[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/LDG/ Lucid Dreaming General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1JkfTed.jpg (71 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1JkfTed.jpg
71 KB, 1280x1280
Ok /x/ I need your help. What's a sure-fire method to lucid dreaming? I've practiced for years now (in small groups of a few weeks at a time weeks at a time, every month granted. Mostly because I get frustrated due to a lack of results/any hint of progress) with nothing to show for it. I've done all the tricks, I practiced every method, downloaded every app, I've even used binueral beats and nothing has worked. I kept a dream journal for a short period of time but that didn't really do anything either. I also do not drink tap water because of
>muh penial gland
What can I do to lucid dream? Is there any hope for me?
>>
>>17040983

Coming from someone who lucid dreams surprisingly frequently, I have no idea how it happens.

I just realize I'm asleep.

IMO all the kooky "try a lightswitch" techniques are for people who want to make the squishiness of dream logic/psychology a hard science. Whenever I'm dreaming, I just kind of realize that the rules of the world have shifted, to a more symbolic, subconscious kind. I guess my best advice would be to read psychoanalytic theory on dreams, and then keenly obverse the patters.

Frequently I lucid dream in response to ridiculous situations. Like zombies or a sense of impending doom or a strange sexual drive.
>>
>>17041049
once I dreamt about a woman, then realized I was dreaming, and then had the question "If this is a dream, it isn't real, so if i just go up to her and start having sex with her, is that rape?"

I never really answered it, but i did do it.

She didn't resist or anything, but the shit sucked. I've never dream came. Sometimes I fly though.But it's more like floating.
>>
>>17041049
same. the only time i've lucid dreamed is when my family took our lake house in michigan. i fell asleep in the car, and when we got their i was up for about 30 or so minutes then went back to sleep, and that's when i had the lucid dream. it was the same thing with a hot girl and i tried having sex with her.

if you look on sites like wikihow, one of the frequently mentioned methods is waking up for a short period of time and going back to sleep, so basically try that. it worked for me, even if unintentional...
>>
>>17041069
now that you mention it, that is a pretty common factor for when I lucid dream. I have a pretty irregular sleep pattern, and I use the snooze function for like, hours sometimes. And that's almost always when it happens.
>>
Hi op. I used to be the same way and I still am but I had a period of psychic awakening where I would lucid dream literally every week for about 2-3 years straight.

For me it was isolation. I secluded myself (not by choice) from friends, family and normal things. I barely had any electronics in my life and I spent most of my time reading and generally just living in the moment because by not living in the moment I would torment myself.

During this time of clean eating, meditating daily and abstaining from constant electrical interference I was able to lucid dream regularly to the point that I honestly no longer desired it anymore because more often than not I would encounter the malevolent spirits in my house.

I moved after a few years and started being normal again, Started hanging out with friends, using the internet, being around large amounts of EM fields and sure enough, in a few months time I stopped lucid dreaming all together and now I only rarely do and when I do I would hardly call it lucid, more like a realization every now and again when I'm dreaming that I'm in a dream which usually always follows by me fucking up and waking myself up somehow.

So basically tl;dr. meditate EVERY DAY, form spiritual habbits and expose yourself to as little as humanly possible, go within yourself but live in the moment and you will start to awaken your chakaras enough to have lucid experiences. Good luck OP it's one helluva ride.
>>
Honestly thought this was bullshit until a few years ago, I can't say I saw myself outside my body, but you know your body is asleep and your brain is 110% active, awesome sexual fantasies mostly,, or just over thinking, I'm unsure how to control it, I can to a certain degree, this is how I accidentally did it,mate, you have to be really really tired for this too work,12 hour shift for a couple days, not much sleep, try to shut your brain off at work, go into robot mode if you can,, you kind of want your brain to be not tired, it's true what other anons say but,avoid scratching or opening your eyes or whatever, I've found I will go to sleep, but a few minutes later I'm dream conscious,, Good luck fag,
>>
>>17042097
Also don't listen to half these tumbler faggots,, I drink booze, eat healthy of course, mah spiritual awakening from the matrix, bitch you wouldn't even know that word if it wasn't for Keanu Reeves,
You can do it bro, I agree with being isolated for a while too,, I work 7pm until 8 am, as a chef in a gold mine,, so I'm alone a lot,,hope anything I said can help you mate,, also, cut it out with the matrix shit,,fucks sake it's old,,you may as well be posting guys with tits or bananas, it's literally that fucking stupid,
>>
1 more rant,, if any of you Tumblr faggots ever want to actually have a spiritual experience, drop 6 hits of lcd and just lie down outside or in wherever you feel safe,, and let your brain actually open, you will see the world for what it truly is,,not what tumbler tells you to think it is
>>
>>17040983

Shake up your sleep habits, try to stay awake for a long period of time. Fall asleep at a time you never fall asleep at.

I also find that for some reason, 99% of the time when I sleep flat on my back, I get lucid or vivid dreams.

I have low blood pressure, so maybe my circulation flows to different parts of my brain when I'm on my back(?) I don't know the mechanisms of why this works for me, it just does. Always has since I was young.

Once you're aware of your dreams you can try to influence them in small ways. My oldest trick is "forcing awake" during nightmares. Basically- I just focus on "OPENING MY EYES REALLY WIDE" within the dream, and it causes me to open my eyes in real life.

Usually I'll wake up when I do this, sometimes I'll wake into sleep paralysis- which is not fun, but usually only lasts 20ish seconds before I shake out of it. (you can rock yourself out of sleep paralysis with tiny movements, clenching your jaw is usually a good way to shake yourself out of it)

Getting used to recognizing and experimenting with dreams takes practice. You can start by "testing your lucidity" while you're awake. Make a habit out of it. Pinch yourself, ask yourself "how did I get here" and "what did I do yesterday". Difficulty reading and playing with light switches can reveal "glitches" telltale of a dream.

These types of questions and tests will usually reveal to you that you're in a dream.

Now that you're lucid, just start willing things to happen. Think really hard about things, expect things. Try to fly, try to glide, thing about really sexy women and try to conjure them in front of you.

It's like Gary's Mod, except it's your own brain. You can experiment with the physics of your dream.

One of my favorite things to do lately is to pick up an object, like a leaf- and observe all the detail that my dreams can conjure up. It's amazing how much detail your brain can render.

Also when flying, it helps to envision your destination first.
>>
>>17042222
This guys knows what's up, and it's not because of his really cool number sequence!
>>
Don't listen to all the psychic mumbo jumbo there is nothing paranormal about lucid dreaming it is not a third eye awakening or some crap. To become lucid in your dream you should only be able to realize you are dreaming so just create triggers in your mind for me it was a little black spot I made in my left thumb below the nail I would look at it everyone I see my hands and say "I am awake" did it for about a week until one night in my dream I happened to look at my hands and did not see the spot and I became aware of my dream after a while I could force myself to look for the spot which was never there in my dreams
>>
>>17040983
Fucking idiot, the sleep journal is the most important thing.
>>
>>17040983
Just look at your hands and use WBTB. You'll get it down within a week. It won't be strong but you'll at least have something to show for your work
>>
how the fuck is the finger induced method supposed to work I don't get it? the instructions are clear but it doesn't really explain anything

wait till you are tired and continue pressing alternating between lightly pressing the two fingers until you are lucid?
>>
>>17042410
A better way is toe lie completely still but keep yourself away eventually you will start itching in weird places if you resist long enough you Wil fall asleep but feel awake this is lucid dreaming but this leads to SP alot of the time so careful of you try it
>>
>>17042410
You're meant to move them so slightly that they pretty much don't move at all, but you can still feel the tiny movements
>>
>>17042418
It leads to SP if you open your eyes. The only way to get in sleep paralysis is to open your eyes. Check if you can move before opening them if you wake up in the middle of the night (you'll get used to it fast)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.