[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else suffer from sleep paralyzing VERY often? What do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
Anyone else suffer from sleep paralyzing VERY often? What do you do to stop it?! If it doesn't happen then it wont happen but if it does then it happens 4-5 times a night. Help /x !
>>
>>17049050
No.

I do have these recurring dreams where I stand over people I don't know when they are in bed.
>>
>>17049050
I try to relax and go back to sleep if I don't stop breathing.
If I stop breathing, it's just panic until I wake up.
Deep breathing as soon as you realize you're awake helps fully wake you up if you need to.
You should probably see a neurologist.
>>
It happens to me when I fall asleep without "preparing." Meaning going through the routine of winding down, taking off my clothes, crawling into bed, etc. Like if I unexpectedly pass out in some weird position on the couch it has a chance of happening.

I've never been so scared as when it first happened. Since then I've been able to recognize when it's happening. My trick is to calm down, relax, realize that I'm not suffocating (I usually feel like I am when it happens), and just slowly try to sort of "will" control over my body again. Generally what happens is I just fall back asleep from relaxing and then wake up "normal."
>>
Not anymore but when I was 11 all the way till 15 I had sleep paralysis every single fucking day non stop.

How did I stop it? I decided to go to a catholic church, and the priest gave me a blessing. Afterwards I had another hallucination but this time in shrilled in pain when it touched me. It broke my trance and dissapeared. Haven't had reoccurring events like before but they still happen from time to time
>>
>>17049539
usually my first instinct is panic so I try to scream. I have replaced the screaming with heavy breathing. First time it happened was 5th grade. Will never forget me thinking it HAD to be real and staying up for the rest of the night.
>>
Had a similar situation a few years ago. It was happening nearly as frequently then as well.

To make a long story short I eventually got fed up with it and mentally prepared myself each night. Basically coaching myself to ignore the instant terror and dread (not to mention paralysis) and get as angry as possible and try and lunge at the shadow figure(s). Eventually I managed to and ever since then, I rarely have sleep paralysis.

I'm pretty sure it isn't anything supernatural, but more as if I overcame some subconscious fear. Hell if I know, best of luck OP.
>>
Also try sleeping on your side if you don't already
It happens WAY more often for me when I'm on my back
>>
>>17049050
YES, I do. Finaly someone like me to talk to, Goddamn!
>>
>>17050282
My trick is bed cover over my head, not a single dose of light, facing the wall. I mean REALLY facing the wall to the point where I can lick it.

Sometimes it gets physical tho, that I can't help it.
>>
I wake up, I DO NOT open my eyes. The first thing I do is immediately wiggle my toes, and from there my feet, then fingers, arms, etc. I also hold my breath; and if that fails, I pray to God (this last one helps a lot).
>>
It happened quite a bit ever since I was 15 (30 now).

At first it was terrifying, but over the last few years I've tried to talk to whatever entities tend to apoear.
>>
>>17050348
*appear
>>
>>17050349
Sleep deprivation, anxiety and sudden sobriety are the things you call "entities".

It's just you mind playing games.
>>
File: 1443114585831.jpg (5 KB, 250x208) Image search: [Google]
1443114585831.jpg
5 KB, 250x208
>>17049071
>Tfw sleep murderer
>>
>>17049050
putting all my faith into jesus christ himself , rid me of any onset of sleep paralysis , also while dreaming and waking up but my surroundings is weird i know im under attack so i snap out of it quickly to "wake up for real" happens rarely , still eerie everytime it happens.
>>
>>17049050
OP, just stop sleep depriving yourself. Ez.
>>
>>17049050
Try drinking more water, I once had this problem. Many common /x/ related issues are dehydration. Such as lights flicker and other hallucinations
>>
>>17050593
I second this. Dehydration is a key factor to a lot of explainable things.

Weed can also help prevent dreams in certain people. It can block your brain from entering the 3rd rem cycle. That's why soldiers smoke, to prevent ptsd.
>>
>>17050607
I was 80kgs and dehydrated (norm110kgs) almost having dehydration strokes. Take hydration serious, you don't need to be thirsty, and your piss can be clear. With our sedimentary lifestyle it's not hard to be dangerously sick
>>
generally banish fear from your life. a lot of those "crazy pagan witchcraft practitioners" aren't technically doing magic, but they're affecting their subconscious to the point where it seems magical.
>>
Happens to me really often.. Easiest way to wake up is to change your breathing pattern for some times (accelerate/decelerate/take one deep breath and two short ones and repeat) , I've heard it is the fastest way to tell your brain you are awake. After you wake up try not to fall asleep for some minutes but "fully" wake up: get up and drink some water/ wash your face. If I fall asleep shortly after an attack it is almost guaranteed I'll have another one.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.