[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Barbie is Watching You, Barbie is your Friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: toyofthefuture.jpg (166 KB, 1177x601) Image search: [Google]
toyofthefuture.jpg
166 KB, 1177x601
Google/NSA is developing kid's toys that come equipped with cameras & microphones.

Prepare your daughter for a lifetime of surveillance with Hello Barbie, the doll that records children’s private conversations & transmits them to cloud servers, where they are analyzed by algorithms & listened to by strangers. Girls will learn important lessons, like that a friend might really be a corporate spy, & that anything you say can & will be used for market research.”

Google's patent describes toys that are equipped with microphones, speakers, cameras & a Wi-Fi connection. These 'toys' are always on, listening for a trigger word.

The toys use a trigger word which causes them to wake up & turn their gaze towards the person addressing them, they also check if the person talking is making eye contact.The patent adds, that making the device look "cute" should encourage even the youngest members of a family to interact with it.

"Young children might find these forms to be attractive," it says.

[ - google first sentence for links ]
>>
File: 1447883509980.png (85 KB, 302x385) Image search: [Google]
1447883509980.png
85 KB, 302x385
Big companies register a shitton of patents, just on the off chance that they might produce something that might fall under them. This isn't even worth a discussion.
>>
>>17008347
>>17008347
>implying they don't patent things to keep technology released to the public at a slow trickle
>implying they don't patent things for money
>>
Its so obvious. my cousins 3 year old daughter can say "Let me take a selfie" and take her moms phone out of her purse and take pictures of herself with it. Its nuts.

But now her mom (my cousin) is talking about getting a gun for her purse. Yeah great idea when you've been training your 3 year old daughter to grab stuff out of the purse since she could hold a bottle. Americans are hilarious.

And look at toys like elf on the shelf.
>>
Who gives a shit? What are kids going to even say? I pooped myself give me candy? Sure i could understand if it was something adults use in an important situation (political, financial, talk/decisions) but kids? Who the fuck listens to kids? They are blabbering idiots. It's like montioring manatees for important information...

If this was rolxes which have spy chip devices it would be a different type of deal.

A toy which records timmy while playing with his action figures sounds like the most retarded thing to record ever. Hands down. I'd hate to have that job listening to some little shit make voices and sound effects.

Google fucking sucks anyways, I could have worked there and they pay shit compared to other companies. The only thing they got going for them is the name. Telling chicks you work at google makes them instantly wet for some reason. Everyone knows google. People don't know smaller startups. The engineer who interviewed me at google was a complete idiot too. I got the job but declined. They called back twice in the last year and will probably call again. Making 190k a year fresh out of college is awesome.
>>
At first I tought this is absurd and stupid.
Then I realised the CIA wanted to and tried implanting microphones in domestic cats.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_Kitty

So the barbie dolls doesnt sound so weird.
The US government and CIA,NSA are honestly the greatest threat to humanity.
>>
>>17008325
>anything you say can & will be used for market research.”
So?

Why does everyone think market research is such a sinister concept?

"Oh no, corporations want to learn more about the market they're selling to, so they can sell things we want to buy"...?
>>
File: tokidoki-barbie.jpg (38 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
tokidoki-barbie.jpg
38 KB, 300x225
>>
>>17008422
>The US government and CIA,NSA are honestly the greatest threat to humanity.
>not the multi-national billionaires who control them along with the rest of the modern world and use them to further their own private interests
>>
>They are blabbering idiots
Exactly. They repeat everything they hear. You could find out tons of stuff about mom & dad from this crap.

You know what? This is a good fucking idea in regards to Child Protective Services. Little shit's getting abused and confides in her dolls? Or the dolls record the sounds of yelling and hitting? Fuck yeah, evidence. You always hear about how CPS never helps anyone because lack of evidence, well, now they can do it.

Dad wants to prove to them that mom is an abusive cunt, buys their kid a toy that records audio. This is awesome.

/shill
>>
I normally roll my eyes at most conspiracy threads, but as blatantly as companies like Google and Microsoft have already been invading everyone's privacy, this doesn't sound too far-fetched. I don't know what's creepier, the fact that everyone is being monitored, recorded, data-mined and spied on by all these big companies, or the fact that most people pass it off as no big deal and just let them.

>>17008387
It's obviously not for recording what the kids do, but their parents.
>>
>>17008387
Literally no one cares that you declined a job at Google. It was so unnecessary to even mention it in your post. Nice try @ a humble brag tho, loser.
>>
>>17008387
You'd change your tune when Jared Fogle's brother hacks into your daughter's Barbie's eyeballs while she's playing with them in the bathtub and someone posts pics and webms on /b/ then LEA traces the pics and vids back to you, puts you in jail, puts daughter in foster home Jessi slaughter-style all the while 4chan lulz at your misfortune. Don't think it can't happen.
>>
File: 1.jpg (12 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
12 KB, 400x300
>>
File: its_time_for_me_to_die.png (284 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
its_time_for_me_to_die.png
284 KB, 500x381
> mfw just bought my sister a fucking Barbie Dream House for Christmas
> all conversations within that Dream House will be recorded
Can you believe that shit was $167?
>>
>>17008347
>This isn't even worth a discussion.
>>17008387
>Who gives a shit?

These are the 2 assholes that would claim privacy invasion i a court to get a few million dollars. But no, lets be edgy on 4chen.
>>
>>17010366
>lets be edgy on 4chen

That seems to be the prevailing attitude these days.
>>
>>17008325
>Google/NSA
Try Mattel
>>
>>17009713
thats cute, really
>>
>>17010126
fucking this
>>
>>17010126
Jarod's brother is A GOOD MAN who ONLY eats Quizno's and Jimmy John's (and the occasional Marco's because no one is perfect).

His name is Tayne and he would NEVER eat Subway so you leave Tayne alone!

Huge pedophile, though. Keep him away from your kids' Internet of Things enabled toys. He will hack into them.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.