[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
we come up with original ideas for urban legends. if you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: 52771-Silent_Hill_(E)-17.jpg (278 KB, 799x600) Image search: [Google]
52771-Silent_Hill_(E)-17.jpg
278 KB, 799x600
we come up with original ideas for urban legends. if you guys have something good we could try to spread it.
>>
>>17042442
Believe it or not, killing yourself can actually result in your own death...
>>
>>17042442
The people that start fights/riots at Black Friday sales are actually government plants to reduce the poor/black population.
>>
>>17042442
4chan is responsible for a 400 million dollar loss in the gross domestic product in the last 7 years
>>
>>17042586
I like this one
>>
>>17042442

What if there was something like, some kind of entity/thing that appeared in selfies if the taker said a certain thing at a certain time? Something like that, where its easily accessible I guess.
>>
>>17042586
Lets do this
>>
>>17042816
that also seems interesting
>>
>>17042627
>>17042827
maybe begin with the Wall Street Journal´s discovery in 2008 that m00t is the mastermind behind 4chan
>>
>>17042489
This one is actually real. When I first tried it I was sceptical but in the first 30 I could see it growing in length and grierth.
>>
>>17042816
that sounds more like something i´d expect from this board (=
maybe this could be really good if it includes some kind of ritual taht fucks up the lighting or something that there is a high possibility that the picture looks fucked up
>>
These things are sort of hard to just come up with. It's like trying to come up with a hit song; an urban legend that really 'sticks' just has some unmistakable 'it' factor that can't be simply thought into being.

Here's a thread that's maybe worth pursuing: a website that people visit to talk about travel and vacations. The posters on the site seem super friendly to newbies; they claim to be from all over the world, they offer to host the newbies in their homes when travelling for super cheap, they earn their confidence, add them on FB, etc. Eventually a few of them end up visiting people from the forum and inevitably end up disappearing, turning up in strange places, like deep web snuff shows, or as meat in one of those chinese restaurants with the notoriously poor quality control.

I think this has a few elements that would make it a good modern urban legend. It's based on the internet, which is obviously the zeitgeist, and travel, which is pretty big these days too... And of course the deep web.
>>
>>17042442

Then it's not an urban legend. Why not start looking into discovering actual urban legends from different areas instead of making up retarded bullshit? You namefags are fucking morons.
>>
>>17043050
>calling anonymous posters morons
>>
>>17043050
Fun things are fun, Onee-san.
>>
The vet who went to the Chinese restaurant and recognised that was a dog microchip in with the shredded duck.
>>
>>17043088

But not paranormal in the least. This board is retarded.
>>
>>17043196
>not paranormal
Lurk more, desu.
>>
>>17043027
Or maybe something similar to this, but with one poster showing up claiming to be from a country nobody has heard of before.

Shop up some pics of passports and shit that they apparently posted, travel photos of unidentifiable landmarks that are apparently world-famous, etc. etc.

I dunno, I was just reading about the Taured guy and it got me kinda interested.
>>
>>17042983
If you call the name of your deceased relatives while in your dark bathroom, you can see their spirit when you take a selfie with flash on. Check for orbs!
>>
i just wrote this myself. tell me what you guys think!

I used to love the sound of the wind howling against my windows, but then i remembered my basement doesn't have any...
>>
If you go up to the twin peaks view point in san francisco at 3:00 am you'll run into the ghosts of the twin peaks stranglers victims
>>
We have an urban legend here Sacramento cali there's a haunted road named dyers lane in too Linda apparently it's haunted by the spirit of a sheriff who was killed their it's also believed to be a meeting place for I'll members and Satanists I drive through in the day time and there's nothing but trash busted houses and graffiti ranging from kill all niggers too hail satan
>>
>>17043302
if they light candles and blow them out just before taking the picture maybe the smoke could look like something. or does someone know what else could fuck up the selfie?
>>
worth a bump
>>
a ylyl thread so funny if kills whoever posts last on it. nobody takes it seriously so everyone dies.
>>
>>17042886
don't forget that m00t won influential man of the year, just expand about how his influence never went away, but only grew from the shadows (typical of the man who founded 4chan)
>>
Black Knight satellite was a thing in the past now pepsi is doing something interesting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RmSKT-9u_A
>>
>>17047805
Yeah have photoshopped pictures of him with influential and rich people. Maybe bald or balding.
>>
>>17046164
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsW9DO1k5-s
>>
The Hamburger Lady, based on the song. Can also be said that the song was based on the urban legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTljpH7cfW8

A woman involved in a car crash was so severely burned and mangled that her face looks like hamburger meat. She can be heard wailing in the distance. It's said that if you see her walking around or towards you with a horrible twitching limp, you will also be involved in a fire.

She's said to stalk the woods and by the roads.
>>
File: 1448604217155.gif (2 MB, 530x300) Image search: [Google]
1448604217155.gif
2 MB, 530x300
>>17042442
>there was a thing that happened
>at a specific, spooky at night, place
>it only happens at night.
>no one goes there because of it. Definitely not because there's no reason to.

Ground work done, u guys do the rest
>>
File: Antique-rocker_1.jpg (95 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Antique-rocker_1.jpg
95 KB, 640x480
My cousin's ex-girlfriend once bought this this old antique rocking chair, basically looked like pic related. She saw it on Craigslist and thought it looked really cute -- she was way into antiques. She got rid of it by now -- she sold it to someone else on Craigslist. See, well... this chair was definitely haunted.

Being in the same room as it gave you a weird feeling; it made the air feel heavy, oppressive, and like someone is just glaring right at you. I brought my dog over to her house once, stopping by to visit, and the dog refused to enter that room. It just would not, and it would whimper and cry and do its best to run away if you tried to pull it.

Anyway, the chair would often just start rocking by itself. Especially when everyone was in a different room; it would just start loudly creaking. Also, at night, when cousin's ex went to sleep, she would hear loud footsteps and talking coming from the room.

Whenever anyone would try to sit on the chair, it would just... move, or just, they would always end up missing and hitting the floor. Then they would hear voices, like a whole room of people, viciously mocking and laughing at them. And anyone who slept in that house would have weird nightmares -- of trying to sit down, but then slipping and falling, and being horribly mocked, laughed at, insulted, spat on even, by a crowd of people with dead, evil-looking eyes. I slept over once, and had that nightmare; when I woke up, I had sore bruises where I fell in the dream.

I ended up doing some research, and apparently the chair a lot of suicides had been linked to the chair -- former owners would experience the nightmares, the failed sitting attempts, the mockery, and be driven to suicide. Luckily, cousin's ex sold it on Craigslist before it got to that point. I believe that the chair's victims -- those it drove to suicide -- had their souls absorbed into the chair, and remained trapped forever.
>>
>>17042816
>>17042874
>>17042983
How about using a certain app to take the picture and saying some chant or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 600x600
Heh

There was this one story my friend told me about how there used to be theese things right? That could put labels on things they used to sell them but not anymore see what you'd do was use the wheel to spell out the name of somthing and stick it in

Anyways he finds one of theese things in like a marshals or somthing and it pretty crappy looking but him and a mutual friend decides to go crazy Allan's label everything they see in sight like windows, or trees, or the neighbors car, lawnmowers

Next day everything that they labeled was destroyed in one way or another, for like no reason...

Spooked the hell outta my friend he still has it in storage somewhere but never used it again.
>>
I dreamed of a washing mashine with knives on it moving like a wheel, jumping up the stairs trying to kill me.

And of an ball that was 1x1 meters big looked like mars which flies and want's to destroy your head with bouncing on it.

Afterwards it destroys it'self the inside is like an egg.

But it will appear again.

I dreamed that all as a kid.

Than i always dreamed of a giant which rips the roof off and kills your father but only if it is an evil father.

The ball was named DonDon, the washing mashine Christopher, the giant Hauskaputter
(German for Housedestroyer) well, child german.

Oh and a black pearl, if you find it and touch it you will create millions of black holes in the atmosphere.

To remove them, you have to go inside your House, and all of the sudden a console will appear with weird mathematical symbols on it and you have to type in the formula than they will disapear.
>>
>>17049862
This is basically from a Goosebumps I read as a kid.

>kid gets camera
>takes pictures, kek
>pictures come out wrong (dent in car, or other things)
>later on, things in pictures come true (car gets in wreck next day)
>so on
>>
>>17049956
I'm not very good with names. I just came up with crum or cumfrombehind. Any better suggestions?
>>
>>17049989
Let's go with Crum.

There we go. Crum the masturbation demon who just runs at people and tries to jerk off all over them.
>>
>>17049956
Spaff.
>>
My vote goes for crum. Fucking genius.
>>
>>17049956
That is the absolute shit.

We need stories and greentexts of this thing.
>>
>>17050569
i have i feeling that this is bait but if there actually was something i would like to know.
>>
>>17049696
oh wow top kek
>tfw no ghost dick bestfriend to party with
>>
>>17050626
It was a dick monster IIRC.
>>
some say gmo's are a problem and the government is trying to dumb down the population with them

but in reality its the other way around and they are trying to activate the genius gene in people who dont have it active. its fairly recent data but what you eat affects your genes and can turn some off or on

the decline in standardized test scores in america predates gmos being distributed and a more recent up tick is after they have been distributed for a few years
>>
>>17049810
did every former owner write a review "this chair made me want to kill myself?
>>
>>17051010
Yes, actually. Or they just left a suicide note explaining that it was that fucking chair. Or they just up and killed themselves, or they gave away the chair within a month or two.
>>
File: tJiZIyV.png (66 KB, 410x119) Image search: [Google]
tJiZIyV.png
66 KB, 410x119
Linda Glocke is actually a part of ISIS.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.