[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The /x/ Files, Issue Four
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: all-seeing-eye.png (7 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
all-seeing-eye.png
7 KB, 400x300
Greetings, and welcome to The /x/ Files, the weekly news digest for 4chan's Paranormal board. Every Sunday, we take a quick snapshot of the mysterious world around us and bring it, in an easily readable magazine format, to the board. I am The Editor, the anonymous creator of this idea and collector of the news that will be following below. In the interests of legitimacy, I will be using a secure tripcode to post the thread; once the posts are completed, I will take the tripcode off and return to my anonymity.

This week in the news, the continuing story of the previously hidden possible hidden chambers in King Tut's tomb, the discorvery of a sunken treasure galleon worth billions, mysterious geoglyphs, and evidence of an ancient Biblical king discovered. Also featuring the roundup of the big three paranormal radio shows, and a newly expanded Podcasts section! The weather is getting cold, let's cozy up with Issue Four of The /x/ Files!

Table of Contents:
1: Paranormal News of the Week
2: Radio Show Roundup
3: Paranormal Podcasts
4: Editor's Note
>>
Paranormal News of the Week

Egypt says 90 percent chance of hidden rooms in King Tut's tomb

Egypt on Saturday said there is a 90 percent chance that hidden chambers will be found within King Tutankhamun's tomb, based on the preliminary results of a new exploration of the 3,300-year-old mausoleum. Egypt began the search for the hidden chamber last week. British Egyptologist Nicholas Reeves theorizes that King Tut, who died at the age of 19, may have been rushed into an outer chamber of what was originally Nefertiti's tomb. Famed for her beauty, Nefertiti was the subject of a famous 3,300-year-old bust. Announcing the results of three days of testing in the southern city of Luxor, Antiquities Minister Mamdouh el-Damaty said the findings will be sent to Japan for a monthlong analysis before the search is resumed.

Full Story: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-tut-tomb-hidden-rooms-nefertiti-20151129-story.html

Huge Geometric Shapes in Middle East May Be Prehistoric

Thousands of stone structures that form geometric patterns in the Middle East are coming into clearer view, with archaeologists finding two wheel-shaped patterns date back some 8,500 years. That makes these "wheels" older than the famous geoglyphs in Peru called Nazca Lines. And some of these giant designs located in Jordan's Azraq Oasis seem to have an astronomical significance, built to align with the sunrise on the winter solstice. Those are just some of the findings of new research on these Middle East lines, which were first encountered by pilots during World War I. RAF Flight Lt. Percy Maitland published an account of them in 1927 in the journal Antiquity, reporting that the Bedouin called the structures "works of the old men," a name still sometimes used by modern-day researchers.

Full Story: http://www.livescience.com/52944-huge-geometric-shapes-in-middle-east-revealed.html
>>
Biblical King's seal discovered in dump site

A dump site is the last place you would expect to find an 8th century B.C. seal for a papyrus document signed by one of the kings of Judah. Perhaps that's why it has taken 2,700 years for the piece of clay inscribed with King Hezekiah's seal to be discovered in Jerusalem. It is believed to be the first-ever seal from an Israeli or Judean King to be discovered by archaeologists. "The seal of the king was so important. It could have been a matter of life or death, so it's hard to believe that anyone else had the permission to use the seal," Said Eilat Mazar, director of the excavation. "Therefore, it's very reasonable to assume we are talking about an impression made by the King himself, using his own ring. This the greatest single item I have ever found," added Mazar -- a third generation archaeologist.

Full Story: http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/03/middleeast/king-hezekiah-royal-seal/index.html

Fungus could drive bananas to extinction

The study in the scientific journal PLOS Pathogens predicts bananas will be made extinct by a fungus called Panama disease. There is no known way to eradicate, or even slow, the strain of the deadly fungus called Tropical Race 4. While the disease has been plaguing the earth since the 1960s, it has been largely contained to East Asia and Southeast Asia. However, in recent years, it has started jumping continents — which means it’s just a matter of time before it reaches Latin America, where more than three-fifths of the planet’s exported bananas are grown. In other words, the days of the iconic yellow fruit are numbered.

Full Story: http://qz.com/559579/the-worlds-favorite-fruit-is-slowly-but-surely-being-driven-to-extinction/
>>
Major Indian city underwater for almost a month

It has not stopped raining in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu for almost a month, throwing normal life out of gear. The state’s capital, Chennai - home to offices of large IT companies - is among the most affected areas. The city is witnessing its worst rains in 100 years. In recent weeks, cars have sunk, roads caved, and flights delayed. On Dec. 1, the army was deployed in two areas of Chennai to start rescue operations. Two columns of the Garrison Infantry Battalion are at work at Tambaram and Oorapakkam areas of Chennai, following the state government’s request for military assistance. The navy is also on stand-by.

Full Story: http://qz.com/562779/a-major-indian-city-has-been-under-water-for-almost-a-month-now/

Long lost galleon San Jose found off Colombia

Described as the holy grail of shipwrecks, the galleon San Jose was carrying a cargo overflowing with gold, silver and emeralds when it was sunk by a British warship in 1708 in the Caribbean Sea, close to the walled port city of Cartagena. It was part of the fleet of King Philip V as he fought the English during the War of Spanish Succession. The hunt for the San Jose has already been a long legal saga over how the booty should be split between the Colombian government and an American company based in Bellevue, Washington. Sea Search Armada, a group of U.S. investors engaged in marine salvaging, claims it found the site of the San Jose in 1981 and contends the Colombia government has been trying "to illegally confiscate SSA's finds." It is thought that the ship's contents could be worth between $4 and $17 billion.

Full Story: http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/05/americas/colombia-spanish-galleon-san-jose-found/
>>
File: Coast.png (200 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Coast.png
200 KB, 512x512
Radio Show Roundup

Coast to Coast AM with George Noory

Monday: New Ice Age/ETs & the 'New Human'

In the first half, entrepreneur and investor Scott Yarbrough discussed why he believes the changes in the sun cycles now have Earth entering an ice age, and outlined what we can do to prepare for the coming changes. In the latter half, writer Lana Marconi and spiritual teacher Sanda Kyrzakos talked about their new film project, The Resonance, which explores how humanity is at a tipping point.

Tuesday: Cyber Attack/Geopolitical Conspiracies

In the first half, former anchor and managing editor of ABC News Nightline, Ted Koppel, revealed that a devastating cyberattack on America's power grid is not only possible but likely and that the United States is shockingly unprepared. In the latter half, political scientist Joel Skousen addressed how events in the Middle East could be a prelude to WWIII.

Wednesday:

(Editor's Note: Due to my personal ethics, I will not actively document or publicise any news stories in regards to anti-vaccination. You may find the synopsis of this night's program at http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2015/12/02 )

Thursday: Secret Nazi Empire

Author and researcher Steve Quayle discussed his latest work uncovering why much of what we know about World War II and the defeat of Nazi Germany is wrong. He contends that Nazi SS members, scientists, and soldiers escaped with Hitler to create colonies in other parts of the world such as South America and Antarctica, and continued their monstrous research.

Friday: Superheroes & Monster Hunters/Open Lines

Author Tea Krulos is a regular contributor to publications such as the Riverwest Currents, M magazine, Fortean Times, and the Shepherd Express. He joined George Noory in the first half of the program to discuss his research into real life superheroes and monster hunters. Open lines followed.
>>
File: Midnight.jpg (46 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Midnight.jpg
46 KB, 640x360
Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell

Monday: Ken Gerhard – Flying Humanoids

Ken Gerhard is a widely recognized cryptozoologist and field investigator for The Centre for Fortean Zoology as well as a fellow of the Pangea Institute and consultant for several anomalous research organizations. He has traveled the world searching for evidence of mysterious animals and legendary beasts including Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, the Chupacabra, enigmatic winged creatures and even werewolves.

Tuesday: Todd Robbins – The Master of the Macabre

Todd Robbins is a New York City based performer and creative artist who has spent decades specializing in arcane forms of popular entertainment, offbeat amusements and intriguing deceptions.

Wednesday: Sally Vander Veer – Legal Marijuana

Sally Vander Veer is the President of Medicine Man – one of the largest and most successful marijuana cultivation dispensaries in Colorado. She, along with nine of her family members, including Andy Williams, CEO, and Pete Williams, COO, are passionate about growing high quality marijuana in a consistent, compliant and cost-efficient way.

Thursday: Linda Moulton Howe - The Chilbolton Crop Circle (Rebroadcast)

Friday: Open Lines
>>
File: Other Side.jpg (59 KB, 790x408) Image search: [Google]
Other Side.jpg
59 KB, 790x408
The Other Side of Midnight with Richard Hoagland

Monday: David Livingston

Dr. David Livingston is the founder and host of “The Space Show,” the nation’s only talk radio program exclusively focusing on space commerce, space tourism, and facilitating our becoming a space-fairing economy and society.

Tuesday: Richard Spence

Dr. Richard B. Spence is a Professor of History at the University of Idaho. His special interests include modern Russian, military, espionage and occult history and the history of anti-Semitism.

Wednesday: Joseph Farrell (Rebroadcast)

Thursday: Open Lines

Friday: Gordon Asher Davidson

Gordon Asher Davidson has a long career of active leadership in social change institutions and movements, while simultaneously pursuing a deep, inner meditative life. His experience includes co-founding Sirius, a spiritual/environmental community, founding and co-directing the Center for Visionary Leadership, and offering many clients worldwide deep spiritual guidance and transformational consulting for over 20 years.
>>
File: Podcasts.jpg (182 KB, 1054x1157) Image search: [Google]
Podcasts.jpg
182 KB, 1054x1157
Paranormal Podcasts

Last Podcast on the Left: Leonard Lake and Charles Ng Part I: Operation Brownie Pockets

It’s two of America’s lesser known serial killers this week as we cover Leonard Lake and Charles Ng, partners in crime who tortured and murdered up to 25 men, women, and children over just one year in the early eighties. There’s also a unicorn.

Link: http://cavecomedyradio.com/podcast-episode/leonard-lake-and-charles-ng-part-i-operation-brownie-pockets/

Paranormal Podcast: In Search of The Paranormal

Paranormal researcher Richard Estep takes us behind the scenes from exploring the Tower of London to investigating a haunted theater on this edition of The Paranormal Podcast.

Link: http://jimharold.com/in-search-of-the-paranormal-paranormal-podcast-409/

The Paracast: December 6th, 2015

Gene and Chris present Joshua Cutchin, author of “A Trojan Feast: The Food and Drink Offerings of Aliens, Faeries, and Sasquatch.”

Link: http://www.theparacast.com/

Mysterious Universe: 14.23

This week Frances Kermeen joins us to tell the story of the Myrtles, a twenty-eight-room Louisiana bed-and-breakfast with a dark and violent history.

Link: http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/12/14-23-mu-podcast/

Expanded Perspectives: Mysterious Monoliths of Japan

Cam talks about the mysterious monoliths of Asuka Nara Japan known as “Masuda No Iwafune.” Also 15 astounding technologies that DARPA is currently working on right now, the strange new legalities of asteroid mining, and more on the Expanded Universe podcast.

Link: http://www.expandedperspectives.com/mysterious-monoliths-of-japan-2/

Skeptoid: Updated - Top 10 Worst Anti-Science Web Sites

A few years ago on this show, I gave a list of the top ten web sites that promoted the worst bad science, as a resource for those hoping to stand up to such web links. Times change, sites come and go, rise and ebb, and we're ready for an update.

Link: https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4495
>>
File: editors-note.png (10 KB, 380x141) Image search: [Google]
editors-note.png
10 KB, 380x141
I'd like to thank the community for really starting to gather around this magazine. You guys are terrific. We can build a better /x/ if we really put the effort out there. As always, suggestions are welcomed. I nearly doubled the size of the Podcasts section thanks to suggestions from you anons. I'd also like to announce that I do have something in the works for an archive of older issues. For now, you can read the previous issue here:
Issue Three: http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17023224/

Also, I'd like to give a big shout out to MothDan. This guy's been promoting me like crazy all over /x/ and I'd like to return the favor. You can find the latest episode of his podcast here:
Part One: https://youtu.be/AI7hlrbUxx0
Part Two: https://youtu.be/8R67W80HFqQ

Lastly, if you have something you'd like to contribute to the magazine, all I ask is that you put on a tripcode when you post it below. If you plan on having a weekly column, make it a secure trip like the one I use so readers can know from week to week who's writing what. I would like to think this gets popular enough that I can have a group of regular contributors, but that requires a level of commitment that a lot of people don't have on 4chan. We'll see what happens in the future.

Until Next Time
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 354x556) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 354x556
>>
I'm sitting on a few hundred pages of un-released spirit channeling session transcripts from the Facet of Divinity church that I inherited from my mother who just died. Would you be interested in that?
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 1377x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 1377x676
>>17051104
>>
>>17051104
Probably not as a dump, but maybe some choice passages

Here's to a month of spooky news
>>
Goddamn, /x/ is still sucking shit. An entire months worth of these threads and it sinks to the bottom of the pile like a stone.
>>
I very much appreciate these threads OP
Keep up the good work
>>
Thanks OP!
>>
>>17051104
Sure, upload it somewhere.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.