[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Advertizing/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: 1434564726417.gif (224 KB, 500x423) Image search: [Google]
1434564726417.gif
224 KB, 500x423
Has anyone noticed secret messages in commercials?

I ask this in a general way. Myself I have been seeing a lot of commercials through a cultural Marxist lens and noticing stuff like the M&M man literally keking some guy, but I wonder what other fringe interpretations of advertising there are.
>>
Ads on tv especially get seen over and over by thousands. It seems like it's a no brainier that the people making them would be aware of whatever culture they are promoting in addition to the products the shill.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 589x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 589x416
There's lots of good subliminal imagery out there. Usually a result of a humorous artist or a designer though.
>>
>>17013549
I wish there were more examples of subliminal imagery post-2000. The majority of the ones you can google seem to be from decades ago, like your example. The advertisers eventually catch on to us catching on and consequentially become more and more insidious.
>>
>>17013549
the sex stuff in ads though is also for people to buy the stuff. Getting people excited when they see the product subconsciously.
>>
Take your pills OP, there's nothing suspicious about ads
>>
>>17013562
ads are literally designed to manipulate you. do you think manipulation is effective when the victim is aware of the whole thing?

>>17013560
I think there's stuff today, just it's not as subliminal, it's just more like showing you behaviors/attitudes that they want to be normalize. like the m&M commercial, I couldn't find it on youtube but it's just the red chocolate guy keking some white dude. That's the whole commercial and joke. What does that have anything to do with candy? why did no one comment about this commercial? Since when are we ok with children's candy being associated with crazy kinky sex on television
>>
>>17013560
>>17013561
I'm pretty sure shit like this is the artist having a laugh. If you think every time someone draws a dick somewhere, that it's "subliminal", you should talk to the people who do these ads.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEo0qX-ScfQ
>>
>>17013584
I..... I really thought "kek" meant "laugh"?
>>
>>17013804
kek it's just the filters

>>17013718
it's well known that advertisers put subliminal sex stuff in what they do, it's not even controversy. Shit gets designed that way. It's kind of like how all the shit in the Alien movies is sex stuff. It's one of the most basic ways to manipulate people. Of course ads are doing it on purpose.
>>
>>17013758
that commercial, jesus, was not ready for that redpill my god
>>
>>17013539
Oh my god.

IT"S ALL SUBLIMINAL SUGGESTIVENESS

YOU"RE LIVING A LIE WATCHING MOVIES AND TV SHOWS

LET YOUR BRAIN DISSOLVE IF YOU WANT CORPORATIONS DECIDING WHAT MOLD YOU FIT INTO.
>>
>>17013758

this is weird... it's either some 22-year-old smart ass working for the ad agency trying to be funny, or it's a legit subliminal warning / foreshadowing

either way, it's very bizarre
>>
>>17013893
I cannot keep track of them, what are they right now? I only know

T b h = desu
F a m = senpai
>>
>>17013758
couldnt this just be some kind of stock audio? like they just looked up "news announcer audio" and chose whatever they saw first and it happened to be this. its still weird though
>>
>>17013804
Me too.
>>
>>17014292
Here let's find out what it was supposed to say
punching fucking killing molesting
Hope one of these turns into keking because I'm out of ideas already
>>
>>17013804
it is, but can be used to mock too... all usage is possible then.
>>
>>17014305
Abducting?
>>
>>17014305
Damn, I was sure it was abducting. Blowing, maybe? Scaring?
>>
>>17013758
As someone who works in post, this is not abnormal whatsoever.
The sound designer I work with gets a kick out of putting sexually explicit sounds at almost inaudible levels in commercials.
It's just a "thing" a lot of sound guys do.
I guarantee this is a weird joke and nothing more.

>hey, wouldn't it be funny if this peaceful looking scene was juxtaposed against tragic / horrific / scary / weird audio?
>>
You're confusing subliminal messages with normal fallacies. Fallacies are constantly used in advertising to subconsciously strike a nerve in people to get them to buy their product.

Like how the ASPCA's commercials use pathos to make you feel bad.

>>17014265
OP originally wrote "c u c k ing" I'm pretty sure. It filters to kek right now.
>>
>>17014779
c u c k ing man

you must be pretty new
>>
>>17013804
It's an aincient meme for world of warcraft. Typing 'lol' as a horde player to an alliance player results in 'kek'. No idea if it still works like this but when it was first released it made it so alliance can't type to horde and visa versa. Typing generates gibberish to the other side. As WoW was hugely popular the 'kek' thing leaked out and remains on various forums today.
>>
>>17013539

Naw dog, there ain't no secret messages in commercials like that shit. There are a lot of gay and mixed race couples appearing on TV to help people accept the reality of that though. Not that there's anything wrong with that. If they were gonna put secret messages in it would probably appear in a spectrum of light our eyes can't perceive but our brains can or some spooky shit like that
>>
Before
kek = internet slang for laugh

kek = 4chan wordfilter for c u c k
>>
>>17015379
Thank you for the history lesson anon, much appreciated
>>
>>17013549
They call it native advertising nowadays.
>>
>>17014289
it seems really specific for it to be that. I've seem some stock audio libraries at my school and they don't really have newscasts like that.
>>
This is now a subliminal thread

detaler lanimilbus gnihtyreve tsop
>>
>>17013549
what am I supposed to be seeing in the ice?
>>
>>17013561
That isn't actually how that happens
>>
>>17013584
>do you think manipulation is effective when the victim is aware of the whole thing?

Yes, when the "victim" is not your target.
>>
never saw subliminal imagery in tv ads. seems like they switched the subliminal imagery in subliminal emotions and hypnotic suggestions. beauty product advertisements are fucking awful.

i remember an ad in paris on tv screens in the metro. the picture was split in two parts. left was some girl at the beach, wearing her bikini and on the right a women fully clothed in her black burqa. and the split went to the right, erasing the women in the burqa, jumping back and erasing more of her. i didn´t get it the first time, just felt like the screen looked better after it switched since i didn´t care much about these ads. pretty obvious, but metros tend to zombifie humans. the most people didn´t seem to care about that ad too
>>
>>17016787
the target is the victim you dummy. If the 'victim' is not the target then he isn't the victim and the target is still unaware of the manipulation. Like jesus your post is has the greatest ratio of sounding intelligent but being complete bullshit that I have ever seen.
>Yes, when the "victim" is not your target.
come on man what is that?
>>
>>17016732
It's a women on the right with her mouth open and a fallacy on the left.
>>
>>17013539
What do you mean by literally keking? I mean, it should be kingek, not keking anyway. If you're saying the m&m laughed at someone then I don't understand what you are trying to make of it.
>>
>>17020295
If you type c u c k, it filters to kek. OP was saying the M&M was c u c king a white dude in a commercial. In the commercial a dude walks in to see his wife in bed with the M&M. I don't really see it as subliminal agendas or whatever, but he's right about it being weird. I think the point is for it to be provocative so you remember it. It's also supposed to be funny, the punchline at the end is the guy says "I thought we were going to share him," as if they planned on eating the M&M, not having sex with it.
>>
not really advertisements, but enough people make their works specifically yo experience them after death that im absolutely sure they have to be able to do it or the universe would be unfair.
and you can follow us, if you choose.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWorldAsMyth
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.