[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unexplainable Smells
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
Hello /x/, my girlfriend told me that the past few weeks she would wake up in the middle of the night, and smell some weird smells for just a few moments, before they dissappear. I have read that ghosts usually have smell nice. is that true?

inb4 fart jokes
>>
I forgot to add that in her house you can occasionally listen things falling down (all tho nothing really falls down), items disappear and appear where they were before (like a knife disappears of the table, and after 5 minutes its back there) etc
>>
File: laughingskull.gif (174 KB, 299x240) Image search: [Google]
laughingskull.gif
174 KB, 299x240
>>17006487
if any spooks have any smell, it'usually sulfur
and if it's sulfur, it's usually a demon.
Have fun exorcising your house and gf, OP
>>
File: 1376500821938.jpg (29 KB, 361x345) Image search: [Google]
1376500821938.jpg
29 KB, 361x345
>>17006501

It's funny that you say that, becaus lately she has become really nervous, like yelling at me for no real reason etc. Maybe its the lack of sex tho
>>
G
A
S W A M P
>>
>>17006487
I just laughed for about 3 minutes straight thinking about a woman who doesn't know what a fart is, just waking up after your loud farts then getting spooped out.
>>
File: Spirit Box.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Spirit Box.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
It would appear you have a mischievous energy about the place. While it is well known that objects can absorb an individuals essence so too can houses as the material its made of expands and contracts through out the seasons. The vibrations made by movement and our voices get trapped in the walls, floors, and ceiling as well particles from our skin and hair, bits of our clothing, and pretty much everything else from food to waste.

Olfactory processes are intimately tied in with memory. Considering this and what we know to be memory, (repetition of firing along neuronal pathways) its not much of a leap at all to suggest that perhaps essence from the past (ie particles and so forth) is condensing and manifesting.

Now the tricky part is to figure out why. As all things vibrate and give off wavelengths, as a human beings moods change the wavelengths we give off also change. The current poltergeist like activity could have been triggered by a simple change in your girlfriends mood patterns resulting in a temporary match with the spectral patterns of a collection of energy within the house.

Most likely whatever it is that your girlfriend is becoming aware of can only be felt when ones brain waves are in alpha as you mentioned she experiences the smell just after waking.

As far as physical objects being misplaced, I do not have a readily available explanation. If the house is old it is very possible that more than one significant collection of energy (or memory if you will) exists within the place.
>>
File: Compendium Maleficarum.jpg (50 KB, 300x457) Image search: [Google]
Compendium Maleficarum.jpg
50 KB, 300x457
>>17006501

As Anonymous has said, beware of sudden feelings of oppression, being watched, scratches on the body, strange pet behavior, and smells of sulfur or mold.

These are signs that there are more sinister forces at work.
>>
>>17006525

So is there anything we can do to banish this negative energy?
>>
>>17006514
>like yelling at me for no real reason
Thats called having a girlfriend you faggot
>>
File: yin and yang.jpg (41 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
yin and yang.jpg
41 KB, 1000x1000
>>17006556

What makes you think this energy is negative? While you did mention that your girlfriends mood has been off, I did explain that it is most likely that her mood change is the excitatory or instigating factor. Simply put, the energy is not causing your girlfriend to become negative but rather the opposite is occurring.

Encountering strange smells is hardly anything if not benign. And while it is somewhat of a nuisance to loose stuff, documenting this phenomenon would do the world of science a lot of good!

As long things remain as they are I wouldn't worry in the slightest.
>>
>>17006487
The smell of copper Pennys or that iron blood smell can be a skinwalker aka goatman
>>
>>17006844
/x/ calls them fleshgaits now.

Skinwalkers was agreed to be the wrong term and goatmen are completely different.
>>
sorry to say OP but ur bitch has a brain tumor

they make you smell weird shit
>>
>>17006514
>>17007726
sorry op but this plus this makes me wonder
>>
>>17006487
It could just be something logical, like mice in the ventilation system.

Oh shit this is /x/, what I meant to say was it's probably the smelly resurrected spirit of a gassy skinwalker performing an odorous seance.

SPOOOOOOOPY
>>
In some situations my father smell roses and my mother ether, this ia a interisting phenomena
>>
>>17006520
underrated post
>>
>>17007597
Fleshgaits? sounds like a sex toy
>>
It's notable that smell is incredibly atrophied compared to most of our senses. Evolutionarily speaking, even our ape/monkey ancestors relied on their eyes more than their noses.

So you have a lot of basic markers that we do keep consistant. But we have thousands upon thousands of different smell receptors in our noses that just don't even function. And the ones that do almost respond randomly compared to other people.

Taste is better, but like, there's a single base pair difference out there, for example, that opens some buds up in just the right way so that they bind to cilantro. Trouble is, these buds are responsible for tasting bitter things, so there's a huge contingent of people out there who taste horriffic soapy tastes with it, even though it's the godsend of herbs to everyone else
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.