[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We discuss if shills are real and how they operate, specifically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Updated shilling.png (2 MB, 1776x7176) Image search: [Google]
Updated shilling.png
2 MB, 1776x7176
ITT: We discuss if shills are real and how they operate, specifically on 4chan.

I'm a /pol/ack. I don't think it was the Jews or anything like that, but I do believe that there is some weird shit going on. I heavily oppose Islam, Radical Feminism and other such things.

But when people told me there were shills, I didn't really believe it.

That is until the Hillary Threads. A few people found out that the Deport Racism video(the cursing mexican kids) was run by a guy named Luke Montgomery, who was named Luke Sissyfag in the 1990s as a "protest".

He ran some PACs, such as FeeltheBern, and his deport racism site linked directly to Feel the Bern.

But some clever anons looked at the source code to the website and found that it actually linked to Hillary.

The Source code was later removed which made everybody freak out, but it was too late and it caused people to prove that Luke Montgomery was linked to Hillary by checking the FEC documents to see that he did in fact run a Hillary PAC. So it appeared to be an attempt by Hillary to frame Bernie for making the Deport Racism video.

Now, that's not what I want to talk about, I'm just explaining it because after this was discovered, the thread started getting heavily shilled, in an obvious manner.

Pic related.
>>
Bamp for OP.

Wonder if the resident shills will post in this.
>>
>>17041433

Probably only if it gains traction

>first they ignore you

etc etc

Anyway, I'll probably start up those Hillary threads back on /pol/ if the election becomes a Trump vs Hillary race.
>>
You're just paranoid. Nothing to see here.
>>
>>17041390
I think they operate here at some degree, but 4chan is too chaotic to have effect on it.

Also, where did the word shill originated from?
>>
>>17041390
i would say those posts are very weird.

there are only two (and a half) options and it could very well be a combination of both:
1) actual shills who are non-native users to the site and unfamiliar with how /pol/ works (IDs) likely employed to deny/derail/discredit certain ideas/people on here. motivated by political beliefs and or money.

2) native 4chan users who are
a) subtly trolling because they know people can be paranoid about shilling and they're "making mistakes" by posting suspect things from the same IP so that someone would notice and think they have an actual mission. basically for the lulz.
b) people whose agenda relies on the idea that shills exist because the people in power are fighting their ideas online (whether they are jews/politcians/reptilians whatever) and are trying to manipulate discourse on /pol/ so they are posing as shills who are "making mistakes" that sound like the enemies of their agenda. this would be done so that it looks like /pol/ is being infiltrated by outsiders with an agenda when it's really the /pol/ users themselves furthering an agenda. i know this is a bit convoluted but i mean kind of a "second level" shill who is giving their own agenda more credibility under the argument of "why would someone be shilling if there were nothing to hide." this would be a political motivation as well, but they would be posting things that seem to identify the shills as being part a group that opposes them.
>>
>>17041501
"Shilling" as a term for undisclosed paid advertising has existed forever. Named after the coin I guess
>>
>>17041523

>subtly trolling

I would have said this except that this went on for literally days, and every hour of every day for a week.

Even during the dead-hours like 4 am-5 am they would be shilling with the same crap.

ALWAYS with different accounts and IDs.

We even had someone buy a pass and start spamming wew lad in one of the threads. This happened after we got /g/ to help us figure out one of the problems we were having.
>>
>>17041523

Pretty spot on. Really hope it's just 2a, but who knows.

Clearly it's a systematic approach to sliding any actual discussion on the board.
>>
>>17041390
you dont get laid much do you?
>>
>>17041537
>I would have said this except that this went on for literally days, and every hour of every day for a week.
>Even during the dead-hours like 4 am-5 am they would be shilling with the same crap.

the thing is, it could be multiple people who prearranged the idea on IRC or something more private. even with only 4 or 5 people, they could probably accomplish what you were describing.

i know it sounds like a lot of organizing for something so subtle, and that's why i came up with the second idea (2b). whoever is doing it seems to be trying to stir something up for sure.
>>
>>17041527
oh, english is not my first language, I didn't know the word. thanks anon.
>>
>>17041390
>how they operate
They pose as the factions they need us to judge harshly, act like idiots, get tons of noobs caught up in their threads, and overall accomplish little.
>>
>>17041552

I really don't think 4 or 5 people could dedicate themselves to shilling 20+ threads like that for even 2 days.

There were also specific moments when shilling got particularly intense. Usually right when we were close to discovering something.

The minute we made a breakthrough the thread would start being slid and/or spammed.

/pol/ is being raided right now as we speak. Not sure why
>>
>>17041597
>/pol/ is being raided right now as we speak. Not sure why
i'm not exactly a /pol/ regular, considering i'm a liberal and my opinions are generally very unpopular there but i do read through threads sometimes, like when some major political thing happens and yesterday there was something about some minor celebrity (associated with fox news i think) who posted like "i <3 /pol/" on her twitter feed. maybe that has something to do with the current raid going on? also the two /k/ guys who shouted out /pol/ in their video as they headed to a BLM thing got some press. so maybe some tumblresque people are raiding it for that reason?

but those things were very recent so they obviously didn't have anything to do with the posts you have in the OP. what kind of things did you uncover that you think were being slid most intensely? the hillary stuff? was it always the same one or two topics? and when did it stop (or did it not stop, i'm not clear on that)?
>>
There is like 5 seperate threads of black dongs and says you cant compete y so mad etc. So there is that. BLM raid? Idk, its late, not really into taking b8 or thinking too hard right now
>>
It's blatantly obvious that /pol/ and the rest of 4chan is a honey pot used to collect data on potential mass shooters/spree killers.People forget that M00t was an FBI informant at one point and that back when Hiroshima ran 2chan he was co-operating with the Japanese Government to push right wing propaganda.

4chan is pretty much the modern hal turner.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.