[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some help with time travel. But it's not traditional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
I need some help with time travel. But it's not traditional time travel where I send my physical self back. I want to know if there's any way to send my current mind back in time and live my life from that moment with the knowledge I have now. Say I wanted to take my mind right now with all my current memories and stuff but send it back 9 years ago and live the rest of my life from that time. Is there any way I could do this? What would doing something like this require?
>>
Bamping for interest
>>
>>17041670
That's some x-men shit right there
>>
i've daydreamed about doing this many times
>>
>>17041670
i would be willing to give up like at least 10 years off the end of my life to accomplish this. don't think it's possible, just makes me sad.
>>
>>17041765
Did it work?
>>
>>17041787
>i would be willing to give up like at least 10 years off the end of my life
Make it 25 and we've got a deal.
>>
I wish. I reget gaining a lot of spiritual knowledge because it basically ruined my life. I was forced to learn shit I wasn't ready for, life has been shit since. There has to be a way..
>>
I can tell you a way, but it's a 1 way ticket,,
>>
Unfortunately the past is gone.

Time is continuously moving forward so we will most likely be willing to do anything to return to this point right now if we could, 5 years from now. So since we like to use our imaginations let's pretend that 5 years from now we were offered the opportunity to go back to this very moment. I guess it's not really the same since we don't really know what will happen in 5 years, so the excitement of potentially changing something isn't there, but it's kind of motivating. Too bad I'm so lazy though.

I use to think about it all the time back when I was 23, thinking how cool it would be if I could just send my mind back to when I was younger. Now that I'm 28 I wish I could even send my mind back to when I was 23 at least.
>>
>>17041825
I'm not him, but I am OK with giving up 25 years of my life, if I can go back like 10 years.
>>
>>17041896
What if 5 years from now you're offered a chance to go back 5 years, but the only stipulation is that you'll lose those 5 years of memories?
>>
>>17041891
Please do.
>>
>>17041891
Go ahead
>>
>>17041670
play the song of time

1100 times in a row
>>
>>17041896
The present is all we have

Dwelling on the future or the past will cause you to ignore the present and then poof

Deathbed
Triviality
Regret
>>
>>17041670
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT mess with time, its stronger than anything you know, stronger than the whole universe, it devours everything in its way, one little mistake and you'll be fucking gone.
Just, don't mess with it? Okay?
>>
>>17042654
K
>>
>>17042654
How is he supposed to mess with time? Honestly this whole thread is pretty stupid, and with no nutcases around trying to convince people otherwise, it's also boring.
>>
>>17042718
If you Will the past to change hard enough you will royally fuck up your future

Like if you dream of revenge/vengeance, you curse yourself so everytime someone has that urge towards you, it comes true

If you wish to get back a lost love, you curse yourself to having any future dalliances wane in interest until they fade away

And so on
>>
>>17041896
>time
>forward

NO!

There is no Forward time or backward up down left or right time. Fuck sake. Stop watching pop sci movies.

Time is a measure of change. There is no timeline. No physical past. No traversing. No forward or backward.

All we can do is distort the rate of change.
>>
nope. think about it:
> black magic books, religious texts, grimoires NEVER, EVEN ONCE, mention a way to undo time. they mention demons, gaining wealth, levitation, but no going back in time.
> even in modern time travel stories the moral tends to be "you can't change time".
I repeat: TIME TRAVEL stories say you can't change time. How crazy is this? That doesn't even make sense. Are the writers retarded?

Let's remember the role of myths and stories as a means of conveying paranormal knowledge. This must mean time travel is the most impossible of all magic. It's an immutable law and this is recorded into the collective unconscious of all humanity. At worst, the means to change it are ultra-secret knowledge that some entities have gone into trouble to mess our species so that we don't discover it, or perhaps, the forces of time naturally work in such a way as to deny giving sentient beings this knowledge.
>>
>>17042718
I know its not possible (maybe it is), but if someone or him were to mess with it, it wouldn't be good.
Just don't play around with time if you are given the chance
>>
File: peter griffin high school.jpg (9 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
peter griffin high school.jpg
9 KB, 280x210
>>17041670
Wow. You could not pay me enough to relive ten years of life, no matter what. Christ.
>>
Start with bananas
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>17042718
Time represents starting something you can't ever control. In that sense, many people "mess with time" every day.
>>17042727
>If you wish to get back a lost love, you curse yourself to having any future dalliances wane in interest until they fade away
This is true without time travel.
>>17042736
>There is no timeline. No physical past. No traversing.
Luckily, I do not share this belief.
>>17042858
>if you are given the chance
That is precisely the moment in which is becomes safe to do so.
>>
>>17043620
So do you think it's possible to do what OP says?
>>
>>17043993
No, but I do believe we may be able to make some technology that does make it possible.
>>
If I could go back, hoo boy, I would make myself into such pedo bait, you don't even know.
>>
>>17044121
Timeline.
I believe I have been repeating a life due to internalizing an external logic projection, causing me to believe I do not have the answer to solve the problem which I do, but the person who sent me it will not respond to my requests and I do not currently possess the capability to respond in a similar action because I prefer enjoying physical existence and traveling through stories.
Next time I will be a full psychic mindwarrior in case you can not help.
Please advise.
>>
>>17044168
>due to internalizing an external logic projection
Giving something a complex name is a tactic used by rationalists to dupe the spiritualists.

Giving something a simple name is a tactic used by the spiritualists to attack the rationalists.

How do these two dynamic conflict with each other?
How do they resonate with each other?
What are their mutual side effects?
>>
>>17041670
Is the present too scary for you, thats where it is man.life.
>>
>>17041670
Someone's been watching Steins;Gate.
>>
File: 4L_R812NRgO.jpg (171 KB, 528x883) Image search: [Google]
4L_R812NRgO.jpg
171 KB, 528x883
>>17041670
I have time traveled already. I have learned how to manipulate reality pretty extensively, although right now I'm in a bullock of a predicament because everyone knows.

I am virtually tracked, and the thing is, I simply want to make some futuristic things come to fruition in this dimension.

Perhaps, everything will work out.
>>
>>17041670
I have also had contact with E.T.s through astral travel, as you know it. They taught me how to communicate with them and when I prepare for it, they manifest into this dimension to do my bidding elementally.
>>
>>17041670
Also when I prepare, with enough appropriate variables, my perception can alter the reality of others. I am a mortal God here. :)
>>
>>17044444
I need to shift back roughly five or six years.
How do I get back?
>>
File: 4L_hZ9jRoPP.jpg (64 KB, 475x242) Image search: [Google]
4L_hZ9jRoPP.jpg
64 KB, 475x242
>>17044481
I'll give you a couple of clues, but you must remember that unless you are sincere in your efforts and believe in your purpose as in for others, you will not get very far in understanding.

Faith is important.
>>
File: 4L_hhftBvvx.jpg (75 KB, 574x456) Image search: [Google]
4L_hhftBvvx.jpg
75 KB, 574x456
>>17044481
>>
>>17044444
>everyone knows
I don't know that. Perhaps we can help each other.
>>
I tried it once, I did it when I was about 45, I was a worthless NEET in a basement when I said fuck this shit and went to a local spiritualist
>Said some "You won't be able to come back" shit to me
>I forget what she did, all I know is I passed out while hearing something on the lines of "Wololololo"
>Woke up age 5, knew I was going to be a worthless Neet, did good in school, had college level literacy in the 5th grade.
>But still fate fucked me around, and more and more badluck and assorted bullshit threw me back into the same position
Tl;Dr Doesn't matter what you do, fate will jerk you back into the same position you were in.
>>
>>17041896
do u even time cube ?
>>
>>17044566
Sounds like malicious temporal interference to me.

While I don't yet believe in mystical transference of consciousness in time, I also can't dismiss it. It is well within my authority to help you, but I'll need a way of determining "when" along your continuum you are.
>>
File: 4L_FlTSHKSa.png (275 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
4L_FlTSHKSa.png
275 KB, 650x366
>>17044566
I believe the word causality better fits your expression. Also you are wrong, fate is not your master unless you believe it to be.

Remember there are many out there who manipulate time and space as well, but very few of them will want to help you, because they control everything buddy boy.
>>
>>17044580
Pretty much halfway there, same shit happened that put my life out of whack the first time, but instead of it being my fault its always some well... bullshit
For example
>Worked my ass off to get a degree in chemistry
>Show up at interview for an entry level job, no complaints, First time I got denied due to a lack of qualifications. This time some secretary spilled fucking indian food all over my suit.
>Walk into the office smelling like shit and with a huge brown stain on my suit.
>Interviewer tells me to get the fuck out and never come back.
>>
>>17044444
Tell me your intents. I can make them come true in every dimension if they're decent enough.
>>
File: 4L_Cc9bvwp5.jpg (38 KB, 214x320) Image search: [Google]
4L_Cc9bvwp5.jpg
38 KB, 214x320
>>17044624
>>
File: 4L_sMLPnsVT.jpg (71 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
4L_sMLPnsVT.jpg
71 KB, 638x479
Also here is something for you so you know that I know who I am ;)

I am a God on Earth hehe.

But not evil, just fun!

Have a good one.
>>
File: 4L_rvIcL1WI.png (1 MB, 953x731) Image search: [Google]
4L_rvIcL1WI.png
1 MB, 953x731
>>17044624
Also, before this little God goes offline, if you are able to do this too, lets see if you can manifest into my reality a substantial amount of money, or perhaps a brand new car (these are material items and are not easy to do on a whim); however, if you don't feel up to it, just send a true and faithful blessing to answer my requests by the collective unconscious in my consciousness.

I will help people along my travels these coming months of you do this.

God bless!
>>
>>17044621
That's evidence of direct tampering. Someone tried to oppose you precisely at the boundary of what some would consider to be "affecting other people."

Supposing that mysticism itself is a form of illegal temporal activity, and it was technically against a law of some kind to use consciousness transfer technology on you, it's still bad form for someone to delegate to me to inform you of such matters. It is the responsibility of every time traveler to make the truth about time travel known to every point in time, as simultaneously as physically possible.

Eternity will not be bound by external, unexplained laws from arbitrary nations in time.

Failure to negotiate is temporally unacceptable.
>>
I think... maybe, the closest we can get is a stasis form, kinda like a lucid dream, in which you relive you memories but you are concious about it. And then your brain calculates the parameter changes and designs a new outcome, thus creating a chance to relearn everything. That might be great for therapeutic purposes. And it might be doable in a future, with the help of machines. And taking into consideration that time itself warps when you're dreaming, it could take no longer than a day to relive 10 years in your life.
You might be able to do this without any machinery right now but it might not be as efective, or you wont be able to go back that far.
But, that's just my opinion. Also, I'm sorry for my broken english, I'm from Argentina.
>>
>>17042429
This man speaks the truth.

Oh and check em.
>>
>>17041670
You have to pass the speed of light. Good luck with that.
>>
Damn OP I spent the last 4 years fantasizing about this exact scenario. If I had one wish going back to 2005 would be it. >>17041670
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.