[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MANDELA EFFECT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: Screenshot_2015-10-26-19-05-01.png (836 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-26-19-05-01.png
836 KB, 1080x1920
Do you remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 80's? Or maybe the color chartreuse as being a deep burgundy red? Or perhaps the cutsey bear family book series/show that was popular in the 90's known as the "BerenstEin" bears? Well, none of those things are true in this timeline. If any of those things ring a bell or make you feel unsettled, that is because we have entered another reality.
>>
>>17004469
I remember the bear book series. Had a ton of them as a child. I'm not unsettled, but I am intrigued
>>
>>17004525
If you remember it as Stein, and not Stain, look it up now. Even the vintage books have the new misnomer.
>>
>>17004525
And I recall it being stEin. Not fucking stain.
>>
>>17004525
If you have the vintage books, you will even be shocked to see your old childhood favorites are now slightly shifted to this new reality. And although this may seem like a small and petty change, it comes with many others..
>>
>>17004529
.... Holy fuck... I'm sp000000ked
>>
>>17004532
What else could there be a Mandela effect of
>>
>>17004537
Not sure if sarcasm but, yes, I felt spooked too. At first I thought the switch from Stein to Stain was some sort of anti-semitiscm propaganda, but alas, even books from the 90's have been altered. Anyone have any other experiences such as these? Another popular one is some people are thoroughly convinced New Zealand was to the northwest of australia and was much closer than it is now. This one doesnt ring a bell for me, but it does for a lot of people. Please share any experiences.
>>
>>17004548
Mandelaeffect.com
>>
>>17004550
>NZ to the NW of Australia
you're thinking of Indonesia, my friend
>>
>>17004550
I thought NZ was there too.. But a lot of these that I found could be common misconception that the brain never really paid attention to. Like Google's color scheme. Do you remember it by heart? Maybe the first O was yellow. Or you're damn sure it was red. Who knows
>>
>>17004573
Check out the website I posted, although people's comments of course cannot be proven fact, I'd like to assume that MOST people aren't lying and it seems like a lot of them have compelling evidence to believe what they do. The only one I truly resonate with is the Bernstein bears. Chartruse definitely sounds like red and not a puke green to me, but thats still not conpelling enough. And as far as Nelson Mandela, I remember believing strongly that he died in prison and for some reason it seems a lot more plausible than him magically becoming the first ever democratically elected president of south africa. But, the only one so far that I can truly stand behind is the Bernstein bears. It is simply not a false memory.
>>
Look, I love the paranormal and the creepy and the weird, but I do not buy this shit in the slightest. It's possible for someone to misremember, therefore many people can misremember. Doesn't mean it's an "alternate timeline" or whatever. Occam's razor for fuck's sake. Anyone that truly believes New Zealand has really moved hundreds of kilometres as opposed to "I misremembered its location" is beyond stupid.

I rarely absolutely deny anything but this is seriously the lowest of the low. It's astrology-tier.
>>
>>17004586
Why would any of this happen though. What's the significance of having Stein to Stian
>>
>>17004586
>Chartruse sounds like red
Well, it's not and never has been.

>Nelson Mandela magically becoming president
It wasn't magic; you just don't know anything about it.

>It is simply not a false memory.
Yes, that's absolutely what it is.
>>
Remember when Ricky Martin died in 2013? Well,he's still alive.
>>
I am bad at conveying theories without making them look like complete tinfoil hat conspiracies. Please read this article all the way through. Its not letting me post the article, saying it is spam. Please good "berenstein bears alternate reality" and its the blogspot that first comes out. I deplore you to read it.
>>
>>17004602
>Well it's not and has never been.
Yeah... in your reality...
>>
Remember when Rihanna died in 2013?

Well, it was actually just her career.
>>
>>17004596
Its not the coincidence itself, but what possibilities surrounds it. Please google "bernstein bears alternate reality" and click on the first blogspot. Your questions will be answered. Can't post link, idk why
>>
>>17004586
As I've pointed out to the million other people who said this before you....

It's not BERNstein/stain. If you are not even spelling BERENstein/stain correctly now that you know of the mandela effect stuff, why can you be so sure you knew how to spell it properly back then? You are mistaken about the spelling now, just like you were mistaken about the spelling in your childhood. Can you not accept that this is the most likely reality of what happened?
>>
>>17004631
No, I am just mistyping a lot of things because its 4am and I havent slept in two days and I missed one fucking letter lol. It is Berenstein, at least as I strongly recall it along with many other people.
>>
>>17004631
Can you at least read the article? Even if you dont believe in the mandela effect, or believe in the paranormal aspect of it, the parallel reality theory that the author presents is super interesting. Please just read for pleasure if anything..
>>
>>17004640
if you're talking about the "wood between worlds" blogspot then i read it over a year ago and you need to read to end next time. quote from the author:

>People frequently cite my blog post as supporting alternative timelines. Or alterations to the timeline due to time travel. Or the many worlds hypothesis. I've written extensively about time travel, where I outright deny the possibility of altering the past. I even denied it in the post in question, when addressing another blog on the same subject (definitely worth a check for the curious).

>I don't believe in alternate timelines, and I don't believe the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics. Neither of those explanations would make any sense, here, either. Timelines are a completely unphysical concept that fly in the face of our current understand of general relativity (as explained by me here). The many-worlds interpretation is at least supposed to explain a physical phenomenon, but the "universes" in this interpretation can never be re-combined. The many-worlds interpretation is a scientific theory, and the claims it makes about "alternate universes" are very specific and take a very specific form, and they take a form that is at odds with the idea of jumping universes. If Universe A were in fact a separate "universe" in the many-worlds sense, then we can't cross to it from Universe E.

>So, for the record, my blog post has nothing to do with alternative timelines, and nothing to do with the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics.
>>
>>17004655
Yes I am. I'm just not sure what the difference between a parallel universe (which he supports) and another dimension is. Either way, I think I am picturing what he is talking about. I am not super eloquent or awake right now so I am sorry for misconstruing it. So PARALLEL UNIVERSE is what I meant. Not different time or time travel. Same "time" I suppose, just a parallel universe. Like a mirror
>>
>>17004655
I also, do not believe in altering time or the past or future. It makes no sense. No matter what a "timetraveller" does, it would be already accounted for. This has nothing to do with time anyways. Just sayin.
>>
Nwo moved 90% of humanity to this universe with the LHC to gain control in our old universe. When they shifted us they moved us into a highly improbable universe (the bird shutting lhc down with a piece of bread timeline) were safer now, they got the control they wanted and were the lucky ones.
>>
>>17004675
What is LHC
>>
>>17004678
Large Hadron Collider
>>
>>17004685
Oh, okay. Why would they move that? Couldnt they use it to their benefit? Or in your opinion, do they want us to destroy ourselves with it? It hasn't happened yet and people thought it was gunna happen back in april or may..
>>
>>17004675
Wait.. the lhc was destroyed?? By a bird?? Why havent i heard of this
>>
Steins Gate anyone?
>>
>>17004694
Google bread bird lhc
>>
>>17004694
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/large-hadron-collider/6514155/Large-Hadron-Collider-broken-by-bread-dropped-by-passing-bird.html

This is the same year all the Mandela effects started being noticed.
>>
>>17004714
Wait, but there was a LHC just this past year. Everyones been freaking out about it the past 6 or so months, but i havent heard of it very recently. Havent you heard of this one? Lots of people were convinced it would be the end
>>
>>17004719
CERN?
>>
>>17004550
NZ was NW of australia
SA had no lakes
darwin and broome have switched places
fraser island is north of brisbane
canberra is too far south
>>
>>17004554
The 52 states thing is stupid.
I think it's because you know that there are 2 states not grouped with the rest, so you know that the US has X+2 states, where X is the number of states in the largest connected component. They also know that America has 50 states, but they think X=50, not X=2 = 50, so they add ANOTHER 2, to get 52.
Throw in a few foreign teachers who don't know what they're talking about, and it becomes common knowledge outside of the states.
>>
>>17004777
I'm a Kiwi. Can confirm we have not moved. Never been North of Oz.
Nelson Mandela was also a big part of our culture in the mid 90s so that's not a thing either. I'm sure the books have likewise not changed. It's your memory blurring coupled with a collective thought complex.

You guys that believe this need a better understanding of neurology. The brain is a powerful manipulator.
>>
I remember people talking about Mandela effect not being retards.
>>
>>17004807
When?
>>
How is this paranormal? People get shit wrong all the time. As for the bears you were probably a kid and pronounced it the way that made more sense and that stuck in your mind until you were corrected.

My friends and even pop culture are constantly misquoting cclassic movie lines (see: luke / father line from star wars; end line of Casablanca etc). Then you see the film. It hasn't changed either you listen to idiots or are one.

how anyone could not know Mandela's story just proves you weren't paying attention to global events.
>>
>>17004631

^^this; right here kiddos
>>
File: 1340741856169.jpg (65 KB, 640x762) Image search: [Google]
1340741856169.jpg
65 KB, 640x762
President Obama says he's visited 57 states, and still has a few he hasn't been to yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws
>>
>>17004664
>just a parallel universe. Like a mirror

please tell me you understand how mirrors work. They are not "windows" to an alternative"you". It is a reflection.

>I never thought I would have to explain mirrors to anybody since the whole "his tattoo has changed sides!!" debacle.
>>
File: 1415222606499.jpg (191 KB, 1237x941) Image search: [Google]
1415222606499.jpg
191 KB, 1237x941
>>17004695

I remember it as Stinglecrumbles Back door.

HOLY SHIT WERE IN ANOTHER DIMENSION! AHHAHHHHHHH
>>
I know this sounds ridiculous but I swear my gf's vagina has changed aesthetically (shape and color).

Have been going out for a few months and only twice had sex in the day when I can see things cleary(usually have sex at night. at day time once when we first started going out a few months ago and then second time just the other day)
>>
File: gxroLOt.png (741 KB, 985x549) Image search: [Google]
gxroLOt.png
741 KB, 985x549
am I the only one who remembers bill cosby dying back in like 2008??
>>
Anyone else remember Fidel Castro dying?
>>
How can anyone think chartreuse is red? That shit always been nasty green...

Actually I know exactly how. Male color blindness, so never mind.
>>
I DON'T remember Neil Armstrong dying. At all.
>>
>>17005390
I'm female, and have always thought it was red. There may have been other factors, of course, I'm not denying that, but it still shakes the male colour blindness theory of yours.
>>
>>17005362
I do, back in 2008 or so.
>>
japan near russia, they were near Australia. north korea and south korea were not in the Asian continent they were loners. Nobody were near them and did not fuck with them till they rustled somebody. They couldn't even launch a nuke at us. But now things changed and they are on the border of china. They can do anything.
>>
>>17005390
Before I ever looked up the word, chartreuse just sounded like a red to me. I don't know why.
>>
>>17005437
Did you see the color before, or only thought it was red from people telling you? I know many guys with color blindness and the way they perceive colors is all fucked up, red/green colorblindness and etc. It just seems weird people would think its red, had they actually seen the color before.

>>17005521
Well if it sounds like it, that's fine, what I mean is people seeing the color and thinking it's red. The word does sound like some fancy brown/red wood color, but it's green when seen.
>>
>>17005468
This just sounds like poor education and map projections.

Mercator a shit
>>
>>17004719
It got fixed bud
>>
>>17005362

What? Fidel Castro is alive?
>>
>>17006092
Yeah he's been really sick for a long time but he's still alive.
>>
>>17006103
No he's not he died like 2 years go what the fugg it was on the news and websites everywhere
>>
>>17006110
That was a hoax
>>
>>17004469
For some odd reason I remember Chevrolet, as Chevorlet.
>>
File: the-berenstain-bears_o_1012582.jpg (98 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
the-berenstain-bears_o_1012582.jpg
98 KB, 500x513
ITT people who prefer to think it is reality that is subjective and changeable rather than their own perceptions.
>>
File: 80DF6809B.jpg (37 KB, 387x376) Image search: [Google]
80DF6809B.jpg
37 KB, 387x376
>>17005362

>thought Fidel Castro was dead
>heard about him on TV
>shit, Castro died years ago
>nope, Castro is alive
>remember Mandela effect threads
>4chin shift realities
>>
Who else remembers it like this?

>berenSTEIN bears
>"mirror mirror on the wall"
>Curious George had a tail
>"No Luke, I am your father"
>Muhammad Ali passed away
>>
Tbh He was in prison for 27 years. It wouldn't be that weird if people just forgot about him and assumed he was dead like Fidel Castro.
>>
Looney Tunes or Looney Toons, lads?
>>
Was North Korea connected with Russia or China?
>>
>>17006633
Both, Russia has a tiny strip of land that borders NK, usually hard to remember since it's so small
>>
>>17006633
>north Korea is wrong
>He doesn't care about the fact that Japan is HUNDREDS OF MILES NORTH OF WHERE IT SHOULD BE
>>
>>17004537
yep me too its unsettling
>>
>>17004469
the mandela thing does ring a bell. i remember it being a big deal.
>>
>>17006618
>merry melodies

nice try
>>
File: download.jpg (15 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15 KB, 259x194
>>17006618

/x/phile, Latin american branch id:842Yog_sototh

The term refers to Tunes, that is related to music.

Here, back in those days, every cartoon had instrumental orchestral music or classical music, so how it was branded was:

Merry Melodies
Looney Tunes
Happy Harmonies
among other cartoons at the time. As you can see the pattern, it was COLORFUL followed by MUSIC related name
>>
Chakotay dying in an episode of Star Trek
>>
File: u7-flop.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1247) Image search: [Google]
u7-flop.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1247
It's possible to posit things about alternate timelines and how they work. It seems that physicists think it's not only possible, but likely these days. However any reasoning about phenomena broadly classified as the Mandela Effect, such as what caused it, when did it start, and what else will change is of course purely speculative.

That being said, many of us seem to have memories that contradict the facts of reality as far as we can tell. The sheer number of people all attesting to events that never seem to have happened, or entire generations of people remembering the same thing incorrectly in the same fashion? This cannot be explained away adequately. Something happened and now we're through the looking glass. It's subtle but as we continue to go deeper into this rabbit hole things will become more obvious.

So what does /pol remember about Mongolia? Don't look it up, tell me what you can recall. In my alternate past timeline it was a semi-autonomous region of the Peoples Republic of China.
>>
The Mandela Effect pisses me off because it's very obviously a bunch of people who can NOT admit that they were mistaken, and instead make up a story about goddamn alternate realities so that they could be right.

It's the height of arrogance.
>>
>>17004529
You are a complete faggot, it's called edition and re-impression
pic related
same way companies change their names like Square Enix is now Enix and Eidos Studios is just now Eidos

faggot
>>
I swear mandela died in prison too... weird
>>
>>17004469

Do you remember the fucking bear books being brought up every cocksucking day, just like that bitch what drowned in the hotel water tower?

If you don't, you've entered the Head In Ass reality.
>>
>>17006607
But it was mirror mirror on the wall. I just googled it and its that everywhere.
>>
>>17004714
I noticed the spelling change for the bears very clearly in the late 90s.
>>
>>17006607
You think it's "No Luke, I am your father" because literally everyone misquotes it as "Luke, I am your father"

Source: I'm Luke, heard it my whole damn life.
>>
>>17006774
Half these things are misquotes and bad map projections I swear. Same with Forrest Gump

The only thing I ever remembered is the Henry VIII thing, but then I saw someone describe it and it was completely different than what I remembered.
Probably saw an actual painting of someone other than Henry VIII
>>
File: 1447106533716.jpg (25 KB, 520x447) Image search: [Google]
1447106533716.jpg
25 KB, 520x447
>>17004469
More like The Power of Suggestion.
>>
File: world-map.gif (99 KB, 1200x715) Image search: [Google]
world-map.gif
99 KB, 1200x715
Why is South America so far to the east?
>>
Shadow people, y'all.
>>
>>17004878

What's with that red wire?
Is the POTUS inseminating the kid to gift the next generation of Muslim ISIS terrorists, untarnished by Michelle's stink?
>>
>>17006829
Its always been there
You're just focusing on shit you haven't before because of this retarded theory.

Also fucking Mercator
>>
>>17006829
because that map's inaccurate
>>
>>17006829
Jesus has it really come to this....
>>
File: ohhxe80.jpg (76 KB, 1280x694) Image search: [Google]
ohhxe80.jpg
76 KB, 1280x694
Dazed and Confused (1993) 15 minute mark
>>
File: openphotonet_World globe1.jpg (1 MB, 2848x2136) Image search: [Google]
openphotonet_World globe1.jpg
1 MB, 2848x2136
>>17006945
Indian ocean is commonly used for logos and legends
>>
File: 1440415538751.png (99 KB, 344x356) Image search: [Google]
1440415538751.png
99 KB, 344x356
Also
>used to be ''Sex in the City''
>now it's ''Sex and the City''
>>
>>17004469
I just learned that fluid cups are the same as dry cups when cooking. Blew my mind, I remember being taught that liquid and dry were different.
>>
>>17004469
So this is the will of steins;gate
>>
File: 1448429880137[1].jpg (114 KB, 1016x642) Image search: [Google]
1448429880137[1].jpg
114 KB, 1016x642
>>
>>17007380
just as I thought
>>
>>17005349
That was Bernie Mac. I've gotten it mixed up a couple times too.
>>
>>17004469
Mr. rogers NEVER sang "its a beautiful day in THIS neighborhood". he sang "the". thats the one ME that has tipped me over the edge. i watched the show and sang the song hundreds of times. its fucking impossible that i would have replaced such a distinctly different word like that. it sounds totally different.
>>
I remembered a website way back in the day called "Sex with cherries" back when I first got into porn. I've searched the internet up and down. Nobody seems to remember it.

Archive.org, old threads, asking around, etc... and haven't turned up anything. It's was one of the those early internet HTML sites--very simple with just a handful pictures with nude girls playing with cherries.
>>
also Lamb Chops Play-Along. Instead of the song that NEVER ends, now in this shitty universe its the song that DOSENT end. Have i gone insane?
>>
>>17007466

Yes retard, you're taking everything /x/ says too seriously.

Your memories aren't always right.
>>
Not for nothing but the whole Berenstain Bears thing (or however you spell it) is the biggest joke of them all. Here are the options: Either a bunch of people forgot how to spell a word (by one letter no less) or it's definitive proof of an alternate dimension. Yes, the latter sounds way more rational and believable. I mean, how bored are you?
Now if they had come out and said it was the Berenstain Cats or something, then that would be something worth talking about.

But it's not.

It's just a simple misspelling.
>>
>>17007469
new faggot universe shill
>>
>>17007479
I mean. It's bigger than that. It changes the entire pronouncation from "BearenSTEIN" with the long e sound
vs
"BearenSTAIN" with the long a sound
>>
>>17007479
its the way we pronounced it our whole lives thats alarming. Me and everyone else pronounced it Beren-STEEN bears. not STAIN. everyone ive ever met until recently pronounced it STEEN
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

On June 5, suppression of the protest was immortalized in Western media by the famous video footage and photographs of a lone man standing in front of a column of tanks driving out of Tiananmen Square. The iconic photo that would eventually make its way around the world was taken on June 5 on Chang'an Avenue. As the tank driver attempted to go around him, the "Tank Man" moved into the tank's path. He continued to stand defiantly in front of the tanks for some time, then climbed up onto the turret of the lead tank to speak to the soldiers inside. After returning to his position in front of the tanks, the man was pulled aside by a group of people.

> the man was pulled aside by a group of people

BuuuuullSHIT!

I saw this on TV at the time and I clearly saw him get shot, and drop like a sack of potatoes. All his peers were crying afterwards and saying "THAT is a hero! THAT is a real hero!"

I just tried to find some youtube footage but they all stop before either my scenario or the bullshit scenario get shown.
>>
File: 1433198692882.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1433198692882.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
>>17007380
>>
>>17007028

I'm with you there bro. It was definitely "Sex in the City". Because the narrative at the beginning of the show used to end with ". . . and who is having sex in this city."
>>
>>17004469
The most obvious one is "Luke, I am your father" is now "No, I am your father"

I think it can pretty much be settled that something fucky is up, but what? Why? How? What the fuck is going on and what does it mean for us?
>>
>>17007028
it was sex in the city i swear on my mothers life
>>
File: what color.jpg (204 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
what color.jpg
204 KB, 1200x800
>>
File: berhigh.jpg (57 KB, 400x401) Image search: [Google]
berhigh.jpg
57 KB, 400x401
>>17006134
>>
>>17007487
You sort of prove his point by misspelling the words.
>>
File: images.jpg (24 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24 KB, 300x450
>>17004550
interview with the vampire used to be interview with A vampire....
>>
Why is it always stupid stuff like movie quotes, book/movie titles, occasional celebrity death, and some geography mistakes?
Why is the Mandela Effect always stuff that could easily be mistaken?
If I'm going to begin to consider the rational behind this, there should be something as significant as a war being affected.
>>
>>17007572
what the fug
>>
>>17007575
That's what it starts with, a book title. A celebrity death. Than it will become something bigger.

Just look at 9/12. That day changed everything for America alone.
>>
>>17007591
>9/12
wew lad
>>
>>17007591
>suble troll

i r8 8/8 gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>17007603
*subtle
>>
>>17007575
I agree. Every single one of these commonly mentioned "glitches in the matrix" has a rational explanation linked to how poorly the brain actually remembers stuff. There's a reason why eyewitness testimony is actually rather unreliable.

I have a feeling that people remember it as "Berenstein" because "stein" is a more common ending to a name. Frankenstein, Einstein, etc. If I remember correctly, the cartoon pronounced it close to "stein", despite being named "Berenstain."

I think Mandela has to do with the fact that most people simply didn't pay attention to his condition for most of his prison sentence, and naturally assumed he was dead. Same with Castro. He was announced sick a few years ago, and Raul took over, but he never died.
The NZ thing? I've never met an Australian or a Kiwi that's thought it was to the NW. (I'm an Aussie btw.)

Occam's Razor, boys. What's more likely - you all coincidentally remember something wrong, or that spacetime has been distorted in such a manner to change one letter in a children's book series?
>>
>>17007618
What are you retarded?
Of course there's a disrupt in spacetime. You're just not looking hard enough. It's everywhere.
>>
>>17007380
The name probably changed on different editions.
>>
>>17007628
I'm sure there is, buddy. Despite the fact they're all easily explained.

On an unrelated note, did you take your meds today?
>>
>>17007628
Like where?
>>
>>17005349
He raped like 7 women since then. impossible.
>>
>>17006726
And why did they also make the author's names in their obutuaries a "new edition"...? It was Berenstein. Lols. Anyone who actually read those books throughout their childhood and even adulthood remember the truth. At least their truth, in their universe.
>>
>>17005668
Kek
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Straight from 2001 EGM issue.
>>
>>17007380
Where the fuck did you get this picture, all of the pictures I have found say BerenstAin now..
>>
>>17004469
Fuck, I remember it as berenstain bears. That means I'm not from a cool alternate reality.
>>
>>17007641
It's a very well edited photo
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 825x177) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 825x177
>>17007632
>>17007633
Then how do you explain this you fuqing idiots? Proof, right there in the photographs. Tell me that's not some spacetime fuckery for your asses.
>>
>>17007632
And for your info I did take all my meds today. Cuz I took them all at once on Monday. So fuq you
>>
>>17007035
Do not fuck with me on this one. I remember them being different too. Wtf is the point in differentiating between the two if they're the same?!
>>
>>17007653
Nigga look at your own fucking image, and realise it's spelled both ways. You really shouldn't proliferate theories about spelling if you can't fucking read.

>>17007655
Godspeed, Anon.
>>
>>17007653
Assuming those pictures are entirely unedited, that doesn't prove that reality has shifted. It only suggests that there was a common misunderstanding that the books were named something else and that misprints can happen.
>>
>>17007632
> did you take your meds today?

Bingo! See you recall a reality where he takes meds, but he ACTUALLY DOESN'T! Oh you're so mind fucked now.
>>
>>17007466
Mother of God, this too?
>>
I wish that I had read this book series as a child. I'm completely missing out on this mindfuck that everybody else gets to have every time this is posted.
>>
>>17004607
>implore
Maybe the meanings of those two words changed as well?
>>
Of this was true then when did the universe change? As a South Africa I have never heard that Mandela actually died... Is it possible that people in other countries are just wrong or mistaken?
>>
>>17007671
Kek
>>
>>17007466
>>17007666
Okay, this isn't Mandela Effect. The never ending song has existed for a white and the show actually changed the lyrics.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 340x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 340x427
>>17007660
Nope. You're wrong. You just don't want to believe.
>>
>>17006829
Why is Greenland as big as Africa?
>>
>>17007678
bullshit. what a weird, arbitrary pointless change to make
>>
>>17007689
Why is Greenland full of ice and Iceland green... Illuminati universe shift confirmed
>>
>>17007685
I want to believe, I really do. I just want something more substantial. An entire war would be enough to convince me.
>>
>>17007691
Certainly it is less likely that they changed the lyrics and more likely that we live in a different universe.
>>
This is the same shit with everyone remembering the thunderbird pictures... Power of suggestion is strong
>>
>>17007693
If not joking: pick up a fucking history book
>>
>>17007705
Definitely Joking
>>
>>17004469
I remember the bears as BerenstEin
Also I remember Richard Kiel dying on 2004 or 2006
>>
File: 1432986921093.jpg (61 KB, 570x396) Image search: [Google]
1432986921093.jpg
61 KB, 570x396
>Born 88
>Remember hearing that Nelson Mandela dies in prison.
>Remember everyone pronounced it "Bernsteen" but can't remember the spelling visually.
>Always thought that the Tiananmen guy was run over by the tank and died.
>Remember it as "The Song That Never Ends"
>It was always "Sex and the City" and "Interview with the Vampire"
>>
>>17007678
Well desu, I know full well it's just memory errors, but still, that was my childhood memory that I've had for a couple decades. It's a tad spooky. Could you give me a link? I started looking it up and all I got was Lamb Chop saying "doesn't end" regardless of the title.
>>
>>17007713
>misinformation due to Mandela becoming less relevant in prison
>people often mispronouncing/spelling certain names
>a logical assumption to make if you were otherwise unaware of the event
>the show popularized the song, but also got the lyrics wrong
>words like "and" & "in" sound similar when said quickly much like "a" & "the"
>>
>>17007702
Thunderbird pictures?
>>
>>17007719
I don't think you can find the origin to it, but there are a few different versions with different lyrics
None of the changes are significant other than "never" and "doesn't"
>>
>>17007721
Thunderbirds as in the cryoptoid. Al bunch of people swear that they saw a picture which is described in full detail in a old nature book or some shit but magically the picture has been lost Google lost Thunderbird photo
>>
>>17007725
Hm, fascinating. I'll look around, but by any chance do you have a link to the "never" version?
>>
>>17007736
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-song-that-never-ends
>>
>>17007697
The reason you don't notice any changes is because you are originally from this reality
>>
>>17007746
So every possible incident of misconception is a alternate universe? I remember qoute the line as "do you feel lucky punk" When in fact it is "do I feel lucky punk" must be from another universe
>>
>>17007746
I notice some changes. I've made the movie ones and the celebrity death ones. The King with the turkey leg is the one that I remember screwing me up the most. I just don't think these are substantial enough.
>>
>>17007618

get your rational scepticism out of here you mild mannered fuck
>>
>>17007380

maybe the originals are from a different country?
>>
>>17007749
If only you or a small group of people remember it like that, then it's probably just a misconception; on the other hand, if thousands of people share a memory of something that supposedly never happened...
>>
File: 1428510338401.jpg (79 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1428510338401.jpg
79 KB, 800x600
>>17004554
>there's a correlation between people with tinnitus and the mandela effect
>tfw when i have tinnitus and spelled it "Berenstein"
>>
>>17007759
>on the other hand, if thousands of people share a memory of something that supposedly never happened...

then it's a misconception on a greater scale. there's 7 billion people on this planet; it's entirely possible for a large number of people to share a misconception. if we were to attempt to address this with any scientific rigor, we'd have to establish the minimum number of people it takes to turn a misconception into a reality shift.
>>
>>17007759
Maybe if the things that never happened was something drastically different such as millions remembering the Berenfag bears that would be a indication of something being up but a slight variation of misconception does not proof make
>>
>>17005429
Me neither, i don't rember seeing any news about it, not even on pol.
>>
>>17007759
Certainly of many people were brought over to a new universe where Mandela was still alive then why aren't there a bunch of white south African people going like wtf why is this dead man president suddenly and what happened to apartheid?
>>
>>17004609
I'm not that anon but it's never been red. I remember going fishing with my dad in the early '80s and learning the word chartreuse because it was/still is an extremely popular color for lures.

It's the same chartreuse now as it was then.
>>
>>17007618
While I must agree with your reasoning, the way you explained the "effect" ("spacetime has been distorted in such a manner to change one letter in a children's book series") was a bit simplified, which (regardless of whether I believe it) I don't think it's fair.

The "theory" goes that a number of people have somehow been moved here from an alternate universe, one similar to our own in all but a few aspects. The idea of infinitely numerous, almost identical universes is actually proposed by many theoretical physicists, including Stephen Hawking (the guy on the wheelchair, you know).

So, let's assume for a second that the surname Berenstain was once spelled Berenstein (as you said, -stein is a much more common ending in German surnames), but some decades or centuries ago a registrational error (perhaps when the family migrated to America?) caused the letter change. Now, all those people who remember it differently would have (according to the theory, of course) come from a parallel universe where that mistake never happened, therefore the name was still spelled "Berenstein".

It's still rather far-fetched, but hey, that's just a theory. A Physics-related theory. Thanks for reading.
>>
>>17007505

fuck. no-one ever replies to this. I must be the only one.
>>
>>17004550
I felt strange about Australia too. Then I realized when I really studied it it was on shitty undetailed continent worksheets in preschool which made it seem isolated and different.

My explanation at least.
>>
>>17007811
Matpat?
>>
>>17007780
>does not proof make

okay thanks Yoda
>>
>>17007806
Don't you get it? These anon are super special snowflakes from another reality.

It's silly to think they're just idiots who got things wrong.
>>
>>17007822
Yoda would say "proof make it does not"
>>
File: terrific[1].jpg (56 KB, 344x430) Image search: [Google]
terrific[1].jpg
56 KB, 344x430
When I was a kid the animated version of Charlotte's Web was different.
>Wilbur and Charlotte talk about Charlotte's pregnancy
>Wilbur is coughing and is sick at the time
>The next day Wilbur never wakes up. He dies.
>Charlotte tries to wake Wilbur then realizes he's passed.
>Charlotte weaves the word "Terrific" over Wilbur's body as she cries. Charlotte's tears trickle down her web as she weaves the word

>Months later, life is back to normal. The farm animals witness Charlotte giving birth to her baby spiders. One of the spiders sounds just like Wilbur and leads the rest of the baby spiders out of the barn.
>Charlotte and her babies say goodbye to each other. The farm animals are commenting about how "lovely" this scene is.
>The End
>>
>>17007771
>>17007780
>>17007794

I never claimed I believe the Mandela Effect; I just think the fact that thousands of people share a similar "misconception" (one that's never been enforced by any kind of authority or media, mind you) is slightly odd.
>>
>>17007828
When I was a kid the film Toy Story 3 was very different. Buzz formed the fourth reich and holocausted the humans.
>>
>>17007812
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

Maybe you remember him getting shot because there were violent protests prior to the tank event?
>>
>>17007834
You must also remember the fact that many of the "Mandela died" people are actually playing along to sound and feel special it's the same with that freaking dress how many people pretended to see it as black and blue even if they saw it as white and gold.
>>
>>17007844

I am telling you mate, I remember the visual clear as day. I can even tell you he fell slightly to the left as he became limp and just fell to the ground. I am going off a visual here. I'm not some faggot who makes shit up because "golly gosh there were a lot of bullets fired that week".
>>
>>17007852
Well, surely that's a problem with any social study, you can never know when people are lying about their feelings/thoughts... But on the other hand, I don't know how you can be so sure they're just playing along (unless some of them have admitted to, which I have no knowledge of).
>>
>>17007844
oh and thanks for providing a link that I already provided. How sharp are *your* perceptions?
>>
The Last Picture Show (1971) was always Rated PG whenever HBO or Cinemax aired it, yet I remember seeing full frontal nude scenes in it during the middle of the day when it usually aired. Anybody else remember seeing this during the early 90's?
>>
>>17007505
fuck this shit i fucking knew he was run over.
jesus fuck this is impossible
>>
File: 1384822704499.gif (1 MB, 325x203) Image search: [Google]
1384822704499.gif
1 MB, 325x203
>>17007860
>>17007863
Lol goddamn, chill out.
>>
File: 1445898988229.jpg (45 KB, 299x294) Image search: [Google]
1445898988229.jpg
45 KB, 299x294
>>17006686
This is false, I remember 100% it was Toons and the double OO OO made some kind of deep impression when I was a kid. Same goes with mirror mirror, if you question this just take a look at all the 1xxxxx songs using the old term and not the "magic mirror" that just sounds wrong.

There has been some messing with the timelines lately, however cern got partly destroyed not that long back because of balance by the higher energies "the advantage was unfair". 45% of the machine is currently under some serious repair so we should not be that con(cern)ed anymore.

Do your part and believe in the collective rightouness!
>>
>>17007861
Maybe they believe they remember the different things due to the power of suggestion, instead of willfully pretending if placebos work on certain type of people is it not possible that these type of people are more sceceptable to believing that they truly remember the misconception as fact
>>
>>17007875
You might be thinking if tiny toons.

Many books say mirror mirror yet the Disney movie says magic mirror I can remember finding that strange when I was a kid thinking the movie git the qoute wrong. No universe tampering here
>>
File: 1338167844900s.jpg (3 KB, 127x104) Image search: [Google]
1338167844900s.jpg
3 KB, 127x104
>ITT: People using the most convoluted explanation possible to justify the fact that they are retarded at geography and can't spell
>>
>>17007884
Remember, we might come from different timelines, possible reason is nationality. Becuase we are very unaware of what is going on in other countries than your own when we were young, If we go by the rule that everything your own mind registres will be a factor for your own non stopping multiverse split of your cells/atoms into possible dimensions and timelines for your soul, it is possible.

One saying that might not be true but still opens up for stimulated thinking: What if I am the only real person in a dimensional matrix that splits 1xxxxxxxxxxxx times in every every split of a second, this would be the correct description of this simulation based on my own opinions.

What I know for sure however, Looney Toons was aired with that opening in my in my disney childhood europe 90s experience that I was given.

>>17007885
Shill on
>>
Some days I wake up, and my room is not "different", but feels off. Like little things, such as the facing of labels, and the positioning of furniture change by almost imperceptible margins. And sometimes shit is just either missing, or no longer exists. The day goes by slower or faster than what is average. My eye color slightly changes from bluish grey to an almost green. It is fucking weird.

>inb4 paranoid. No shit.
>>
It's actually Introduction to Psychology desu.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confabulation
>>
>>17007750
Then continue disbelieving, it won't change anything anyways. I had a prophetic dream about the Berenstein bears when I was 12 which is why I personally know it to be true. I was younger at my grandma's house playing a Berenstein computer game and the books were all in the shelf next to me and then suddenly the Bears turned demonic or something of the sort. All I know is that it's the same feeling I got when I learned the name was mysteriously altered. I ran to my grandma in the dream, crying and asking her what is wrong with the Berenstein Bear game and she looked at me with this blank, dead stare and said that I imagined all of this, there's no such thing as Berenstein bears. So imagine how I feel when I find out that somewhere along the line things shift and there's ACTUALLY no Berenstein bears in this reality.
>inb4 there's no such thing as prophetic dreams
>inb4 prophetic dream is an implanted memory, placebo effect yadda yadda
>>
>>17007636

You can't just cross universes like that you fucking wanna be physics interpreter. People here remember it as 'stein' because that's how peoples illiterate families would pronounce it.

Holy shit guys, do you remember it as Pokemon? Or Pokeman? My mother has always said Pokeman but HHOOOLLYY SHIT GOOGLE IT NOW
ITS FUCKING POKEMON
MON!
>>
>>17005521
ITS BEVAUSE '...REUSE' SOUNDS LIKE 'ROUGE', FUCKING HELL ITS SIMPLE ,FUCK , I CANT BELIEVE I LEFT /POL/ FER THIS SHIT,FUCK

anyone else remember the timeline where the good guys won world war 2? ;_;
>>
This thread makes me sad. A very large number of you need serious psychological help.
>>
>>17007572
holy fuck. i googled it thinking you might have a foreign poster but the name is now "with the" and there is no doubt in my mind its interview WITH A vampire.

has history around me changed?
>>
I was convinced for like 15 years that Normandy was in French North Africa and the allies landed troops in Africa on D-Day, rather than France.

But that doesn't mean I came from some alternate reality where that's the case, I probably just had some retarded misconception because of hearing about Rommel on the history channel as a child or something and that stuck in my subconscious. Anyone that seriously believes this is either extremely suggestible or so narcissistically certain that their own memories are absolutely immutable truth that rather than them being wrong, the entire world must have altered itself on a quantum level.
>>
I remember when brains where called breins. Man, people sure are stupid when they think brains where originally called that instead of brein.
>>
>>17004695
More like stains;gate
>>
>>17007985
You and some others in this thread are completely missing the point. I'm not saying I believe the whole "parallel universe" theory, but the phenomenon being discussed here is that LOADS of people have the SAME misconception about the SAME event.
>>
>>17008011
But no one is trying to work out what it could be that caused such a common misconception, other than "Stein is more common than stain for names" which is obvious. They're all just going GUYS MUH PARALLEL UNIVERSE THIS REALITY IS WRONG AND I AM RIGHT. A sane person's response would be, "Huh, that's odd. I guess I thought New Zealand was there because I mixed it up with New Guinea or something." but everyone here is positing the most absurdly over-complicated theory possible rather than actually trying to figure out why the misconception is common.
>>
>>17007998
Rukako made me stain the gait of my pants.
>>
>>17008014
Most of the comments here are either simply listing examples of the phenomenon or criticizing the whole thing altogether. But hey, maybe we're in different universes and you're seeing a completely different version of this thread.
>>
>>17007973
Fun fact "stain"at the end of a name can also be pronounce "stine" it is the European verson of the Germanic "stein". So pronouncation actually has little factor in this.
>>
>>17007674
Yes, it's 100% possible that people in other countries are misinformed and tend to be forgetful of information presented to them 15+ years ago when they were illiterate children.
>>
>>17007983
It is Interview With a Vampire. I mean... not anymore.. but it was.
>>
>>17007771
This is true.
For instance, many-if not most- people in 'your' or 'our' realitiy are of the notion that there was an attempted genocide of the hebrews in 40's germany, and some actually believe that our glorios soviet world government lost the 'cold' war.
Madness.
>>
>>17006747
it was "magic mirror on the wall" buddy
>>
>>17007463
i remember this
>>
>>17007591
lol @ u mate
>>
>Could I have remembered something wrong?
>Nope. Must be a shift in the universe.

This is what you retards actually believe?
>>
Anyone remember this show being in the 80s and not the 90s?
>>
File: image.jpg (278 KB, 1180x1204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278 KB, 1180x1204
>>17008105
Yes they seriously believe bro. I gave up trying to tell people they just have faulty memories, because nobody wants to think they're wrong.
>>
>>17008156
No, dumbass, it's even in the "90's style" of animation.
>>
>>17008105
>>17008195
You guys do realize this a paranormal board, right?
>>
>>17008156
> Série de desenho animado

le hue
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 426x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 426x480
>>17008215
Paranormal?
Don't you mean role play?
>>
>>17008247
If you're just gonna assume everything posted here is role play, what's the point of even coming here in the first place?
>>
thread music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
>>
>>17008014

An important fact is all this, especially the Berenstein thing, has only come up in the last couple years when the internet has obviously been around much longer.
>>
>>17008269

I meant to say factor not fact. None of this is really fact.
>>
>>17008255
Not himI come here to laugh at people seeling their souls to demons and people who paranormaly reacts to things but that happen only with reflexes.
Some people here tell legit spoopy and strange stories , doesn't mean I can't come here to look at people learning magick and mind control.
>>
>>17008269
That doesn't contradict the purpoted phenomenom at all. Again, I'm not saying I believe the multiverse theory, but if it's true the "transition" may have happened recently.

Really, I'm getting tired of all the arbitrary skepticism going on here. This is a paranormal board; shouldn't this be an interesting topic to debate? For once it seems that many people are experiencing (and having the chance to discuss) something for which a consensual, satisfying explanation hasn't been reached, and yet we just dismiss it as if it was just a handful of jerks roleplaying/misremembering stuff.

One would assume you guys are more interested in all the shitposting than actually in talking about the fucking topic of the board.
>>
>>17006092
THE PRESIDENT LIVES, ALWAYS!
>>
>>17008301

I meant that post in favor of the Mandela effect, since if it had always been Berenstain but people just remembered it Stein, you would think someone would have noticed before 2012 or whatever.
>>
>>17004606
lol underrated post.

this shit is retarded guys.

take your meds.
>>
It might actually be spookky if most people remembered Berenstain but it was actually Berenstein.

I feel like understanding this phenomenon doesn't take much more than an introductory psychology course. Your brain's "memories" are fragments; when you remember something you're really remembering a tiny fraction if it and interpolating the missing pieces with reasonable data.

"Stein" is a reasonable suffix and "stain" arguably isn't. So it makes sense that a shit ton of people are confused thinking it's Berenstein and not Berenstain, because the former looks more real.
>>
I believe that I died in a car accident that was pretty serious that i got in a few years ago. After telling people this, they told me to research mandela effect.

Now I keep seeing this all over the place, and i have good reason to believe that im living in an alternate reality from the one i was born in.
>>
>>17007591
9/12? skyrim release?
>>
File: 1432396945480.jpg (35 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1432396945480.jpg
35 KB, 350x350
Does anyone here remember Bernie Sanders being the leader of some ponzie scheme a few years ago? How come Bernie Sanders is a good guy now?
>>
>>17007666
I KNOW FOR A DAMN FACT IT WAS NEVER ENDS! WHAT IN GODS NAME IS HAPPENING
>>
File: 456789.jpg (886 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
456789.jpg
886 KB, 1920x1080
>>17007693
Watch D2 mighty Ducks!
>>
So the Tiananmen Square thing really bothers me.

I remember watching it in an advanced psychology class and the teacher turning it off just before the protester supposedly gets ran over by the tank. Students even asked about him and she (the teacher) told us that she could not show the rest because
1) she didn't have the rest
And
2) she thought that it was too graphic

I remember talking about this with my friends long before I even had taken this class - and they recall the protester being killed by the tank as well.
>>
>>17008072
Only in shrek you goonsquad!
>>
tl:dr: people who are incapable of accepting the possibility that they are wrong

>wait, have i been wrong about something?
>NO, I MUST BE IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE
>>
>>17008378
Because of this argument I'm coming to hate the skeptics more than I do the delusional lunatics.

I personally don't think there is anything paranormal about this; however, to assume that all those people are coincidentally "wrong" in the exact same way about the exact same thing is even more absurd than to claim anything paranormal.

Denying everything without even bothering to read it doesn't make you smarter, bro. If anything, it only proves YOU are unable to change your opinion.
>>
Hello without telling people anything I have been asking people this.
>remember those bear books when we were kids?
>Yeah the Bernstein Bears we all remember them
>How do you spell it
Even people much older than me, everyone at my work, my parents and grand parents. Out of 100 people I asked they all said the same thing
>I don't know how to spell it.
>Spell it how you remember
> B E R N S T E I N
All I did was ask people how to spell the bear books from when I was a kid. Regardless why, this is pretty neat to me.
>>
>>17008376
My uncle was there he took a famous photo, another angle of the guy with the flower. I've got it somewhere. Its never been seen by the public.
>>
>>17008396
Leak dat shit biotch!
>>
>>17008396
Bump
>>
>>17004675

I think you used to live in an alternate universe where your brain wasn't full of crazy shit.
>>
Honestly what I think happened is early on when the books started getting popular, people said Berenstein because they didn't read the whole word and assumed it'd end with another E in place of the A because the brain saw two E's before it and tried to fill in some blanks. I remember Berenstein, as does my family, but I don't remember ever looking intently at the actual word, only hearing it said from everybody. I was a child, I assumed it was the correct pronunciation. That's my theory, as much as I'd like to believe in separate timelines, it's simply too small of a change for me to give a shit about.

Tldr: we think it's Berenstein because the brain assumed it was an E and people started pronouncing it wrong, and nobody really bothered to check, so now most people think it's Berenstein.
>>
>>17008404
that's far from being the only example, though
>>
>>17007028
No. My mom is an avid fan and collector of Sex and the City. I remember very clearly. She only watched that show for my entire fucking childhood. This is a case of you mishearing in as and.
>>
>>17008418
Most of these seem to follow that pattern honestly. Sex and the City being misheard as Sex in the City, Interview with the Vampire as Interview with a Vampire. The words that change are extremely easy to mishear. I honestly think these are cases of mishearing something, and never checking the actual material. Now, I can't explain the map stuff any other way than people simply not really checking maps. I mean shit, I've seen a lot of maps, and I'm pretty sure I know where some stuff is, but if something seems a little off, then I'm pretty sure I'm just wrong. I'm not a fucking cartographer. The Nelson Mandela stuff I don't know. I also thought Fidel Castro was dead, but I remember because I was told by my parents back in the day, and never gave enough of a shit to check.

That's just what it seems like to me. If we're in a parallel universe, that's rad, string theory is rad, but I don't really see why it would matter either way.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.