[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the true working of the innermine? why did psychology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 112qw12.jpg (38 KB, 398x405) Image search: [Google]
112qw12.jpg
38 KB, 398x405
what is the true working of the innermine? why did psychology split away from communications based meths and go for behavioral/pharm approach?
>>
Because of dualistic thought and the ego.

It's also more profitable to put a bandaid on something and call it a day.
>>
The truth is that your a little bitch
>>
File: communication_meth.jpg (41 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
communication_meth.jpg
41 KB, 650x366
>the innermine

Is that where the secret dwarfs live?

>communications based meths

Oh, I see drugs are involved.
>>
dude what if you blew a line of pixels
>>
>>17008860
what about leftiez, the people with a one track mind and photographic memory? t h e y k n o w t h e | i n e
>>
File: 56131U3 418.jpg (40 KB, 492x380) Image search: [Google]
56131U3 418.jpg
40 KB, 492x380
>>17008881

>what about leftiez

WTF are you even trying to babble about? Do you have brain damage and you think if you learn a little about psychology it will help you?
>>
i did a backflip in my chair and wanted to write what it feels like.
>>
>>17008908
id unlearn some psychology if it was even possible
>>
File: pagokdicks.png (10 KB, 878x366) Image search: [Google]
pagokdicks.png
10 KB, 878x366
it just says "down" now.
>>
>>17008854
>why did psychology split away from communications based meths and go for behavioral/pharm approach

A whole number of factors play into this.

- Anglo-Saxon academy always secretly hated psychoanalysis because they thought it wasn't 'scientific' enough (i.e. wasn't immediately amenable to quantifcation and statistical analysis).

- Demands of the medical profession to produce measurable results. When psychiatry became part of medicine it had to meet clinical standards, and psychoanalysis, whose main effect is providing people some insight into their suffering but certainly not anything resembling a 'cure', does not meet that criteria.

- Economic corruption, pharmaceutical industry lobbying.

- Latent effects of individualism, the general selfishness and atomization prevalent in late 20th century culture, the desire to 'shut up' people who complicate our lives... Best example: Parents don't want to deal with problem kids? Dope 'em up, no big deal.

Overall it's a mix of factors both good and bad.

I think it's abundantly clear that psychoanalysis does not constitute a 'cure' in any sense that would be accepted in the physiological areas of medicine. The real question is whether the neurological-chemical paradigm that replaced it is preferable. I'm not sure it's better to prescribe people newly developed medicines with all sorts of unpredictable side effects than to tell them, "here let's have a talk about your issues." It's true the drugs produce a reduction of symptoms, but psychology isn't really comparable to endocrinology; the 'disorders' are never clearly distinguishable from ordinary human emotions and it seems like a lot of what goes on these days in psychiatry amounts to just wantonly handing out drugs to anyone who asks for them. I've been to shrinks before when I was a drug addict, I'm telling you, it's just a matter of chatting 5 minutes and they'll give you any drug you ask for. The whole thing is in desperate need of reform.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.