[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grave Robbers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: pineold2.jpg (91 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
pineold2.jpg
91 KB, 640x480
So on the news tonight I was reminded that this is, in fact, apparently still a thing.

Some degenerate fucks hit a 19th century graveyard in Worcester Massachusetts and actually stole bodies from a mausoleum. I live within driving distance of this place. Should I be worried that inbred Satanists are running around? I still can't wrap my head around WHY people steal dead bodies from cemeteries. Are they necrophiles or do they plan to sell them or some shit?

Also, share any of your own stories I guess.
>>
>>17048731

well unfortunately, you're not in the ground so you have nothing to worry about you faggot
>>
>>17048731
>Are they necrophiles or do they plan to sell them or some shit?

Nope. Many old corpses have gold fillings in teeth, jewelry, shit like that.
>>
File: spookyscaryghost.gif (1018 KB, 193x211) Image search: [Google]
spookyscaryghost.gif
1018 KB, 193x211
>>17048731
To some people, money is more sacred than shriveled-up corpses in the ground.
>>
>>17048987
I always thought grave robbing would be fun. Here in Texas at least, there are tons of old cemeteries way out in BFE off old country roads no one uses. Show up near sun down, dig up a few graves from the 1850s or whatever and see if there's anything valuable. If the bodies are still there, which may or may not be the case. By the time anyone ever goes out there again it'll be 50 more years and the ground will look normal again.

Besides, what do some dead fucks need with their gold and silver anyway? If I get lucky and hit some bombass rings and fillings I won't even need to dig that many. If the graves are old enough it'll just be a few bones, I don't think those old coffins can last more than a few decades.
>>
>>17048731
Saw this too.

Guy was a head priest practicing santaria sp?

If you just play the sublime song over and over u should be fine

>sublime is to santaria like garlic is to vampires
>>
>>17049253
This. Sounds like a bit of giggle to me, as long as you're targeting graves so old there's no chance that little Suzy will be going to see grampa and see what you did. Woe betide you, though, if you are caught.
>>
>>17049398
>santaria sp?
Santeria.
>>
>>17049253
I agree, as long as the graves are super old and family isn't around to be offended it could be a good time.
>>
File: 1423740928907.png (36 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1423740928907.png
36 KB, 300x300
grave robbing is metal as fuck
>>
>>17049421
>>17049446
My biggest concern would be getting caught by the police. I don't know what the punishment is for grave robbing, but I assume it's pretty serious. Plus I'd get treated like shit by everyone for being a fucking grave robber. I'd need to find a way to sell the gold, I feel like taking a tooth with a filling in it to a pawnshop would be frowned upon.

I'd also need to do research into any plots I intend to dig up. A lot of the small cemeteries around here are small, old family plots that probably were on some ranch property. There's a good chance remains were removed and brought to a regular cemetery as descendants sold land and moved closer to cities. It'd suck to spend 4 hours digging up a grave only to find there wasn't even a body there.

But those old cemeteries are always so interesting to visit. It links back area area to an earlier time and makes you wonder what life was like for the people buried below. Same goes for abandoned homes or barns as well I suppose. The physical links to the past are always much more interesting.
>>
>>17048731
Do you know Steven West? Just curious since you live in that area?
>>
>>17048731
I'm always surprised at least once a day here on /x/. Today it was people professing their excitement and justification for grave robbing.

Anyway if they took the whole bodies then yeah thats pretty weird. People want to steal skulls all the time just to keep though, its a big problem in the Paris catacomb tours.

We had a lot of defacing incidents awhile back, spray painting and even smashing headstones with hammers, which is about as big of a faggot as you can be.

You sure showed that guy who died in 1905 who's the real badass now.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.