[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this isn't exactly /x/ related but... In the movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: insurance.jpg (18 KB, 400x241) Image search: [Google]
insurance.jpg
18 KB, 400x241
I know this isn't exactly /x/ related but...

In the movie Groundhog Day, obviously there was some entity that kept him trapped in that day. Some sort of trickster, perhaps?

I'm thinking it was this guy, personally. Any theories?
>>
File: 1443938367938.jpg (58 KB, 625x419) Image search: [Google]
1443938367938.jpg
58 KB, 625x419
What leads you to that conclusion? I would consider the groundhog also.
>>
It's a movie about how you can change your entire life and personality in 1 day. It's saying we all have the power to change for the better. My perception was it was just "God" or whatever bolevalent deity you beleive in
>>
>>17015754
Just something about his demeanor, selling health insurance also. I think really the main character never actually met this man, and he was only saying that to "reintroduce" himself. Every time he pushes him away the guy is very persistent, and doesn't seem to mind when he ultimately walks away.. Just has a big smile on his face the whole time.

Also the homeless man, but yeah the groundhog might be as well. Or it might have been no one in the actual city.
>>
What was his name? I haven't seen this movie in years but I'm gonna take a stab Ned rylson? Close?
>>
>>17015772
I think Ned or Ben, it's on AMC right now that's the only reason I got reminded of the thought lol.
>>
>>17015776
Let me know if you're watching it. I'm gonna have to search it otherwise. Will bug me to death cause I think I may be spot on "watch that first step, it's a doozy" lol
>>
>>17015787
Ned Ryerson, Rierson or whatever lol.
>>
>>17015798
Lol. Ha. Cheers mate. Weight lifted. Champion
>>
File: daily-morning-awesomeness-710.jpg (55 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
daily-morning-awesomeness-710.jpg
55 KB, 500x708
>>17015772
Needlenose Ned?!!? Ned the Head???!! Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyd?????!?!??!! Ned Ryyyyyyyerson!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: groundhog_day.jpg (14 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
groundhog_day.jpg
14 KB, 300x225
Don't drive angryyyyy!!!!!
>>
File: 1424745998950.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1424745998950.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
>>17016295
I'm going to have to watch this again lol.
>>
My voice is my passport, Verify me.
>>
>>17015721
Nah, bruh. I think it might've actually been God trying to straighten out the main character, because as soon as he starts fulfilling everything good he possibly could in the day, and living the right way, talking kindly, his situation no longer existed. I like to think that God took him and put him in a situation he hated so that the man could recognize he was better than he'd been living. Most people agree that this is the movie's message.
>>
>>17015721
Nah, bruh. I think it might've actually been God trying to straighten out the main character, because as soon as he starts fulfilling everything good he possibly could in the day, and living the right way, talking kindly, his situation no longer existed. I like to think that God took him and put him in a situation he hated so that the man could recognize he was better than he'd been living. Most people agree that this is the movie's message.
asdfasdf
sorry capcha was being wierd and I had to change the reply
>>
It's got nothing to do with god or any entity whatsoever.
The plot is about Phil's ex girlfriend who wanted to teach him a lesson and put a curse on him , the spell ended when Phil became the man his ex wanted him to be. That part of the plot wasn't part of the final cut because the director thought it was unnecessary to the narration but the info is real easy to find on google.
"god trying to straighten on the main character" pff , go back to your pedochurch faggot.
>>
Great movie. I actually think it's more interesting not knowing what it was that caused the day to keep repeating, though.
>>
>>17015721
I like the movie but it's kind of repetitive
>>
>>17016403
Same. Having a good laugh at the quotes. Bills a legend, gonna do Groundhog Day then caddy shack
>>
>>17017431
Kek'd
>>
>>17017265
>making up things for attention
>>
>>17018976
It's true actually. It's on the special features of the DVD
>>
>>17019043
No it not.
Just watched this yesterday.
>>
What if he's really dead?
What if he's in a coma?

I don't think groundhog day is linear.
Its a multi tiered film
>>
File: capture112815.png (73 KB, 468x752) Image search: [Google]
capture112815.png
73 KB, 468x752
>>17017265
>>17018976
>>17019043
>>17020784
screenshot from an early script of groundhog day
>>
>>17021266
Really glad they decided to cut this out, that would have been a stupid, cliche explanation.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.