[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it all mean.????
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8
File: Blueye.jpg (1 MB, 1536x1506) Image search: [Google]
Blueye.jpg
1 MB, 1536x1506
An electromagnetic wave, or photon, from the Sun hits an object, distorting the wave. Part of the wave then rebounds, and hits your eye. The back of your eye collects a map of the billions of waves, and digitally transmits it real-time, directly to a certain part of the brain. Other parts of the brain kick-in, and instantly process the image into what you "see". Another part of the brain then decides whether the other parts need food, or oxygen, or water, or sex etc etc Neurons communicate with other neurons and bond, creating visual memories of events and previous states of objects, in order to build a reality model beneficial to the system it governs (your body)..

I mean, What the fuck. Have you realised how fucking freaky Reality is?

Why the fuck are we here? What's the point? Neurons forming maps of information collected by analysing photons? And. What's the fucking point?

It all just baffles me mayn.

Any ideas??
>>
>>17027619
i feel the same way
>>
>>17027624
I always thought that the sole purpose of life was to learn. "We're The Universe experiencing itself through consciousness; we're here to learn" bullshit. But when you break it down to particles and waves it's all just a bunch of pointless shit. Particles hitting other particles. We'll pass on genes and have kids until Earth dies, then what? What did we learn? How to die? Shit is random?

I worry sometimes that this is all a lie.
>>
We share the same views OP, I sometimes feel like a lost soul in this grand universe.. Maybe theres something great that awaits us after this life.
>>
to experience. organisms know that when they die, they cant experience anything, so they try and stay around for as long as possible
>>
>>17027619
>reality
>>
>>17027619
>Why the fuck are we here?
To have an human experience.

The rest is up to you.
>>
>>17027657
Why do organisms exist? That's my point. If it's just to store information in a brain until it dies, and hopefully pass on some knowledge, then what's the point? Why did The Universe/Nature decide that "life" was a good idea? Why do brains process information? Why is living being better than dead, hence the fight to survive?

These are just a few questions, I have many more...
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
It's all basically just "information" held in sub-atomic particles changing states through collisions with other particles.

Why though?
>>
Do you guys realize that the brain named itself
>>
File: 1448651993796.jpg (45 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
1448651993796.jpg
45 KB, 650x366
>>17027922
>>
>An electromagnetic wave, or photon

Quibble.

An electromagnetic wave is NOT THE SAME THING AS a photon. Sort of like saying a car is a busy freeway.

A photon is a particle, an electromagnetic wave is made of photons and can manifest as anything from radio waves to microwaves based on frequency.
>>
>>17027619
>Have you realised how fucking freaky Reality is?
On the contrary, I find it to be Perfectly Natural
>>
>>17027952
>electromagnetic wave is made of photons

Matter/Reality is made up of waves and fields you absolute moron. If you look at a wave, you see a particle. Photons don't exist until we observe them.

This is basic QFT. If you don't know that then you should refrain from offering us your "knowledge".
>>
>>17028776
>Photons don't exist until we observe them.

Oh boy, crazy New Age Sewage interpretations of Science.

You can have individual photons. They aren't just a segment of a wave. And they sure as shit exist whether you're looking at them or not. Fuck, think about light coming from stars that sent it our way before the Earth existed. What we just now looked up and BLINK! those photons popped into existence?!?!?
>>
>>17028776
>If you look at a wave, you see a particle.

Gravitational waves exist. Tell me what fuckin' particle YOU see when you look at it.
>>
>>17028807
I am not a new age faggot, but..
How you can you proof something exists before you have detected it?

This why empiricism (wich the entire natural sciences is based on) fails so hard.
You either have to accept that only the things you detect exist, or accept that that things exist beyond the scope of your knowledge.

The problem is the difference and connection between knowledge and existence.
This is where we hit the limits of "reality" and more specifically natural science. From here we are forced to enter the realms of philosophy.
Still thinking in the scientific definitions in the philosophical realm will lead you into problems and paradoxes. Since philosophy and science operate on completely different definitions.

Its ironic isn't it? The fathers of science where philosophers (ancient Greece, China, India).
Now we have to return philosophy again.
>>
>>17028886
>Its ironic isn't it? The fathers of science where philosophers (ancient Greece, China, India). Now we have to return philosophy again.

Bah, what I see is at first you're screaming your ideas are 'QFT', but when doesn't pan out you're all, "Whoa, I mean ancient Greece Philosophy!"
>>
>>17027650
It is all a lie
>>
>>17028857
I see none. According to "the standard model" a "graviton" exists, though it's yet to be discovered.

A Particle is a quantised wave.

Quantum Field Theory is the true version of reality. Particle Physics is just the off-shoot.

The Fabric of reality is made up of Fields and Waves, particles are a consequence of observation.
>>
>>17028807
You have no idea about the true nature of reality.

It's all fields.

Start here..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwdY7Eqyguo
>>
>>17027619
The meaning is to create a meaning. Imagine, create, inspire.
>>
If organisms don't exist, then does everything else in existence even matter? Is the universe meant to be seen, felt, heard? There's no other signs of life in our solar system; are the other planets in our system solely put there to keep earth in its proper rotation? Is earth the only planet with life in our system because of how it's aligned and held in alignment because of our solar system? Does that mean every series of planets in each solar system has only one planet with life on it? Everything that exists features highly intelligent design. There has to be an explanation for everything but we will probably never find out. Maybe if there's an afterlife, we will
>>
>>17027619
the universe experiencing itself for a short time before entering the void of nothingness once more
>>
Does a bear shit in the woods? Not unless the universe creates some anons to step in it.
>>
>>17028931
>Its all fields
Did you even watch your own video?
Its both fields or particles and neither fields or particles.
There is no reality.
Nonduality for the win.
>>
>>17028915
>A Particle is a quantised wave.
No no no no no . Particle's in QFT are quanta over a field. Particle is synonymous to wave, there is no relationship beyond that in QFT. Didn't even ever learn of the particle-wave duality? That persists here. Quanta are not distinguishable as only either particles or waves: they behave as both do in classical mechanics.

>Quantum Field Theory is the true version of reality. Particle Physics is just the off-shoot.
That's like saying "Partial Differential Equations is the true version of water, Fluid Dynamics is just the off-shoot". Makes no fucking sense. One contains the other.

>The Fabric of reality is made up of Fields and Waves, particles are a consequence of observation.
Dude read a fucking book. And stop capitalizing weird nouns like you're German or something.

I don't even formally study QFT, but it interests me. My undergrad degree was focused on math and modelling of complex systems, and I use math structures from fields such as topology. But even I know you're fucking wrong.
>>
>>17027665
There is no causes for existence.
Things exist because they exist.
Existance itself is not dependent on previous causes.
Existance is self-eminating, self-produced.
Within this existence there is the law of cause and effect, but not of existence itself.

Like previous anons said.
Everything is a field and within that field there are conditions(causes and effects) that determines the states of that fields.
However there is no cause for the existance of the field itself.
This is non-conditional(not dependend on other causes or effects) existance.

Now for life. The only purpose of life is to do good onto others.
It seems as if we come from the source when we where born and we return to the source when we die.
But this is false.
What is the source? The source is non-conditional existence.
We are the source. We where never seperated from the source.
There is no birth, and there is no dead.
You are me, I am you. Everyone is me, Everyone is you.

When you realize this. You realize that when you hurt others you hurt yourself.
When you hurt yourself you hurt others.

When you make others happy, you make yourself happy.
When you make yourself happy, when you make others happy.

So the only purpose of life is to do good onto others.
>>
>>17029111
Too much abstraction. If we want to talk about "reality", we can't use abstract language and thoughts.

>when you hurt others you hurt yourself.
When you hurt yourself you hurt others.

Like this crap. Like okay, are you saying that there are consequences of our actions? Are you saying that we are one entity somehow spiritually?

Like, all of that shit is nonsense. Sounds like something someone tried to pass as work in their first composition course.
>>
>>17027673
The universe didn't "decide" anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determinism
>>
>>17027619

There is no reason to believe it means anything. As you just explained, the concepts of perception and self-awareness that we hold so sacred are no more cosmically significant than fusion in the center of a sun. They are natural processes. Since literally all of our ideas and feelings are formed endogenously to the forces that make us aware of our existence, attempting to set human life aside from other natural processes by virtue of all this shit is pretty pointless.
>>
>>17029134
http://journal.sjdm.org/15/15923a/jdm15923a.pdf
>>
>>17029134
Opinion, not fact.
>>
>>17029248

~~ You're right ~~

The response was into something for more "opinion" than what you're pointing out.
>>
we live in a hypercube of super advanced storage which is managed by powerful demons built like super complex software. there are rules and limits and capabilities just like a normal operating system. some programs can get admin access and some are stuck at user mode. big enough resources means you can do all kinds of stuff just like a normal virtual/actual machine. i don't know if you can hack the hardware, but the software looks malleable.
>>
>>17029134
>Too much abstraction. If we want to talk about "reality", we can't use abstract language and thoughts.

We cant talk about all of reality wihout encompossing everything that is part of reality.
Abstractions are needed to have a universal model that can be said to be true for every part of reality.
Thats basically how math works.

>are you saying that there are consequences of our actions?
Yes. This is simple cause and effect. When I hold an apple and then lose its grip it falls to the ground.

>Are you saying that we are one entity somehow spiritually?
No, not at all.
We are connected in that sense that everything is inter-depended on each other trough causes and effects.

>when you hurt others you hurt yourself.
This is a simple evolutionary mechanism developed in ourselves called empathy, compassion, guilt, and hate.

A normal avarage human being will feel guilt when one hurts others, and thus one also hurts themselves.
When one helps others, one will also feel better about themselves.
This is simple cause and effect.
If you dont feel this you are probably defective and psycopath or something.

There is no spirituality of any kind.
Only the laws of cause and effect.
>>
>>17029277
>Abstractions are needed to have a universal model that can be said to be true for every part of reality.
>Thats basically how math works.

But your abstractions are absurd plays on language. Not anything concrete. Abstraction is important, yes; but what you're doing isn't the type of abstraction I was pointing out. You're spouting a lot of nonsense that doesn't encompass "everything".

You quoted questions that were rhetorical, which shows that you missed the point. I was making the point that you're speaking so nebulously that your words mean nothing. I gave two examples as to what your nonsense was going on about.
>A normal avarage human being will feel guilt when one hurts others, and thus one also hurts themselves.
>When one helps others, one will also feel better about themselves.
>This is simple cause and effect.
>If you dont feel this you are probably defective and psycopath or something.

>There is no spirituality of any kind.
>Only the laws of cause and effect.

All of this stuff is crap too. Nothing profound. Just a bunch of crap that gets us nowhere. What I'm saying is that you're not making any grand, universal statements. You're just spouting a bunch of stuff and trying to frame it as grand and universal. Your abstraction is only in language, not in actual thought: there is no universal notions in what you're saying.
>>
>>17029305
>Nothing profound.
Thats my point. I never claimed any 'profoundness'.
I simply answered the questions of OP and gave a possible explanation.
We are here to do good onto others.
The only purpose is to do good onto others.
Everything else is just a framework to reinforce the notion of doing good onto others.
Doing good onto others, in every sitation possible, without exceptions.
Doing good onto others even when other people hate you.

You forgot the main point.
Religion, spirituality, science, logic, philosophy... these too are all just methods to help everyone remind themselves to do good onto others.
>>
>>17027619
Here's the answer you seek:

If you leave a bunch of shit floating in nothing and wait to see what happens, we are what happens.

Everything in our reality is causality. It all happened in a specific order and lead us to where we are now, and there IS no ultimate point or goal. Just eternal causality. One thing leading to another and another and another. Billions of "one things" at a time, across a potentially infinite universe, all coalescing into what is effectively static. Just "because"

Only there's no "because" at all. It all just happened to happen this way.

And if you can't bring yourself to believe that, then consider this: It was bound to happen this way SOMEWHERE in time and space. The fact that you're luck enough to e here is honestly meaningless, because there's billions of us here with you. You're not special, and time and space aren't either.

Time and space, physics and all that "freaky" shit just exist. Just like all of us pointless humans. Just because the universe allows it all to by it's very nature.

And if that's not the answer you wanted, then that's too ad. Go get married, create offspring and pass on your genes like a good little organism. Because that's literally the only purpose of your worthless existence, you gnat.
>>
>>17029531
I agree with everything you said. Except one thing, wich I still agree on.
>You're not special
This is true, but its also false at the same time.
Why is it true?
Like you said
>there's billions of us here with you
Why is it false?
If we take into account causality then we see that there are an infinite number of exact events to create you.
The entire universe had to be created, the Earth has to be in a perfect stable orbit, evolution had to happen in a specific way, before you billions of your ancestors had to fall in love, survive wars, survive diseases, survive the elements of nature.

So we are special in the sense that very complex processes had to happen in exact way to create you, on the other hand you are not special in the sense that these processes also happened to everyone else.
>>
>>17028895
His rebuttal makes complete sense. I don't understand why it's so hard to understand common sense.
>>
>>17029583
>presupposing that reality has a noun-predicate ontological structure
>not knowing about the infinite regress problem and the possibility of there being events with no underlying objects that are being affected
>>
>>17029583
Objects are a nice abstraction, friendo. That doesn't mean they exist or are even meaningful.
>>
ITT: Nihilists with clinical depression talk shit.
>>
>>17029583
>I like oversimplifying complicated philosophical topics by assuming causality implies an infinite chain of events
>>
>>17028886
You've completely missed the poster's point. Honestly, he wasn't talking philosophy.
>>
>>17029616
>Still thinking in western philosophical notions of causality

>>17029606
this tbhfam
>>
If you close your eyes and carefully touch your eyelid from the left side, you can see in the other side of the lid the real press, like mirror image.
Up is down and left is right in reality, imagine that my friends.
>>
>>17030226
are we just mirror images, like in half? in reality we are just mirrired images of our other half in this matrix?
>>
>>17027619
>What's the fucking point?
The point is...

I absolutely love experiencing this. I wouldn't want you to type anything else but exactly that.
>>
>>17030226
explain how to do more precice.

Do i touch the left side of my left eye, or the left side of my right eye??

Also how can I see anything if my eyes are closed? Do I need to lift my eyelid up?

What is the other side of the lid? Is it the lid of the opposite from where I touch? or is it the opposite side of the lid from the same eye I touch?
Or do you mean the inside of the lid?

I am so confused.
>>
>>17027619
we're a manifestation of knowledge.
>>
>>17030242
Close your eyes and CAREFULLY (don´t hurt yourself) press your left eye from left side; and pay attention of the images you see behind your closed eyelids. You should see the "fingertip" in the other side of your vision. (I see yellow ring made by my fingertip).
Should I draw a picture?
>>
>>17028807
we're you going to see it?
>>
File: shiii.png (11 KB, 631x397) Image search: [Google]
shiii.png
11 KB, 631x397
>>17030260
>>
>>17030287
>>17030260
It worked, but only if I look in a light souce.
It does not work if my entire room is dark.

I guess that makes sense, because we need light to see.

I tried the same with a small LED light in a dark room, but I could clearly see the light at the place where I was pressing, but something even more awesome happened.

I could see all the blood vessels in my eye. It looked like lightning or rivers of light flowing over my entire field of vision. While my eyes where closed. Pretty epic.
>>
>>17030287

You've convinced a dozen neck-beards to poke at their closed eyes. Fucking classic. This really is the stupidest board.
>>
>>17027650
Even if you leave the Earth and colonize the galaxy and shit even leave the galaxy and colonise the whole universe it's pointless since in the end it all dies.
>>
>>17030538

Shave your fucking neck.
>>
>>17030538
Every year the world is ending. Now it's every year the universe is ending.

Yeah and twinkies have an expiration date. Which is earthshattering.

never your mind on. Where you were, what you were doing.

Like an ant worrying about the neighbors santa figurine collection.
>>
>>17030538

This is a starting revelation. Everyone pack up their shit and move back into their parents basements like this neck-beard. There ain't no point to any of this shit. Fuck it.
>>
>>17029111
>Now for life. The only purpose of life is to do good onto others.

What about viruses? Are they alive? If they are, they do not do any good to anyone.
>>
>>17030569

Maybe they're trying to.
>>
>>17030549
>>17030559
>>17030563
You don't feel anything by the fact that the whole human history and civilization will disappear one day sooner or later without a single trace? We are trapped in a system that will end no matter what we do. The fact that there is no way to come up with an invention, a plan, something, anything, that will change the end make you feel frustrated?
>>
>>17030608

You sound like a little bitch.
>>
>>17030608
It makes everyone frustrated. It made our ancestors frustrated. Half the bullshit we do to fill up our days is to distract us from that frustration.
>>
File: 798.png (306 KB, 593x540) Image search: [Google]
798.png
306 KB, 593x540
>>17027619
>babys first existential thoughts

2cute desu
>>
>>17030373
I just lold so hard I think the neighbours heard
>>
>>17027619
There is no point! Which is even better, honestly. You get to decide for yourself why you're here and what you're going to do with your time. The universe doesn't care.
>>
>>17030608
>without a single trace
And so what if it did?

But no, there will be traces no matter what we do.
>>
>>17027619
Organic life an all the pain is only the meal for the Moon, read Gurdjieff.
>>
>>17027619
we are here out of chance. There is no point. Just enjoy your time here. Do what you want. Be happy.
>>
>>17027619
God
>>
>>17030613
you sound very scared of the idea that there is technically no meaning to anything because the universe will inevitably cease to exist in a form where human consciousness survives. so scared that you have to repeatedly attack the person who even brings up the topic.
>>
A primordial soup of self replicating molecules which happens to get trapped inside a phospolipid membrane, adapts to whatever enviorment it is exposed to, simply because the ones who dont cease to replicate. This chase for energy and other prerequicites for self replication leads to organization of multicelled organisms and, eventually, us. Is consiouscness and the search of meaning just a biproduct of the advanced biological machinary mankind evolved to ensure self replication?
>>
It's very cool that we have evolved to the point we can ignore all those instincts.
>>
>>17032008
It's like consciousness override.
>>
>>17031974
Fuck. I'd say you're reading too much into things, but honestly I don't see it at all.
>>
>>17027650
We haven't broken things down nearly as far as they can go yet. What we think now could be as wrong as what people thought 100 years ago.

There's this weird rush in science to say everything is finished and understood but that's far from the truth.
>>
>people and philosophers try to find meaning in life
>we can't even sure how the fuck we're able to think/percieve everyday things

This pretty much led me into nihilistic views. My family wonders why i don't feel like doing anything anymore. How the fuck am i supposed to find any motivation to "work for my future" or stuff like that when i'm not even sure what this world is and i'll never fucking be.
>>
>>17030569
>What about viruses? Are they alive?
No.
For something to be alive it must have atleast Consciousness(To observe ideas or concepts) and 1 other sense like
Seeing
Hearing
Touching
Tasting
Smelling

Wich is why plants, bacteria, or virii dont count as sentient beings.

>>17030608
>We are trapped in a system that will end no matter what we do.
Accept the facts of life.

>>17032045
I feel so sad for nihilists.
Religion is a natural evolutionary process to keep beings away from nihilism and become a normal functioning organism.
Accept religion, doesnt matter wich one. You will see you automatically become more happy.
If like you said there truely is no purpose, then having faith in a religon shouldn't be a problem right?
>>
>>17029606
Holy fuck I lol'd
>>
>>17033224
If something is biological in origin, it's alive. You fucking retard.
>>
>>17027619
> Have you realised how fucking freaky Reality is?
Yes my friend. We see things in the past according to Quantum theory. Light will always take time to travel in a non-vacuum.

The freaky part is the interpretation of the information and the doer, the actor. Some data will trigger various emotions and reactions.
>>
>>17033317
>Light will always take time to travel in a non-vacuum.

Like concrete, or lead.
>>
>>17033350
Im replying to your response x seconds ago
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (217 KB, 1014x711) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
217 KB, 1014x711
>>17033359

And I'm responding second in /x/ to the same post.
>>
>>17027619
We don't just analyze photons, we also have four types of mechanoreceptors and several chemical sensors.
>>
>>17033302
The biological and religious definitions of "Life" are completely different and based on different assumptions.
>>
>>17027619
Why does there have to be a point? Meaning is something man-made and subjective.
>>
>>17027619
Who cares?

You're here, probably. Everybody else is probably here too. And we all enjoy some shit. That is to say, people generally produce dopamine and serotonin and dopamine and serotonin generally get released to the proper receptors when certain shit happens. That's about all that can be said with any degree of certainty. So what else is there to do besides maximize the frequency of that happening, either on an individual scale or on a global scale depending on whether you're an egoist or a utilitarian/altruist?

Or you can just skip that and die now.

It's all very complicated and beautiful and it got that way over a billion trillion years of trial and error. Things with eyes to interpret RF frequencies did a better job of not dying than blind things and in not dying got to fuck more often. Trees that happened to repel only the band of radiation we see as green did a better job of not dying than trees that were black or white or pink for some reason, so the green trees got to fuck and now trees are predominantly green. It all builds like that, like a stalagmite or a legal system. Unless it doesn't. It probably might.

It may or may not have a purpose and/or a meaning, but shitheads have been asking this question ever since the ones inclined to ask this question didn't die and got to fuck, and we still don't have an answer, so just fucking roll with it. You'll be dead soon anyway and then you'll know for sure unless you don't.
>>
>>17030608
no
>>
>>17031974
that's still just 1 possibility..
>>
File: mbrcbqlbrv3x5s9kvxmt[1].png (694 KB, 800x494) Image search: [Google]
mbrcbqlbrv3x5s9kvxmt[1].png
694 KB, 800x494
>>17030608
Yes. I feel liberation.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.