[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
False Memories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Hey /x/. I am really interested in creating false memories to overwrite existing memories.. nothing too drastic, just a few small things I want to tweak. Is this potentially dangerous and can it fuck with other memories?
Nothing has worked yet anyway that I know of because I can still remember what I'm trying to forget.
>>
>>17013725
Ahh yes. Ive seen this before. A rare case but you havent have you? Not yet you have? Have you?! I hope not for our sake, please look no further, Its way beyond your reach.
>>
File: Liquor.jpg (37 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
Liquor.jpg
37 KB, 540x300
Traditional method
>>
From personal experience, you can never forget/replace memories because our subconscious mind will always remember them even if our conscious mind can not. The best way to overcome the fear of bad memories, is to bring them to the surface and deal with them, that way the conscious and subconscious mind can let go of the memory as it is no longer brings up fear and worry.
>>
>>17013800
Ditto. Suppression does NOT work for traumatic memories. "Overwriting" is just an idiot's way of trying to avoid this truth.

It would work for forgetting something embarrassing for instance, but not for anything that truly matters, the "keeps me awake at night" kind of shit
>>
Anon is right that you'll have a hard time replacing traumatic memories but if they're just memories of you being a lame ass it's easy, just create a story - preferably based in fact, which is much more effective, and start telling that story. Tell it over and over on 4chan or wherever eventually you'll pretty much believe it.
>>
>>17013725
>Hey /x/. I am really interested in creating false memories to overwrite
>existing memories..

Intensely dangerous, intensely easy to do. The issue is, this leads to
psychotic breaks and ruining your life. Universally.

>nothing too drastic, just a few small things I want to tweak.

You can tweak them directly within yourself, without messing with your memory.

>Is this potentially dangerous and can it fuck with other memories?

Yes. It not only "can", but it *does* fuck with them as a whole.

>Nothing has worked yet anyway that I know of because I can still remember what
I'm trying to forget.

Good. Cherish that memory. The issue is, if you suppress it, or try to
overwrite it, you're going to find that you have two sets of memory for an
event. Which naturally creates internal conflict, and might well result in DID.

What kind of memories are we talking about anyway, here?
>>
>>17013725
I know only how to delete a memory. Imagine a white delay taking all image. And "save".
>>
>>17013739
can confirm this works. was drinking about 9 hours ago to the point I couldn't remember anything. About 2 - 3 hours ago, I looked at my phone and forgot telling one my best friends I've liked her more than a friend for 3 years. if wondering, i was friendzoned

tl;dr I can confirm it works
>>
>>17015020
not op but interested: how would you even go about changing a memory
>>
>>17018760
Very unethically.
Regress, ask leading questions so as to stimulate the imagination in one direction or another, and then bring them out in a particular way.
>>
http://youtu.be/cggNqDAtJYU

Watch the whole vid. Trust me.
>>
>>17018889
Also in terms of mind-control themed albums, listen to Exciter by Depeche Mode.
>>
select the memory and right click then press delete, make sure to clear recycle bin too
>>
>>17013725
Just visit Tahiti. It's a magical place.
>>
File: Coulson.jpg (144 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
Coulson.jpg
144 KB, 1280x718
>>17019522
>>
>>17018933
Or don't, if you do not want to hear one of their worst albums ever
>>
>>17013725
HERE COMES SCIENCE TO RUIN EVERYTHING!!!

Fun fact - you already DO overwrite your memories. Every time you recall them.

http://news.feinberg.northwestern.edu/2014/02/memory_rewrite/

>“Our memory is not like a video camera,” Bridge said. “Your memory reframes and edits events to create a story to fit your current world. It’s built to be current.”
>>
>>17013725
You can't give yourself false memories, at best you would have to somehow induce amnesia and have some other guy lie to you over and over until you believe it.
>>
the only alleged method involves mental trauma but its rare. most rape victims remember they were raped or people beaten as children tend to remember they got beaten

even brain washing attempts in government projects like cia project mkultra failed to wipe clean things they sought to erase. its funnier still that obama re instated the government mind control experiments recently given how shitty the results have been internationally
>>
>>17013725
Like in external sunshine?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.