[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/b/ has failed me, opinions on Oak island?, is there even any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: oakislandabove.jpg (67 KB, 410x245) Image search: [Google]
oakislandabove.jpg
67 KB, 410x245
/b/ has failed me, opinions on Oak island?, is there even any treasure there?
>>
>>17010816
it's my professional opinion that you're a fucking retard
>>
No you're thinking of Treasure Island silly
>>
>>17010816
>opinions on oak island

Well, personally I think it looks like a duck.
>>
>>17010882
I think elephant
>>
No. Its bullshit.
>>
>>17010882
>>17011537

You guys are both autists, its clearly a rabbit
>>
>>17010816
Yeah, some rich pirate asshole who couldn't trust a bank buried something valuable there and boobietrapped the fuck out of it, those old timey guys really liked their elaborate and ecentric hobbies. The thing is, if it's gold or jewels there's a good chance that the treasure isn't worth the modern-age investment of finally digging it out and it's nothing more than one huge and everlasting boondoggle. (LOL)
But my fave notion is that those trap-flooded treasure vaults are full of valuable and irreplaceable documents that not only would explain the mystery but also would never survive being exposed to all that filthy water...
The potential reward at the end of this long dark tunnel is nothing more than the vain promise to maybe know what it was all about. And they won't even find that.
>>
>>17011587
Ooooh! Bunny!!
>>
File: 1448364071094.jpg (1 MB, 3300x2141) Image search: [Google]
1448364071094.jpg
1 MB, 3300x2141
>>17010882
>>
>>17010816
I've said this a bunch of times, but if you were asking /b/ then you're here from there.

Digging that much of a hole is too much effort for it to have been something they ever wanted back. I don't care how much it was worth or how little they valued human labor, it's not worth it.

Two possibilities I can think of.
1. It might have been a diversionary thing. Bury the treasure twenty feet down somewhere else on the island, dig the hundred-foot pit to waste the time of anyone who might be looking for it.
2. There's something actually down there and they meant for it to stay there permanent. Seafaring folk are superstitious, but I can't think of anything that would scare someone so hard he'd need that much of a hole to feel safe from it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.