[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /x/, i got a record player yesterday (cheap asf because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (470 KB, 1200x2033) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
470 KB, 1200x2033
Alright /x/, i got a record player yesterday (cheap asf because of black friday) and when my dad saw it he got all freaked the fuck out like i brought a ouija board home. I asked him what his deal was and he said when he was a kid him and my uncle had a led zeppelin vinyl, and there was an urban myth that when you played the record backwards it started saying satanic shit so like any other 12 and 16 year old boy would fucking do they played it backwards on the record player and he said the only thing coming out of the player was,"SATAN IS MY GOD, SATAN IS MY GOD"
And it repeated that like a shitload of times. My uncle snapped the vinyl and threw it out and they tried to forget about it. I also dont know which vinyl it was or which album, all i know is it was zeppelin.

So is zeppelin satanic /x/? Anyone got a recording of this, experiences stories? Also backwards song thread.

(Pic related, its my new record player)
>>
Move out of dad`s house. He is obviously wrong.
Led zepplin is highly recommended for astral projection and third eye opening.
Get zozo it great.
>>
Zep is not satanic.
They were farm boys doing a marriage of blues, folk and rock.
Btw, it was probably Led Zeppelin IV album and the song was Stairway To Heaven.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbNqeDr5mlQ

Don't be a retard tho. You know damn well that there's no hidden message. That was just the conservative fags pissed off cause they were sexy motherfucking rock gods stealing all the chicks.
>>
>>17020931
Oh thanks anon. Do you know of any other songs that when played backwords have hidden messages and shit though? I know that everyone bites the dust played backwards says,"its fun to smoke marijuan" or some shit like that, which is pretty fucking cool imo
>>
jimmy page is a well known occultist kek
>>
>>17020894
lol you still live with your parents
>>
>>17020910
too bad led zeppelin is fucking awful
>>
>>17020931
Zepplin stole literally every major hit they ever had

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPacwjW67Ww
>>
>>17020894

Judas Priest went to court over this exact kinda thing, some kids shot each other, one kid of the kids survived and said they had been listening to Judas Priest backward before they decided to shoot each other and other than that he didn't know they decided to shoot each other. True story.
>>
>>17021024
Yeah but is he a actually a Satanist? Cause it would be weird if he wasn't and it was really saying that stuff about satan.
>>
If you play any song backwards you're going to hear weird shit fag notice how you can only hear satanic verses when the lyrics are provided to you? You can play any song backwards and make it say whatever you want
>>
>>17021055

Why would it be weird anon?
>>
>>17021055

Do you think the smurfs was written by little blue men anon?
>>
File: Led_Zeppelin_1979.jpg (34 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
Led_Zeppelin_1979.jpg
34 KB, 460x300
>>17020894

Why would just seeing a turntable freak out Dad?

The Crosley CR49-BK Traveler ( shown in your pic ) doesn't have the capacity to play records backwards. And as someone that grew up in the era of turntables don't give me any BS about you handspinning it backwards or 'reverse wiring' it. ( At the time you taped it on a reel to reel, then cut and spliced the tape reversed to get it to play "backwards", now a days of course: computer. )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DHVN7

Fun Fact No One Else but Me Cares About: First time I took LSD was at a Led Zeppelin concert. ( "Stairway to Heaven" was played, the song that is supposed to have the SeKret Backwards Message!) Pretty damn sure it was 1973. Excellent Acid, bought it last second as I entered the arena from a frizzy space cadet. Holy Fuck. Great Acid. Whoa. Still freaks me out thinking about it...like ...dude FUCK. The red blistering peeling skin on everyone there, Hell, then a dark empty eternity... whoa... somekinda yellowish blotter. Damn. A most excellent trip. Where am I? Holy fuck? 4chan? How'd did I get here? Hey...
>>
>>17021145

lol u a cool guy
>>
File: fajit_bait.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fajit_bait.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
>>17021029
>>
>>17021030
They didnt.
Many passages/sections from songs were already done 10 or 20 yr before them by the original blues artists and EVERYONE was doing their versions of it. Led Zep's just turned out to be more famous than all those other bands so that's why the take all that bullshit.

>>17021145
Lucky as fuck. I'd probably sell my soul to go back in time an watch them play live. You must also be well over 50.
Any more interesting stories?
>>
>>17021073
Dude.... wut?
No
I just want to know how deep they went
>>
>>17021215
>You must also be well over 50.

Umm, try 60.

>Any more interesting stories?

Hmm, hung out with a cult for a while called Rainbow Island. They had control of some real nice land with a very nice house they were slowly destroying thru neglect. Best thing is they shared a boundary with a US Navy site way the fuck inland. On it was a mock VC concentration camp. Word was that carrier pilots had to spend a week there to be ready for what might happen if they got shot down. We could climb this one hill and look down on it, fences, guard towers and out in the middle of a parade ground 'tiger cages', a form of torture pit. Never saw a single human there, but we'd sat up there and got high staring at it a couple of times. One side of hill Fake `Nam, other side of hill real-life LSD land.
>>
>>17021264
Damn, that shit sounds awesome. I wish I could go back and just live for a while in the 60s/70s. Maybe it was shittier back then, but it seems like things were so much more relaxed. Maybe it's just the rose-tinted glasses but if I could go back in time I'd have a shit load of fun.
>>
>>17021264
>>17021145
You are to /mu/ what I am to /vr/ and here we meet on /x/ please continue
>>
>>17021030
>cracked
kill yourself
>>
>led zeppelin vinyl
>"uncle snapped the vinyl and threw it out"

Fuck your superstitious husk of an uncle, dude.
>>
>>17021319
>seems like things were so much more relaxed. Maybe it's just the rose-tinted glasses but if I could go back in time I'd have a shit load of fun.

It was fun & way more relaxed. Main thing for us was STAY AWAY from junkies. The police pretty much left us alone as we were just smoking pot and doing hallucinogens and looking weird - we caused the cops no headaches. But the cops hated the junkies as they were breaking into homes and cars and passing out in public, cops didn't like that. Made them look bad. So they hassled the junkies. Cops would just see a junkie, pull over and make them take off their shoes and show them between their toes "looking for tracks", just to fuck with them. Too many bad vibes for us, we stayed far way. Fuck, now a days cops are all army geared out and tense as shit, I'm far more scared of cops now a days and I'm not even doing anything.
>>
>>17021145
Dude. First time I tripped at a gig was Hawkwind, Glastonbury Festival 1981 I think. I'd never seen a laser before. Peachey.
>>
>>17021320
>please continue

Hmm, just one more. Memory Lane in Drugland thread prolly really belongs on some other chan.

But back to Rainbow Island. Great parties, god awful bootleg beer or ale or someshit in reused Budweiser bottles, lots of hash and one time: The Canned Mushrooms. They whipped out this card board box with Chinese printing and logos on it. In the box was what looked like cans of commercial grocery store mushrooms. Inside the sealed cans were baggies of what looked like thinly spliced dried ears or kneecaps or some shit. Word was they were psychedelic mushrooms they had got from China. Who knows what the fuck it was. Rainbow Island wanted us to be the guinea pigs and see if they were any good. Hell, yeah, we're all like gimme a handful. ( Damn we were dumb. ) ANYWAY they were psychedelic, but not way so. But the best part was this one kid broke out in huge purple splotches pretty quick after eating them, some kind of allergic reaction. But the kid was was so stoned he REFUSED to believe the splotches were real!! Fuck, knows why. He was getting all pissed saying that we were all just telling him he had splotches all over him to freak him out. How he got this idea, who knows. He kept getting angry if we mentioned it and so we ignored him. Later he got up & wandered off into the dark. To this day I have no idea what became of him.
>>
Your dad and uncle sound like a couple of mildly retarded guys. Do you live in a government assisted apartment complex? I bet those dumbfucks used to huff brake fluid together in sleeveless whitesnake shirts.
>>
>>17020894
>crosley
your dad freaked out because of your shitty ass record player, get an Audiotechnica or something, anything but crosley
>>
I'm sorry to tell you, but that player will seriously harm your records. I strongly recommend getting another one, not a Crosley.
>>
File: broken_record-wide.jpg (17 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
broken_record-wide.jpg
17 KB, 300x188
>>
File: broken-record.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
broken-record.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
>>
>>17020894
>Aeroplane over the sea
Good choice op
>>
The only thing spooky about this thread is how a company managed to market a brand of shitty record-destroying turntables to an entire generation. OP, return that junk before your Urban Outfitters ITAOTS repress gets lathed.
>>
>>17020894
Zeppelin fans are insufferable faggots who are way too proud of themselves. That's my input for this thread.
>>
File: Reaction787.gif (981 KB, 342x239) Image search: [Google]
Reaction787.gif
981 KB, 342x239
>>17021029
>>
>>17021055
He worked on the soundtrack for "Lucifer Rising" a movie by Anton Levay.

I'm also 95% certain he admitted to being a Thelemite before.
>>
File: william-s-burroughs.jpg (42 KB, 400x564) Image search: [Google]
william-s-burroughs.jpg
42 KB, 400x564
Archived thread w/ link to Interview of Jimmy Page by William S. Burroughs... it quickly becomes clear Page is a bit of poser, Burroughs is so far beyond Page it's sad.

>>17012641
>>
>>17021512
were they at all connected to the rainbow family?

I've heard a few stories about them, but then again, who knows how many cults/families/whatever there are
>>
>>17021207
>>17024622
Underageb&
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.