[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sufism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: yzVpS7L[1].jpg (955 KB, 2074x1382) Image search: [Google]
yzVpS7L[1].jpg
955 KB, 2074x1382
anyone here familiar with sufism?
>>
>>17006649
Nah, but coincedentally I saw a video of a Sufist priest/monk doing prayers in Albania.

Wanna know more about it. Enlighten me anons.
>>
>tfw hate Islam and its apologists
>tfw you think Sufism is based
>>
>>17006697
Best description of Sufism I've heard is that if the ordinary Muslim is content to meet God in the afterlife, the Sufi wants to experience the divine in this life.

They're generally one of the most passionate mystical sects out there. It's all about love, love, love. Love for God, and love for his creation, which reflects him in its every facet
>>
isnt sufism like the gnosticism of islam?
>>
I just read a little introduction to Sufism and it seems very similar to Vajrayana Buddhism.
Both the philosophy and the actual practice.

Like visualising the the letters of Allah on your hearth and radiating it with light.
Buddhists visualise OM/HUNG/HUM/A on the cakras and let it radiate with light.

Sufism from what I have heard is also about looking inward, ascetism, and becoming one with Allah.
Buddhism is also about looking inward, ascetism and becoming one with Buddha

The more I learn about different religions the more I am convinced we can all live in harmony. Most of the differences between religions are only minor or superficial.

It also makes me realise how much politicians and bankers distort the truth to make us hate each other for profits and power.
>>
>>17006724

>tfw hate Islam and its apologists

Sufism is barely islam.
>>
>>17006729
that's literally what it is. it's not usually put that way, but sufis are "gnostic" in the exact same sense the Gnostics were "gnostic"
>>
>>17006736
Reality is the same everywhere. Mysticism is an investigation and, ultimately, the experience of the deepest truths of reality. A yogi meditating in India would experience roughly the same state of consciousness a shiekh would when he contemplates the glory of God

It follows then that the supreme reality is the same whether it is being contemplated in the mind of a Hindu, or a Christian, or a daoist, regardless of superficial differences. Don't be distracted by labels.
>>
>>17006785
this so much. If only more people would accept this.

The message,prophet,language,god are relative, but the experience is absolute.
>>
>>17006785
This. This to the max.

That which is, is; when a person allows themself to forgo all of the meaningless iconography that is the attempt to personify god, they can more easily experience it.
>>
>>17006649
Yes Anon I'll start with the fact that >>17006728
is pretty accurate. The majority of Suffis I've met just joined up to smoke pot and do psychadelic drugs though. I'm also assuming you've also read Rumi?
>>
i try reading ibn Arabi's The bezels of wisdom. I cant understand shit. Just hoping maybe someone here know what it is really this mystic talking about. I know all spiritual teaching have some kind of similarity but i have a feeling sufism explanation is better structured about the nature of god etc.
>>
>>17006785

Also points to the Demiurge being real 2bh pham
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>17007165
The god of the mystics is more the transcendental pleroma than the inferior, imperfect demiurge. This whole 'youre being duped into feeding the demiurge' thing is such a Shitty meme. Life isn't a final fantasy game
>>
>>17007165
If you ever looked into mysticism in the slightest, you'd realize that "God" isn't really some man in the sky with levers that control shit on earth, It's more complicated than that. God doesn't directly have morals or objectives like many major religions would have you believe; they only look at one aspect of god.
>>
>>17008285
>>17008110

Well yeah, the fact that nearly all religions have suppressed mysticism that leads to the pleroma and authoritarian power from revelation suggests that both are real.
>>
>>17008494
Okay, I see what you're saying.
>>
>>17008494
That makes more sense.
>>
File: 1432178976134.png (3 MB, 2560x2739) Image search: [Google]
1432178976134.png
3 MB, 2560x2739
>>17008494
>Well yeah, the fact that nearly all religions have suppressed mysticism
Wait, what?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_mysticism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symeon_the_New_Theologian#Writings
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesychasm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theosis_(Eastern_Orthodox_theology)

Seriously, we made a council specifically to conclude that "yes, solitary contemplation and unity with God is legit orthodox spirituality"

And catholic mysticism is also very cool.
>>
they spin to make you forget.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.