[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rune readings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3
File: runes-clear-quartz--[2]-2336-p.jpg (77 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
runes-clear-quartz--[2]-2336-p.jpg
77 KB, 800x533
Sup /x/,

I bought a rune set at my local metaphysical shop yesterday. I have no prior experience with runes, but I've done some tarot work.

In fact, you may have some recollection of me as "Corvidae" or "halloween tarot deck guy". Probably not, but worth a shot, eh?

Anyway, I need to get some time in with these things, so I'm doing some rune readings for you fine folk.

I'll be doing a simple three rune reading of "past, present, future." The reading will be done thusly: I have a plank of wood (supposed to be a shelf, lol) that I have drawn two circles on with some soapstone. One small circle is encompassed into the larger circle. I will cast my runes onto the board, and whichever three land closest to the center shall be chosen in the order of closest to furthest away (i.e 1 is past, 2 is present, 3 is future).

Before I perform your reading, this is what I need:

1. Your question, issue, or what have you that you want advice or clarification on.

2. A colored shape that you can "focus" your question into, something that you can connect with, ya dig? I.e. Green triangle, purple octagon, yellow star etc.

3. Patience. Once again, this is my first time at reading runes, so I will definitely be slow.

4. Understanding. Know that all of my readings simply show the most likely outcome if you follow your current course of action/ideals/etc. Nothing is set in stone (ha, runestones), and everything can be altered.

Chill? Chill, let's do this.
>>
it's the same shit as writing the letters of the alfabet and giving them meaning, runes weren't some kind of magic they were used to write you uncultured fag
>>
File: serveimage5.jpg (527 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
serveimage5.jpg
527 KB, 1024x768
>>17023077
Lots of writing is considered magic.
>>
>>17023077
Dice were used for divination. Numerology the same.

Tea leaves, ink in water, wax in water, and the flight and behaviour of birds. All were used as forms of divination.

>implying anyone gives a fuck about how you feel.
>>
Will my current path remain lonely but progressive?
Burnt orange triangle
>>
>>17023091

Your past is Sowilo in the upside-down position. Sowilo represents the sun, illumination. But in the opposing, it represents secrets, a lack of warmth. The best I can figure is tying into your "loneliness." Things felt like they were hidden from you, or perhaps that you did not have something that you ought to, or you lacked what everyone else had.

Your present is Ehwaz in the upside-down position, a rune representing the horse. It often represents change, progress, movement. But in the opposing position it represents lethargy, a feeling of moving backwards as opposed to forwards, or a pinch on your line of thought, being unable to think clearly. You may be moving forward, but you feel like you are not.

Your future is the rune of Gebo, upright. Gebo often represents a gift, and a force of balance, equal on both ends. Keep an keen eye out for those who extend a hand in friendship, or even in love. But remember that nothing is gained without some manner of sacrifice. I re-emphasize the word "balance."

Good luck, my friend.
>>
>>17023053
1. General reading about my immediate future on the path I'm on

2. Lavender square

Thanks.
>>
>>17023053
How to improve my love life?

Light Blue circle
>>
>>17023128
Your past is also Sowilo, but in the upright position. You felt complete, as if everything was "right" in the world.

Your present is two runes, Othala upright and Ehwaz in opposition. Othala often reprents ancestral inheritance or property. You have come into possession of something that belonged to another, or perhaps simply stumbled into some manner of abundance. This may be wealth, knowledge, women, or any number of things. But Ehwaz in opposition shows that you feel trapped in whatever situation you've found yourself in, unable to progress, held back.

Your future shows the rune of Dagaz, representing the Dawn. Through your aforementioned struggles, you will eventually find your way out. You will progress, and perhaps find yourself back in the influence of Sowilo again.

Gods go with you, friend.
>>
>>17023117
Thanks for lettibg me be a guinea pig. A lot of that resonates along my life, keep it up
>>
>>17023053
1. When will I find my partner, my companion in this life? or What, if anything, should I do about my crush at work?
2. green circle

Thanks
>>
>>17023140

Your past is the rune Ansuz in opposition. You were mislead or manipulated by a past love interest, or perhaps s/he simply grew bored of what you had and decided to move on.

Your present is that of Mannaz in the upright. You are preoccupied with your status in life. How she feels about you, whether someone thinks you're cool or interesting, the general social order and how that places you (and as a continuation, how your potential suitors may look at you).

Your future is two runes, Raidho and Sowilo, both are in opposition. You seek to move forward and find your lover, but the night is moonless, and you cannot see where to go. You are stuck.

Perhaps you can evaluate your current state, and change something to smooth the road. Turn on your brights. Nothing is set in stone, my friend. Good luck.
>>
>>17023185
Thank you for going along, and thanks for the feedback. It is very much appreciated!
>>
>>17023200
Thank you, the past is right
As the present, I'm still trying to move on from my ex and trying to get more sociable
Now to think what to change for the future is the challenge
Bless you Corvidae
>>
>>17023198
Your past is the rune of Thurisaz in opposition. Someone close to you in the past has harmed you, making it difficult to grow close to someone now. Thurisaz oftentimes means "thorn," and like a rose, your defenses are always up, so as to not be caught in a cycle of hatred, anger, and depression again.

Your present is that of Ehwaz in opposition. Your current state is one of seeking something new, but also perhaps of feeling stuck, or moving backwards.

Your future is the rune of Berkano in opposition. It shows trouble, opposition, a poor harvest. Your crop will be poor.

As for your work crush, I decided to do a one-rune pull. The rune was that of Kenaz. This can represent passion, sex, love. But on the opposition, it can also represent heart-ache, a break, and a feeling of vulnerability.

Tread lightly, my friend. May the gods be with you.
>>
>>17023255
Why am I not surprised with that....

Thanks
>>
>>17023230
May the Gods be with you, my friend. :)
>>
>>17023265
Once again, nothing is set in stone. See what you might could improve in your life, and see what that gets you. Poor soil reaps a poor harvest, but rich soil brings enough to feed a village.

Everyone deserves some manner of happiness, and I wish you the best in that endeavor.
>>
As there are no further queries at this time, I'll be taking a short break to play a little bit of Battlefield: Hardline.

If you have any need or want for a reading, please post and I will catch up with you in about an hour to an hour and a half, depending on how badly I get my ass kicked.
>>
Where can i learn this? Any ebook?
>>
>>17023344
I just basically use google, and look at what different sites have to say about the runes. Sometimes they'll be a little bit different, so you just have to combine the two and apply it to what your query is.
>>
Hello, friends. I have returned. If anyone is interested, I am still doing readings.
>>
>>17023489
Hello there

How will things with this guy go?
light pink diamond
>>
General meeting of whether or not I'm doing good

Red Circle
>>
Is the career path I'm taking the right decision?
black heart
>>
>>17023156
Thanks, friend/brother.
>>
>>17023501
>>17023503
>>17023506

My bad, was checking out another thread. Readings underway momentarily!
>>
>>17023489
If your still around or when you have time?

Should I stay to should I move back home?

Green star
>>
1. What does my future look like?
2. Light green square

Thanks
>>
>>17023501
Your past is Jera upright. Jera represents the harvest, and yours was a good one. Happiness and fulfillment was to be found, but beware, as everything has its season. The season of sewing turns to the season of reaping, and the season of reaping turns once again into the season of snow and ice.

Your present is the rune of Kenaz in opposition. This represents vulnerability, a state of false hope and unfulfilled desires and wishes.

Your future is the rune of Perthro in opposition. This represents a poor lot, you have gambled too much and lost what you brought. This represents loneliness, or a lack of something.
>>
>>17023511
Happy to be of service.

May the Gods be with you, friend.
>>
Fuck, seems my rune set has one extra of Gebo, and lacks a Nauthiz. I will return shortly, folks.
>>
>>17023603
Apparently, I am a complete fucking moron. I realized this before I left, luckily. Some of the runes happen to look very similar, but are not the same at all. Continuing with the readings.
>>
Ok OPi. My uncertainity about what to do with my life mounts yet again.
To a point I cant bring myself to do anything productive in my field of study. Some kimd of defense mechanism that wemt autoaggressive.
What to do? Whats the case? Sign is a res triangle reversed
>>
I know it's overdone, but I'm curious about love.

purple triangle
>>
1. Is medicine the career path I want?

2. Purple Rectangle
>>
>>17023053
How will my relationship with my girlfriend go (wonky atm)

A blue Octant

Thanks in advanced my friend.
>>
>>17023503

Your past is the rune of Algiz in favor. This rune represents success, or the defending of yourself or others. I'm not quite sure how this one ties into your general life. Perhaps you were fiercely protected by someone, or maybe you were the one to do the protecting? This rune also represents a connection with the gods, and the spiritual self.

Your present is the rune of Kenaz in favor. This is a powerful rune, representing the torch. It signals passion, power, authority, and in some instances, fuckin'. Just as the torch illuminates the darkness, and gives you power over that which dwells within. You too have that pivotal moment in your life at this time.

Your future is the rune of Dagaz. This rune represents the breaking dawn, and the illumination that it brings. You will have further moments of brilliance and growth, and in the dawn you may find true hope and happiness.
>>
>>17023053
Hi Corvidae, if you have the energy and time, I'd love for you to read for me. Here's my info:

1. My ex keeps contacting me to talk, even though she's now in a new relationship. I would like some insight into why (is she bored, does she still have feelings for me, is this platonic, etc.) she's doing this.

2. Glow in the dark question mark, but if that doesn't work then I'll go for a navy blue circle.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I'll give you feedback if you get to me.
>>
>>17023053
1.Will I be successful at the career i'm pursuing
2.Yellow square, thanks!
>>
>>17023506
black heart? 2edgy4me

Your past is the rune of Laguz in opposition. This rune represents water, and all that goes along with it. You were caught in what felt like a whirlpool, and no matter how hard you swam and tried to get away, you felt as if you were inevitably being sucked into the deep. Or perhaps you were more akin to the beach swimmer caught in a riptide and not being able to make it back to shore. Either way, this was a dark time for you, and you felt like you were sinking, and going nowhere fast.

Your present is the rune of Jera in favor. This rune represents harvest. You feel like you've accomplished something. You finally swam out from the riptide and made it back to shore. Now if only those poor bastards you left behind could learn to do the same.

Your future is the rune of Gebo in opposition. Beware of becoming to greedy, or perhaps of becoming a workaholic. You may even feel obligated to do more than your fair share, to show how important you are, but beware of over-sacrificing and exhausting yourself. Try and find a balance.

>>
Will it work out with her? I love her, but I'm not sure that it will be good for her or myself to be together.

Purple square.
>>
>>17023820
I realised how lame my shape and colour combination was after I posted lol. It was originally going to be pink but I decided to go with black since I prefer that colour.

Thanks for the reading though. I think it's interesting that my past reading had a lot to do with water/drowning, since I would often have dreams about that and they would progressively get worse as time went on. In those dreams I would acknowledge past ones about drowning, too.
>>
>>17023523

Your past is the rune of Perthro in opposition. This would represent a sense of loneliness, or one of stagnation. The desire or urge to "break out."

The present is the rune of Dagaz in favor. This represents the dawn, a moment of brilliance or enlightenment. It heralds the time to begin a journey, and ignites within you a ray of hope.

Your future is the rune of Sowilo in favor. This rune represents the sun. Indeed, it represents fulfillment, enlightenment, and a time of absolute positivity.

My guess is that your past represents your desire to leave your home town, thus why you moved originally. To escape the mundanity of wherever it may have been. Your present is viewing the sunrise as the sunset, you may feel like you've reached the end of your journey, when in fact it's only begun. And your future, well, that's up to you. But go with your gut, and don't feel obligated to anyone or anything. It's your life to live, and your road to travel, friend.
>>
>>17023534
Your three jumped out of the bag. Let's see how this bodes for you!

Your past is Dagaz in opposition. They say that it's darkest before the sun rises, and this rune would agree. A feeling of being lost, hopelessness, maybe even fear are felt here.

Your present is Jera in favor. You waited out the darkness and the sun has finally risen. Just as Jera represents a good harvest, so too does your life show the fruit of your labors. Now is a time of peace, of prosperity. Enjoy it.

Your future is the rune of Othala in opposition. Beware of squandering what you have earned. This rune in opposition represents poverty, struggle. Or maybe you have alienated some folk in your time of abundance, and your orlog has caught up to you. In short, check yo'self before you wreck yo'self.

Gods go with you, my friend.
>>
>>17023820
Could you do this one friend? :)
>>17023764
>>
>>17023905
This is the last I'm doing for about an hour or so. I'll get back to all of you shortly.
>>
>>17023905
Thanks brother.
>>
>>17023912
Going in order, mate. And about to take a bit off, but I'll go ahead and knock yours' out, since you asked so nicely.

Your past is the rune of Raido, in opposition. Things felt as if they were not the way they should be, a feeling of helplessness, of being unavenged, and being stuck.

Your present is the rune of Fehu in opposition. You feel bound to your current predicament, like you can't get away from it. You're burnt the fuck out, pretty much. You believe there could be much more to it, but you're about tired of the shit in the meantime.

Your future is Tiwaz in favor. This rune is about justice, and about rationality. There is no room for emotion, only cold logic. If you are the one to be applying this rationality, it will work out in your favor.

>>
>>17023946
Thanks a lot friend! may you have a good rest.

and wow logic...this is interesting to say the least, and yeah this is how I feel.
>>
Remember, OP, the first step to failing is trying.
>>
Hey corvidae, I'm going to take your name as an omen.
I'm plagued with nightmares, visions, real life occurrences of crows and ravens. Since I was a child I've always had a connection to them, they would sing for me and follow me.
But it really started to go bad when a diviner told me the crow wasn't my spirit animal and it was trying to make me his. I've tried to push it away and the nightmares started. I don't feel safe anymore. I asked another diviner who told me that was no animal, that was no crow, and I should rid myself of it. Only I can't. I see crows everywhere now. I hear them. Can you help?
>>
>>17023861
Very good my friend. Quite impressed actually. I recently moved halfway across Canada with my girlfriend for the sake of adventure. We were recently feeling homesick with the holidays around the corner, our lack of friends here and the fact that we left good careers and futures back home and are basically staring at the bottom again. I was considering packing up and heading back to our boring old life but I think I'll wait it out and see were this goes. Assuming you actually cast the runes and didn't just guess what I wanted to hear, they are spot on. Thank you again, the runes have chosen you well.
>>
File: 17.jpg (103 KB, 649x1000) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
103 KB, 649x1000
>>17023053
How do I find the type of girlfriend that I feel I would love?

Orange Star,
>>
>>17023077

> uncultured fuck

The runes came to Odin as he hung himself from a tree

Do you want to rethink what you said? Because you sound retarded.
>>
>>17023961
Fail and fail till at last you succeed.

About to do some more readings, folks. Hold on to your tits (unless you're a dude, that'd just be weird. Fatty.)
>>
>>17024132
The ogham, which is the celtic alphabet, also has a very interesting origin story. And much like Odin's runes, they were the source of great knowledge.

Letters and words seem to be the penultimate tool, really. It's what separates us from the animals, among other things.

Ironically, druidic teachings were mostly oral traditions as opposed to written. Thus making the lore of the ogham far more curious and entertaining.
>>
Bump for hurry up
>>
>>17023724

Your past rune is Sowilo in favor. This represents a feeling of fulfillment and success, a wholeness with everything.

Your current rune is Ehwaz in favor. Believe it or not, you're going somewhere. Progress is being made for the better.

Your future rune is that of Fehu in opposition. This indicates failure, poverty, and just all around shittiness.

As for how to apply that? Things were okay for awhile before, but you're doing yourself now, even though things are going better than you realize. If you continue down the road of shutting the fuck down, you're doomed to repeat the same process of advance and regress into poverty.

You can do it, my friend. Look for strength within.

May the gods be with you.
>>
>>17023053
What path does my future hold?

Green Triangle
>>
>>17023736

Your past rune is Sowilo in opposition. You have had loves in the past, ones you thought would hold true, fail outright. A series of what you thought would be successes turned out to be failures. The reason is unclear. Possibly you believed in something you knew to be improbable, maybe you took some poor advice, either way this has jaded you.

Your present rune is that Gebo in opposition. The main point here is that you are experiencing loneliness, and a need for love and acceptance.

Your future rune is that of Jera in opposition. Something will keep you from attaining what you want in the near future. Maybe your timing is off, or maybe your desire to find someone comes off as overbearing and off-putting. You know your flaws and desires better than I do, my friend. Find something to improve on, and perhaps Jera will fall in your favor the next time.

Gods go with you, my friend.
>>
>>17024446
Hopes be that reverse Fehu is just a warning.
Thanks for it man. It is reassuring to hear I'm on a right track all along. Have a lovely night.
>>
>>17023761
Your past is the rune of Gebo in favor. You were in good company, and you were in a state of balance. All of your affairs were in order: financial, social, and romantically.

Your present is the rune of Jera in opposition. Things at this time are strained. I am not sure what is troubling you, but Jera in opposition often occurs during some major change or event in your life, or in many instances represents a stranglehold on your financials.

Your future rune is that of Isa in favor. It seems to be further reinforcing the previous point. Some great big "blob" is in your way right now, and preventing you from finding the balance you had before. Whether it be mental, financial, spiritual or otherwise, take a little time out to evaluate your current state of affairs. Find your inner balance first, and then project that outwards. Once you can do that, look at your career choice in the new light and re-evaluate then.

Best of luck, friend, and may the gods be with you.
>>
>>17023053
General reading about my future
Green Triangle

Thank you anon
>>
General reading about love and life,past and future
Black Triquetra
>>
>>17024513
Sorry folks, but this was the last reading I'll be able to do for the evening. I'll try and get back to this thread tomorrow evening if I have some spare time.

Gods be with all of you.
>>
>>17024491
Haha thank you. Falling into old patterns and learning to break them.
>>
>>17024651
Hey pal, I've gotta be somewhere tomorrow.
Sorry to ask, but could you please read me?
>>17024124
>>
>>17023053
1. what should i be doing with my life? I just need a little guidance.

2. Orange octagon.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.