[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not trying to sound like a tripfag or anything, but does anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: dallas-skyline.jpg (108 KB, 640x248) Image search: [Google]
dallas-skyline.jpg
108 KB, 640x248
Not trying to sound like a tripfag or anything, but does anyone else think aerial views of downtown areas look eerie, even though they're not supposed to be?

Also, pic related
>>
>>17040864
I can see where you're coming from.
>>
>>17040872
Something about them just don't seem right.
>>
I know what you mean op
>>
Like an army of giant robot dick. Dead lifeless robot dicks.
>>
They look alien. If a guy who was some kind of aboriginal or whatever, had lived in the jungle forever were to all of a sudden see a giant downtown area he'd shit himself.
>>
File: skyline_small.jpg (42 KB, 539x402) Image search: [Google]
skyline_small.jpg
42 KB, 539x402
>>
And not to mention when using Google Maps and the buildings are 3D while the ground around is just a flat picture. Pretty damn creepy, if you ask me.

Basically, skylines of downtown areas creeped me out since I was young for some reason, and I don't know why.
>>
>>17040981
Bruh, for some reason Google Earth creeps me the hell out. And when you make it so you can look at the sky? Uhg, super spooky.
>>
Every time I see skylines, they look like a bunch of penises. That's all life is, a giant dick measuring contest between small-brained children.
Maybe if women come in to power, we'll get some nice boob-shaped skyscrapers.
>>
>>17040933
Or think its a big mountain of some sort
>>
unnatural constructs polluting the natural landscape

'not supposed to be' seems quite accurate
>>
>>17040864
That pic is out of date OP.
If you think that is spooky, you should see it now.
>>
Those gray square towers everywhere...
Like a cemetery lined with great tombstones.
https://youtu.be/rKuUT6lWi7Y?t=12m
>>
>>17040933
Directly implying you are a caveman
>>
>>17040864

1. You don't know what a tripfag is, so why even use the word?

2. That is not an aerial view. Do you even know what an aerial view is?
>>
Lmao, you people remind me of those who find large celestial bodies and pictures of large planets and stars, in the sky etc as unsettling or creepy, its the same irrational fears and feelings here.

I will say one thing, the skyline of a city is supposed to have a certain beauty to it, and modern skylines are anything but, for cities with so many buildings that they blend together and their quantity is a factor itself, like downtown Manhattan skyline or Shanghai, its okay, but for something like OP pic it just looks downright ugly especially when you throw in all these random modern architectural styles together and it just looks off, same if the city skyline is nothing but generic glass frame buildings.

But then you have really good skylines and downtowns like Manhattan which just looks good from any angle due to some level of architectural continuity and sheer quantity and height of the buildings spaced together. The skyline looks empty without the famous twin towers though, the new WTC towers just aren't that good, they should have at least been identical looking, with one without the spire, but instead its a mess of different designs in a small space so it will look worse.
>>
i live out in the country, so when i visit cities im really thrown off by the sheer scale of things, since im used to the biggest structures being barns.

not scary, especially since cities are great
>>
>>17042661
When I visit manhattan from the outer buroughs I'm always in awe being inside a valley of skyscrapers, seeing what humanity has accomplished and managed to imprint on the landscape its amazing, and Manhattan is the best place to do it due to the solid bedrock foundation beneath. We built steel mountains, and then I'm always reminded when I gaze at them, that most real mountains are even larger and if you put Manhattan in a Swiss valley all those massive skyscrapers would be dwarfed by the even taller mountains of the Alps, and that makes me appreciate nature all the more.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.