[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, help my memory... Some time ago I read the story of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1111.jpg (44 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
44 KB, 640x512
Hey guys, help my memory...
Some time ago I read the story of an ex-soldier from east europe, who was alone in a house hearing a lot of noises. He called a friend, and was talking in real time in /x/ about what was happening. The story was later on pastebin...

Does anybody remember what I'm talking about?
>>
Found it.
The story of Strah
http://pastebin.com/wm5c6bw4
>>
That was some good OC, I remember these threads.
Strah means "fear" in many slavic languages.
>>
good read
>>
Yep great reading, but i have sevral questions, i am not an expert on the region, but Bosnians, are mainly muslims, and muslims were the target of the etnic cleasing perfomerd by the croatians and the serbs. So if Strah was a soldier that make all this awful things, he would be serbian... just saying maybe someone with more knowladge about the region can enlight me...
>>
>>17024240
The Bosniak's are basicaly Serbs and Croats who converted to Islam during the Ottoman occupation.Today Bosnia & Herzegovina is divided into two parts it is a federation btw.Those parts are Bosnia and Herzegovina and Republic of Srpska.The former is rulled from Sarajevo and is mostly muslim,it has 60% of the population.The later is the Orthodox Serbian autonomous republic that is rulled from Banjaluka. I'm from Serbia and although I have high national pride I'll try to explain the situation from back than
as objectively as I can.
>>
>>17025051
So although nationalistic notions did play an important part in the breakup of Yugoslavia they were a mere instrument that the polititians of the time used to their own personal benefits.The first republic to seccede was Slovenia,the most western republic which was also pro-westernly oriented.During its seccession the Yugoslav Peoples Army did not try to stop it to openly it mostly retreated to Croatia and soon Italian,German and Brittish troops arived in Slovenia.And it was officaly out.Note that the American and European Union governments had a key role in the dismantlement of Yugoslavia.Some say that they caused it and I also believe that.
>>
>>17025086
Soon after Slovenia secceded Croatia fell into turmoil.Nationalistic groups started calling for war and the ethnic cleansing of Serbs,the neo-ustasha groups were gaining support.They were basically neo-nazis their parolle was "za dom spremni" meaning , ready for the homeland.Soon news of this reached Serbia and simmilar nationalistic notions were started brewing there.Chetniks (right-wing royalists were gaining support).In the same time in the multyethnic Bosnia things were allready about to reach a boiling point.The muslims were being armed by a third party and the Serbs and Croats were doing the same.A month of gut-wrenching silence enveloped Yugoslavia in which time the YNA (Yugoslav Peoples Army) was having a problem with desertions.Macedonia the southern most part consisted out of Serbs,Bulgarians,Greeks and Albanians used this calm before the storm to declare independance.In their teritories there were almoast no YNA presence...And than the Croats declared independance.
>>
>>17025150
The YNA (Basicaly consisting out of Serbs by now) started retreating from Croatia into Serbia and Bosnia.The Croatian millitias used ambushes to whither down the YNA although there were no major battles the Croatians popularized each and every victory in their medias no matter how marginal it was.When the YNA crossed into Bosnia almoast immidiately war broke out ... You know what, fuck this! I just cant...Let me just say that there were horrors during that war and everybody commited their share of atrocities...But immagine this.I was part of a battalion that was evacuating through Slavonia to Serbia.There were small skirmishes but nothing more.We crossed the border ok and stayed there to guard the border.Days later the civilians started coming in Endless columns of Serbs driven out of their homes walking on foot started crossing the border...What was this shit WW2? Than a week later we were given a order to cross into Croatia to evacuate an Serbian town in southern Slavonia relatively close to the border...Only the old,sick and the young stayed beacause they couldent walk...Humans are animals...What horrors we can do to each other is unbelivable...We entered a city of the dead.The houses were looted some burned,we found four bodies of elders in different houses one had his throath cut the other three had their heads bashed in to the point where they were turned into pulp...And than...A scream from one of our soldiers...A grown man was fucking crying...A soldier,crying.
>>
I see, but as i understand the war, and you are kind of confirming it, is that the real awful things were done by the serbs and the croatians, and the target were the muslims bosnians. And if Strah was bosnian, would he be part of a cleaning squad?
>>
>>17025246
We followed the sound.He was standing outside of a charred orthodox church...He was sitting to the right side of it crying and bashing his rifle to the ground.I was the officer so I had someone disarm him so he wouldent shoot someone by accident and take him away...And than I smelled it...It smelled of burned meat...I felt a rush of vertigo envelop me.I felt sick,angry,helpless.Later I found out i had tears streaming down my face.It was like I wasnt there ,that this was all just a fucked up dream...I was in denial.I dropped my rifle and went into the church...You can try to imagine how it looked like,some of you cynics wouldent believe it or will chose to not believe it.
Actually thats probably it I'm just wasting my time.
To the guy who asked about Yugoslavia in that time.Thank you you reminded me to hate Croatians again.Also if you want you could watch a movie "Lepa sela lepo gore" in english "Pretty Village,pretty flame" there are plenty of subs and its even on you tube.That movie incapsulates the cancer that grew in the hearths of men in the 90's...Makes me cry every time...
>>
>>17025282
Just watch the movie I recomended in the last post.Muslims did awful things too there were no good guys in that war.
>>
>>17025333
OK man, thx for the suggestion, sorry to bring up memories you probably do not want anymore.
>>
>>17025374
No problem.I should apologize as well.Btw Serbia and Croatia today are much different countries than in those times.We are stable and safe countries today.The new generations dont remember the wars and the older ones are broken and worn out.If you ever visit Croatia you will like their capital city of Zagreb its a nice little place and Their coastlines especially Dalmatia with the cities of Zadar,Split and Dubrovnik are truly beautiful.If you ever visit Serbia you will be surprised of how fun Belgrade is,you might visit our mountain resorts and ski centers or historical heritage sites if you are into roman and medieval history and architecture.
>>
I all ways thought the Serbs got a bad press in the uk during the war . I remember the whole 'concentration camp' thing getting debunked
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.