[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /x/! If any board would have those of Wiccan faith, it would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1
File: Ayumi-the-Last-Visitor-MtG-Art.jpg (162 KB, 900x724) Image search: [Google]
Ayumi-the-Last-Visitor-MtG-Art.jpg
162 KB, 900x724
Hey /x/!
If any board would have those of Wiccan faith, it would be /x/, no?

To those of this faith, what is it like? Is it spiritual or mostly a title? Have you seen anything strange with ties to your faith? What practices are standard and which have you taken place in?

Also Wicca general.
>>
Actual Wicca (read: not tween BS) is an initiatory witchcult revolved around two deities, female and male, whose identities are kept secret until you're initiated via the Great Rite by a lineaged coven member of the opposite sex. It was invented by Gerald Gardner in the 50s.
>>
>>17026146
A cult and not a religion?

Can anyone join? Or is it... exclusive?
>>
>>17026148
It's both a witchcult and a mystery religion. To join you must be a legal adult, as traditionally, the Great Rite is intercourse. You must also be a "proper person."
>>
>>17026153
A proper person meaning one living in accordance to what moral system?

Are you a member?
>>
>>17026155
I am not a member, though I used to know one. A proper person is someone who will mesh well with the coven. Morality isn't set in stone for them, per se. The Wiccan Rede is generally what's suggested.
>>
>>17026159
Is there a reason you didn't pursue joining?

Do you know any of the religious practices or the actions of the coven once met?

Is it mostly female or male?

Do you believe that any of the practices hold power? Healing, sight, etc.
>>
>>17026162
I am not interested because it's based on shoddy research that has since been debunked. That, and Gardner basically created it to fuck young women. I know there are degrees a la ceremonial magick and have a scan of their hand-written BoS somewhere. It's female-dominated (their god ranks below their goddess). No, I am not convinced that Wicca imparts members with any special abilities or powers.
>>
>>17026170
Interesting.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>17026176
Np. It's pretty disappointing once you do your research, I know.
>>
>>17026170

AAWWW YEAH sounds like my kinda religion. Gardner was onto something, that greasy old bastard.
>>
>>17026170
Also, do you know of a religion similar to wicca, but one of more legitimate roots?
>>
>>17026180
If bdsm and worshipping skyclad are your bag...
>>
>>17026185
Well, what about Wicca appeals to you?
>>
>>17026178
It is kind of disappointing. I expected nature worship, strong sense of community... Something less of a cheap cult.
>>
>>17026189
>>17026190
^this
Sense of connection with nature. Strong sense of community.
>>
>>17026194
If you're into the occult to meet people then that's where you've first gone wrong.
There just aren't that many in total.
>>
>>17026139
Wicca was completely made up based around an archaeological hypothesis that was proven false as soon as it was posited.
>>
>>17026198
More to find like minded people.
>>
>>17026198
Why aren't there many? Is it not attractive as a religion? Why?
>>
>>17026206
It's dark and its hard and very difficult to grasp.
Like a giant negro phallus.
>>
>>17026194
I can't say for sure since I know more about witchcraft than Paganism overall. You could try something in the reconstructionism vein. There are different flavors of animism as well. Most low magic adherents work alone.
>>
>>17026206
With time though we all learn, I think as people, that large crowds are both not fun or good to be a part of.
As well do I find them largely inaccurate, people just don't have that much in common.
>>
>>17026216
Where did you get your witchcraft information? Do you personally believe there is any weight to any of the practices?
>>
>>17026194
Alexandrian Wicca.
Challenging old-world ceremonial magic.
Big, old fashioned community.

Bet you'd fit right in.
>>
>>17026216
Where would I look to become a magic adherent. Solo or otherwise.
>>
>>17026227
I have to sleep so I can't answer anything else. It's best to research your ancestral background first and then and what's relevant to you geographically. I'll be back tomorrow if the thread's still up.
>>
>>17026227
He just means to acquire magical booms and grimoires and study them alone for a while.
Then seek out affiliation as that you will have a better knowledge of what you are doing and what you want from it.
>>
>>17026241
Booms.
Not booms.
>>
>>17026240
Alright, sleep well. And many thanks anon.
>>
>>17026243
Books
Books
Books
Books.

I'm a Settian worshiper of Leviathan, BTW. In case you were wondering.
>>
>>17026246
>I'm a Settian worshiper of Leviathan, BTW

I'm a fat neckbeard living in my parents basement, BTW.
>>
>>17026246
What does that mean? Your worship I mean. I don't mean to ridicule, I want to know why you worship as you do, and what started you?
>>
>>17026250
I'm a thin kick boxer that moved out when he was 17.
I always valued coldhearted personal selfish gain above most things I could do with my time.
Finally, after doing black magick all of my life, I found a group of magicians who weren't retarded and gay pseudo intellectuals, but were still horrifically egotistical and biased towards their own ways.
And so joined the Temple of Sett.
>>
>>17026257
In simplistic, surface terms: this.
>>17026261
In personal ones, I just always thought that the emptiness in all of us, and in most of the universe should then be able to swallow whole all that could have been and all that ever was.
But it doesn't.
So it must be allowing us to be.

And I just think it's the real, honest, painful truth under it all.
>>
>>17026270
We all come from nothing. We don't keep it all bay.
So it is then our REAL creator.
Forging a god and and a goddess and a timeline for all things to take place within.
>>
>>17026272
The gods mend the universe and create a world, then their pins fall, the role complete, destiny fulfilled. goddesses breathe life into them and they too fall into nothingness. Then it is our turn to evolve the timeline, and its next incarnation be fed a little in its ability, so its rebirth can then be greater.

All while the eyes of unknowable beings withing the empty vaccum watch it all and pull its strings.
>>
>>17026278
So, as such, the Leviathan is all that I will allow myself to worship, as he is gratifiably more powerful (and this is key) TO me than I am.
Even is the secret biblical texts discussing he he would be described as this sort of being that I basically just made up as a child. And then of course continued to believe in and worship all of my life.
>>
>>17026291
Cool. Thanks for the information anon.
>>
>>17026295
Hahaha. Did I scare the fuck out of you or something?

Don't mind me, mate. I'm just trying to make worshipping a demon seem cool.

The fuck else would I be trying to do with it?
>>
>>17026291
Also, any ideas where to look for magical books and grimoires to study?
>>
>>17026291
Lesbian sex. Allowed, encouraged or not?
>>
>>17026303
Seek knowledge or power through worship.

I was just saying that's cool man. Truly.
>>
>>17026306
Anywhere you think really.
While occultists are rare, we always tend to be kind of blowhards. I'd say to try online and it reccomend Crowley and Spare.
vsociety.net/wiki/Magick_eBooks
>>
>>17026309
Absolutely. Outside of abrahemic religion, all sex is not just allowed but it is encouraged.
Unless it's genuinely harmful.
BTW that magic/worship is in what'd called the left hand path.
Magic that is unconcerned with one-ness and takes no stance against harming others as long as there is good reason.
>>
>>17026313
No ancient bookstores from European bloodlines to rummage through?
>>
>>17026323
You can do that too.
But you'll need to know how to decode the text and then wtf is the author talking about in the spellbooks that this stuff is required in.
You could go that route though.
>>
>>17026327
Cool. I'll check out your recommends as well. Thank you anon.
>>
>>17026327
Not that you will never do that, should you decide to dedicate your life to the arcane.
Just like, your first week in its probly not a great idea.
Faggetabowtit.
>>
>>17026329
Aannytime.
I'm here all week.
This year.
Thusly year.
>>
>>17026146
>>17026153
>>17026159
>>17026170
You've literally solved the questions I've had for years, but have never received such straight answers. Thank you very much Anon
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.