[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Something fucky is happening, /x/. My roommate and I generally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: cowboy bebop.jpg (27 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
cowboy bebop.jpg
27 KB, 300x295
Something fucky is happening, /x/.

My roommate and I generally stream music from my laptop to our Xbox using Jamcast, rather than playing it through my laptop's speakers.

Today, "Tank!" (the Cowboy Bebop theme song, for those uninitiated) came on and we were pumped because it's one of our favorite songs and we have a relatively large setlist, so it doesn't come on often.

But Tank! didn't play. In it's place were loud droning noises, and awkward shuffling sounds- kind of like the sound of wind hitting a microphone. As it progressed, the noises got breathier and breathier. I've heard sounds like these, but never this- whatever it is.

It doesn't seem to end. It went on for like eight minutes before I opted to stop it- my roommate and I were both super uncomfortable. Opening the file on my pc works fine. I don't know where this could possibly originate from but I doubt it's digital..

I got video if anyone wants to check it out.
>>
Post the video.
>>
Sure, give us the video
>>
WE NEED THE VIDEO
>>
post it. i wanna hear it now
>>
op wont deliver
>>
>>17009586
Sounds cool. Upload that shit
>>
Currently uploading to youtube from my phone.
>about 17 minutes remaining

Part of me feels like it has to be from like a movie or an album or something, but I don't keep music like that on my PC- the closest I've gotten is streaming experimental music off of youtube or spotify.

And it doesn't have that polish that professional recordings have, you know? Something feels wrong.

I'm not a techy, part of my concern is that I'm somehow streaming something off of a device that somebody else in the house owns- there are 8 of us here.
>>
>>17009666
Also, a note: I had problems responding on my laptop because the wifi is being fucky towards my laptop ever since I streamed that song onto the Xbox... took me the better part of 15 minutes trying to stay online long enough to post this from my PC. Will be commenting from mobile from now on.
>>
>>17009666
Satanic trips ,
Not listening to your video.
>>
>I don't know where this could possibly originate from but I doubt it's digital

/g/ here, I came here to laugh at your piss poor understanding of basic technology and your belief in computer demons.
>>
>>17009681
Laugh away! Not good with streaming software. Am relatively proficient with audio software and graphic design. That's where it stops. I'm ignorant outside of that.
>>
>>17009681
Worth clarifying- I understand that what I said was a dipshit thing to say. What I had meant to say that was lost since I typed this up pretty quick was that it wasn't a glitch. Like it wasn't distortion from files being read incorrectly.
>>
>>17009586
>>17009620
>>17009622
>>17009641
>>17009642
>>17009648
>>17009656
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_TMrwrExKQ
>>
>>17009733
It just sounds like ambient/doom metal or something equally as stupid.
>>
>>17009750
I listened to Gnaw Their Tongues on Spotify once.

That's about the closest I've ever gotten to what you're referring to.
>>
OP again, clearer audio from earlier in the track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oabxq7MK3o
>>
Clearly it was the devil because only he would stop the Seatbelts from playing.

Seriously, though, I just wanted to say that they are my favorite band, and props to you and yer friend for holding them highly as well. Yoko Kanno and Mei Yamane and all those other tens and tens of folks who played for them need more recognition for a project of that magnitude, diversity, and artistic value.
>>
You know this has all the hallmarks of a bullshit creepypasta, right? Melodramatic writing and a "hook" in the form of some piece of anime/vidya/pop culture detritus that 4chandlers would be into. Not even clicking on your shitty video, nerdhole.
>>
File: magic-trick.webm (2 MB, 404x720) Image search: [Google]
magic-trick.webm
2 MB, 404x720
It's just xbox shitting its bed because of software/streaming issues: it could be special characters in song name or maybe mp3 tags/bitrate. Just redownloading it from another source will most likely solve your problem.
PS. You sound like a fuccboi in that video.
>>
>>17009871
at 4 seconds in you can distinctly hear someone saying hello...
>>
>>17009586
just write a CD or put it on a flash drive -- XBOX can handle mp3s...
>>
>>17009666
>666
OP is fucking dead and the demon that killed him will devour our souls through the video if we watch it
>>
File: nope.png (40 KB, 189x207) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
40 KB, 189x207
>>17009733
>>17009871
what the fug
>>
>>17011121
OP again here.
Yeah, I know. I wish it had happened with any other track.
>>17011780
But why the distinctly breathy noises? why does the noise never stop?
I'm a nerdy douche, but far from a fuccboi haha
>>
Friend brought it to my attention that it may in fact just be the xbox playing it far slower than the song should play at.

Any idea how far I'd need to slow Tank down to get it to sound like this?
>>
Someone was watching your webcam, or accidently broadcast his voice. The walls have ears.
>>
>>17013810
Get a free audio editing program like audacity and fuck around with the speed. I would also try speeding up the Xbox recording.
>>
>>17013821
Hmmmm. I could see this, but they'd need to be broadcasting the same file every time I play the song. I can hear it again whenever I want to.
>>
>>17009666
Hey Alex.
OP Is green hair btw.
>>
>>17014128
Was this picture taken at Strange Matter?
>>
>>17009750
How are they stupid wat
>>
>>17014146 >>17014128
OP here. Not sure why the pic is necessary but I don't mind, since I posted the video on a youtube channel with my name attached.

That pic is from the Stone Pony in Asbury, NJ.
>>
>>17009733
Very similar thing happened to my friend. He was trying to play a song from a USB stick that was plugged into his xbox. Underneath all of the low pitch gurgle noises and scratching, we could hear the song muffled in the background. It might also be noted that the song was in a different key than it should have been. Plugged the stick back into computer and the mp3 played fine from there. We tried a bunch of songs on the xbox but it was just that one that was having problems.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.