[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is Satanism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: goth dad.jpg (39 KB, 495x600) Image search: [Google]
goth dad.jpg
39 KB, 495x600
Dad here. I found a book on Satanism in my son's room (he's 15). Now, I don't know much about it other than the little I've read on Google since this happened 20 minutes ago, so I dont want to over-react. Would anyone like to educate me as to what, according to their perspective, is Satanism?
>>
Worship of Satan. The great deceiver.
>>
Here you go, dad.

http://www.churchofsatan.com/faq-fundamental-beliefs.php
>>
>>17031007
google the author of the book and try to get information from the source. talking about satanism here is almost as productive as talking about aleister crowley.
>>
>>17031007
>15 years old
>satanism
This is a common phenomena in America. They think God isn't real and or religion is only about control.

Essentially, rather than embracing a spiritual life, they would rather life in sense gratification and indulgence, and if possible, defy what God says in the Bible just because it is written in the Bible.

Sex, drugs, rock and roll. Yeaup, this is just a thing everywhere you go.

God is a Supersoul in all beings. No being is the Supersoul, but we all have a soul. All of out souls are connected to God's Holy Spirit, the Supersoul, and our goal is to build a relationship to Him and find Him and go back to Him in the end.

>pray for him
>give your punk rock son a bhagavad gita
>tell christ and krsna are the same
>profit
>>
I got my first copy of the satanic bible when I was his age. If it's just the Anton Lavey one you don't have much to worry about, it will actually be very empowering for your son to read. Maybe you should read it as well. Could just be a rebellious phase, he might have just been curious. However this could be the beginning of his spiritual journey like it was for me so it would be best not to stifle that.
I'm not really a satanist per se, I'm more of a gnostic. But I'm heavily into the more theistic side of satanism and am a well adjusted successful adult. It helped me learn to rely on my self and realize my potential.
>>
>>17031042
It's not always about sex drugs and rock and roll either. Some are drawn to the left hand path, which you should research as well. The poster above me is in the camp where their ideology is the only right way because they worship the creator of cosmic consciousness. And can't possibly fathom that other people don't want that.
>>
Well all Satanic texts are inherently glittering lies, you didn't think the devil would play fair or reveal himself for what he is did you? I'm not sure what you should do but if you haven't accepted Jesus Christ I would look into that. There's a reason people have radical transformations and are exceedingly happy after it.
>>
>>17031022
checked

>>17031024
ran it through the Bing and all it really came up with is a wiki page about some demon
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arioch

wtf

>>17031031
yeah i hope this is just a phase

>>17031042
>>17031058
thanks will check out the left hand path too
>>
>>17031031

>They think God isn't real or religion is only about control.

grandpa pls go
>>
>>17031070
I've read all of your holy books. The only lie is the preservation of the illusion of ego and cosmic consciousness. The Buddhists know it, mystery schools know it, Gnostics know it. You are content to kneel and serve your demiurge. I am not.
>>
>>17031102
Ahhhh he got wrathful chaos. Then he's in the same camp as me. The study of the qlipolth is an extension of the kaballah from a more satanic perspective. Its anti-cosmic Gnosticism. So think satanic Buddhism/Gnosticism. Anti-cosmic gnosticism focuses on the primal concept of Ain and attaining consciousness in accordance with that primal state of being. The practitioner initiates him self through the qlipolth to hopefull complete his great work. It's incredibly complex but not a bad book to start with I suppose.
>>
>>17031007
>Would anyone like to educate me as to what, according to their perspective, is Satanism

It's all the crummiest bits of will-to-power Nietzsche stuff mixed with all the crappiest bits of Randian Objectivism mixed together with made-up spells and some horns on it for added edge.

That is pretty much it.

>>17031146
>You are content to kneel and serve your demiurge. I am not.

Watch out guys, we got a badass over here
>>
>>17031042
>>17031165
I'm this guy by the way. More than likely he won't be able to wrap his head around it. Or it could be his calling seeing as it found him so young. Keep an eye on him though there are some heavy concepts in there a teenage mind could misinterpret. Other wise you'll be fine. Him spending time in his room meditating and doing ritual will keep him out of trouble.
>>
There is a version of satanism for everyone. It doesn't matter if you're an individualist, humanist, egoist, spiritual or atheist. As long as you're edgy you can be a satanist.
>>
>>17031175
His son fortunately isn't in the laveyan hedonistic boat. Anti-cosmic Gnosticism goes light years beyond satanism.
>>
>>17031190
>Anti-cosmic Gnosticism
Sounds like some Newage to me.
>>
>>17031182
>As long as you're edgy you can be a satanist.
Hahahaha holy shit this. It's like some kind of attention grabbing heading and that's about it really.

Dad should get his kid three more books on Satanism so that he can see how contradictory it all is
>>
>>17031196
It's not by any means, it doesn't have any ascension garbage. It's not for every one. And to the guy saying its for attention, how is buying the book in secret, and practicing in secret any grab for attention ? I don't even talk to my friends about this material. But continue to lampoon what you don't understand.
>>
>>17031218
>It's not by any means, it doesn't have any ascension garbage

Well, that doesn't mean it isn't Newage. (at least to me. Newage comes in all flavours, and all of them bland, uninspired or odd mishmashing.)
However, though, since I've never heard tell of it, got a link or two explaining it? (or you yourself could try)
>>
>>17031165
>>17031181

appreciate the insight, though i dont understand most of what you said about Ain and stuff. as long as he isnt killing animals i guess im good
>>
File: crux.jpg (24 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
crux.jpg
24 KB, 800x600
>>
satanism is a parody of christian and jewish practices. you say go left and they go right. its about rebelling against your parents

as far as any fears of animal sacrifice well the bible has animal sacrifices being done by jews. the scape goat one is funny since the goat that is sacrificed is supposed to take all your sin with it when its burned as a burnt offering on a stone altar. some christians would think thats devil worship but its their own religion
>>
>>17031229
Yeah sure I'll give you the nitty gritty, I working at the moment so I can only say so much. In Kabbala (which is the map we use initially) it's goal is to initiate your consciousness through the various spheres that make up consciousness and all creation to eventually reconnect with God or the creator. The Gnostics believes that yhvy was not the true God of all reality and a demiurge ( the driving impulse of creation) which locks our spirits into a cycle of suffering and rebirth. during his creation anti-spheres were created (the qlipolth) and all things in opposition to his creation reside there. So when working with the qlipolth you gradually reduce your ego and free your self from all illusions of creation (similar to Buddhism) to ultimately completely divorce your spirit from God and experience Ain. Ain is synonymous with chaos and complete potentiality. You are the void essentially.
>>
>>17031007
Satanism can be taken in a lot of different ways. It can range from believing that Satan is merely a symbol of human qualities, and focusing on a humanistic perspective of self improvement to believing that Satan was a liberator rather than a deceiver.

But since your kid is 15, I'm just going to assume he's being an edgelord and it'll be a passing phase.
>>
>>17031007
It's okay to be interested in those things at a young age, most of us were, but beware that if someone lets it go to their head enough they will often end up being a legitimately bad person, completely selfish, depressed, he will not only be incapable of getting with a good girl he's going to deliberately get with the trashiest garbage sluts and scene girls around or even worse he's going to be a faggot and start playing with dick because "there is no right and wrong hue hue". I've seen it all before.

If I were you I would just tell him straight up "I found your satanist book and it's okay to be curious but no son of mine is going to be an emo goth faggot". Leave it at that, just walk out of the room and let him think about it. Let him get angry that you snooped in his room, but at least he'll know you care. Don't have a debate with him, he needs a father figure right now not a friend.

You might not want to do anything and just hide the fact that you snooped on him because you don't want to lose his trust but nothing is more pathetic than a father who spies on his son and then tries to come up with clever things to say to passive aggressively defuse the situation. All that will do is make him suspicious and lose respect for you.

Disregard anyone who disagrees with my advice.
>>
>>17031031
>give your punk rock son a bhagavad gita
This is good advice but it's too passive and the kid is just going to laugh it off because he's already on the road to being indoctrinated to believe that all religions except the edgy ones are a lie.
>>
>>17031165
OP if you don't want your son to end up sounding like a pseudointellectual nerd faggot like this guy you need to act quickly. Just saying.
>>
>>17031102
Share the author's name.
>>
File: 1438968155925.jpg (54 KB, 640x718) Image search: [Google]
1438968155925.jpg
54 KB, 640x718
>>17031297
ohhhh right. I know that stuff!

I believe the roleplaying game KULT made their setting around that.
Neat.

Anyway, On the Newage scale, it's still kinda Newagey but not as bad as some stuff. (You know the stuff I'm talking about)

Well, thanks for explaining it. I mean, I don't believe any of it and think it's still kind of weird Will-to-power-y, but it's nothing like LeVey's
horsecrap.

Thanks anon.

لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ
>>
>>17031402
see >>17031165

its wrathful chaos or some such. had satanism on the cover but havent been able to find it online. not even sure where he got it
>>
>>17031413
When I was your son's age I was being pulled in that direction. Got away from it as I grew older but watch him carefully.
>>
File: Pentagram.png (80 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Pentagram.png
80 KB, 512x512
>>17031425
yeah hes a good kid but has a few gothy friends. maybe ill make him work on the car so he can do something normal
>>
>>17031425

Same here.

>>17031436
>not Dad
>>
Depends what branch of Satanism it is to be honest.

From what I've read of LaVeyan Satanism, that seems to be the theological branch that best fits the current times, if the follower believes in that sort of thing.

But nowadays other branches like the Temple of Satan are popping up. The Temple of Satan isn't even inherently religious, they use the image of Satan as defiance of Christianity mainly and use scientific method to back up their arguments.

There are some pretty dark branches too, but I haven't really done enough research into them myself to speak about them.
>>
>>17031007
Does your son listen to black metal? There was a great thread going the other day about it. Some dark stuff with some of those people and some of the music.
>>
>>17031406
Yeah for sure Anon. Always glad to share beliefs with others who don't bombard you with shit posts and edge lord.
>>
Looks like an interesting book. I have Karlsson's Qabalah, Qliphoth and Goetic Magic and N.A-A.'s Book of Sitra Achra, which seem to be very similar to this one. I can only wonder how a 15 year old could have come across this book in physical format (looks to be for sale on lulu for $29, which seems a bit exorbitant).
>>
>>17031102
>yeah i hope this is just a phase

It was for me. If the kid has any brains he'll snap out of it quickly. Its theatrics, poorly rehashed Ubermensch Murritard nonsense, and desperately anti-Christian tripe befitting a carnival organist.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.