[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright guys, so recently I've been reading a lot about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: johnson_devil_mockup.jpg (195 KB, 575x520) Image search: [Google]
johnson_devil_mockup.jpg
195 KB, 575x520
Alright guys, so recently I've been reading a lot about an African American guitar player in the 1930's named Robert Johnson. He allegedly sold his soul to the devil at this spooky crossroad in the outskirts of Mississippi. One of his life long fans, Son House, reported that he went from a poor guitar player to a professional guitarist in one night. There's a popular African-voodoo folktale brought on by the slaves that states that if you wait on a moonless night at the country cross roads, the guardian spirit of the cross roads will offer fame, money and success in exchange for the soul.
As his career continued to blossom, the crossroads legend continued to grow and morph largely in part to Johnson’s haunting, spiritual lyrics, songs such as “Cross Road Blues” and “Me and the Devil Blues”, and eventually, his unforeseen death at age 27. He fell very ill the day after playing at a venue called the Juke Joint in Johnson Mississippi. As legend has it, Johnson’s death was a violent array of howling and convulsions.
Three days later he died. Friends of Johnson believed he was poisoned with Strychine or Iye when he was offered a drink that night, some say he died of pneumonia or syphilis.
It's also important to note that he didn't become globally famous until 30 years later, when he made it in the top 50 of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

So waddya guys think? I practice guitar pretty frequently and my lifes kinda in the shitter now.

Still, I don't want to be a victim of some voodoo african spirit that will continuously rape me in the afterlife.

So here's what I have to ask:

What do spirits gain when they acquire a "soul"?

What are the possible consequences?

Should I try it out just for the hell of it?
>>
>>17039908
what can you lose besides time and your soul
>>
>>17039908
Anyone else find it odd that so many famous musicians die at 27?
>>
>>17039908
>XVIII
>the moon
wonder why...

anyway OP I would imagine that whatever part of you would normally go on to the afterlife is what you'd be selling when you sell your soul.

>>17039977
it is indeed odd, although I'd like to see a pareto of famous musicians and their ages at death. drugs, touring accidents etc. cause a lot of untimely deaths, and maybe 27 is just the peak of the bell curve. or maybe there is something to it.
>>
File: Legba veve.png (50 KB, 577x585) Image search: [Google]
Legba veve.png
50 KB, 577x585
>>17039908
Papa Legba ain't so bad, and he doesn't take souls like the devil of Christian lore, it's a lot more complex than that.
>>
>>17040013
I had a vision 6 months back where I was told that I would die at 27.

I am musically able.
>>
You can't sell your soul OP. You are a soul, it's not something you can lose. What will happen though, is you'll lose your connection with your soul. Never heard of this guitarist but it sounds more like he traded his life away, not his soul.

If you were to die after "selling your soul" it would be more like losing a bunch of levels on your video game character and you'd have to pull yourself back together in a weakened state.
>>
>>17040275
Is Papa Legba capable of granting someone a musical talent even if their white? Does he discriminate? (Serious Question)

Also how will I be able to differentiate between him and his evil brother, Kalfou?

Is there a catch? I'm worried that having this kind of approach will leave me vulnerable to something evil that'll latch on to me.
>>
The Devil will tune your guitar for the price of your soul.
>>
>>17039977
i thought i've heard somewhere that the number 27 in numerology means ''completion''. Not sure how true this is, can anyone into numerology confirm this?
>>
>>>/an/2009252
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-04-03-52-36.png (246 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-04-03-52-36.png
246 KB, 854x480
thats convinient
>>
https://youtu.be/ZSV69BO2Uak video that goes with the image watch it
>>
https://youtu.be/3MCHI23FTP8 also one of his songs will have you more convinced
>>
bump for interest
>>
he's one of the 27 club, basically the definition for a Saturn return gone wrong. Keep your shit in order, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>17039977
No. There are shitloads more who haven't, you just pay attention to the few that have.
>>
>>17040013
10,000 days is long enough

you're going home
>>
>>17039915
That's all anyone has, anything else is imaginary
>>
Well he probably didn't sell his soul. Anyone know about that legend about that guy who beat the devil in a musical duel? Or is that just a song.
>>
And also don't sell your soul you friken idiot just get good.
>>
>>17044907
that was just a song, my man
>>
>>17045454
whoosh
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.