[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are we supposed to learn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
File: Paths-to-take-17.jpg (69 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
Paths-to-take-17.jpg
69 KB, 500x376
in this "material world"? What do we (individually) have to find out before we can move onto the next plane of existence/consciousness when we die?

There are things we are definitely NOT supposed to do. Namely causing harm to others.
>>
Experience

Everything in this world goes full circle regardless
>>
>>17018960
but what about to teach? is having kids necessary to be "complete" in life. on a spiritual level?
>>
File: 1446800774573.jpg (103 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1446800774573.jpg
103 KB, 600x600
>>17018967
to clarify. I mean why have all this experience if not to teach it to someone else? usually one's kids are chosen to be taught.
>>
>>17018967
Culture and legacy are carried on by the next generation only if you teach it to them. It's both a blessing and a curse, shackles if you may, to both progress and decay.
>>
>>17018943
When you realize the actual God in the heart chakra, love Him and serve Him, working on the senses to perfect the self rather than be wholly sense indulgent, you will know Him seated in the Heart waiting to be recognized.

We are all mini souls which is part of God's super soul. By reading various scriptures, serving God, and by acting righteous to the teachings, your soul will be eligable for Heaven and Nirvana, a paradise afterlife and the end of death and rebirth.
>>
>>17019850
every time you use God in a meaning you bind yourself to be a maggot on this hell of an apple,
we are the real gods but if you want to be my slave fine for me
>>
>>17019936
Humans are like "gods" in control of their own reality.

Only under a delusion does one think they are equal to God and or above God.

There is a way to know God. All beings have souls, which are just small parts of God's Supersoul. He sits in the Heart waiting to be recognized.

There delusions:

>"i am god"
>"there is no god"
>"i don't care for good"

Only when a human is operating under an illusion will these thoughts take place, and they will not be truly happy until they make the effort in the method above

>>17019850
>>
File: 126.png (37 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
126.png
37 KB, 300x100
>>17019952
My existence depends on the existence of everything else. The existence of everything else depends on my existence. I am everything. God is everything. I am God.
>>
>>17020007
All existence depends on the existence of everything else.

Only under the illusory energy does one claim to be God or equal to God, even above God.

We can attain many of God's qualities, but never become God. Though we are "gods" of our reality, this implies we control our destiny

It is until we connect to God we can be free. Serving Him and loving Him.
>>
>>17020029
We are god, we aren't above or below him, simply just a part of him. It's like saying some parts of you are above or below you. They aren't, they are you and make you, you.
>>
>>17020143
No being is Absolute reality besides God.

We are pieces of God, but not Him, but He is in us. You can exalt your imperfect self but this will not lead you to true life.
>>
What do we know?

I am.

You are.

Therefore, be.

/thread.
>>
>>17020162
All existence depends on the existence of everything else.

Only under the illusory energy does one claim to be God or equal to God, even above God.

We can attain many of God's qualities, but never become God. Though we are "gods" of our reality, this implies we control our destiny

It is until we connect to God we can be free. Serving Him and loving Him.
>>
>>17020189
this song is getting old...
>>
>>17020219
You "can" skip it.. But when the time comes and all the sudden you "believe" because you see it.. It'll be too late
>>
File: 84y9wn-i.jpg (74 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
84y9wn-i.jpg
74 KB, 570x570
>>17018943

According to the vedic sciences which include Hinduism and Buddhism the goal is to learn about the nature of reality so you can escape reincarnation, otherwise you will keep getting caught up in this illusory reality.

In this illusory reality you suffer things like desire (being upset all the time because you're not getting what you want), you suffer things related to your ego (being insulted or feeling lonely) and you suffer things from your physical body (need for sex, food, pleasure) all of which is an illusion that can be overcome with knowledge.

So when you die as an enlightened individual (theoretically) when you are tempted on the other side with returning to this reality for sex, food, power or whatever you will say to yourself
>nice try maya I already know those things are a waste of time and aren't real and will just make me unhappy anyway
and ignore it and move on to higher dimensions!

Maybe.

It's also argued that Christ studied these eastern mystery school concepts including enlightenment but couldn't outright teach how to escape reincarnation in his jewish society so he masked all of these lessons in parables and stories. Some believe the Christian notion of eternal damnation is actually the same as reincarnation (which Buddhists do see as a trap and damnation of your soul). And the garden of eden may be an allegory for human souls falling out of "heaven" and into this material plane because they desire to know evil or "sin" (sex, drugs, violence). So Christianity is just a redressing of vedic concepts.

Maybe.
>>
You are supposed to learn how to love people. How can you love what will not let you love it? He is Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end.
>>
>>17018960
This. Experience encompasses all that we know while here, pain and pleasure and the monotony in between. Your ego believes it must divide some experiences from others, that you must segregate your interests to the point that you condemn those who follow perpendicular ideals. You think you aren't supposed to harm others, but it's allowed, and all that can happen must happen before the end. Just like every numerical sequence in existence must be played out before pi resolves itself.
>>
The devil told me that there were levels of consciousness and that by ascending these and climbing the pyramid of knowledge we could evolve to a point where we could get to heaven and comfort God, because he was suffering, so tired of having no one to understand Him. He said that God and him had had a conversation in secret and his rebellion was done to create the ones worthy of meeting God so we could mercy kill God and sit on his throne as gods, that it was our destiny. It wasn't until I remembered Alpha and Omega that I realized the whole concept of different levels of consciousness was a trap. I chose God and saw the devil for what he was, what was so enticing and lead me to believe there was no hell became a hideous grotesque red demon. I felt like the biggest battle ever seen had been won inside of me. Jesus is the truth and the way, everything else is done to pull you away from it. This whole world is a lie, it's all inverted so you don't know which was is right. It's a control system.
>>
File: 1vCr3IS.jpg (345 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1vCr3IS.jpg
345 KB, 1440x900
>>17019952
For clarification, I would add that each of our souls is like a drop of rain in front of a light(which is God). Each drop holds God within it, but refracts His light differently according to its shape and texture.
An awakened being no longer refracts the light, but is wholly transparent, allowing God to shine through him unmitigated by the being's humanity, which he has sloughed off like a butterfly from a cocoon.
>>
>>17020614
See that's the lie, that it's allowed. You know in your heart it's wrong but the devil will tell you do what thou wilt, it always comes in the guise of freedom and love. He wants you to sin so you stay trapped in sin. Sin isn't what you think it is, it is that which you are better than. They seek to make you deface your very soul, we want to free you. Everything in this world has been constructed to rob you of your birthright the right to know God, to cut you off from your power source.
>>
>>17020627
I definitely feel the aspect of the devil that pushes us to pity God. I was convinced for a while that it was the correct perspective, but recently I've come to the realization(or at least, strong belief) that God doesn't require comforting, and that we should stop projecting our own limitations onto the omnipotent being.
He's cool, man.
>>
>>17020643
I don't think you understand what I mean when I say allowed. If the thing happens, it was allowed. Punishment may occur after, but it comes from within. The devil is conscience/ego, the glory-seeking Luciferic principle whose very nature is perpendicular to God's solar principle of freedom.
>>
As an example when you see these young black men killed by white officers everyone argues whether the kid was a criminal or the cop was a racist but no one stops and mourns for the mother burying her son. That's what they seek to do to you, strip you of your humanity, harden your heart. You are created in the image of the Most High God and your humanity is what they hate, your compassion and love and the desire to create.
>>
>>17020627

This is a very /x/ post.
>>
>>17020662
To clarify, if God's law is freedom, then it follows accurately that the Devil's law is self-limitation. Conscience is the epitome of vainglorious self-limitation. For examples, look no further than the Spanish Inquisition, or Tumblr. Both parties believed in the division of man according to arbitrary standards founded in base principles such as vanity, ambition and animosity. God doesn't smile on such things.
>>
>>17020653
Exactly he needs no comforting. The devil is very real and God allows this world to exist because only a truly benevolent and almighty God would allow a world where everything pulled you towards the devil to exist. It means he has faith that in all of this, those that are worthy of Him will seek Him and reject the lies and wake up from the dream. He sent His son to die so you could be free of this corruption. You've heard it a million times but Jesus saves even if you do not quite know what you need saving from yet.
>>
>>17018943
There is but one actor and that is The One. Any action, including that of harming others, is all in accordance of The Will. When Adonai was to lead the children of Israel out of Egypt, Moses asks "but what if pharoh does not believe me?" The Lord spake "He will not, for I have hardend his heart." Luckily the reason for such a contradictory action was given in this narrative, to make a spectacle of Egypt so that all the world until the very End would know the majesty of The Lord. However, we are often not as lucky to understand The Will of The Lord. In the end, though, there is only one actor and that is The One. Any and all action is in accordance to The Will.
>>
>>17020627

Did he tell you these things during a psychedelic experience by any chance? I don't ask that to cast aspersions on your experience either, there have been many people some who I've met myself who claimed to have witnessed "the devil" while tripping and being shown things they felt were very real and not just hallucinations.
>>
>>17020722
No it was internal. You go into this mesmerized trance state which feels like a dance. He spoke through me. The whole process took 2 or 3 days he told me far more than that but it was all lies, the lies were so convincing though.
>>
>>17020716
The problem is that it's difficult to reconcile the idea of a God who does such things with a benevolent being, but that's because our idea of "benevolent" is warped. Would you prefer a God that gives you candy when you fall off your bike and scrape your knee, or a God that knocks you off your bike so the car coming down the street at 90 miles an hour doesn't hit you?
For an excellent representation of God, watch supernatural season 11 ep 4 "baby". Yes, supernatural is campy trash, but there are a few gems in there that shine too brightly to be ignored.
>>
>>17020716
But thutmosis iii is the biblical moses. So this stuff about him and pharaoh is wrong he was the pharaoh.
\thread
>>
File: Divine-Law-before-Moses.jpg (552 KB, 1278x1600) Image search: [Google]
Divine-Law-before-Moses.jpg
552 KB, 1278x1600
>>17020789
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/oct/27/christian-bale-moses-was-barbaric-and-schizophrenic
>>
>>17020759

Interesting. Sounds like a classic channeling excursion. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>17020803
>barbaric and schizophrenic
No wonder God got along with him so well
>>
>>17018967
no of course not. why would it be?you can devote your life to anything.
>>
File: 07.July-1938-01.jpg (159 KB, 456x620) Image search: [Google]
07.July-1938-01.jpg
159 KB, 456x620
>>17020810
יהוה
מְטוּרָף
>>
>>17020834
>יהוה
>מְטוּרָף
well he is. but a cool crazy, like Ms. Frizzle.
>>
>>17020789
A king James bible is actually the truth of humanity and everything you've been told since you were born is a lie to control you. I never thought I'd ever say that. It's a burden to know the truth but it feels so good to know who you are and what your purpose is.
>>
>>17020868
>A king James bible is actually the truth of humanity
phew
>and everything you've been told since you were born is a lie to control you
the lie is the bible
>>
>>17020868
>topkek king james is truth.

If you actually study the bible you'll see how its allegorical and highy infused with Egyptian history.... ie. Bed of reeds is the garden of eden and so on. The devil is actually anubis son (gnashing of teeth, hellfire in his stomach)

Repent before your true gods. Before ra and beautiful consort returns to bath in your blood.
>>
>>17020881
Everything is inverted and you are in a dream. You cannot even answer the question of who you are without just stating your name. You cannot answer the question of what happens when you die. You do not know it yet because you have been conditioned to search for external answers in nice neat little packages but the truth is in you. You know that I know something and it will stick in your mind like a splinter until you begin questioning your reality and pulling at the lies in your pursuit of truth. I was once you.
>>
>>17020892
You cannot understand what that book even means or is because you don't have the understanding yet. It is food.
>>
>>17020904
So how many shekels are they paying you?
If your going on life energy food read some tao.
There is nothing in the bible that actually works well except the creation of Jesus's cult.
>>
>>17020868

Phillip K Dick had some similar revelations. That the Christ consciousness was a real thing and not a religious concept and that there really is a battle between heaven and hell going on in this dimension over our immortal souls.
>>
>>17018973
You are the sum of your experiences, impressed upon your physiological canvas, in the order they were impressed, and the conclusions you've built on them. You were not raised solely by your parents, you were raised and continue to be raised by every person who ever spoke words to you, every person who never spoke words to you, and every amoeba and celestial body that has ever affected anything that affected anything that affected anything that affected you. Your parents are no more or less your teacher than anything else, and your children are no more or less your pupils than anyone else. They are a part of this as you are and as I am and as every other creature is.

If you seek to teach, teach everyone you meet. Don't seek to impress yourself wholly and exclusively upon a canvas; the world has no use for the same painting twice over.
>>
>>17020868
You fell for the metaphor, faggot. Christianity may be your truth, but that's it.
>>
Entertainment, and that's it.

We are all spawned from a singularity. Placed into these gimped vessels for the sole purpose of entertainment for the creator.
>>
Magnets, apparently
>>
I think there are different ways out but they each involve rising above all this, and to do that you have to first understand it. The universe is a working system we're supposed to learn different things from, and accept each part of.

There's probably a purpose to physical conflict in lower animal incarnations, in order to learn the lessons associated with that, but as a human our ability to reason is what sets us apart from the animals. Just judging by our bodies we've evolved for mental work. We're not even close to the strength of other primates. If we really want we can explore those primitive hunter seeker behaviors playing sports or something without harming anyone, but the mind should always be our primary focus.
>>
>>17021403
Every soul is the same. The difference is the bodies we inhabit. There's no race to the top, no superiority, no escape.

There's nothing new under the sun.
>>
when you're wrong or fuck up, admit it and apologize and hope that's all you have to do. cause and effect is way worse than karma. :)
>>
>>17021460
It's not a race or about about superiority to me. Just different levels of understanding.

And i know there are different souls, and souls can change from experience. Sometimes i meet souls in humans more animal than any animal i've known, and animals who are more human than some humans. You find yourself wanting to do more animal stuff as a human and you will find yourself as an animal in your next life. It's not punishment just, you have no business in a human body if you just want to run around killing things all day. There are better incarnations for that. None is either better or worse, just have their times for soul development. After thousands of years of killing things in different lives you might find it's not so much fun anymore and other things start to interest you.
>>
I believe there are two souls. One that animates this body and is concerned with bodily desires, power, control, relationships, and general human shit. This soul is nothing special, and oddly makes us more robot than human in way. The second soul is the "higher self" or an eternal, outside-of-time Godlike being. This soul is fundamentally you, and is stuck reincarnating. Its goal (or the goal demanded of it) is to become the complete entity it is at the end of time. The higher self differs and likely changes, and for whatever combination of these factors, you're living in order to jump through particular hoops and meet particular milestones and in your next life you'll be challenged with a new set of objectives laid out for you. And you'll keep on reincarnating, learning whatever it is you have to until you figure out the way out of this mess. I hope it's like how an anon mentioned in this thread where if you are firm in your refusal to incarnate the powers that be just let you be free to float around, explore, and create a realm within your own astral plane. But it's likely way more complicated than that and you'll be forced (or tricked/coerced) while on the other side to incarnate again and again until you reach some form of apotheosis where your higher self fulfills what's necessary to move to the next set of obstacles. We are literally in Hell, nothing is more depressing, frightening, and frustrating than being alive.
>>
>>17021557
>We are literally in Hell
I like to think of it as Purgatory.
>>
>>17021533
>soul development
To what end? Heaven.

I don't buy it
>>
>>17020614
>>17020643

Honestly, if you think the Devil, sin, or morals have anything to do with this then you're only at the infancy of understanding what the first anon was talking about. Ever read the Myth of Er? I think what's happening with our souls are very similar to that account of the afterlife. Souls who were beggars and victims often choose lives where they're tyrants and sinners. Souls that were kings/rulers in their past life choose to be cripples, lepers, and the downtrodden. This back and forth continues forever. Here on this ball of mud the devil, virtues, the golden rule all makes total sense, but up there all these arbitrary human rules are as flimsy as our civilizations. Yes this perpetuates suffering, but you have the free will to stop it if you like. No one is telling you not to, but on the grander scale you don't get brownie points with which to opt out of incarnation if you play the "good guy" this lifetime. Every soul plays every role countless of times over.
>>
I think if you can transcend the terrors and pleasures of existence, deadly and intoxicating precisely because they are real, they ARE, you ascend to next level of your development. You must know the eternal is none other than you and you are the eternal. The images of the world are insubstantial; your task is to realize the formless medium in which they occur.
>>
>>17021609
Then what? You are not you, you are not an individual. You are not above the rest.
>>
>>17021625
you realize yourself as a discrete, finite expression of a becoming that is incomprehensibly vast, terrifying, and beautiful, but which ultimately derives from the principle of being.
>>
>>17021646
There is no yourself, that is your ego talking.
>>
>>17019952

Like gods. Maybe we're created in gods image in that we have freedom of choice. Everything boils down to 1 choice. Moral.

To the Op you should teach good morals to others and spread love to everyone
>>
>>17021649
Don't split hairs, we're talking about the same thing
>>
>>17020219

Agreed they should spew original thought instead
>>
>>17021580
Everything we know only exists in this one dimension. If it's true the laws of energy are different from dimension to dimension we're just learning about everything in this one at the moment, and will move on when we're done. Who knows if there's even an end to it.
>>
>>17021661
Does a mentally handicapped person have freedom of choice? Can a person with a brain tumor rely on morals?
>>
>>17021687
No one wants to address this? I'll elaborate, eugenics is the way forward. Why not provide only the most sufficient body for souls to incarnate.
>>
>>17021687
I'd say let retarded people do whatever they want but that's just me. Brain damage can make people more inclined to certain behavior but that's it. People who get the same damage to the same areas don't always react the same. Most peoples behavior doesn't change that much with brain damage.

>>17021723
I think the older ways were better at eugenics than the modern medical ones who just see numbers. Natural selection makes sure the best genes survive but we've created a situation that has women choosing men based on superficial things. Instead of creating some big medical eugenics program with dubious claims of what the best genes are why not just get rid of the system that allows weak genes to prosper in the first place so there doesn't need to be any decision by us?
>>
>>17021746
And i don't just mean money or flashy items as superficial things. There's little or no value placed on character or morality anymore.
>>
>>17018967
No. Others will have kids and fulfill that path. Your own path is entirely unique in it's own way. Do what you want.
>>
anyone who answers this thread saying that reading scripture and worshiping the christian god, islamic god, or hebrew god, or pagan god, ect is the answer, is just as lost as the most lost people on this planet.
>>
The world is the teacher and all you can do is learn to help that process in other people. It doesn't require our help, but people can enjoy and learn things from teaching.
>>
File: youropinion_man.jpg (40 KB, 450x340) Image search: [Google]
youropinion_man.jpg
40 KB, 450x340
>>17020881
Coming from someone who most likely hasn't read the bible, but a few passages; if that. Go back to 9gag you highschool faggot, unless you have something relevant to say that will back up your arguement. "But, but science explains everything!!! Derrrr"
>>
we're supposed to experience all possible kinds of bs through multiple reincarnations until we get used to the bs.
>>
>>17020155
We are fragments, soul fragments, that make your whole soul. They are all in different realities, learning different things, while we are only "fragments" of said soul, we are still the soul, if only parts but we, in the end are still that higher soul. I believe we come here to form our individuality. We are just fragments of a "higher" fragment and those fragments are fragments of higher fragments. The group mind that we are just one was needed when we still did not have our individuality and freshly set into this reality we needed to survive like pack animals. Continuing on that path is not evolution. We need to move on from it, we need to develop individuality. So saying we need to serve "God" that we stemmed from doesn't seem correct to me, mainly because we've been doing it for many, many, many life times now and it seems there needs to be a change, following the same old path doesn't really seem to change anything. We are here to learn different things, as God is also learning. As above so below. We need not to serve him, we need to serve our real selves, the ones that stem from love, directly from him. If we serve our real selves, not the distorted one, we as him, serve him. We don't need to feel inferior or superior we simply are.
>>
>>17024338
"In the revealed scriptures, the ultimate object of knowledge is Sri Krsna the Personality of Godhead. The purpose of performing sacrifice is to please Him. Yoga is for realizing Him. All fruitive activities are ultimately rewarded by Him only. He is supreme knowledge, and all severe austerities are performed to know Him. Religion (dharma) is rendering loving service unto Him. He is the supreme goal of life."
>>
That a bunch of people killed Mysticism and they don't sell a few very important things in the Pharmacy and that people need to do things Integrity Proper as their actions whatever they choose to do. That people should do Respect rather than what they feel is respect or what they feel is Integrity Proper(Integrity done Properly) and that The Truth is The Truth you can't just label something as Truth when it isn't. And that some experiences can be induced, some can't and some that can't could happen if you induced someone who never chose it because Choice is key Key and possibly Key itself but that doesn't mean you should ever do that and in Fact you shouldn't. Never do a Shouldn't, they'll never be something that Should be done, do a Should unless you have Something/Someone Integrity Proper that will work in tandem at it at a Diminishing Pace(Anguish) and that this is a Strange aspect to Mathematical Ethic that is closely related to United Methodism.
>>
>>17020534
under rated post

very good description of the eastern religions view of the afterlife
>>
>>17018943
That this world is a game.

Hinduism; the vedas lost their land in a gambling match.

Judaism; Jews lost their land.

Christians; Overcome and receive the crown of victory.

Muslims; Allah will march them into victory.

You've come here as a participant in this game and forfeited your inheritance to be a part of it. This game was set up by Marduk I think. To get out, you must demand a return of your inheritance I'm guessing.
>>
>>17020534
Vedic beliefs turned India into a shit heap. It's a game. Just demand your money (inheritance) back. If you end up in the presence of bearded men upon death, you're gonna get sent back here.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.