[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, I don't really know where else to put this, but does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1425749050858.jpg (34 KB, 896x349) Image search: [Google]
1425749050858.jpg
34 KB, 896x349
Hey, I don't really know where else to put this, but does anyone else have unexplained(and this is going to sound really lame but I can't really think of any other word for it)abilities that they have? Now, don't overestimate me, I can't do anything really cool like float or something. I guess I just kinda want to know if this happens to anyone else, I've never considered myself a snowflake, ever. But I'll explain.
Well, since I was little my body moves of it's own volition, but only in a reflex situation. The weird part is, it reacts to things I'm not aware of. A ball coming towards me, stepping over something I didn't even know was there, things like that. One time I was knocked off a jungle gym and my hand automatically reached for a pole before I fell. This happens pretty often and I can't control it. Another thing is my body is surprisingly lithe. Now, it just sounds like I'm bragging but it's true, for my size and stature I'm surprised I move how I do. I'm not super fast or anything, though. I also find it really easy to dodge things, mostly because I just "let go" and find that I happened to dodge whatever was coming. Maybe I'm overreacting, though, maybe I just have good reflexes. But my question is, do you guys have weird things you can't explain about you?
>>
>>17007657
Go to bed Cody.
>>
>>17007676
Okay.
>>
>>17007657
I can actually explain my abilities and as for yours your a precog that reacts to what is about to happen before it does. if you can learn to focus that ability you can control it better and probably learn to see thing well in advance and help others.
>>
>instincts
>reflexes

yeah man you're special it's not like every animal ever does this almost 24/7.
>>
>>17007717
That would be neat.

>>17007728
Yeah, like I said I don't think I'm special. I just explained what happens to me and asked of anyone else had similar experiences.
>>
>>17007728
so your telling me you react to things before they happen because that is what OP is saying. a reflex would be acting to a stimuli like seeing a ball tossed your way and acting to catch it but what op is describing is moving to catch the ball before it is thrown.
>>
>>17007657
Congrats, you managed to naturally have what everyone else has to work to get. Your body has dissociated itself from the mind. Your body can now basically work by itself with very little imput from the mind. This leaves a load of free space in your mind that you can dedicate to other things.
>>
>>17007788
Huh, alright. What else could you even use your mind for, if not for your body?
>>
I can tell what people are going to say before they say it sometimes

I'm and x mens
>>
>>17007814
Interesting. How often?
>>
I find that I can do this after a good workout in the gym. Like for example just yesterday I was extremely tired after my workout and I still went to play badminton with my friend, and I kinda just let loose and let my body do the rest. I realised I could reflexively just take any kind of shot coming my way, and it felt as if my body was predicting them. Maybe I can't match up to you OP, but this was pretty similar.
>>
I'm a girl and I can masturbate and orgasm without touching myself at all.
I can also reach orgasm by massaging my leg
>>
>>17007657
I had my body move "of its own volition" in a non-reflex situation.
>I used to pay close attention to intuition and base my decisions on it
>follow my intuition around all day
>intuition led me to the fridge to make a sandwich
>suddenly intuition disappears mid-sandwich making
>I stay in mid-motion waiting for intuition to tell me what to do next
>no signals
>I wait, still no signals
>I'm getting frustrated
>suddenly remember this saying of Jesus - "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
>I must have "let go" as you say
>I start involuntarily walking out of the room
>I'm watching it happen not involved in it at all
>I have no idea where I'm walking to
>watch myself walk upstairs and end up in front of a cabinet
then the situation ended there. I hadn't tried to do it again until this morning, and I didn't have much success. I quieted my mind a lot, but not enough to start moving involuntarily.

>>17008160
I was also thinking today about trying to do this.
>>
More often than not when I wish for things they happen. It's probably just conveniently-timed coincidences. But they're just so convenient sometimes that it spooks me.
>>
I have the ability to see through windows and move inanimate objects with the power of my hands yacuntchy
>>
>>17007956
That's pretty cool, I wonder if it's related.

>>17008160
That's hot.

>>17008560
Wow, that's like moving on auto pilot all the time. I don't think I can do that at all.

>>17008583
Ever tried testing that out? What's the upper limit of craziness you can wish for?

>>17008619
Simply astounding mate.
>>
>>17007788
That's not dissociation.

OP, if you are lucky enough to not be too fucked over by life so far, then your body will carry less tension and be able to move and react the way nature intended. It's a goal of 'internal' martial arts to release tension from the body to un-learn acquired patterns of movement. Reactions become instinctive, easy, lithe. Sounds like you're lucky, enjoy it and try to maintain it.
>>
>>17008160
How, from thought or visualisation or something, or movement?
>>
"I've never considered myself a snowflake, ever."

Why? Because the cognitive dissonant use the special snowflake thing as a broad insult?
>>
File: Grimoires.jpg (8 KB, 188x244) Image search: [Google]
Grimoires.jpg
8 KB, 188x244
If you being to observe a phenomenon the best way to investigate it is to use the scientific method.

Start by keeping a journal related to "unexplained abilities" and makes sure to keep in the strict habit of documenting your experiences.

Once you have compiled a list with enough variety you can attempt to use phenomenology to explain the occurrences.
>>
>>17009727
>the cognitive dissonant
Is that a group of people or something? I've just never had the idea that, in the world, I'm the only person who has ever felt, thought or done something.

>>17009800
That's a good idea.
>>
File: kinesthetic.jpg (15 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
kinesthetic.jpg
15 KB, 400x300
Something else to consider as well... The whole reason we have brains is because of movement.

While a chess master machine can beat the world chess champion 26 out of 30 times, our most advanced robotics pale in comparison to our ability to move.

Movement is the most essential aspect of human existence. Unlike plants who do not have brains that simply exist and gain all the necessary nutrients passively, humans need to (or needed to) move to survive and reproduce.

There is a species of Sea Tube Worm that when its born it has a brain and it floats around and propels itself with villi. But once it reaches a certain age it finds the nearest rock or coral formation and roots itself. Immediately upon rooting itself (becoming permanently immobile) it eats its brain.

The point is that movement is the basis for how life as we know it unfolds. Simply watching the Olympics demonstrates the awesome and amazing ability that humans have and most of it revolves around tactical movement!

What you are explaining is certainly not unusual. Reaching out to stop yourself from falling is a perfect example of an autonomic reflex. It is the degree to which your reflexes respond is what should be examined.

And since you seem to be keenly aware of your kinesthetic ability, I recommend you train and hone your abilities!
>>
File: golf.jpg (9 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
golf.jpg
9 KB, 283x178
I mean shit. Society will reward you with millions and millions of dollars if you can take a small white ball and put it in a hole 500 yards away!
>>
>>17009826
That's pretty interesting Anon, a few have suggested I should hone this. Guess I'll get started.

>>17009839
I feel l'd be terrible at golf.
>>
>>17007657
Like you, OP, I am able to suck an inhuman number of cocks in the course of a day.
>>
>>17007657
Having lived in your body and used it every day of your life, why are you surprised that it functions effectively on autopilot? People who learn to play an instrument on a professional level or focus on a single video game find the same phenomena happening in the context of those activities. I think that if your senses detect something that doesn't require analysis (due to extensive familiarity), the subconscious says to the conscious ""don't even trip, I got this" and you never have to become aware of it.
>>
>>17011805
Huh, that makes sense actually.
>>
>>17011766
Glad I'm not the only one amigo.
>>
>>17008160
Is it a key word? Like you've been trained to react a specific way to a specific phrase? I've heard of this being possibly, but have never heard of an actual case, so if you please, explain.
>>
If this is gonna be a "real superpowers" thread, I can control my smell. It takes about half an hour for me to change it, but if I keep thinking about a certain scent, I can produce it.
>>
>>17012707
Wow, that's really cool. How long does the created scent last?
>>
>>17012797
Depends on how much I sweat and that sort of thing, but unless I take a shower, usually a few hours.
>>
So, the /x/-men:
>>17007657
Reflex man
>>17007814
Reflex man (conversation version)
>>17008160
not allowed by the comics code
>>17008583
Jirachi
>>17012707
Stinky Pete
>>
>>17012863
Heh, that's pretty funny man.
>>
File: hz26RZB.jpg (41 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
hz26RZB.jpg
41 KB, 500x376
I get that sudden reflex thing too, OP. It's a little different for me though, I have to devote a small amount of my attention to it. I usually put in a little extra to being more aware of my senses because it seems to help. It's because I seem to be good at controlling all parts of my body and mind. Started with controlling my heart rate and moved on from there. It's pretty fun fucking with doctors and other medical people when they hook me up to a heart monitor. They always freak out and think I'm dying. Moved on from there to the rest of the body and than began on the mind stuff.
>>
>>17008583
Just for kicks wish for Brady and Nicci to end up together.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.