[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: incest.jpg (40 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
incest.jpg
40 KB, 540x960
A monk at a Vietnamese monastery described karma to my friend in a general fashion and I understand the principle.

However it gets into grey territory when it comes to things like, say, if you have for example tuberculosis and you spread it to another person. Things like that I would think turn out to be different things like, you have to take care your sibling in the next life, etc. Not necessarily punishment but something to even things out.

Or maybe karma and reincarnation are bs. I personally like to think the universe has an intelligence akin to that.
>>
>>17010298
Intent is a big part of it. Your will guides you. You will be guided into lives that suit you. Whatever you want to experience, and you will come to understand it, and decide if it is for you.
>>
File: tumblr_n0fhxmQ8m71sljuvko1_500.png (85 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0fhxmQ8m71sljuvko1_500.png
85 KB, 500x271
>>17010298
>>
>>17010298

karma is only intent, so spreading tuberculosis without intending to has no karmic efficacy.
>>
>>17011619
And lack of care not to cause harm may incur karma.

'Ahimsa' is the practice of harmlessness in thought, word, and deed.
>>
karma is real, but some beings have figured out that if you don't ever die then you don't have to pay the piper. they live for millions of years and do whatever they want. imagine the hell they'll go to if they ever actually die.
>>
I read in mages and mystics from tibet that Karma is not affected by your actions. Is more like your level of spiritual growth.

I also heard somewhere that you have to create your own soul with knowledge, spirituality and wisdom.
>>
>>17010298
Karma requires an objective standard of morality, making it philosophically untenable. It could be updated a bit to be more compatible with moral relativism, e.g. "karma is the guilt one carries into their next life", but then you've stopped talking about the original idea.
>>
first off, karma and reincarnation are not at all connected.
karma really just means doing. cause and effect.
the energy you send into the world will be the one you're most likely to get back at you. often not even from the direction you were expecting.
and it's a really natural phenomenon that has mostly to do with the attitude you take towards yourself. if you're carrying a bigass smile everywhere of course people will smile back at you.
however existence itself is entirely amoral.
humans made morals to direct life in a society.
existence could give two fucks whom the wallet you're taking money out of belongs to. all existence sees is someone taking money from a wallet.
>>
>>17010298
a child dies after one day of being born - whats the karma-logic behind that?
>>
Humans aren't sculptures, we're styluses. That's karma.
>>
>>17010298
i used to be confused with that, my personal view about it is that the concept was created to understand how we affect the world and how it "respond" to us, like when you are a total scumbag with people and therefore you abuse of your social network, therefore, in trouble no one helps you. I guess is a good way to clear some of our responsibility, but you canĀ“t force that to explain complex processes. Karma concept has limits, Christinanity has something like that too, i`ve met a lot of people that had felt guilty for their own tragedies, they believe it was their fault for some reason.
>>
>>17012313

The only law is the law of nature.

Something caused the death of that child, and it's up to us to figure it out so it doesn't happen again.
>>
>>17012308
>could give two fucks

Couldn't, it's couldn't, that's couldn't, not could, it's fucking couldn't for fuck's sake, don't spread this retarded shit here.
>>
>>17012313
A soul had incarnated into the child in order to provide a lesson for the parents. The parents had incarnated and were required to learn something from the experience that will lead to the development of their enlightenment. The soul of the child gains good karma for the next incarnation, as now that soul needs to wait again for rebirth.
>>
You know there are ways around karmic laws.....
Besides the weak vs. Strong argument
Worship of a death dog god really helps since he can switch souls at time of death.
Besides the fact its proven you can pass your bad karma on to others. Using the tao
>>
Karma doesn't real and hippie mysticism isn't paranormal
>>
>>17011619
Not true,
Plato talks about this is the apology,
If a physician intending to do good gives poison to a patient, is that bad karma ?
Absolutely, because if you place yourself in the position where you can do harm to another person bad karma is a risk you have to take. Most times, positions that can incurr the most unintentional bad karma also incurr the most good. It's a risk you have to take. Living it's self is a matter of validating, choosing, effecting according to Nietzsche.
It's choosing to take gravity into your hands and learn the gravity of your deeds, thoughts and existence.
You're choosing to use the force.
In positions of power you can incurr the most Good or bad karma.
>>
>>17010298
karma is a law of nature. nature's laws can be bent. but not broken.. the laws of death can not be bent. nor can they be broken. death is one of those things that is just doing its job. you love some soul? go spend a life with them. wasted your life on money and worldy pleasures? go spend a life in poverty and learn the simple way. killed some people? get a life that starts great but suddenly ends. couldnt keep it in your pants? you will become ugly and decrepid. hate? suffer. love? ascend. its all relatively logical. oh and there is a the whole unity godhead thing but i couldnt really say much about that apart from its there and its where we came from in the time of long before.. and its where we are going, well some of us are going to be here for a quite a while.. the tibetan book of the dead is worth mentioning. im sure all questions can be answered with such a text.
>>
>>17013333
wooh first quads ever
>>
>>17013333

this post is a perfect representation of the typical proto-facist /x/ wizard and their shitty, evil belief system. It gives them an excuse to blame the victim because somehow they just know they were "bad" in their "past life"

Homeless? fuck you, you deserve it cause you died a rich asshole

rape victim? you get what you deserve, you were a nazi

it never ends, you fucking wizards are so fuckin predictable
>>
>>17013398
Have you gone to hell and back, mon ami?
>>
i was thinking about past lives recently and what bugs me is that no one was ever any animal in their past life regressions. sup with that?
>>
>>17013398
well laws and shit.. i mean i understand compassion but there is such a thing as tough love. its just the mental manifestation of justice. i get it, my mind is a dick. fuck it, logic is pessimistic. i did not mention good or evil though. there is always heaven and the various boddhisatvas that will save any soul. you think life is a fun happy game? well it can also be a lame crappy shame mate. this thing. life its been around for a fucking long time mate. you think the perfect consciousness is just going to let beings do what they please? the universe dont take kindly to folks that dont take kindly round here. i know that feel though, i get very depressed sometimes swimming through knowledge and thought. fuck i love breathing.
>>
>>17013428
you have to go deeper?
>>
>>17013490
ok; what karma can simple animals accumulate?
i mean it's not like they make decisions, rite?
or even better what karma can plants have?
>>
>>17011858
Like who?
>>
>>17013519
i dont know go ask a tree. slowly and politely. with your thought. you realize scientist study mice to understand human psychology, or at least psychological trends. i happen to think that the heart is more than just a pumping muscle. that karma is just an accumulation. and that "simple animals" arent attatched to things. niether are plants. you need to go higher than karma. try some tech dimension, i understand you might not understand what that means. because i do not really fully understand that yea the higher the better the further.
>>
>>17013616
i do. was thinking more of insects when i said simple animals desu
>>
>>17013616
forgot to ask what do you mean by tech dimension?
>>
karma and reincarnation is bullshit.
>>
>>17013637
tech dimesions is just a phrase im using i couldnt really tell you anything specific, its probably not its own dimesion just a place in a dimension. that makes more sense to me. im pretty sure i mean heaven actually but im not sure. its all very dark and unclear for me still so i cant give you much.
>>
>>17013699
are you the op of that other thread?
>>
>>17013398
Is that how it works? If so, then that is so awful.
Also this:
>>17013087
>>17010361
The soul will never live at peace if this were true and it's because of man. If I'm correct, you only survive for yourself now and not worry about the next life because you won't remember it. If that were the case that means you can do whatever you want or you can seek enlightenment in this life and reward yourself and not worry about the next life because the soul won't remember it? And it continues until the next reincarnation?
>>
You will continue to do bad things if you live for yourself. It is that simple. And if that is the way of the buddha, then I'm sorry to say that is retarded. The soul will never be at rest.
>>
Arseholes thrive, karma doesn't real.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.