cripplingly underpopulated and soon extinct. Rape is also counterproductive from an evolutionary standpoint, as a sizeable proportion of rape victims will exhibit suicidal behaviors, and those who do not will exhibit psychological damage that will negatively impact their ability to raise any children they may bear.

The result is that both of these are bad for any culture trying to grow itself, and are punished accordingly.

The major Abrahamic sins can be justified as a bad thing in non-religious terms. The minor sins have an annoying tendency to be things that are actually right or righteous in principle but technically wrong.
>>
>>17074662
He's cool but He's changed his name.
>>
File: 1243995133211.jpg (23 KB, 345x391) Image search: [Google]
1243995133211.jpg
23 KB, 345x391
>>17071273
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_empires
not even on the fucking list.

> pacifist and reactionary
I'm sorry, I just guess your waiting to fight until there will be no repercussions on you, that doesn't make you a pacifist, it makes you a coward.

>Because i dont agree with your vision of being "right"?
Historically invalidated, scientifically unfounded, and at odds with reality. But no, yeah, all opinions are equal.

Can you guess who's culture dominates the world? Can you guess who's got the strongest military? Can you guess which currency is the world standard? Who's language are you speaking now?

The answer to all these question is not yours, because your people and you ancestors are shit tier.
>>
>>17052769
>US
>atheist
>get to sleep in on sundays
>there's not too many downsides, honestly

I just tell people that there's no more evidence of the Abrahamic god than any other god. Belief in Jesus or Allah is no different than belief in Zeus or Ra as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>17055709
If you haven't gone back to Reddit, please read Magic: White and Black by Franz Hartmann. Cannot say how much I respect this book.
>>
File: 1449139014454.png (91 KB, 318x289) Image search: [Google]
1449139014454.png
91 KB, 318x289
>>17061873
>>
>>17060667
Self-therapy for what, if you don't mind?
>>
>>17067551
So you were initiated? Do some people practice without being initiated?
>>
>>17077777
nice digits, afromaniac
>>
File: BY09 lg.jpg (196 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
BY09 lg.jpg
196 KB, 353x500
>>17077692
> that doesn't make you a pacifist
When did I say i was a pacifist? I'm waiting to fight when the fight comes to me, when your rainbow-ideology fails you and they start taking turns ;) I'm just watching you keks take everything your ancestors created and fuck it right in the ass.

>Historically invalidated, scientifically unfounded, and at odds with reality. But no, yeah, all opinions are equal.
Scientifically unfounded? Wow, care to elaborate how and opinion can be objectively "true"? I've been waiting for this epiphany my entire life. Go on... and Historically invalidated? How so? You think the 2good guys" of history weren't racist nationalist xenophobes only competing over power and falesly drawn to be "nice"? You really need to read some European history and especially about those "good guys". You'll find yourself seeing that people's alignment never really hold up towards some "universal ideal of good".

>Can you guess who's culture dominates the world?
Graeco-Roman, a combination of roman law and graeco-egyptian (Ptolemaian) science.

>Can you guess who's got the strongest military?
- Manpower: China
- Technology: USA, Europe, Japan
- Military tactics: Russia

>Can you guess which currency is the world standard?
The Petrodollar, thank the Rothschilds for that.. not the Americans.

>Who's language are you speaking now?
English (The language that originated form Scandinavia - West-Germany.. Saxony to be exact).

Everything you claim to be "yours" americunt is really just stolen culture. You are not and will ever be an ethnic unity, you're part of Europe and northern Europe to be exact. You're just a runaway viking with severe illusions about his ancestry.

If You talk the above language and are white (Aryan, not Mediterranean) you and I share the same "shit-tier" ancestors.. wake up, retard.

My ancestors build the culture you're a part of, faggot. Remember that when you're celebrating Yule this "Christmas".
>>
>>17078479
not the guy you've been arguing with, just figured i'd throw in my two cents.

>- Manpower: China
China is number 2 bud, 1.25 million soldiers. the US beats them out with 1.29 million soldiers(grunts that is, we hit 3.5 million if we count everyone)

>- Military tactics: Russia
you mean the country that couldn't gain air superiority over a country that didn't have an air force?

>English (The language that originated form Scandinavia - West-Germany.. Saxony to be exact).

actually, only a small portion of English came from the Saxons. it also incorporates Latin, Gaelic, Briton, and Frankish. besides that point the reason English is one of the common languages of the world is because of 'merica.

>Everything you claim to be "yours" americunt is really just stolen culture.

not true, as culture follows a given group to a given area, changes, and develops into its own culture. there IS an American culture, whether you choose to admit it or not.

>You are not and will ever be an ethnic unity

I'm not trying to join a unified ethnicity. I don't give a shit about all that.

>You are not and will ever be an ethnic unity, you're part of Europe and northern Europe to be exact.

where my ancestors are from does not define where I am from nor to whom I owe my loyalty.

>You're just a runaway viking with severe illusions about his ancestry.

actually, I'm a runaway Englishman who doesn't let his ancestry dictate his actions.

>If You talk the above language and are white (Aryan, not Mediterranean) you and I share the same "shit-tier" ancestors.

nope, you claim Scandinavian ancestors, I claim Anglo-Saxon ancestors.
>>
Hmm...
Pagan gods are only primary angels, they're powerful but... You know...
>>
>>17061566
Tell me more.
>>
Who else just believes in wiccan shit for fun and aesthetics?
>>
>>17061566
I'd like to know more. Do you know any good books explaining your beliefs? or similar ones?
>>
>>17052769
USA.
Wicca.
Connection with nature and the divine.
Negative connotation within society.
I don't. Religion is something very personal to me and I do not trouble my peers with my religion.
>>
>>17080102
That's how it starts. Then before you know it you're an actual full-fledged witch. Just like 10 year old boys are just taking looky loos around google at naked ladies and then eventually they are full blown porn addicts. Or something like that.
>>
>>17067247

This bait is insulting.
>>
>>17079463
I dunno, odins pretty powerful. You don't see any Ice giants around anymore do ya?
>>
>>17066046
Sounds like you know your stuff. Can you suggest any good websites or reading material besides the Homeric stories and all the other surviving ancient texts, etc?

Tell of some of your UGEs. I wish I had some to share. Maybe someday.
>>
>>17075819
the pentagram originated in ancient sumeria for its first appearance in the historical record, friend. since then its been well travelled and shared between many cultures. wicca doesnt own it. they inherited it and gave it a central place as their symbol.
>>17084788
[email protected]
also the chaldean oracles, iamblichus' On the Mysteries, and the Orphic Cosmogony. there are plenty of pdfs and commentaries on all of them. i recommend the works of ruth majercik and g.r.s. mead on the subject matter :3
>>
File: image.jpg (307 KB, 2024x1497) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
307 KB, 2024x1497
>>17084788
as for UGEs ive had good experiences from scrying after a few invocations and im still working on refining the precision and scope of what spirits i contact. its mostly been elementals for it for me so far by that method.
aside from that ive had a few visions where i wasnt completely lost to them but simply saw it discernably overlapping spacetime, with the understanding that they werent manifesting physically but instead were showing orojections of themselves in my mind ( the mind being the closest thing in the material realm to the spirit realm. and much simpler than manifesting a bunch of particles of material to make a body and then having to worry about what to do with them after ). if you look up the guardian daimon ive been in touch with mine for a douple years and gone through the experience of it being a very loose connection and rudimantary to it being an active dialogue and unspoken communication now.
its been an incredible experience so far, especially with the knowledge that not only anyone can do this but the paths im following arent even all the ones that lead there :3
>>
>>17077048
I meant more their raging hard on for equality which comes from Thomism but I stopped reading after you said rape has no evolutionary purposeS
>>
>Pagans
>Outside of Scandanavia/Northern Europe

lol take a hike or go to hell you mental sickos
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 491x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 491x491
>>17085763
>Anyone who doesn't follow an Abrahamic religion is mentally ill
>>
File: dotz15.08.06-01_wa.jpg (24 KB, 408x360) Image search: [Google]
dotz15.08.06-01_wa.jpg
24 KB, 408x360
>Israel
>Judaism
>Great people, military, food, attractions
>hot as fuck
>"We don't kill palestinian children for fun"
>>
>>17052769
US
None
I don't talk about it with most people. I'm not defined by my lack of faith and I'm not out to convert anyone so discussing it would be pointless.

Faith in general is way too personal to be talked about. The vast majority of people are pretty set in their ways spiritually and by the time they are old enough to rationally discuss they've had the big questions answered. Or like me they don't ponder shit like death since it's as inevitable as eating again or sleeping.
>>
Sweden
Thursatru paralleled with Theistic Satanism (Qlipoth and etc).
To me it works, provides results and is what called me.
None really.
I don't.
>>
File: 1431986397622.jpg (52 KB, 546x613) Image search: [Google]
1431986397622.jpg
52 KB, 546x613
>>17071234
im intrested can you tell me more? like some source to get more info or some details to how do you practice it?
>>
>UK
>Agnostic
>Calling out everyone on trying to understand higher powers which might not want to be understood and we might lack the capacity to understand.
>Being told 'You don't believe in anything'
>I'm agnostic, I have absolved myself of the stupid discussion of religion. Only when asked.
>>
>>17084420
Yes. But you don't.
>>
>>17079648
Well. What do you want to know?

>>17081382
Heroes of the Dawn (Book over known mythology.)

The Secret Teachings of All Ages (has a chapter dedicated to explaining the Druidic mystery schools.)

Then a book called "The Celts: Uncovering the Mythic and Historic Origins of Western Culture"

I've read some, or all of the three. But my main source of info is just doing my own research online and talking to Neo-Druids (who I do not agree with on many things, but they are very nice people...usually.)
>>
>>17086970
Odin? All-father have you returned to us? Have the ice giants returned? Should we be preparing for Ragnarok ready to die in glorious battle?
>>
USA
ABRASAX
NO SUCH THING AS GOOD OR EVIL
CONFUSING AS FUCK
"ALL IS ONE"
>>
>>17087062
That's what they want you to think.
>>
File: Reaction561.png (102 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Reaction561.png
102 KB, 512x512
>>17087077
>>
>>17065751
you put pluto in there instead of uranus?
>>
>>17087086
You're not a very good magician.
>>
>>17065751
You got my full attention,
What are your rituals?
Do you have any holiday (i.e. christmas)?
Have you an esoteric system (i.e. quabbalah for jews)?
The Oct Opus you're talking about is some kind of bible?
>>
>>17067709
Most of Yogsothothery has rituals that implies human or animal sacrifices.
>>
>>17075178
Go back to /v/
>>
Can a person without german/north european blood worship the norse gods? Like a latin person (spanish, portuguese, italian...)
>>
>>17087937
I suppose yes...
>>
>>17087062
this makes me smile :3
Abrasax is so little known and underrated these days and im glad the tradition is still alive :)
>>
>>17085059
Thanks! Where the Hecate do you get PDFs and commentaries on that stuff?
I tried that email but no response.
>>
>>17087986
i just saw it now. we' ll talk :3
>>
US
Wiccan but I hate most other wiccans
The bond with nature
The edgy teens who pretend to be wicca
I just say I'm pagan
>>
>>17071110

+info plz
>>
> Brazil
> Umbandist
> The mediuniship contact with our spiritual guides
> The 24 hours precept
> its a junction of spiritism, candomble (a african religion) and christianism
>>
What's so bad about lokeans? i just found it exist because of this post but why do people hate them?
>>
File: 220px-VeveBaronSamedi.svg.png (11 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
220px-VeveBaronSamedi.svg.png
11 KB, 220x165
>>17078096
I wasn't initiated, but I did have family backround, my aunt practiced voodou. She was your typical voodou lady in new orleans.
Certainly, a lot of people practice without being initiated.
>>
>>17071234
>Thanotheatic
only google result is your post

anon please
>>
What's the best book on paganism?
>>
>>17052769
>Canada
>LaVeyan Satanist
>It's basically a religion of freedom and self-empowerment
>Nothing I dislike about it
>It's basically a religion of freedom and self-empowerment
>>
File: large.png (213 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
large.png
213 KB, 500x482
>>17090668
Except it's a book written by a kike to make money.
It's basically individualism wrapped with the image of satan to sell copies.
>>
>>17090689
If the idea was to make money, LaVey would have written something much more appealing to the mainstream. Instead, he wrote something misanthropic and esoteric.
>>
>>17088639
Lokean here.

The criticisms are mostly around the fact that paying positive attention to Loki, other than a few random people in the 80s, didn't really take off until after the Avengers and shit.

The ones who get involved because Marvel first inspired them are almost always utterly insufferable. No research on the lore, just plain make shit up that you're not allowed to argue with because MUH UPG. Everyone is "married" to Loki and then conveniently forgets these claims when they get bored and move on. The goddamn ASTRAL BABIES. Spongecake day.

Unsurprisingly most Lokeans congregate on Tumblr. I'm practically solitary with a tiny handful of people I befriended back in the day and I vastly prefer it that way. My spiritual practice vastly improved.
>>
>>17090799
I was born in battles fire and lain besides my mother corpse. My toys the ravens of the field, my lullaby the screams of horse.

Odin saw me on the field and recognized his bastard son. There he claimed me for his own, heir to all that he had won.

I am the sliest of the gods and fire is the gift I gave. I am swifter than the wind and none can match the tricks I've played.

What is the honor they give me? Denied a seat in Odin's hall, forbidden fruit from IĆ°unn's tree and cast outside of Asgard's walls.

So sit besides the fires gleam and count the wrongs that I have born. I wait for Ragnarok and dream. Hark is that the battles horn?

But when that storm god you all praise walks the earth and shatters trees you huddle close beside my gift, and whisper prayers beside the spit. As the wood smoke turns and twists you owe your lives to sly Loki.
>>
>>17090700
He cornered a market of neckbeards you fucking moron.
Christ, you LaVeyans act like there aren't 200 million other pretentious twats that don't have the balls to say they believe in nothing, Lebowski
>>
Alright does anyone know some name of priest like figures in pagan religions.

Like shamans or druids.
>>
>>17052769
>land of the barely free
>Celtic pagan(though losing faith)
>its part of my heritage, im welsh and irish.
>you have to be so controlled
>i just explain a little and move on.
>>
File: 1449427871898.png (23 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1449427871898.png
23 KB, 500x294
>>17053841
the only pagans i know that are like that, are the ones that spend a ton of fucking time on /x/, sorta like you faggot.
>>
>>17061566
greetings from new york, i almost never see any other celtic pagans.
>>
>>17073622
my whole family is Christian, the conversation inevitably comes up. its a shame only my father gets the point of "spreading the word of god" is to tell people about it and not force it upon them.
>>
>>17091777
Right?
>>
> portugal
> laveyan satanism
> scare people wearing pentagrams
> people assuming you are evil
> as the worship of yourself as a god
>>
File: Real niggas.jpg (62 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Real niggas.jpg
62 KB, 960x720
>>17071187
Bump for a fellow Stoic.
>>
>>17090689
It's a parody of organized religion and a satire of faith. But he acted so serious about it and public perception of Satan and Satanism was so negative that very few people understood what he was getting at.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.