[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/x/ related podcasts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: mysteriousuniverse.png (22 KB, 470x260) Image search: [Google]
mysteriousuniverse.png
22 KB, 470x260
So I am attending college, and you often find time to listen to whatever during travel times, studying, and other class activities. I was wondering if /x/ had any good recommendations besides pic related? It's currently the main one I listen to (other than The Generation Why podcast occasionally when they have a good topic). I'm looking for something possibly with interviews, but also they don't go out of there way to disprove whoever or whatever they're discussing. I wasn't able to get into "Stuff They Don't Want You to Know," after they changed from their original 5 minute 2spooky format so that's not viable.

Looking for your help on this.
>>
Try the unexplained with howard huges.

The presenter is a professional radio journalist si when he gets good guests you can have some very good shows. Good voice too.

Can be a little hit or miss though
>>
>>17024117

The /x/ files author The Editor has a list of podcasts here:
https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/16972829/
>>16998054

I'm doing my own homegrown /x/ thing if you feel like something amateur once in a while. In my most recent episode I got reviewbrah to reply to some /x/ questions:
>>17008662

Joe Rogan occasionally has paranormal related guests on as well of course.

Joe w/ Graham Hancock more recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDejwCGdUV8
And he had some bigfoot researchers on at some point but I can't find that at the moment.
>>
>>17024437
Only ones on Editor's thread not listed (that I can think of) are Expanded Perspectives and MothDan's podcast on his YT channel. Check em out.
>>
>>17024117
Anything Ghost
Jim Harold's Campfire
Mysteries Abound
Astonishing Legends
Thinking Sideways
Skeptoid
Lore

Fiction:
TANIS
Black Tapes
Limetown

Also, Stuff To Blow Your Mind has some paranormalish topics from time to time. I also still really enjoy Stuff They Don't Want You To Know. I miss their Illumination Global Unlimited commercials but it's still a pretty solid podcast.
>>
>>17024474
Oh shit, you are MothDan. I'm a fan btw.
>>
File: 1448552847898.jpg (476 KB, 828x1210) Image search: [Google]
1448552847898.jpg
476 KB, 828x1210
I recently started listening to these as some anon recommended it to me as it covers the topics you may be interested in;

http://whatonearthishappening.com/podcast?start=150
>>
>>17024475
Seconding the hell out of The Black Tapes and Limetown (again, they are fiction though)

Black Tapes had a rough start but comes together really nicely (they're on break between seasons 1 and 2)

Limetown is only 5 episodes in but intriguing as all get out
>>
>>17024345
>>17024437
>>17024474
>>17024475
>>17024484
>>17024502

Thanks guys, I appreciate the suggestions.
>>
File: finger-guns.gif (761 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
finger-guns.gif
761 KB, 500x323
>>17024474
>>17024478

Ayy thanks paranormie!
>>
>>17024117
OP i listen to those australian fucks in your pic mysterious universe, the topics they discuss are interesting but the dudes themselves remind me of dicks from reddit.
I love this podcast called "Bob Bain's Farside" (you can find it at www.thefarside.tv )
This guy bob bain works in the radio industry and this podcast is his passion project on the side. he himself was raised in a strict southern baptist household and you can tell that he's only recently (before starting this podcast) started to realize there's a whole lot more to the world of spirituality and the paranormal. It's a stark contrast from the point of view a lot of paranormal podcasters are coming from and it makes the show more interesting (and hilarious)
he has on some great guests who are in the True Believer category of whatever topic they're there to talk about, and often you get the sense that they are eager to go on any show willing to hear their story, but that's not to say that they have nothing to say. They range from loonies, (like a couple who are quite certain they have a sort of polyamorous thing going on with the ghost of Vlad the Impaler) to well researched scholars of the occult (the guy in the voodoo episode).
What's great is with all the topics from anunnaki to remote viewing, it's basically this guy's first time ever hearing of any of them and he asks ALL the dumb questions. He misinterprets his guests so much sometimes i wonder if he is learning anything at all from making this podcast. also he makes a point every time to be sure and ask "if you could time travel, where would you go to and why?" as if it's relevant at all.
This is a hilarious podcast and you should all check it out. Get some keks while getting your dose of the paranormal.
Also the guys accent is kinda funny but sultry
>>
>>17025253
You're not wrong, sometimes they come off a bit crass. Still, I felt that was better than the new Stuff They Don't Want You to Know. That show used to take itself as seriously as it could, even doing creepy music and voices. When they made it an hour long without the atmosphere they were producing you get the sense they present info, then say, "But, we all KNOW that CAN'T happen." It takes away from the show that they can't discuss anything they can open their mind to. It's just become some shittier Stuff You Should Know that thinks it talks about taboo topics. They just go into stuff people already know nowadays. Businesses in politics, nuclear war, and the history of Antartica. Used to be the occult, any tin-foil theory you had, and political espionage.
>>
>>17024117
Out There
>>
>>17026489
yeah they're far too afraid of people being like "you believe that shit!!?!?!" but they do pull out some interesting shit i never would have otherwise heard of like the thing they did about bee-shamanism.
you should really check out bob bain's farside it's awesome.
also did anyone here mention Lore? That's a pretty good one that's paranormal-adjacent
>>
>>654815303
Last podcast on the left
>>
>>17027789
>>17025253
I will, sounds interesting. Especially since he started off almost as new as any of us at some point.
>>
LAST PODCAST ON THE LEFT
>>
Is Mysterious Universe getting worse? I feel like there's barely anything paranormal on it any more with most of the stories being either weird science or zany tabloid fluff like "man gets arse stuck in toilet" or something.

That and Ben and Aaron seem to be more showmen-like these days. All the jokes they crack are canned and fake.

Is it just me? Maybe I'm just getting tired of the show and it's remained the same since I started listening, but I feel like it's actually getting worse.
>>
>>17028129
>>17030617
i gotta say i hate them. they just hail satan and smoke pot.
>>
File: 1447710378888.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1447710378888.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>17030626
I'm liking that they have Dan on there now filling the third chair. He doesn't always blindly agree with them, so he'll take them down roads they consider "worthless" sometimes. He puts more credence in the government conspiracies than Ben and Aaron usually do. The initial stories seem to be tabloid like, but that's also partially because if something crazy happens (like the UFO's over LA the other week) it feels more tabloid like because its been in the news everywhere. But then usually they'll get into the meat of things. Interviews are probably still their strong point, as quite a few people consider going on the show. I think part of it is this season hasn't been really strong, as I thought last season was much better with MK Ultra, Bigfoot collection, and a few others.
>>
Sword and Scale is pretty good. They mostly discuss true crimes from all time periods. Though most of it consist of audio recordings and interviews
>>
>>17024475
>Mysteries Abound
This. MA is my absolute favorite by far.
Also another excellent fiction podcast is Knifepoint Horror. I truthfully rarely like fiction podcasts but this one is really good. I recommend starting with staircase or chasm.
>>
File: classic-vampirism.png (251 KB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
classic-vampirism.png
251 KB, 540x303
>>17030853
I do love Mysteries Abound. The host reads off strange stories and news. It's less like a talk/interview show and more like having someone read you an eerie bed time story.

I still like Mysterious Universe and I actually like their skepticism. I do agree that sometimes they go off on tangents about shit that's just silly instead of paranormal but I enjoy that.

I also second Howard Hughes' stuff. Dude is chill af and aside from the occassional conspiracy dingbat, the show is well-produced and enjoyable.

Real Ghost Stories Online used to be decent but anymore, the hosts put ALL of their really good stories behind a paid subscription. The shit that makes it onto the free version is boring. I get needing to drum up funds to keep your show going but...

Darkness Radio is worth a listen. Sometimes the hosts try a little too hard to be 'zany' and it gets tedious. The main hosts are pretty down-to-earth though. I'm glad their side-hosts moved on because literally none of them were entertaining and all of them talked about their shitty side projects, even if they had nothing to do with the paranormal.
>>
File: image.png (534 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
image.png
534 KB, 700x525
>>17024117
>>
File: image.png (204 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
204 KB, 400x400
>>17024117
And this
>>
>>17030653
> he doesn't hail mimself
Really the only thing that bothers me about Last Podcast is when they get all tumblr-y. Other than that, it's my favorite podcast out there.
>>
>>17027789
what do you mean by paranormal adjacent? I'm not the OP but i'm basically looking for a podcast that's like "ok, today is Black Knight Satellite, here's all the shit about it", kind of a stuff you should know about x type stuff
>>
File: Knifepoint-Horror.jpg (95 KB, 600x544) Image search: [Google]
Knifepoint-Horror.jpg
95 KB, 600x544
>>17030853
Seconding.
>>
Mysterious Universe is my main, but darkness radio is the only other one I enjoy listening to.
>>
Any other spic here?

http://www.ivoox.com/podcast-terra-incognita_sq_f11544_1.html
>>
I rember I used to frequent a site called Real Ghost Stories. I guess they apparently have a podcast now, and it's a pretty entertaining listen. They upload pretty frequently too, almost every day of the week.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.